• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

...the keyblade graveyard...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Except for Tomb Raider: Chronicles was a Prequel, yet taking place in the present because they were telling stories. There's something to chew on. And Eidos wanted to stop the numbered entry cause they wanted to break away from the previous games. Of course that didn't happen cause they still sucked.

Melonie

Inner-Demon said:
Except for Tomb Raider: Chronicles was a Prequel, yet taking place in the present because they were telling stories. There's something to chew on. And Eidos wanted to stop the numbered entry cause they wanted to break away from the previous games. Of course that didn't happen cause they still sucked.

I've beaten all the TR games, forgot Chronicles was a prequel. That still isn't relevant enough because the fourth installment, which was not numbered, was not a prequel. Also, Eidos did not want to break away from the other games until just recently with Tomb Raider Legend. So the number has nothing to do with it. The past games weren't ignored until now, and even then, the first one was supposed to still have happened.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah but if you're going to say that Tomb Raider is because of no number, than so is Chronicles. Because that's what the secret ending and the next game basically line up as. It'll probably be a present time story being told. Maybe through the 'Memory Of Xehanort'. As that statement wouldn't really serve a point unless you were seeing events through Xehanort's Memory as it returned in present time.

Melonie

I'm not saying the next Kh game won't be a prequel, I'm just saying that you probably need to put mroe thought into it before making up your mind. You don't have any significant information to come up with that conclusion. Sure, you have something to go by, but it's far from conclusive.

Like I said before, the change from numbers with the Tomb Raider games didn't mean a thing. Same with many other games. If KHIII was a prequel, they could always call it KH 0. We've seen that done before with the RE games.

The main point I'm trying to convey is that you need a lot more information before making up a conclusion. I'm nto saying you are wrong, but what I am saying is that right now we are currently at a speculation stage. Nomura hasn't even started making the next game yet, the ideas are just in his head and he's done some concept art. Nothing is set in stone, and many things are viable to change.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't exactly say NOTHING is set in stone. Nomura has things set in stone if there is ever a new Kingdom Hearts game. He all ready knows what he wants to do. That's the MAIN difference between this secret ending and Another Side, Another Story. He wasn't even sure what that was all going to be about.

But this one he does. And nor can you even relate Tomb Raider to Kingdom Hearts. Both are done ENTIRELY by different companies. Square has a numbered entry on almost ALL of their games. Final Fantasy being probably their top one has every entry numbered.

And for Kingdom Hearts to turn away from a numbered entry, means it must logically be a Prequel.

Melonie

I never compared TR to KH, what I was comparing was the numbers, not the games. Clearly...

I honestly think you are assuming way too early on. You go ahead and do that. Meanwhile, I'll analize and expect anything. Seeing as you are a KH fan, of all people, you should know that the games are never matter-of-fact and literal. I guess that hasn't changed your way of thinking; obviously.

One thing you've neglected to catch in the interview is that Nomura left many, many openings in what he said. The way he answered the questions himself were not all in a literal sense, nor direct. There's a lot of psychological connotations that I'm afraid you've missed.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
No, I caught everything. I just have a running theory. I don't care what type of game Kingdom Hearts is or how many twists it takes, I'm still going to base my theory on what I assume. It I didn't assume it just wouldn't be fun. We may never get the game. So it doesn't matter on either hand really.

cornyperson

Inner-Demon said:
How is that possible? Sora and the others DID NOT exist in the past. This is BEFORE Sora's time. And don't double-post. That's spam. Just edit your entry.

And here's the proof you asked for:

-----------------------------

This is everything Nomura has stated about the Secret Ending of Kingdom Hearts II. These are EXACT.

I would at least say it's an episode in the past

Those three are completely new people who haven't shown up at all. In fact, I've already thought of their names. Back when I was making that movie, I only had their settings but now I've even drawn their faces to give myself a clearer image of them.

The king, Sora and Riku's keyblades were there, too.

It's to show that those three armoured people aren't them but that doesn't mean they don't have connections. The words "Keyblade War" that showed up in the middle were to implicate that there were fights between Keyblades. Most of the puzzles in the first KH have been solved in KHII but there are many things about the Keyblade that haven't been revealed yet. A line from the previous game's Ansem Report #8 appeared in the movie but that is to say "It means this but it's not explained yet."
thank you for that article!! very interesting read... so, it's Sora, Riku, and the King's keyblades. that means that the keyblades were made before those 3 were alive?? i never thought of that. i always get worried when i watch the secret ending because if they are wielding Sora, Riku, & Mickey's keyblades, i always thought that it means they are dead, cause why don't they have the keyblades???

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, those Keyblades have ALWAYS been in existence. They are the Keyblades of Light, Darkness, and In-Between. Their TRUE Masters are probably those three Knights. While Sora, Riku, and Mickey are ONLY Keyblade Heroes. Also confirmed by Nomura.

cornyperson

Inner-Demon said:
Yes, those Keyblades have ALWAYS been in existence. They are the Keyblades of Light, Darkness, and In-Between. Their TRUE Masters are probably those three Knights. While Sora, Riku, and Mickey are ONLY Keyblade Heroes. Also confirmed by Nomura.
hmmm, now i understand why you think it's a prequel, because i had no idea that the keyblades have always been in existence. which keyblade is light, dark, and in-between?? i do hope this isn't a prequel though, but the idea of the story of the past bieng told in the present is intriguing. but then it raises all kinds of questions for me like are we playing the characters from the present or the past?? let's hope this game comes out late 2007 or earlier.

TrancedRiku

unless I'm mistaken, sora's is light, riku's dark, and mickey's is in-between...?

anyway, this is an interesting topic. i'd like to thank inner-demon for clarifying most of this stuff for me. you're info on this and the article has been most helpful. I'm trying to write a fan fic, and do an rp that involves this scene, so any information is extremely helpful. :)

The Jesus

Website
www.myspace.com
i believe it is the aftermath of a great war of Keyblade masters. The Knights? They are clones of Riku! (remember, we never saw what happened to Dark riku in CoM. It could have spawned itself.) I also think the dude in the coat was Zexion.

Please flame me, or whatever you guys do.

Zexilicious

I take a potato chip and EAT IT!
Eating Rosebud Frozen Green Peas. Full of Country
Inner-Demon said:
inner demon nomura said before when they were talking about kh2 he said "kh is Soras Story and no one elses when his story ends the games will end" so Sora has to be a main character

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Not true anymore Zexion. Nomura has changed alot of things. This will RELATE to Sora's story. But there is more to Kingdom Hearts than Sora. It's time we learnt about the TRUE Keyblade Masters.

As for what keyblade is of what world, I'll give you those:

__________________________________________________-

Light- (Sora's Kingdom Key)

Darkness- (Mickey's Inverted Key)

In-Between- (Riku's Way To Dawn)

The Present Keyblade has YET to be revealed. It is my theory that during the Keyblade War the Prsent Keyblade was DESTROYED. Since we don't see it AT ALL during the events of the current three games.

But Nomura has stated the Secret Ending is IN the Past. You can't really get around that at all. Those Knights are all NEW characters. People will just have to accept this ISN'T about Sora anymore.

Justice will prevail.
Kairi owns the present keyblade.....
Zexion is a keyblade owner....

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Kairi DOES NOT have a Keyblade. She was GIVEN a Keyblade by RIKU. That IS NOT OWNING A KEYBLADE. She was NEVER CHOSEN. And there is no PROOF that Ienzo is a Keyblade Master. It's greatly assumed. But not proven.

And Kairi's Keyblade WAS NOT the Keyblade of the Present.

Neverfate

I don't believe in those theories of the Keyblades being "Light", "Dark" and "In-between". I've never heard that presented anywhere in any game or cannon. Keyblades are Keyblades, weapons of Light . . . who really owns them, and who really created them, may be topics at hand for the next Kingdom Hearts game.

Also, Nomura feared that he would constantly have to bring back Sora. He doesn't want to keep bringing him back, and that's why he wanted to limit the games in the series. However, Nomura is now more confident that he can move away from previous characters and still have the games be excepted by the fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back