• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Themes of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Here is what I consider to be the themes in each of the games.

KH1- Connections
KH:CoM- Memories
KH:CoM'R/R- Emptiness/Inner Darkness
KH2- Promises
KH'Days- Identity
KH:BBS- Friendship
KH:Coded- ?
KH:3D- Trust

Maverick E.S

Virus
hmm, kh1 i thought would be more so friendship buuuut after remembering certain lines through out connections sounds more accurate :D

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
KH1 - Friendship (Note what Sora goes through for his friends, and Donald and Goofy in Hollow Bastion.)
CoM - Memories
RR - Redemption
KH2 - Promises
Days - (I'd say "Identity" but whatever the main theme was seems lost to the poor writing to me.)
BbS - Connections (Like, "Connections to the past" and between friends.)
Coded - [I don't know.]
3D - Trust

But that's just my understanding on the games :/.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Probably should note that none of those are actually themes... they're motifs.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Grass said:
Why do you say emptiness?
Personally, I'd say Redemption or Balance.

Hollow Bastion and Destiny Islands (two of the few worlds to actually have plot in his story) discuss emptiness a bit. Even the opening of Reverse/Rebirth has Riku waking in an empty void that symbolically is supposed to represent his heart. Almost all of Riku's memory worlds are empty too, which Zexion points out. DiZ even claims that because Riku turned his back of light to welcome darkness in his heart but later rejected that darkness, Riku's heart had become almost empty just like the room he awoke in, just like his memories. And Riku's conflict in the story is that there is a little bit of darkness he couldn't quite shake off, and Xehanort's Heartless tries to use it to smother Riku's heart in darkness once more.

Riku though tries to reject the darkness in an attempt to not return to his dark ways, and in the end he comes to accept the idea of channeling the darkness in his own heart in equal use with his light. Because of this, I guess I see why redemption and balance makes sense as themes, but I still prefer my idea for the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back