• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

HJO and Jesse McCartney as well as David Callagher (Riku) are probably prime candidates to have already started since I'd think they would have the most lines to do.

Jesse and HJO both have roles for two characters (Roxas & Ventus, Sora & Vanitas) and due to his prominence in this title as Riku Callagher is also bound to have bigger recordings to make.

Still, since they're main character voices I would bet they're also contracted to not reveal anything yet.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

As obvious as it is he's reprising his role as Sora, anyone tried contacting HJO yet? I wonder if he's done recording or not :eek:

Contacting him is sorta impossible.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

He's very reclusive. Unless you know him personaly,he has no cotact info.

KOIKOIBA

I doubt Jesse McCartney will have that much to say in this game. Kouki Uchiyama, the japanese VA of Roxas/Ventus is also voicing Neku. It would be weird, if he would have that much to voice. I don't say that Roxas or Ventus will not appear (obviously yes, from the trailer), but I don't think that they have more lines than most of the other characters.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I doubt Jesse McCartney will have that much to say in this game. Kouki Uchiyama, the japanese VA of Roxas/Ventus is also voicing Neku. It would be weird, if he would have that much to voice. I don't say that Roxas or Ventus will not appear (obviously yes, from the trailer), but I don't think that they have more lines than most of the other characters.

It's not a matter of which character has more lines; it's that Jesse McCartney has typically been the first VA confirmed because he just blabs it out somewhere.

sub6snoopy

I have tweeted Jesse and messaged him on fb and I have yet to hear from him. Not very many actors have a social networking account.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

He'll most likely at least have more lines than Ienzo or Neku, who's only a cameo character.
It's obvious that Sora, Riku, Mickey and probably Xehanort will have the most lines, but the amount isn't even that important.
Having to voice two roles is I would say though, as the actor has to immerse him/herself into two scripts instead of one, like Richard Epcar has with Ansem SoD and Xehanort.

It's not a matter of which character has more lines; it's that Jesse McCartney has typically been the first VA confirmed because he just blabs it out somewhere.

Maybe it's exactly because he was the blabbermouth so often already they muzzled him big time in this contract and that's the reason we haven't heard anything yet. lol.

I have tweeted Jesse and messaged him on fb and I have yet to hear from him. Not very many actors have a social networking account.

Heh, good work.
I wonder if we will get anything out of this.
I know HJO is extremely hard to get a hold of, but what's with Riku's VA? Anyone a clue about him?

sub6snoopy

I tried to search for david on twitter but there are a lot of david gallaghers(Most likely spelt that wrong). and IDK how else to get a hold of him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I tried to search for david on twitter but there are a lot of david gallaghers(Most likely spelt that wrong). and IDK how else to get a hold of him.

You won't find him. Like it was already said, these actors are rather reclusive. If they do have some kind of social network account, it is probably private.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

So, i was watching the special trailer and recognized two voices.

Frollo: Takeshi Karoda

Kevin Flynn: Kazuhiko Inoue.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

This might be very old news but I was browsing IMBD when suddenly

Jim Cummings: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Video Game) (announced)
Pete (voice: English version) / Frollo (voice: English version)

Might not be official, but I'm not disappointed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Somebody on dA said they talked to Jim Cummings and he said he was going to be Frollo. Beyond the knowledge that they talked him, there isn't any concrete proof to back it.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

So, i was watching the special trailer and recognized two voices.

Frollo: Takeshi Karoda

Kevin Flynn: Kazuhiko Inoue.

Also I identified Mahito Ohba as CLU 2

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Strange, why would CLU and Kevin have different VAs?

The same thing Happend in KH2. Sark was voiced by Tetsuo Kaneo while the MCP was voice Ikuya Sawaki. In the movie and English version the had the same Actor.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

thats definatly hirakawa.

■Sam Flynn: Daisuke Hirakawa
■Kevin Flynn, CLU: Tsutomu Isobe (I was wrong)
■Quorra: Yuka Komatsu

Last edited:

DiveHearts

Awards

Just saw this posted Richard Epcar's facebook wall!!!!!

richardepcar.jpg

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Maybe someone should message Quinton and mention that Epcar said everyone is all done?

Back