• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Secondary Purpose for taking the MoM test.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seighart

Awards
Alright, we can all say we know the reason behind Riku and Sora taking the MoM test, but i haven't seen any topics about the other reason they took the test. Not only were they to become masters, but they also had to gain a new power, the power to dive into hearts.

Sure we probably know why they needed that power...but why exactly did they need that power at this pivotal point in time? I used to think it was for helping Ven, but i dont think Yen Sid knows where Ven is...so why did they need this power? Now of all times?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
After helping Aqua in KH3 she will take you to the LoD and find Ven. There you will dive into Ven's dreams and wake him up. BAM and you gain two new lights completing the 7 lights. Calling it now

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It was pretty much self explanatory.

Yen Sid: In your Mark of Mastery exam, you were to unlock seven Sleeping Keyholes. By doing so, you would awaken those worlds form their prison of slumber, and also acquire the power to free a heart from its sleep.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Alright, we can all say we know the reason behind Riku and Sora taking the MoM test, but i haven't seen any topics about the other reason they took the test. Not only were they to become masters, but they also had to gain a new power, the power to dive into hearts.

Sure we probably know why they needed that power...but why exactly did they need that power at this pivotal point in time? I used to think it was for helping Ven, but i dont think Yen Sid knows where Ven is...so why did they need this power? Now of all times?

Rewatch Re:CODED's secret ending.....

Mickey says that they're close to figuring out where Ven's heart is, so that only leaves Terra.

Mickey and Yen Sid both know that Ven's heart is still asleep, so having the power to awaken a sleeping heart would really help out.
Only Aqua knows where Ven's body is, they save Aqua, she takes them to Ven's body, and Riku does something to free Ven's heart from Sora.

And why they need this power now? To form the 7 Lights to battle the 13 Darknesses.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

SIGNS OF WHAT'S NEXT

*World: Mysterious Tower. The camera pans up it from the outside until it reaches the top. Fade to Yen Sid's chambers, Mickey looking down for a second...*

Mickey: Yen Sid! I think we're finally getting close to figuring out where Ven's heart is!

Yen Sid: Is that so? Then that leaves only Terra.

M: Right! And we've gotta save all three of 'em!

First three lines of Signs of What's Next, the secret movie from Re:coded. He does know where Ven's heart is, or at the very least a general area.

Also this means they know where Aqua is and they'll need to save Terra, which will happen in KH3 most likely. Plus, that'll reduce one of Xehanort's 13 Darknesses, which is useful.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ Well yeah i understand that, but how often in the series has this happened so far...

I don't really understand your question. It is clearly spilled out that this power (together with the data from Ansem the Wise) is needed in order to save the suffering ones and bring them back to the world (aka the RoL).
Why now? Maybe because before that there was no time for it? There is not much time spent between KH2 and Dream Drop Distance. Re: Coded takes place mere weeks after KH2 and lasts only a couple days. Until then, Mickey, Yen Sid and co. did not even know those people can be saved.
Heck, until some of the revelations in DDD it wasn't even sure if and how the "incomplete" people could have been saved.

It would be way too easy if Sora could just snap his fingers and revive them, there have to be some conditions or bringing someone back to the RoL who once ceased to exist would be way too easy to accomplish.

It is also interesting to notice that the number of sleeping Keyholes unlocked corresponds exactly to the number of people who called out to Sora in Blank Points.

In the order they did inside Blank Points:
1. Naminé
2. Xion
3. Roxas
4. Terra
5. Ventus
6. Ansem the Wise
7. Aqua

axel95

Awards
Sepiroth: I never even though about that! It could be nothing, but it could be something. You never know with Nomura.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
As has already been said, Yen Sid is pretty clear when he mention Riku's new ability to unlock sleeping hearts. Besides Sora at that very moment, who else in the entire universe of Kingdom Hearts do we know of whose heart is sleeping? Awakening Ventus fits perfectly with them finding the other two lights they need to combat the thirteen seekers of darkness.

Seighart

Awards
I guess il just take what im given. It just confuses me as to why Yen Side all of a sudden chose to see if they can wield the power to dive into peoples hearts and for what purpose. In the beginning, i was to believe he didnt know the whereabouts of neither Ventus, Aqua, or Terra, which brings to wonder why they needed this power at this point in time...i understand they need it now..because of Ven but it didnt make sense if they didnt have that knowledge before the MoM exam started for Sora and Riku. I'm not even sure Aqua has that ability.

hoikess

Sora has the power too now he also unlocked 7 keyholes....becuase sora saving ventus is the most obvious thing to do for an epic fangasm

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I guess il just take what im given. It just confuses me as to why Yen Side all of a sudden chose to see if they can wield the power to dive into peoples hearts and for what purpose. In the beginning, i was to believe he didnt know the whereabouts of neither Ventus, Aqua, or Terra, which brings to wonder why they needed this power at this point in time...i understand they need it now..because of Ven but it didnt make sense if they didnt have that knowledge before the MoM exam started for Sora and Riku. I'm not even sure Aqua has that ability.

I already explained for what purpose they need to wield that power. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about the whole issue.
1. Mickey finds out in Coded there are people in need to be saved, in fact all those Data-Naminé showed him and Data-Sora (We're not talking solely about Ventus here but everyone of the suffering ones).
2. Mickey also learns about the data Ansem the Wise planted inside Sora from Data-Naminé.
3. Mickey writes Sora a letter about that and proceeds to also inform Yen Sid about the new developments.
4. Yen Sid in turn has news about the impending return of Xehanort and decides together with Mickey to catch two birds with one stone:
Prepare Sora and Riku to face Xehanort by putting them through the MoM-exam and at the same time make it also a point of the exam to gain the power to save hearts that have fallen into sleep and find Ansem's data within Sora.

If Yen Sid knows the whereabouts of the tormented ones or not is irrelevant. Relevant is only that they can be saved which was only discovered during Coded, so Yen Sid decided to let Sora and Riku gain the powers to do so, so that they are ready to use it when the time comes to really search for them and save them.
Furthemore, the discussion in the Secret Ending of Coded indicates that at least Mickey was diligently searching for Information on at least the BBS Trio during the years and he managed to pinpoint Aqua's location (at least the realm) and he seems to have a general idea on where Ventus' heart might be.
With Xehanort returning and scheming again the good guys cannot afford to wait with learning how to perform a "Birth by Sleep" until the last minute. If DDD shows us anything then it is that they might have been already too slow because they got caught in one of Xehanort's schemes.

Sora has the power too now he also unlocked 7 keyholes....becuase sora saving ventus is the most obvious thing to do for an epic fangasm
Exactly, Sora has gained the same power as Riku and he can use it as well.
Well, Aqua will be needed for a tour through Castle Oblivion, but I agree that Sora and Ventus finally meeting in person will surely be one of the most interesting moments in the series.
As Data-Naminé stated in Coded, they share a very special connection and Sora is deeply connected with Ven ever since he was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back