• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Royal Keyblader - Book 1: To Be A Princess

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

navyninja87

Title: The Royal Keyblader - Book 1: To Be A Princess

Author: Melissa Adams AKA navyninja87

Story Fandom: Kingdom Hearts

Parings Mentioned: Hints of Sora/ Kairi and Cornelius/Frannie....Eventual Wilbur/ Lilliana

Summary: Lilliana isn't just a Princess of Heart and the next Keybearer, she is King Ansem's granddaughter and the rightful heir to Radiant Garden's throne. But in order to ascend when she's older, she has to marry. Auron, Squall and King Mickey all expect her to just fall in love when she is on her Keyblading mission. Then she finds love in the most unlikeliest person of all – Wilbur Robinson. Is Wilbur going to agree to be her consort when they get older? Stay Tuned! Read and Review, guys.

Disclaimer: I do not own Disney or Square Enix....yada yada yada.

Author's note: Considering the Cornelius/ Frannie pairing seemed quite...I don't know...weird to me, I guess I decided to write a weird pairing of my own. Besides, this fic was begging to be written with my KH theory going haywire in my brain. For those of you familiar with Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and The Beast, I am not insulting the heroines...It's just a growth thing for Lilliana to get used to. In fact, Ariel and Belle are my favorites since I was 2 years old when TLM premiered and 4 years old when BatB premiered. Jasmine is another one of my favorites and has a namesake in a Power Rangers fic I am co-writing with ChildOfDarkness1988.

Prologue: Destiny Islands – Where The Journey Begins

Hi, my name is Lilliana and I'm the only child of Sora and Kari. The first entry in this diary marks my years as both the Keybearer and Radiant Garden's Crown Princess. Unfortunately for me, my parents were murdered by Maleficent three years ago as a tactic for continuing her nefarious deeds.

Just before he passed, my father told me, “Lilliana, don't forget the Keyblade chooses the next bearer. Even though you will take your mother's place as Crown Princess of Radiant Garden, you are still the Keybearer and need to protect the worlds from the Heartless and Nobodies. Not everyone's Nobody is like mine and your mother's, who were willing to make both of us whole, sweetheart. You will have to fight those people who are selfish and cruel.” It was after this pep talk that my father passed away, my mother having passed before he did.

Amidst the death and confusion, the Keyblade chose me and the rest....is history. At present I'm in a conference with King Mickey and the rest of my family.
“All the key holes that your father sealed in his first year are reopening and soon the Heartless and the Nobodies will start to take advantage of the portals.” King Mickey says. He's briefing me on his findings and I've already lost interest because King Mickey only comes up to my kneecaps.

I've always been scared of mice and both King Mickey and Queen Minnie are no exception. “All the other Princesses are scared.” Queen Minnie squeaked. She was referring to the seven Princesses of Heart, of which I'm the seventh. We Princesses are pure in our hearts.

“Lilliana...” Donald quacked. “When Goofy and I first met your father, I told him that our ship runs on smiles. The same applies to you.”

“I'm smiling, see?” I say, flashing a fake cheesy grin that looks similar to my father's. I know this will just make Donald angry.

“She's a chip off the old block, isn't she?” Leon, my godfather says. Donald just glares at him as my godfather laughs.

“This coming from the guy that came out of nowhere and attacked my dad?” I say with a small smirk. I know this annoys my godfather especially if you mention his past.

“Lilliana!” My godmother, Aerith reprimands as she brushes invisible dust off of her pink dress. “That is not how a Crown Princess acts. You should take your cue from either Belle or Princess Aurora.” This suggestion irritates me because I've met both Princesses and I think they're full of it. Especially Aurora, who prattles on and on about her Phillip. You would think there was something else to discuss besides the men in our lives. However, Belle and I get along despite my conflicting thoughts about her.

“Sorry, Aerith.” I murmur, to appease my godmother. Sometimes she can be worse than my own mother was before her demise. I love her dearly but I hate her lectures.

“Now that I've discussed that horrible news with you, Lilliana,” King Mickey starts, then clears his throat before starting again, “We can turn to more pleasant news. In six years, you are to ascend the throne as Queen of Radiant Garden.” Queen?! I was never told this before now...How is this pleasant news, King Mickey?!

“Queen?” I ask, hoping that maybe I heard wrong. It's happened before.

“Yes. But your grandfather adds a codicil to his will.” Leon says as he looks at me. “In order to ascend the throne, you have to be married between now and the time you ascend.” Oh thanks, Grandpa Ansem. That is a real lovely addendum to add, complicating my life in the process.

“But I'm only twelve!” I protest. They can't legally allow me to get married at my age, can they?

“That's why you have six years, my dear.” Queen Minnie answers. “You'll find that special someone. Mickey rescued me from Pete all those years ago and asked me to be his queen right after that. You'll know when he comes along.” All the other Princesses nod, even Aurora.

“Lilliana, I wanted to apologize about my monopolizing the time we spend together talking about Prince Phillip. I was just trying to inspire you to find your own prince. I see that my babbling has caused you to feel animosity towards me.” Aurora apologized.

“I'm sorry too, Aurora. You're a good friend and a wonderful teammate if I ever get into trouble.” I apologize, meaning every last word. Aurora is a princess by birth...and she's been asleep for a while under Maleficent's thumb. “And you're from the 14th century.” I add, which makes Aurora laugh.

“Why is it that you remember what century my world took place in and still make me laugh about it?” She asked. I have this sense of humor to put others at ease....Dad said it came natural to me.

“Dunno. Dad said Hercules's father must have put in a joke box in my body to amuse himself.” This made everyone laugh, even Cloud.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note, pt2: I hope you enjoyed this installment of Keyblade Diaries. If someone would like to help me write this, I'm open to it...And if you want to beta it, I'm also open to that. If you'd like to do illustrations, please contact me via PM. Thanks to knight47, Reflect5789 and anybody else at KHInsider Forums that critiqued my earlier fanfiction. Sorry that this took three years to update under a different title – I've been doing heavy research and hope that this is much improved.

The Dream

Oh no, not me, I never lost control
Awards
I like it.
I want to see what happens to Lilliana.
But I don't see the reason to make th writing bold when no one is talking.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
not bad... But I would probably pass Cloud and Tifa as godparents instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back