• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Riyona Village

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
Here it is. Hope you like. ^__^
----------
Chapter 4, Conversations

Smiling, Miyo nodded and looked over to the Turk. "Any time," she said gently, fixing her own food. As always, the young woman was certain to feed others before she would dare to eat her own food. She sat down next to Kohana and then began to finally eat her dinner.

"So Miyo," Kikyo continued, lifted her head, "tell me more about this Riyona spirit."

"Well," the hostess began, swallowing and putting down her utensil, "based on what my mother told me when I was young, hundreds of years ago, Riyona was a great spirit that wanted to reign over his own land and be at peace. When he finally found that place, which was here, he created the forest where he lived there peacefully for many years. But as humans became destructive, causing chaos, they destroyed much of the forest and Riyona became enraged. He sent out a sickness that almost wiped out our race. Those who defied his rule were then deformed because of Riyona's plague, and they were cast away, labeled as demons." Looking sternly to her sister, Miyo raised a brow and folded her arms across her chest. "Isn't it time for bed, Kohana?"

"Ah! I'm not sleepy Miyo!" her sister whined while rubbing her eyes.

"It's past your bed time and we have to help cook and set up for the festival," the woman replied to the child, her voice was gentle, yet stern. "If you go to bed now, I'll let you stay up late tomorrow."

"There's a festival?" Kikyo asked, curious about the event.

"Yes, I'll tell you about it when I put Kohana to bed," Miyo replied, shifting her eyes to sister once again. She rose to her feet and grasped the child's wrist. The woman motioned to the direction of her bedroom, the child responded with a pout, and the two walked into the bedroom, leaving Kikyo and Vincent alone together at the table.

"This world," the Turk muttered, raising his eyes toward Kikyo. "It's so peaceful, no? I haven't seen a place as such for ages. It's so... nostalgic." The priestess, who sat parallel to Vincent, blinked as she gave a small nod in response. It was strange; something inside of her compelled her to agree.

Returning a few moments later, Miyo emerged, shaking her head at Kohana's antics before she fell asleep. "Sorry about that," the young woman apologized, gaining a smile. She gazed at Vincent and Kikyo before continuing her story. "Now where was I? Oh, of course, the demons. Even to this day, the demons try to get back at Riyona by trying to destroy the forest. My parents died at the hands of some of the demons with those intentions. Anyway, since we take from the forest and use its resources, we have a festival every year in the honor of Riyona, in which we thank him for providing us with the herbs and plants we live on. This time of year a rare healing plant blooms, called a Spider-Lily Flower, and we use them for their medicinal properties. I've heard that if you were to go deep in the forest, you'll come across a waterfall where Riyona's heart is. The elders say that we should protect the forest or our land is destined to die. That's why we ran to the forest after hearing about demons. I was so worried about Kohana, and I'm really glad that you found her and everything. I owe you all so much."

"You owe us nothing," Vincent said, crossing his arms as he took a quick glance at Kikyo. "We don't deserve your hospitality." The man looked up to Miyo and expressed no emotion. "I apologize for the loss of your parents. It's unfortunate how they met their end."

Kikyo looked at him and replied, "Don't mind him, he seems to like pushing people away. But he's right, you don't owe us anything. You've done enough."

"No, you two protected my sister, the only survivor in my family," Miyo uttered in a soft voice. "The least I could do is provide you with food and a place to stay until you find a way home. It's always boring here. This is the most excitement we've had in months, maybe years." The young woman paused before continuing.

She then looked at Vincent, saying to him, "You don't have to be sorry about my parents. Loved ones die everyday; it's part of life. Yes, it's unfortunate that they died under terrible circumstance but it's even worst to see Kohana not know anything about our parents. I tell her a few stories about them but she never experienced the love from them since they died when she was a baby. You know how hard that is for a child?"

"I understand that hardship," the man said as he looked away from the two girls. He knew exactly what this small family was enduring. When he was small, Vincent had lost his mother, who was unable to provide him with any siblings. His father was never home during his childhood because of his extensive research, and Vincent was always alone.

Out of this loneliness, the man was inspired to join the Turks, or the Investigation Division of the General Affairs Department of the Shinra Electric Power Company. There, he became powerful gunman he was today and where he met Lucrecia Crescent and his entire life afterwards fell into place. Vincent was silent for a long moment and fell into deep thought.

"Throughout my life, I just wanted to be an ordinary woman, and being a priestess, I thought I was not permitted to display emotion," Kikyo muttered, there was a hint of sadness in her voice. "I grew up hiding a lot of things inside, and I almost became this lost soul. I understand how attached a child could be, Miyo, especially with no parents."

"I see that we all lost some part of ourselves," the hostess added, cleaning up and putting any other food away. "When my parents died, I felt so terribly alone. To make matters worse, I had to take care of my infant sister and try to get a hold of myself. One day, when Kohana and I were in the garden, I realized that our happiness is connected with our outlook on life. I've always try to stay positive even if it's not for myself."

Vincent lowered his eyes and thought of his painful past yet again. The man took his hand and placed it upon his chest and felt his heart beating. "It's there alright", he said to himself. "But it feels like it's not really there and it's been ripped out of me."

The Turk barely expressed any emotions, but when he did, they often got a hold of him and would get out of control. The image of the Chaos creature he once had the ability to transform into appeared in his head and felt his stomach churn at the sight of it. "Stop it," he commanded himself in his head. "Get ahold of yourself."

Miyo finished cleaning up, which wasn't much, and sat down in front of the two people she had welcomed into her home. She noticed Kikyo starting to doze off a little, and she then looked over to Vincent. The young woman gazed curiously as she saw him in an uneasy thought. "Are you alright?" she asked, taking a step toward him. "Maybe you should get some sleep."

"I'm fine," he quickly snapped as he looked up at Miyo with his intense red eyes. Vincent quickly regained his emotionless face and he stood upon his feet. "I don't need any sleep."

"Well, I do," Kikyo responded, also getting up. "Is there any room left?"

Miyo quickly lowered her head, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Yes," the woman replied to the priestess. "Down the hall, to the left. There's an empty room."

Kikyo walked toward the hallway before turning to the Turk. "I sense that you're suppressing something, but either way you'll end up hurting yourself as well as others," the woman explained to the man. She then turned her attention to the hostess, continuing, "Miyo, if you can find a way to help us get home that would be greatly appreciated. Although, this place seems better than my world."

Miyo gave Kikyo a small nod, and the priestess went to her room. Miyo gazed at Vincent and saw his red eyes intensify with the light coming forth from the house's fireplace. She had a confused look on her face and she didn't want to question him or make him angry at her. "I don't know what you're thinking, but whatever the problems are, they're not here in this world," Miyo said softly, offering a bit of comfort. "I'm not sure of how to get you back home yet, but I'll find a way to help you and Kikyo. I'm sure that you'll be happy then."

Miyo fell silent with a loss for words. She didn't like the air that seemed gloomy like the rain, so she looked around and got up, seeing the flowers that Kohana picked earlier. She went over and picked them up before placing them on a table as she took a tall glass and placed it outside. She then asked Vincent, giving a smile, "Did you bring these flowers in?"

The Turk glanced over his shoulder and nodded. As he crossed his arms and focused once again on the fire, he fell silent for a long moment. The thunder outside crackled and the man attempted to warm his cold hands. "We've both lost people that we once held dear," he said as he looked up at Miyo. "I understand what loss can feel like."

Miyo brought in the tall glass, now filled with water, and placed the flowers inside. She placed them on the table and said, "Yeah, you feel abandoned and alone. You end up feeling all of these emotions and you want to bottle them inside because you feel like the world doesn't care or understand."

She looked out at the rain for a moment and she then looked at Vincent once again. "But you know," the young woman continued, raising her head, "things happen and all we can do is keep moving on until it's our time. The love we felt for them, if it was there, is still present, but we can always grow more love for others as well and give ourselves the happiness that we truly deserve."

Vincent looked down once more and reflected on Miyo's words. "Am I really worth deserving happiness?" the Turk asked himself, he blinked slowly. The man shook his head and gazed up at the young woman.

"I have no emotions or love within me," he told her demonstrating his emotionless face. "I've tried to conjure enough happiness within me, but something or someone always deprives me of it, and the wonderful feeling vanishes. So, how can I move on when there is nothing else for me to love or to hold dear?"

"I was once happy," he said, moving on, with a dry tone. Lucrecia's face appeared in his head, and he remembered what his life was like all those years ago. "But just as quickly as it happened, it vanished right before my eyes. And now, because of the Jenova cells inside of me, my emotions have been greatly suppressed and I've become an animal. Now, I'm forced to live a life that I don't want."

Miyo grinned in response, showing one of her brightest smiles. Although she was rather tired, she didn't show it; she was glad to have someone to talk to. "No love? No emotions?" she thought, raising one of her eyebrows.

"Everyone feels something, even though it doesn't seem like it," the young woman replied to him. "Earlier today, you had to feel at least something when you got here. You wanted to be alone, even when we invited you inside and it started raining. I also see you deep in thought from time to time. I know it's confusing, but like I said, everyone deserves even a little happiness, even you. You don't need anything to move on. You can make your own decisions and do what you want. If fighting makes you happy, do it. If you found someone that makes you feel happy, stay around. I don't know what makes you happy, but you have the power to find it for yourself. "

Vincent nodded and walked towards the front door to watch the rain continue to pour down. "I must be still searching then," he said solemnly, crossing his arms. He looked over to Miyo, and he leaned against the wall. "It's strange how I can speak to you in such a manner. I haven't had a good conversation with anyone for a long time. I feel... much lighter."

"That's because you're saying how you feel instead of keeping it inside," Miyo said, giving a warm smile. "Although I don't have anyone to talk to, the flowers in the garden listen." She looked over at the bouquet of flowers and nodded. "I'm sure that you'll find your happiness, Vincent. You have a good heart even though you don't show it."

Vincent nodded and stared into the bouquet. He thought for a moment and then spoke once more. "Why are you doing this?" he asked as he looked up at Miyo's smile. "I'm a complete stranger, and you've welcomed me and Kikyo into your house. I've only met you today, but by the way we speak to each other, it seems we've known each other for a long time. So, why are being so kind to me?"

"Well, there must some good in you to protect my little sister" she responded, looking into his eyes. "My parents, before they died, were kind and peaceful people. They taught me to be kind as well. No one around here is my age, and for a majority of the time, I'm taking care of Kohana or working in the garden." Miyo sighed as she gazed into the fire. The rain had slowed down as the night sky started to appear.

Vincent nodded and looked up at the starry sky. "I guess there is," he said with a blank face as he crossed his arms. "Then, I assume it was enjoyable to talk to someone besides your sister and the flowers. Tell me, Miyo, how old are you?"

"Twenty-four." she replied with a hint of hesitation. "My parents died when I was fifteen, and Kohana is nine now. Everyone else is either older or younger here. Why do you ask?"

"No reason, I was just curious," he quickly snapped. Vincent brushed away the hair that was in front of his eye and he spoke once more. "I was about your age then when I joined the Turks. Time really flies."

"You're curious... about my age?" Miyo replied, raising her eyebrow. She let out a weary yawn, but she was still interested to know about Vincent's world. "To me, you look just a little older than I am. You all must age slowly in your world."

Letting out a sigh, the hostess looked down the dark hallway in which Kikyo and Kohana had gone to rest. Smiling, she gazed at Vincent. "I wish I could stay up any longer, but the festival is tomorrow and I'll be pre-cooking food and setting up. If you need a bed to rest, there's a room over there." the young woman uttered, pointing to the room down the hall. "I'll be in the next one over, to the right. If you need anything, feel free to get it."

The young woman walked over to the fire place and lit a lantern before putting the large fire out. She walked up to Vincent and gave him the lantern, her smile never left her place. "Here you go," she whispered, looking to his face once again. The young woman broadened her smile as she watched the light's reflection in the Turk's passionate, red eyes. "I'm really happy to have met Kikyo and a great person like you, Vincent Perhaps you would care to stay for a while more? There's more to this world than meets the eye."

Walking into the dark hall, Miyo gave the man a reassuring nod before proceeding into the darkness. Her smile seemed to have enchanted him.

He sat down in a chair and let out a sigh as her face and words of reassuring comfort bloomed in his mind over and over. The Turk raised his head once to gaze into the corridor in which the woman had retired to, and after he lowered his head, he set the lantern upon the floor beside him. Although he had arrived not too long ago, the mysterious world known as "Riyona" began to leave a growing impression on Vincent Valentine.

End of Chapter 4

Last edited:

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
OMG, I'm SO sorry about this being so late. Hopefully some of your are still interested in the story. Here's chapter 5.
-------------
Chapter 5, Intruders

Outside, the sound of footsteps grew louder and became more rapid as three companions ran for their lives from mysterious purple and white robed figures that had pursued them for the past three days. "All of this over a little debt?!" a very tall man exclaimed.

"Look, over there! A house!!" a rather short woman said as she pointed to Miyo's home, "Let's go!"

"I'll hold them off! I’ll see if I can get them to flee. You guys go!" the final female of the group urged, she wore a headband with a feather stuck in it. She stopped in her tracks and turned to face their pursuers. As one of the hooded men charged at her, she redirected his spear to hit him in the head, knocking him on his back. She wiped her forehead of sweat and looked around. "Where'd the other one go?" she mumbled.

The smaller woman, who was accompanied by the large man, who were continuing towards the house, turned back to see the other hooded figure was quickly on their tale. "Oh no!" she exclaimed, before the figure caught up to her and stabbed her in the arm with a syringe, injecting her with a green liquid. She sighed and then collapsed.

"No!!! Mini!!!" the large man yelled, before punching the hooded figure right in the head, knocking him out. "Eana, hurry!"

As the woman wearing the headband rushed over to where the other two were, she gasped at the site of Mini on the ground. "We have to get inside, Gil, before they have a chance to send more goons!! We have to break in!!"

"No, we can't! What if someone sees us?!" Gil grimly questioned, holding Mini in his arms.

"We don't have time," Eana explained, "If Mini is to survive, I need to work on her!"

The man frowned before nodding and moving out of the way with Mini in his arms. Eana entered a battle stance of some sort, before releasing a burst of luminous energy to blast a hole in the wall of the house.

They quickly rushed Mini inside and put her on the floor. Eana proceeded to get out a strange medical kit from her bag while Gil held Mini's head. "You're going to be fine Mini,” she assured her small friend. “Just hold on."

After hearing a crash, Kikyo, Kohana, and Miyo instantly woke up and headed to the living room area. Miyo, being the closest to the area, gasped as she saw everything and rushed Kohana back to bed before she caught a sight of the scene. Kikyo looked at Gil and the other two before shooting a glance at Vincent. She held up her bow and arrow and she stood ready to attack the seven foot beast of a man.

"Wait a minute!" Miyo quickly shouted to Kikyo, reemerging from Kohana’s room before trying to get a better look at what was going on. The woman's eyes grew wide as she saw that two of them were trying to save the smallest, unconscious one. Vincent pulled Cerberus from his side and quickly loaded his weapon with bullets. He sharply aimed the gun at the intruders in case they became violent. The man leered at them with his red eyes and did not utter a word.

Miyo quickly went to her room and grabbed a small bowl filled with what looked like a paste. She came back and saw a gun in Vincent's hand in which was ready to fire. "Alright now, don't overreact," the woman told the priestess and the Turk. "They don't even seem to be concerned with us."

The man looked upon at the intruders and reluctantly lowered Cerberus. "Fine," Vincent snapped as he continued to eye their every movement. "But the minute they become rampant, I won't hold back. I'll kill them if I have to."

"I won't hold back either," Kikyo replied, she looked to the woman beside her. "Are these people from your village, Miyo?"

"I'm not sure," the woman whispered in a soft voice. She took a single step to approach the fallen girl. "If they do try anything, then do what you must." She placed the bowl in front of them trying not to so any emotion. Miyo took in a big swallow as she said to them, "Here, this paste might help her." Without another word, she slowly backed away from them.

Eana looked at the bowl and quickly turned away. Grunting, she then continued to try to save Mini.

"Can you hand me the lantern by you?" Miyo continued in a whisper after looking at Vincent. She motioned to the lantern by his feet.

The man nodded and handed the lantern to the woman without lifting his eyes off of the three humanoid creatures. There was a certain aura about them that made even Vincent feel uncomfortable. He glanced over at Kikyo with her bow in her hand, and like him, she was also ready to attack.

He turned to Miyo and placed Cerberus on his shoulder. "Just stay behind us," he told her. "We'll make sure that you won't be harmed."

Kohana’s older sister nodded as she used the fire in the lantern to light the fireplace and she then made her way behind Vincent and Kikyo. She looked at him and felt a warm feeling from the Turk. She asked him, "Do you know who they are?"

The man shook his head. "I've never encountered these people before," he told her. Vincent gave a quick look over to the priestess once more and then fixed his eyes upon the intruders once more. "Do you know who there are, Kikyo?"

"I’ve never encounter such beings," Kikyo replied.

Miyo looked over and saw that the people of the village started to gather outside. She rushed outdoors and noticed that some of the village people were frightened to death. Some of the bolder men held weapons in their hands, and they were ready to kill.

"Wait!" she told them looking back. The woman took in a deep breath as she stared at the notorious hole in her home. "Go back to bed! Everything is taken care of and this doesn't concern you any of you," she yelled to them. "The festival is what you all should worry about. Riyona will be expecting it!"

In a few moments, the rampant crowd managed to settle down, and they soon went back to their own homes. Miyo returned indoors and she then dared to ask Vincent, "What are they doing to that girl?"

Vincent took a step toward the beings and observed them for a moment. "They're healing her," he said after a moment as he looked over to the two women, "with some sort of medical equipment. I've been around scientific equipment all of my life, and I've never seen such a procedure."

He turned back to the intruders and raised a brow. "Then again, they probably aren't from my world."

"I'll go and check on Kohana." Miyo said rushing to her sister. "Hopefully, they'll just leave after they finish saving that girl."

Gil hastily interrupted Eana's efforts, by saying, "Is it working yet?!"

Eana moaned and whispered, "No, none of it is working. I think this equipment is defective."

"What?!" Gil exclaimed, "All the work of obtaining it and it doesn't even work?! Come on, Mini, come on."

Vincent watched as Miyo went to Kohana's room and he looked over to Kikyo. "They're not going to save her," he said without any emotion. "They're not using the proper procedure. She’ll die without the proper medication."

"I barely know what's going on," Kikyo replied. "We don't have any of this in my world. Do you have the ability to save her yourself?"

Vincent was fell silent and thought of an idea. "The Jenova cells in my body could help her," he replied. "If I can channel them into a physical energy, I could give her some power to sustain from."

The man slowly removed his right glove and revealed a scar ridden hand from Hojo's extreme experimentation. He closed his eyes and his faced his palm toward the ceiling. "Just give me a moment," he said attempting to channel Jenova energy into his hand.

Kikyo watched Vincent as she sensed a tremendous energy coming from the Turk. "I've never felt this much intense power from one person," she thought, "My power can't reach his level."

"Kohana is alright, she's still sleeping," Miyo said walking back into the room. She looked at Kikyo, who was looking at Vincent. The woman turned to the Turk and saw that he was about to do something with his right hand. "What is he doing?" she asked the priestess in a whisper.

Kikyo lowered her bow and arrow saying, "He's creating some sort of energy and he might be able to save the girl over there."

The man continued to concentrate and after another minute, Vincent's palm began to glow with a blue aura that resembled fire. He slowly walked over to the girl trying not to break his hold on the energy. The Turk knelt down and placed his hand on her stomach. With a deep breath, he opened the flow of energy into the girl.

"Hey, what is he doing to her?!" Gil asked with both fear and concern.

"I think..." Eana announced, "...he's saving her!"

Vincent's entire arm burned with the blue Jenova energy, and he felt the power drain from his finger tips and into the girl's body. As the energy flowed throughout her body, she began to breathe again at a steady and calm rate, and she began to mend on the cells. The man stood up and released the intense energy from his grip. He took several breaths due to exhaustion and turned to the two women bearing a nod.

Miyo and Kikyo were almost shocked to see so much power he had in him. Miyo rushed over to Vincent and told him, "You need some rest. You don't look too good."

Kikyo looked down and saw a mat near her, grabbed it, and when over to Vincent's side to place it under him. Miyo looked over and saw that the girl was doing ok and told the others, "There's an extra room over there." She pointed to the room where she slept.

Gil picked Mini and carried her into the room with tears in his eyes. Eana was still in a slight state of shock, but managed to say, "Thank...you, sir, for saving my friend." Vincent and Miyo looked to Eana, and Vincent said, "Yeah...well..." Eana smiled and nodded, then headed into the room where Gil and Mini were.

Miyo looked back to Vincent and said, "We need to get you to a bed too."

"I'll be fine," he insisted rubbing the side of his face. "I've been in worse situations than this." Vincent slipped on his glove once more and displayed his calm, emotionless face.

"Well you need a little rest. Take a seat; I'll warm some tea up for everyone," Miyo said with concern on her face. She looked at the hole in the wall and sighed. "It's going to take a while to repair that. I don't understand how they even made such a hole. But I'm glad they didn't crash through the side we were sleeping at." she whispered to herself. She went about making some tea from what was left.

Kikyo noticed how tense the hostess seemed and said, "It's alright, Miyo, we'll help out. Tomorrow things should get better. Isn't that right Vincent?"

Vincent nodded and took a seat. "I'll start to fix the wall when the sun rises," he said trying to offer an act of kindness for the person who had welcomed him into her own home. "It should be a manageable job."

"Well, I've always wanted another window in the house!" Miyo said sarcastically. She laughed a little while preparing the tea and gave some to everyone in the room. The woman then place three more and gave some to the strangers in her room. Rubbing the side of her head to ease her migraine, there was no doubt in her mind that this was to be one hell of a long day.

End of Chapter
-------------
Ok, I know the chapter is extremely long, but I had a bad time trying to find a place to split it. Also, I didn't have time to completely proof read it, so there might be a few grammar errors. I'll try to correct what I can. Anyway, I hope you guys continued reading and comment! ^__^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back