• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Well to be honest I never expected the English voice for Terra to sound anything like the Japanese one to begin with. The Japanese one is TOO deep and makes him sound more like he's in his mid 30s than someone who's supposedly 19 or 20 imo.

Well isn't Xemnas somewhere in his 30's...?
Nomura said Xemnas was somewhere in his 30's.
So Terra's not that far away from being 30, since its his body that makes up Xemnas

But ya, I don't think Terra's voice may sound as deep as the Japanese VA.

And ya, I'm srre, I read in multiple places that it was actually Hamill that voiced Luke in Ultimate Sith Edition...but I read back over and ya.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

So Terra's not that far away from being 30, since its his body that makes up Xemnas

And ya, I'm srre, I read in multiple places that it was actually Hamill that voiced Luke in Ultimate Sith Edition...but I read back over and ya.

Terra is supposed to be in his early to mid twenties, Xemnas is supposed to be in his 30s. Somewhere I read he was 32 or 33.

Mark Hamill's voice isn't really all that deep, so I think it's perfect for Terra.

raycat27_2003

Awards

I honestly think that Hamill's voicing Erauqs. When he voiced Fire Lord Ozai, it was perfect.

Awards

Well to be honest I never expected the English voice for Terra to sound anything like the Japanese one to begin with. The Japanese one is TOO deep and makes him sound more like he's in his mid 30s than someone who's supposedly 19 or 20 imo.

I'm not saying it has to sound like the Japanese VA but, c'mon, it should at least be a deep voice.
I don't see how deep equates to being too old.

I'm basing this not on the Japanese VA but purely on Terra's physique. Dude is jacked. Hearing Luke Skywalker's voice come out of him would be awkward. Hamill would have to change his voice drastically to fit Terra and, as I've already said, I haven't heard him in one role where he sounds close to what I imagine Terra to sound like. That's because he generally voices characters with a higher pitch.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Terra is around 19-20, that's already known. Plus you must know that Xemnas is a mix between Xehanort and Terra in appearance AND voice.

Grass said:
I'm not saying it has to sound like the Japanese VA but, c'mon, it should at least be a deep voice.
I don't see how deep equates to being too old.

I'm basing this not on the Japanese VA but purely on Terra's physique. Dude is jacked. Hearing Luke Skywalker's voice come out of him would be awkward. Hamill would have to change his voice drastically to fit Terra and, as I've already said, I haven't heard him in one role where he sounds close to what I imagine Terra to sound like. That's because he generally voices characters with a higher pitch.

I don't imagine Terra having a deep voice in English to be honest. Everytime I think of Terra having a deep voice I keep thinking of Richard Epcar or Christopher Lee doing it... which would NOT fit at all. To be honest, I actually played a voice clip of Anakin Skywalker to synch up with Terra and it sounded fitting (Yes Luke is a different character however he carries a similar voice) Plus, his Luke Skywalker or Joker voice isn't his natural voice. Even if he just wanted to sound like his natural voice, I think it would fit. And again, when I heard Terra's Japanese voice, it made him sound too old when he's only supposed to be 19 or 20. Do you really know any 19-20 year olds who have a deep voice like that?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well we know what Terra sounds like now...Just that we don't know who he is. >_> -goes to watch anything with Christian Bale in it to see if it is him- Which is kinda still weird. Imagine the credits.

Terra - Christian Bale
Aqua - Willa Holland
Ventus - Jesse McCartney

Master Xehanort - Leonard Nimoy
Vanitas - !!!!! !!!! !!!!!!

Master Eraqus - Mark Hamill

This is like a WTF Big Name list!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Well we know what Terra sounds like now...Just that we don't know who he is. >_> -goes to watch anything with Christian Bale in it to see if it is him- Which is kinda still weird. Imagine the credits.

Terra - Christian Bale
Aqua - Willa Holland
Ventus - Jesse McCartney

Master Xehanort - Leonard Nimoy
Vanitas - !!!!! !!!! !!!!!!

Master Eraqus - Mark Hamill

This is like a WTF Big Name list!

I'm still thinking Mark Hamill. Mainly because when Terra says "Take that!" it sounds a little like an older Luke.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm still thinking Mark Hamill. Mainly because when Terra says "Take that!" it sounds a little like an older Luke.

What was what I was thinking. I hope it is because then it can show all the nonbelievers they were wrong again. Though if it isn't then I'm fine with it being Bale or anybody.

DarMar106

Are people seriously believing Christian Bale being in this? Seems like TOO big a name for a video game, idk. But still I'm sure what with the new site and the upcmoing E3 trailer more will be revealed

Ryune

With the recently released gameplay footage, I find myself unable to determine from the few "hah! hup! hyaaaah!"s in there whether its Bale or Hamill. Terra, quite frankly, sounds like both. I'm using clips from Howl's Moving Castle as comparison for Bale, and Star Wars as comparison for Hamill, and...

they sound really, really similar, guys. I'm leaning ever so slightly towards Terra being Christian Bale, based only on the fact that his scream sounds marginally more like Terra than Hamill's does. I am probably wrong, but we'll see.

and DarMar, Bale ISN'T too big of a name for this. Remember, Disney is paying the bills for KH. If they can get Leonard Nimoy, they can get Christian Bale. He's done voicework for them before (Howl's Moving Castle was distributed by the Big D, after all). So it actually is a likelihood.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Are people seriously believing Christian Bale being in this? Seems like TOO big a name for a video game, idk. But still I'm sure what with the new site and the upcmoing E3 trailer more will be revealed

No, I don't believe it one bit. It isn't impossible though. He has the Disney Connection through Howl's Moving Castle and Pocahontas.

We are more set on the idea it is Hamill. I was just saying think if it was Bale. The credits would be mad-littered with famous names.(Like it used to be in KH1.)

With the recently released gameplay footage, I find myself unable to determine from the few "hah! hup! hyaaaah!"s in there whether its Bale or Hamill. Terra, quite frankly, sounds like both. I'm using clips from Howl's Moving Castle as comparison for Bale, and Star Wars as comparison for Hamill, and...

they sound really, really similar, guys. I'm leaning ever so slightly towards Terra being Christian Bale, based only on the fact that his scream sounds marginally more like Terra than Hamill's does. I am probably wrong, but we'll see.

and DarMar, Bale ISN'T too big of a name for this. Remember, Disney is paying the bills for KH. If they can get Leonard Nimoy, they can get Christian Bale. He's done voicework for them before (Howl's Moving Castle was distributed by the Big D, after all). So it actually is a likelihood.

The screams sound like Bale but the "Take That!" sounds like Hamill. It's hard to tell where there isn't a good present day example to go by for Hamill and hard because Bale's voice isn't distinctive save that weird lisp thing he has.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

bale would have been anounced in the press release

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No he wouldn't. Then they would have announced other character as well...like Vanitas' VA. And can't say they are saving it for the game because SE:NA doesn't care about things like that. They will announce whoever they want to if it spoils the game or not.

ispoiledmyself

ooooohhh, bale fans, rokudamia 2 got you there... haha

anyways stupid question i know, but does anyone here think James Woods may actually have two voice acting roles? One as Hades and possibly Eraqus? I think so, based on the order the names were announced on the press realease. what do you guys think?

Ryune

The screams sound like Bale but the "Take That!" sounds like Hamill. It's hard to tell where there isn't a good present day example to go by for Hamill and hard because Bale's voice isn't distinctive save that weird lisp thing he has.

Or the deep growl-y "I'M BATMAN"

... although...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

sonickenshin

Awards

Terra probably is Mark Hamill, but he kind of sounds like David Vincent.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

ooooohhh, bale fans, rokudamia 2 got you there... haha

anyways stupid question i know, but does anyone here think James Woods may actually have two voice acting roles? One as Hades and possibly Eraqus? I think so, based on the order the names were announced on the press realease. what do you guys think?

There aren't many Bale-is-going-to-be-Terra fans here. I mean, I'm a fan of Bale's but I'm a bigger Hamill fan. And I support that Hamill is going to be Terra.

I don't think so. Before I believed Woods would be Eraqus but now I'm not so convinced. I really think he was in the press release because he said he might not come back then he did and he is a big name.

Or the deep growl-y "I'M BATMAN"

... although...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I agree with everything you said. I said it before but I would be laughing the whole time if Bale is Terra, just because I won't stop thinking about Batman and his gutteral voice and LittleKuriboh when he mentions "Chris-Tian Bale"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back