• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ruins of Serathlia [OOC/Sign-ups...duh?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert

What does it mean to stand the test of time anyways? Does it mean you survived? Did you leave an imprint on the book of history? Are you remembered in the hearts of others?

Regardless of the answer, the fact still remains that Serathlia, once a powerful city-state, failed in its test.

It was a grand place. High walls protected the city, with its design not unlike others of its kind. However, as with all power, there was corruption. Others without it decided that they were going to take that power, and distribute it amongst themselves to garner the full power of Serathlia's magics.

Only problem was: They failed, though only in the course that the fighting reduced the city they were fighting for to ashes and rubble. In a magical cataclysm, the city was destroyed, and its inhabitants were either dead, dying, or missing.

But there was still power to be had. Magical residue like that is going to do strange things, and possibly lure stranger.​

Present Day Storyline:

It was a night to be remembered. It was the coming of age party for one Eikre Dar'Nell. There was great fun, and awesome music. In the intrests of giving back to the community that had housed him for so long, he gathered his friends to a table, and laid out a map that was given to him as a present.

It was a map to, and inside, the fabled ruins of Serathlia.

Not questioning where it had come from, nor questioning the danger, the only topic being heard at that table for hours after he had unrolled the map was the adventures and the loot to be had inside the ruins. Rare magical doohickeys and weapons were inside, waiting to be claimed! A fun adventure to kick off traversing the world and beyond! Did I mention the loot?

After a bit of planning, the idea was they had a week to get together as much supplies as they could and set off for the adventure of their young lives.​

Serathlia in a nutshell:

This is a very easy plot line to get. In a medieval-fantasy era, there was this city-state thingie, and it was LOADED with magic and power. Obviously, somebody didn't like that, and decided to try and shift that power, and failed spectacularly, resulting in the destruction of most of the inhabitants, and portions of the town. Now, generations after the incidents had been wiped from the memories of others short of legends, a group of young'ns think they can go in and loot the place. We're still in the Dark Ages, though, so no modern-esque-technologies yet. Unless you think you're as cool as the chinese or something.

We're the youngsters. Simple as that.

Standard Template (Feel Free to make your own if this feels limiting)

Name of character:
Personality:
Appearance:
Biography:
Weaponry:
Other Noteworthy Things:

Rules

1) As per Forum Standards, I expect some literacy here. Two paragraphs or so will do, and "Flashbacks" are considered cheating.
2)HAVE FUN OR GTFO.
3)You will be young, even if you're an Elf. Thus your life will be quite short, and relatively uneventful. And since we're all friends here, no emo stuffs.
4)No super awesome weapons/armors/spells/abilites. With luck, you;ll be getting these in the rp anyways.
5)Did I mention to have fun?
6)Somewhere in your profile, include the word "sunshine". Don't just put it at the top of your profile, actually use the word sunshine.
7) Treat the other roleplayers with respect. You should know this by now.
8)There are eight rules.

Dramatic Personae:

Name of character:
Eikre Dar'Nell
Race: Wood Elf
Personality: Upbeat, outgoing personality ready for a challenge with a near constant smile. His optimism, however, is only tempered by his loyalty. This is his idea, and therefore it's his responsibility to bring back everyone alive. He's a little absent-minded, and compulsive, but we all have our blemishes.
Appearance: Eikre stands a full five and a half feet tall, and weighs...about 100 pounds. Given a set of electric-blue eyes filled with magic and curiosity, and messy silvery hair playing down around his chin, and a rat-tail down to his shoulderblades. He wears chain-mail shirt underneath a blue-white tunic, and a black leather chestpiece overtop. Similarly coloured breeches...and a pair of sunshine-coloured "elf-shoe" socks.
Biography: Eikre may have been born with a guitar in his hand, but he probably didn't learn how to play it until he was two. Regardless, Eikre led a happy life filled with music, and the occasional mayhem. His parents were basically your nearby-town hippies, and they gave musical performances every now and again, and so it was natural that Eikre would tag along, and play along some times too. It wasn't long before they noticed that magic coming out of Eikre's song, and not just the abnormal musical quality. He's an adventurous-minded individual, as has been around a bit.
Weaponry: Dual Wields a basket-hilted rapier, and matching Main-Gauche. Supplemented by Arcane Spellsong.
Other Noteworthy Things: Leader of this expedition, And a bard of magical sorts. Experimenting with music distortions for epic songs.

Name of character: Cuno Altair (as usual ;P)

Race: Human

Personality: Optimistic. The best word to describe Cuno. Regardless of the situation, Cuno never lets anything get to him. Takes little seriously. He also tends to break into over-dramatic speech, letting his creativity get the best of him. Considers himself a "Ladies Man", and will hit on any attractive girl in sight.

Appearance: Cuno is tall, although he's never bothered to measure himself. He also doesn't want to know his weight, so he's never checked that as well. His eyes are bright blue, in contrast to his
sunshine colored hair. His sunshine colored hair is tied behind his head, extending down to his shoulder as to not hide his "magnificent" face. He wears a long, white robe that falls to his feet, enlaid with various floral and sybolistic designs.

Biography: A good friend of Eikre's, who has spent most of his life doing nothing. In school, he either slept or stared at his more attractive teachers. Outside of school, he wrote poems. His father has never been comfortable with Cuno's life-style, wishing his son would care more about things. But seeing as Cuno has learned how to skillfully handle a whip and has never been a trouble maker, his father is usually satisfied. This adventure means two things for Cuno. Fame and females ;P.

Weaponry: A whip. This whip has several tiny blades on it that lie on an axel, so they only extend to a slicing stance during attacks. The whip is white, the tiny blades being rose colored.

Other Noteworthy Things: His poems are epic.

Name of character:
Alethia Victoire
Race: Mara
Personality: Alethia has developed a solid tomboy personality, over the years. The standing majority of her friends are male, with the exception of one or two close female friends with whom she can share those burning girly secrets. This being said, as much as she loves her friends of the opposite sex, their presence has brought upon her a sort of detatched exterior, as a result of the guys' natural insensitvity. Mind you, she's still very emotional and feminine at her core, but she has learned to cope with the sometimes harsh way of her masculine friends...
Appearance: Like nearly all Mara, Alethia is petite. She stands at 5'0", but still maintains a very girlish body. Her hair is light blonde in color and is typically tied back in a braid. Her eyes are a solid blue shade and her skin is relatively tan from her daily exposure to sunshine (I hate that word). She wears a dark gray sort of tanktop and loose, dark pants. On her feet are standard, oversized boots. Around her wrists and neck are a number of assorted necklaces, bracelets, and other accessories. Aside from her size, there really isn't a striking difference between the mara and the humans. Allegedly, there's some minor difference in their bone structure, but it's hardly noticeable.
Biography:Alethia lived a very typical life with her family in a small village. It wasn't until recently that they moved to the community in which Alethia met Eikre and Cuno. With her older brother having moved away, her family sold their house and moved to a more lively and cultural era. (I'll probably add more, later, but unless you mind, I really can't think of anything important to add...)
Weaponry: Alethia has extensive knowledge on a number of small weapons such as knives, daggers, etc.
Other Noteworthy Things: Alethia loves art and singing.

Name of character: Alito Mayer

Personality: Often outspoken, Alito is sometimes seen as naive or egotistical. Although, he can be empathetic when the times are called for. Overall, he is a character that is not satisfied with just 'getting by'. He has the will to overachieve any accomplishment.

Appearance: Standing at 5'9 an 130 lbs, Alito is often seen wearing his battle gear: A short-sleeved, black jacket with an ivory undershirt. Equipped with two leather belts, one on his waist, the other dangling under. And both wrists taped from his forearms to his fingerless gloves. Alito's black denims stop at his ankle-high shoes. His dark blue hair shades over his eyes and stops around his neck. His brown eyes look as if they reflect the sunshine.

Biography: Having no true thrill in life, Alito has devoted himself to actually getting up and finding something to do. Thus, his attitude of devotion comes into play. Although Eikre is a couple years older as well as smater, he tends to have a self-proclaimed competition with him. All the while keeping a good friendship. (WTF IZ THIS?! This is not a biography get it together!! *slaps self*)

Weaponry: Something similar to a Bastard Sword, Alito has a fairly large blade strapped to his back. Also, the blade is a deep red color with ancient inscriptions on it. Even though the sword is oversized, Alito can wield it like a kitchen knife.

Other Noteworthy Things: Just tagging along, Alito might as well stop the bordom from continuing.

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
lol...you used my middle name for your character's last name o_O... Anywho:
-----------------------------------------------

Name of character: Alito Mayer

Personality: Often outspoken, Alito is sometimes seen as naive or egotistical. Although, he can be empathetic when the times are called for. Overall, he is a character that is not satisfied with just 'getting by'. He has the will to overachieve any accomplishment.

Appearance: Standing at 5'9 an 130 lbs, Alito is often seen wearing his battle gear: A short-sleeved, black jacket with an ivory undershirt. Equipped with two leather belts, one on his waist, the other dangling under. And both wrists taped from his forearms to his fingerless gloves. Alito's black denims stop at his ankle-high shoes. His dark blue hair shades over his eyes and stops around his neck. His brown eyes look as if they reflect the sunshine.

Biography: Having no true thrill in life, Alito has devoted himself to actually getting up and finding something to do. Thus, his attitude of devotion comes into play. Although Eikre is a couple years older as well as smater, he tends to have a self-proclaimed competition with him. All the while keeping a good friendship. (WTF IZ THIS?! This is not a biography get it together!! *slaps self*)

Weaponry: Something similar to a Bastard Sword, Alito has a fairly large blade strapped to his back. Also, the blade is a deep red color with ancient inscriptions on it. Even though the sword is oversized, Alito can wield it like a kitchen knife.

Other Noteworthy Things: Just tagging along, Alito might as well stop the bordom from continuing.

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
YOU MADE AN ORIGINAL RP AND DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME ABOUT IT?! Shame on you, Kenneth. I intend to join this, though, I'm sure you didn't want me to, as you neglected to inform me of it. BUT TOO BAD FOR YOU.

Anyways, I've got a few questions to ask you regarding teh RP, if/when you get your arse on MSN. : P

THAT WILL BE ALL. *flails cape*

Oh, wait...*whispers* what does "coming-of-age" mean, exactly?

afrobutt

Silver Member
Lol, that lack of parentel responsibility in this matches Kingdom Hearts XD. Cynism (as well as correct spelling) aside, sounds like fun

Name of character: Cuno Altair (as usual ;P)

Personality: Optimistic. The best word to describe Cuno. Regardless of the situation, Cuno never lets anything get to him. Takes little seriously. He also tends to break into over-dramatic speech, letting his creativity get the best of him. Considers himself a "Ladies Man", and will hit on any attractive girl in sight.

Appearance: Cuno is tall, although he's never bothered to measure himself. He also doesn't want to know his weight, so he's never checked that as well. His eyes are bright blue, in contrast to his
sunshine colored hair. His sunshine colored hair is tied behind his head, extending down to his shoulder as to not hide his "magnificent" face. He wears a long, white robe that falls to his feet, enlaid with various floral and sybolistic designs.

Biography: A good friend of Eirke's, who has spent most of his life doing nothing. In school, he either slept or stared at his more attractive teachers. Outside of school, he wrote poems. His father has never been comfortable with Cuno's life-style, wishing his son would care more about things. But seeing as Cuno has leared how to skillfully handle a whip and has never been a trouble maker, his father is usually satisfied. This adventure means two things for Cuno. Fame and females ;P.

Weaponry: A whip. This whip has several tiny blades on it that lie on an axel, so they only extend to a slicing stance during attacks. The whip is white, the tiny blades being rose colored. (I'M KURAMA BITCH!!!)

Other Noteworthy Things: His poems are epic.

Oh, wait...*whispers* what does "coming-of-age" mean, exactly?

IT MEANS WE CAN DRINK!!!! WEW!!!!!

Last edited:

-Arcana-X-

I can see right through all your empty lies
Name of character: Aylin Speranza

Race: Half-Elf, Half-Human

Personality: Aylin's a unusual type of girl. Instead on concentraiting on who is her next boyfriend she is very diligent on working on her future goal since she has no help whatsoever. No parents or relatives. Even though circumstances are against her, she's usually cheerful, sensible, and conservative of her surroundings.

Biography: Since her birth, Aylin's always been a traveler trading items with people all over the East. She keeps good relations with her clients and always is treated the same respect. Along the way, she usually stops in towns and settles there for a while. Having been turned away from her village because of her birth, she's glad to make friends or just stay in the sunshine enjoying it while it lasts. She tries not to think abouther past life as she organizes her business.

Along the way, she would hear stories about myths and folktales she would pass on. One tale was too interesting to pass. Having heard of the Ruins of Serathlia, she decided to take a break and go on with the familiar crew. She would usually meet Eikre, Cuno, Alethia and Alito in the town and say hi once in a while.

Appearence: picture by - Photobucket

Weaponry: Scimitar n' Dagger by ~izartist on deviantART
- Usually a dagger for self-defense, if needed, can transform into a scimitar.
- Later on, Aylin, fully grasps her abilities and whatever is in the picture will happen...

Other Noteworthy Things: Other than having the skill to to be sneaky... she's really just normal...maybe.

Last edited:

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Jeez, Chloe. I would've thought that you'd have seen this before the day was out anyways. \=| I think Ningacom hit it right, IT MEANS WE DRINK! (Unless you're in the boonies like me, then you've been drinking for a while already.)

Common Question: Races? So long as it's not too "WTFOMGBBQ" or something, I'll take it. I'm flexible, though I doubt there's gonna be any Demons, Celestials or whatnot hanging around an uppity elf like myself.

And Zengetsu...he feels to...modern. Throw him back a couple of centuries, and he's good.

As for the others...FINISH YOUR TEMPLATES >=3

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
So...Canadian drinking age or U.S. drinking age? Ah, but your character is 21. I am SO confused.

AHEM.
Name of character: Alethia Victoire
Race: Mara
Personality: Alethia has developed a solid tomboy personality, over the years. The standing majority of her friends are male, with the exception of one or two close female friends with whom she can share those burning girly secrets. This being said, as much as she loves her friends of the opposite sex, their presence has brought upon her a sort of detatched exterior, as a result of the guys' natural insensitvity. Mind you, she's still very emotional and feminine at her core, but she has learned to cope with the sometimes harsh way of her masculine friends...
Appearance: Like nearly all Mara, Alethia is petite. She stands at 5'0", but still maintains a very girlish body. Her hair is light blonde in color and is typically tied back in a braid. Her eyes are a solid blue shade and her skin is relatively tan from her daily exposure to sunshine (I hate that word). She wears a dark gray sort of tanktop and loose, dark pants. On her feet are standard, oversized boots. Around her wrists and neck are a number of assorted necklaces, bracelets, and other accessories. Aside from her size, there really isn't a striking difference between the mara and the humans. Allegedly, there's some minor difference in their bone structure, but it's hardly noticeable.
Biography:Alethia lived a very typical life with her family in a small village. It wasn't until recently that they moved to the community in which Alethia met Eikre and Cuno. With her older brother having moved away, her family sold their house and moved to a more lively and cultural era. (I'll probably add more, later, but unless you mind, I really can't think of anything important to add...)
Weaponry: Alethia has extensive knowledge on a number of small weapons such as knives, daggers, etc.
Other Noteworthy Things: Alethia loves art and singing.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Okay, I finished up my temp. I decided to go with a whip, although I knew that was what I was gonna pick XD.

*looks around at all the minors in this RP* whelp, I guess I'm gonna be the only one drunk T_T *pours him and Eikre some sake*

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Funny, Chloe did not actually tell me to join this one. :3

She would have eventually gotten around to it if I hadn't, though.

Name of character: Talith Turoui
Race: Witch. They're not much different from humans except for their magical empathy, heightened by one distinctive physical characteristic: their ears, while not as tall as an elf's, are still pointed and closely set, wider than a human's. With this they pick up the "sound" of magic. Other than that, their differences are mostly cultural. They live in communities seperated by clans based on their skills, and sometimes they wear silly, pointed hats.
Personality: Most people see Talith as a little intimidating, even cold at times. She has a mysterious way about her, never leaving her heart on her sleeve. She can be fierce, and will always protect someone in need; nor will she hesitate to stand up for herself. She's a proud person, though not arrogant, and knows humility. Talith is actually a very bright person, compassionate and with a sunshine-y sense of optimism. She's also impulsive, and knows it, so tries to be practical. Her sense of humor is witty and oddly whimsical, and often sarcastic. She doesn't fear much, and loves a good adventure.
Appearance: Talith is almost 5'4", nothing impressive, though her figure will never be mistaken for anything but feminine. Some serious recessive genes give her very pale skin and the inability to tan. She has deep grey eyes and dark red hair reaching to her shoulders, which she tries to keep tame. Though not always, she does wear this silly hat at times.
Biography: Talith grew up living a pretty normal life, for a witch. She decided at the age of thirteen that she wanted to learn Rune Witchcraft, so she joined the Inkspell clan and lived with some obscure second cousins [family ties don't mean too much in a communal community]. She also made friends outside her witch clans, and now? Well, she's headed off on a fantastical adventure, of course. If partly to make sure Eikre and the others don't kill themselves.
Weaponry: A long stylus made of black wood and with an almost fountain pen-type tip of silver. A stylus is a magical instrument used to create runes that are the catalysts of spells. However, Talith still carries around a dependable sword named Illume. It's not very long, but very sharp. If it's not available, well, she can always fall back on her fists.
Other Noteworthy Things: Rune magic is very old, very rare, and dying out. There are large gaps in even the most experienced witch's knowledge, and Talith has only learned a quarter of what she wants to. She thinks that in Serathlia, she can find long-lost runes and possibly a gramarye.

Last edited:

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Katamari rollin'?

Even Serathlia could stand up to a Katamari! Er...back in it's day I mean ._.

Oh! You meant when are we starting? Probably when I wake up tomorrow. I just had people over, and I'm quite wiped. Besides, I wanna see if someone else will join. It's not like we'll meet a random guy in a tavern, and like him enough to let him join in the first meeting. That only happens in video games ._.

Edit: I am totally jealous of ToGoh.

afrobutt

Silver Member
It's not like we'll meet a random guy in a tavern, and like him enough to let him join in the first meeting. That only happens in video games ._.

haha, in the words of my awsome charecter

" NONSENSE!!! Any man with drink in his hand and the flames of adventure in his heart is worthy of our grand quest!!!!

Just giving you a preview of my awsome and creative writing ;P (took me 10 seconds to come up with that)

also, can you edit my bio in the first post with my weapon info??? OHOHOH!!! And make it pink :3 Pllz and thank you ^^

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Oh! You meant when are we starting? Probably when I wake up tomorrow. I just had people over, and I'm quite wiped. Besides, I wanna see if someone else will join. It's not like we'll meet a random guy in a tavern, and like him enough to let him join in the first meeting. That only happens in video games ._.

Edit: I am totally jealous of ToGoh.

How DARE you let your family and friends take priority over us, your internet loser buddies. On EASTER, no less!

Oh, and as GOH's sig puts it: You should be. Well, we kind of figured that it'd be ridiculous to continue with the whole, "Oh, and thanks to Tob/GOH. Oh, yeah, and listen to Tob/GOH, too. She's in charge, too." for every fraking RP that we make. Very rarely is there one where we haven't collaborated in some fashion or another. Not only that, but we usually join other peeps' RPs, together...

*stares at thread* I rest my case. Anyways, I look forward to...TOMORROW.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Srry for 2X posting... but no one would see this otherwise. Which is obvoius I suppose (so why am I pointing it out?)

anyway, is Zangestu still in the RP. Cuz I noticed Eirke and GoH both refered only to Arcana X's charecter as not being present... just felt like bringing that up...

*walks away awkwardly*

afrobutt

Silver Member
*sigh* okay, srry for the triple post

so is this RP caput? Cuz I thought it was rlly awsome, and I'll cry if it fails T_T

Don't make me cry :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back