• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Either way, I find that I like Aqua's English VA more than her Japanese one. I'm probably the only one who thinks that though.

I'm on the fence. So far I'm not impressed with Willa, but as I said, I haven't played the English game yet and I'll reserve final judgment.

Terra's English voice I like so far. And some of his lines make me sad. But IMO, his Japanese VA suits him a little more.

Allister Rose

French Lover

i tihnk it's cuz we're use to the japanese version. oh well....everyone in kh always sound depressed though, even when they're not suppose to. i was hoping aqua would be different in eng, but no....

we got some gameplay VA, and 3 additional scenes. i'm not liking the scenes. i'm just making theories or assumptions of what her VAing will progress. but still it's not so farfetched since we did get some scenes.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

i tihnk it's cuz we're use to the japanese version. oh well....everyone in kh always sound depressed though, even when they're not suppose to. i was hoping aqua would be different in eng, but no....

we got some gameplay VA, and 3 additional scenes. i'm not liking the scenes. i'm just making theories or assumptions of what her VAing will progress. but still it's not so farfetched since we did get some scenes.

The editing in the trailers wasn't exactly the best in the world, though. :/

Allister Rose

French Lover

The editing in the trailers wasn't exactly the best in the world, though. :/
true, though i wasn't really focusing on that. oh well....i'm hoping she re dubs it.

i think what makes my judgement a lil harsher than usual is that i've seen her films and she doesn't sound like that

Flurry

So sorry if this has alredy been answered but dose anyone know whos voicing terra?

Allister Rose

French Lover

No you aren't. I also think the same and so does Aqua (the user Aqua not the character).
that's " aqua."

we're free to think so, but to me, i was hoping ENG Aqua wouldn't sound so typical.....she sounds like any other kh cast. you know, they always sound a little depressed when they speak

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

true, though i wasn't really focusing on that. oh well....i'm hoping she re dubs it.

i think what makes my judgement a lil harsher than usual is that i've seen her films and she doesn't sound like that

People tend to sound different when they voice act and when they're acting in shows or films. Actors in films and TV shows have their face as well as their voice to portray their emotions; voice actors don't have that luxury. All they have is their voice, and they also have to change their voice depending on what the director wants for the character. Voice acting directors, though (at least Squeenix's), are infamous for not giving the performers that much to work with (remember Epcar?).

So sorry if this has alredy been answered but dose anyone know whos voicing terra?
No. Any actors you see listed here are all speculation. Right now we're debating whether it's David Kaye or David Boreanaz.

we're free to think so, but to me, i was hoping ENG Aqua wouldn't sound so typical.....she sounds like any other kh cast. you know, they always sound a little depressed when they speak

Axel doesn't. Or Sora, or Kairi.

The ones that end up sounding depressed, I think, are the ones who are the "darker" characters.

Wheels

Yeah probably, and I haven't exposed myself all too much to the japanese voices, which is probably why I didn't like hers then. IMO, the only time that it was reallllyy bad, was her opening speech. It still had that quality to me in Japanese though. Guess it's just such a cheesy thing, that it's hard to conjure up exactly how she would sound there, because a situation like that would almost never happen. At least, definitely not where I live, and between teenagers

BTW, Nice KHR avatar =D Love that manga xD

Allister Rose

French Lover

i judge aqua a little harsher bcause willa holand doesn't sound liek that in real life and you can tell she's holding back. i do like her when there are scene when there isn't much need for emotion, but the ones where she tries, sound horrid.

that and i was hoping aqua eng VA would be different from most of kh cast, but no. she sounds like any other kh va. the exception i think are sora (kh1), axel and roxas.

Flurry

Yeah probably, and I haven't exposed myself all too much to the japanese voices, which is probably why I didn't like hers then. IMO, the only time that it was reallllyy bad, was her opening speech. It still had that quality to me in Japanese though. Guess it's just such a cheesy thing, that it's hard to conjure up exactly how she would sound there, because a situation like that would almost never happen. At least, definitely not where I live, and between teenagers
Yeah i thought i was the only one who thought that it could have been better. I was so disapointed when i saw it.

Last edited:

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

i judge aqua a little harsher bcause willa holand doesn't sound liek that in real life and you can tell she's holding back. i do like her when there are scene when there isn't much need for emotion, but the ones where she tries, sound horrid.

that and i was hoping aqua eng VA would be different from most of kh cast, but no. she sounds like any other kh va. the exception i think are sora (kh1), axel and roxas.

Roxas sounds depressed. Then again, the guy has a reason to be. :|

And I say cut Willa a break - this is her first time VAing, to the best of my knowledge, and as I said, the directors really don't tell you shit when you go into the studio to record.

Flurry

Wait so who did terra's voice in the trailer? Is there all ready a actor and we just dont know who or have they not decided?

Allister Rose

French Lover

And I say cut Willa a break - this is her first time VAing, to the best of my knowledge, and as I said, the directors really don't tell you shit when you go into the studio to record.

but he sounds depressed when he needs to be. when he's happy you can tell. but the other cast they sound depressed 24/7

Wheels

Yeah, I do believe it is her first time, and voice acting is a lot different to normal acting, and loads harder. Add that to no one telling anyone anything in the fear of it being leaked, you have a tricky situation. I agree with Roxas sounding depressed, but everyone else, not so much

Wait so who did terra's voice in the trailer? Is there all ready a actor and we just dont know who or have they not decided?
We don't know who the actor is

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

but he sounds depressed when he needs to be. when he's happy you can tell. but the other cast they sound depressed 24/7

KH is a bit of a depressing game though, I wouldn't blame them. LOL Well, wait, not everyone in the Organization sounds depressed either, not counting Axel...

And what about Ansem SoD? He doesn't sound depressed; he's just got that dark tone of voice. Xemnas...well, that's debatable. He's got this dark, deep voice too, but he tends to be a drama king...

Allister Rose

French Lover

KH is a bit of a depressing game though, I wouldn't blame them. LOL Well, wait, not everyone in the Organization sounds depressed either, not counting Axel...

they sound fake, which is their intention.

still other than organizatoin, the heroes, everyone sounds depressed. and if the game is depressing than it's only because of the VA's made it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back