• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Simpsons or Family Guy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Simpsons or Family Guy?

• The Simpsons

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tima

This was tough. I love the Simpsons. They're a classic. The old seasons were awesome. But lately, they haven't been that funny. I've been disappointed with the Simpson's these past few seasons. Family Guy is just a funnier show. It has excellent writing and great characters. The Simpsons will always have a special place in my heart, but Family Guy is just the better show.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Tima said:
Family Guy is just a funnier show. It has excellent writing and great characters.

Wait...what? Family Guy's plots are excuses to throw in as many offensive jokes and pop culture references as possible. I love Family Guy, but the writing isn't any better than that of The Simpsons.

Tima

Square Ninja said:
I love Family Guy, but the writing isn't any better than that of The Simpsons.

Yes. Yes it is.....when compared to the last 2 seasons of The Simpsons.

Wait...what? Family Guy's plots are excuses to throw in as many offensive jokes and pop culture references as possible.

And that's bad because....?

Tima

Square Ninja said:
It's easy to throw together something that doesn't make any sense. The Simpsons at least tries* to make an actual plot.

*You know what's rich? Seeing a stickler for good writing make a grammatical error. It makes me smile on the inside.

So Family Guy doesn't try to make an actual plot? Because Family Guy is completely random with no common theme? Because no work goes into the making of Family Guy...because they do it the "easy" way?

Who Am I?

Family Guy has never really interested me and I've been watching The Simpsons for years.

Now, who do you think I would choose?

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Family Guy is funnier and that's all that matters. I dont care which show has been around longer. Just because Simpsons is really old doesn't make it better. Family Guy is just plain funnier, and that's all there is to it.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Tima said:
*You know what's rich? Seeing a stickler for good writing make a grammatical error. It makes me smile on the inside.

Forgive me if I'm human and make mistakes. You like to hold grudges, don't you?

Tima said:
So Family Guy doesn't try to make an actual plot? Because Family Guy is completely random with no common theme? Because no work goes into the making of Family Guy...because they do it the "easy" way?

Stop trying to put words into my mouth. I never said that no work went into making Family Guy, nor did I imply it. My only message was there was more concern for the actual narrative with The Simpsons.

M

MegaFlare

I can't believe family guy's winning :/

The Simpsons has better humor, IMO.

jk4eva

^ You know, I agree. It appealed to me a lot more, just look at how long it's been airing on Fox. It's made a huge impact in the media industry.

I've seen some eps of Family Guy and even though it is amusing, it somehow doesn't measure up to the Simpsons. At least, not to me. =/

Last edited:
M

MegaFlare

^ I feel the same way. I've watched quite a few episodes of Family Guy, and I have yet to see it match The Simpsons in good humor. The Simpsons are classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back