• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Last Nobody - A Tale of Hopeless Love and Being

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
This is my first fan fic on this forum, although I have written fics on other forums. Well here it is.

The Last Nobody

Prologue:

Sometimes I ask myself why I can’t feel the things my friends feel. I don’t know how to laugh. I don’t know how to smile. No matter what I do, emotions are nonexistent.

But deep down, I know the truth. It occurred to me when I first came into being.

I don’t exist.

It feels like there’s something missing. Something that should be there, but isn’t. From the day I came to, all I wanted was a heart.

------------

I sit on the cliff that overlooks the sea. The salty ocean air caresses my face. There’s an island there, separate from the mainland. A bunch of teenagers hang out there; Sora, Riku and Kairi. I’ll bet they have hearts. I wonder what it feels like…

My friends tell me, “There’s no one else like you, Vix.” Maybe they’re right. Maybe I’m the only one without a heart.

No one can feel what I feel. Nobody knows what its like to be alone, to not even exist.

So now what do I do?

I’d soon find out. I decided to have a talk with Sora.

-----

I’d make it longer but I have to leave soon. Better, longer chapters are to come, I promise.:thumbsup:

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Ch. 1 is up already. That was fast.
----

Chapter 1: Truths Hurt

I had rowed a boat to the islands in the morning. I found Sora sitting on a strange, curved tree, looking out at the far-off horizon.

“Sora?”

He turned. “Who’re you?”

“I-I’m Vix. I need to talk to you.”

“What about?”

“There’s something wrong with me. For some reason, I feel like you would know. I can’t feel anything. I feel…empty.”

Sora stared at me for a while. Then turned towards an old wooden shack behind him and shouted, “Riku!”

Riku came out of there. His silver hair gleamed in the late morning sun.

“What is it?”

They talked silently. Sora pointed at Vix. Riku looked surprised. Vix couldn’t really hear what they were saying but he caught some phrases.

“…thought they were all gone…another one…weird…”

Finally, Sora turned back to Vix. He had an expression of sorrow.

“I never thought I would ever meet another Nobody.”

Nobody. The word struck as no surprise to me. It defined me. Its what I was.

Vix sighed. “I guess that’s it. I really don’t have a heart do I? Thanks for telling me, Sora. Now I know what I want to do.”

I got in the boat and rowed back to the mainland, with Sora and Riku watching me. I had my back turned to them. They couldn’t help me anymore.

When I arrived at the mainland, I left the boat and headed for my house. There I entered my room and sat down at my desk. I took out a sketch book and began to draw. I don’t know why I like to draw. It’s my only hobby. I had drawings of people, far-off places I’ve never been to, and dreams I had no clue were about.

One of my drawings is one that puzzles me still. It was a dream I had a few weeks ago. Thirteen people dressed in black coats, their faces concealed by a hood. Somehow I knew they were significant. Because now, the dreams grow more frequent.

There was one where a man in a black coat asked me if I wanted to know. I nodded. Then he explained everything. I looked at the ground blankly all through the conversation.

The sun began to set. The scene outside was serene, but I didn’t belong here. I don’t exist, so how could I belong? I got into my bed and slept earlier than usual.

----

There’s this girl that lives down the street.

She hangs out with me and my friends, but doesn’t say much, like me. But at least she can smile. I often find her smiling at me with those soft, blue eyes. I wish I could smile back with sincerity.

Her long, chestnut hair waves in the sea breeze. I noticed that a year ago. Now we’re quiet friends. But it all went downhill six months later.

She approached me at twilight. I was staring at the stars. We talked for a while and suddenly she blurted out her feelings for me.

I didn’t know what to say. What could I say? I didn’t have a heart.

I didn’t mean to break her feelings on that night. I want to apologize, but no matter how hard I might have tried, I wouldn’t have meant it.

---

That ends ch.1. comment please. again, longer than the prologue, but still pretty short to me. I'll try harder tomorrow.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Wow, this is very interesting so far. I love how greatly you're able to make me feel Vix's loneliness... His emptiness that he feels inside, or doesn't feel. >.> And also, I found the situation with Sora and Riku both amusing, and saddening. I really like it so far. =) I'll be reading more of this tomorrow. xD

Essence of Elegy

Awards
hey guys. I won't be able to update today so expect the the next chap. tomorrow. see ya.

D

Dark Riku06

This is a very good story, You are a very talented writer. And you know, I see a lot of Riku in Vix for some reason. Probably the feeling of such emptiness and loss and search for something more than what he has. But anyhow, Great story, you're a very talented writer...very descriptive. The only thing is...I would have described the night the girl told Vix her feelings...just my humble opinion though. But other than that I look forward to reading the next of many chapters.

-Dark Riku-

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Hey there. Ch. 2 is up and running.

----

Chapter 2: Drowning In the Pool of Confusion.

I didn’t see Aura for a whole month since that night. But I didn’t care. I couldn’t care. I was preoccupied with other things, thinking way too much and doing much too little. I didn’t know which way to turn. I was at the crossroads of my mind.

The dreams grew more frequent. The men in black coats, their cold voices boring into my soul; their hoods concealing something that they held dear, or maybe under that hood was something unimportant. Something best left forgotten.

It wasn’t until tonight that the dreams became interesting.

There was one about a man in a black coat. His hood was off, revealing a scarred face with gleaming yellow eyes. His blue hair ran down to his shoulders. He uttered a single line.

“True, we don’t have hearts. But we remember what it was like. That’s what makes us special.”

That was what woke me up. It was near midnight and the moonlight shone through my window while the curtains moved silently and slowly.

Was that man a Nobody like me? Were all the black coats Nobodies? Whatever they were, it didn’t matter because the man was wrong. I didn’t remember ever having a heart. I guess that’s what makes me not so special.

After a while, I decided to go back to sleep. I closed my eyes and dozed off. That’s when I met Roxas.

There was a flash of white light. I found myself in a typical teenager’s room. It had books scattered all over the floor, a desk with an odd lamp, and a bed. A window looked out onto a peaceful town. I could see a train making its way across the railroad.

“Hey there, Vix.”

Sitting on the bed was a boy. His hair was dirty blonde brown and he had blue eyes. He wore long pants and a checkered shirt. Oddly enough, he looked a lot like Sora.

“Who’re you?” I asked him.

“I’m just a memory. But you can call me Roxas.”

“Okay, but…I’m not so sure why I’m here. Wherever “here” is.”

“You’re in my room at Twilight Town. Again, it’s just a memory, but hey, it’s real enough for me.”

Roxas looked at him, examining him. Then he said, “You’re just like me aren’t you?”

Vix looked blank. “Are you a Nobody too?” Roxas nodded.

“I’m half of Sora. But now I’m part of him. We’re in his heart, inside one of his memories. It’s where I live.”

Vix suddenly had many questions. “Why don’t I have a heart?”

“Because you’re a Nobody.”

“But why am I a Nobody?”

“Because your Somebody lost his heart. Therefore, you were created. Don’t you remember?”

Vix looked down. “I don’t.”

Roxas sighed. “You’re just like Xemnas. He couldn’t remember either. His memories were scattered and clouded.”

“Xemnas?”

“Former leader of Organization XIII. The people in black coats. You know them.”

“I do?”

“Yes. You just don’t remember. All your memories were stored in your heart before you lost it.”

Vix was even more confused. But out of all his questions, one of them stood out among the rest.

“What do I do now?”

“Whatever you want with your life. One day you’ll just fade away, like most Nobodies.”

Vix sighed. There was only thing that could give him hope.

“Is it possible to regain my heart?”

Roxas looked back at him. “That is one question you’ll have to find out yourself. Not all Nobodies have the same fate. I certainly didn’t.”

There was a flash of white light. I was awakened by the light of dawn.

I got up from my bed. I decided the first thing I should do was apologize to Aura. Even though it wouldn’t mean anything to me, I’m sure it would mean something to her.

I walked down to her house. At her door, I hesitated to knock. But I didn’t have to. She opened it before I could. Her soft eyes made contact with mine.

“Look, Aura, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just don’t have the same feelings as you do. I wish I could, but I just don’t. I still want to be your friend. Is that alright?”

Aura looked as if she was thinking. Then she nodded. A tear ran down her cheek. She wiped it away and ran to hug me. We embraced. I wanted to cry, but not for the same reason. I wanted to cry because I couldn’t feel what I wanted to feel. I felt the same way as always.

I felt nothing.

----

There you have it. My longest chapter so far. They may even get longer! I reread it, but if you find any spelling errors or anything else, please let me know.

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Very interesting indeed, I'll check back up whenever the new chapter is released.

D

Dark Riku06

This is a truly special story. Very good job...nice detail. Well no spelling errors...(from what I saw). You have talent. I'm very impressed. Yeah, like my impressions matter to you. Good job, Keep up the good work.

Essence of Elegy

Awards
just to let you know, ch. 2 has been edited. I realized Nobodies don't cry so I changed the ending slightly.

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Hey guys. Ch. 3 is here.

----

Chapter 3: Remembrance

Is this who I am? Just this?

I looked in the mirror at myself, looking for clues. I saw a teenager with short, spiky black hair, cloudy green eyes, and typical clothes. What I saw on my face was something that I had never seen on any other person. A look of utter emptiness.

I turned away from the mirror and sat at my desk. Recently, the dreams have stopped. Sleeping is an eerie experience now. I hardly had anything to draw. So I drew the first thing that came to mind. I drew Aura. It came out pretty good too, but I couldn’t capture the deep softness of her eyes.

I went outside to enjoy the warm sun. That’s when I saw something.

A man in a black coat. He vanished as soon as I blinked. I ran to the spot where he had stood, staring at me. There was nothing. I was startled when a hand touched my shoulder.

“Calm down, it’s just me Tidus.”

I turned to see a boy slightly younger than I was. I greeted him and he took out his wooden sword.

“Wanna spar?”

“No thanks. Why don’t you ask Wakka?”

“All he wants to do is play ball.”

I decided I might as well. We took up our weapons. I wasn’t really into it. I lost several times.

“Wow. Usually, I lose. Is there something wrong?”

“No, Tidus. I’m just not into sparring right now.”

“Okay. I’m going to play ball with Wakka.”

I watched Tidus run down the hilly path to the series of houses ahead. I then went to the cliff where I always sat. Once there, I lied down, gazing at the clouds drift lazily across the sky.

What was it that Roxas had said? Something along the lines of, “Do what you want with your life.” Is that what I should do? Just live life with no true purpose? Or should I go along with what I hoped for, regaining a heart?

I was being ridiculous. My heart was probably long gone by now. It was probably impossible to get one. You’d probably have to have sufficient power to do something like that. And I didn’t have any power.

I lay on my stomach and gazed at the beach houses below. The shoreline was empty, the tide gently caressing the sand. That’s when he saw him.

A man in a black coat. He was looking out at the horizon, paying attention to no one. People passed by him as if he wasn’t there. As if he was something best left forgotten.

I ran as fast as I could to the shoreline. But when I arrived, no one was there. Empty again.

Was I hallucinating? Was I going insane? I had to get out of this anti-social, lonely type of thing. Maybe I should try and live life as best I could.

Do you want to know?

That voice. It was sort of familiar. I nodded my head.

You are confused.

“Who are you?” Suddenly the man in the black coat appeared from thin air.

I am the remains of what was left. Part of a memory that was encased in bits and pieces of a heart. Your heart.

“My heart?! What do you mean?”

Soon Vix. Soon you will remember.

The man in the black coat removed his hood. What I saw shocked me to the core of my soul.

I was looking right into my face. The same spiky, black hair. The same empty look. The same cloudy, green eyes.

“Wha-?”

There was a flash or brilliant light, and then I blacked out.

………………………………

I was in a white room, but at the same time I wasn’t there. I could see the people in black coats sitting in their high chairs, but I wasn’t really there. Only my eyes were.

“I brought in those two new, unofficial recruits.”

“Really, Saix? So are we to become Organization XV?”

“No, Xaldin. Xemnas will only accept one of them.”

“How’ll we pick one out?”

“There is to be a contest of strength and potential. The one who is more promising will join us.”

“What of the loser?”

“He or she will be destroyed.”

………………………..

My eyes opened and slowly came into focus. I saw a pleasant face. It was Aura.

“Are you alright, Vix?”

“I think so.”

“What happened, Vix?”

“I think I blacked out.”

Aura was calm and looked peaceful. “I found you lying on the sand.”

“Was there anyone else there?”

She shook her head.

I sighed. So much for finding out more. I rested my head on a pillow. I think I must’ve been in Aura’s house. She never left my side.

After a while, I fell into a deep slumber.

I guess it was because I wanted to know more.

---

I didn't have time to reread it so let me know if there are any mistakes.

EDIT: Oops. Double post. I hadn't checked. Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back