• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Israel-Lebanon Conflict

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_crisis

This thread is for discussing the current conflict in the Middle East.

Not too long ago, an extremist Muslim Organization residing in Lebanon called Hezbollah declared all out war againts Israel. Hezbollah has since then fired rockets into northern Israel and the Israeli government has responded with a Naval blockade as well as constant bombarding and bombing raids in Lebanon. The fighting is still going on right now and U.S. warships are attempting to evacuate American citizens residing in Lebanon.

It's still unclear whether the U.S. will become involved, but it seems that Iran and Syria are supporting Hezbollah. All hell will probably break loose soon, so lets discuss this matter before both sides blow each other up.

Shadukai X

Banned
Oh, great......what is with all this worthless fighting? I swear, everyday I begin to dislike this world more and more.....

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Shadukai_Xjoura said:
Oh, great......what is with all this worthless fighting? I swear, everyday I begin to dislike this world more and more.....

Theres alot of reasons, many of them being so ancient that they shouldn't even be a reason to go to war over. Rather than just complaning about it though, try adding something to the discussion next time. Like for example . . . whether you support the Israeli bombardment (US, Germany, Japan) or if you call it overeacting (France, me, etc.).

Shadukai X

Banned
Standing corrected, I'm not in support of the whole conflict, and I think blockades aren't going to help solve the problem that much

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Shadukai_Xjoura said:
Standing corrected, I'm not in support of the whole conflict, and I think blockades aren't going to help solve the problem that much

Well, from a strategic point of view, blocking trade routes will hinder the enemie's supply lines, thereby not allowing them to have enough supplies to fight a war.

Shadukai X

Banned
But they still have enough supplies within the country for a decent-length conflict. Blockades are a strategic advantage, yes, but consider the trades and goods that come in and go out, they can't. It can seriously affect that nations economy

T

The Marauder

Well, the funny thing is that before the Israelis engaged in air raids, they flew over the country dropping leaflets telling civilians to take cover. Onto the real topic...

Although some may not understand why this is happening, you should know that this has been a long time in the making. For this purpose, I shall try to give a simple history of this. Looking back through history, you really can't blame the Lebanese for wanting the land. The conflict first began as a result of the zionist movement, in which a "home" for European Jews was being looked for. The British chose to take the area of Transjordan (which had been promised to natives) and designate it as the new Jewish homeland. From the region, the countried of Israel and Jordan later emerged, though Jordan isn't quite as important in this discussion. In any case, the natives felt cheated and obviously wanted their land back. In addition, the country of Israel also contains holy sites in many religions. The latter reason is the most profound and still lives on. In any case, just giving a brief history of why this is going on for those who didn't know or understand. If I made any mistakes in there, please notify me...

In any case, I really hope the US doesn't get involved, although Bush will most-likely shove us into it sooner or later. Take note though everyone, this is not a problem that is simply going to go away. Also keep in mind that Israel has never lost a war...

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
The Marauder said:
Well, the funny thing is that before the Israelis engaged in air raids, they flew over the country dropping leaflets telling civilians to take cover. Onto the real topic...

My problem with the air raids is that the IAF has to target Hezbollah locations in heavily populated areas. It seems to me that there are more civlian casualties on both sides than anything else. The raids are killing more civilians than soldiers and dropping propaganda (Showing the Hezbollah leader depicted as a snake) doesn't make things any better, especially when people are furious after having their homes blown to pieces by air raids. Our biggest fear is that Americans residing in Lebanon will get caught in the crossfire, which has probably already happened.

Americans stuck in Lebanon are pretty much screwed for now . . .

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
The Marauder said:
In any case, I really hope the US doesn't get involved, although Bush will most-likely shove us into it sooner or later. Take note though everyone, this is not a problem that is simply going to go away. Also keep in mind that Israel has never lost a war...

I agree. If Bush got involved, He would make things worse. I'm sure something will work out....without US help.:)

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
The navel blockade will work, but that is if Lebanon doesn't contact arab allies to the south-east and to the north. If that happens, another great irsaeli-arabic conflict will ensue.(excluding egypt, which most likely will help israel)

It's still unclear whether the U.S. will become involved, but it seems that Iran and Syria are supporting Hezbollah. All hell will probably break loose soon, so lets discuss this matter before both sides blow each other up.

Coming from a strikely strategic point of view, I think that if we, the United states, should stay out of the war because we don't have enough troops and resources to cover 1)Afganistan 2)Iraq and Israel. The lines in Afganistan and Iraq are already deterating and any further support to any other location will lead to thins line everywhere.(unless we pull out of another location, which we shouldn't)

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Look at it this way, if Israel decides to attack Syria, then Iran will keep its promise by counterattacking Israel and if Iran gets involved then there is no doubt in my mind that Bush will want to help Israel. Where will we get those troops? Our forces are already stretched out so thin as it is!

Israel already knows that the rockets fired at them were created in Iran, so a conflict stretching into Persia will probably happen soon enough. Ugh . . . how troublesome . . .

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Israel already knows that the rockets fired at them were created in Iran, so a conflict stretching into Persia will probably happen soon enough. Ugh . . . how troublesome . . .

If israel goes there, it will be easy for us to help them. The problem is that if they attack syria etc. we will might have another world war on our hands, as israel would attack by too many forces for us(and many other western countries) to turn the other cheek.

The problem is that if we do that, we most likely will launch a pincer attack on iran, defeating them easy. That will get rid of one of the bigger forces, BUT it will end up bad as israel will only have meager support from american forces staged at the iraq-syria border aswell as the jordan-iraq border(because i know that if syria gets into this conflict, so will jordan).

No matter how you look at this, we don't have enough support to cover all that area. Which most likely means that we WILL reinstate the draft, it's a must.*sigh* that means that you and me and most of the people here(KHI) will be other there(the middle east), either fighting and dying, or fighting surviving with major emotional damage.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
pwn3d said:
No matter how you look at this, we don't have enough support to cover all that area. Which most likely means that we WILL reinstate the draft, it's a must.*sigh* that means that you and me and most of the people here(KHI) will be other there(the middle east), either fighting and dying, or fighting surviving with major emotional damage.

Screw that lol, I'm going straight to college. So I guess your saying most of KHI won't make it into College?:p

Sorry for that, but with all the seriousness of it, we need some comedic relief.

T

The Marauder

Bush reinstating the draft really wouldn't suprise me. I know I'll be heading to college straight out of HS, but if they manage to somehow wrangle me or my friends in... Hello Toronto!

In any case, the United States is in a strategically awful position if we were to enter this conflict. Even if we managed to pull more troops out of our ass, our forces currently in Iraq would then be at further risk from Syrian or Iranian fire as well. The US would soon be fighting a multi-front war, and terrorist organizations all across the middle east would see it as the perfect time to strike back. I really don't like the thought of the US entering this conflict...

Seirio

Mr. Twister
Awards
My opinion is that since the people still in Lebanon are being evacuated,the remaining soldiers all over the place from Iran,Iraq and all of the other places should be too and therefor the casualties will be at a minumum but the casualties for the people opposing the MO who are not American will be raised since the lack of the US troops to defend them.If the US enters the war,then all hell breaks loose,if they retreat,then its still all hell braking loose.Either way there will always be a large amount of death from both the MO,citizens of all the countries,and the US.Im not into the violence but there will always be death and that there should be some other way to stop it from happening.

misterorange

Well if other nations helped out Lebanon and start to corner Isreal im sure Turkey would cut off all water supply to Lebanon and other areas which would put a lot of pressure on those nations, but hopefully its just another lil spat over there and nothing will come out of this. Iran on the other hand I know probably wants to get involved since they dont like Isreal anyway.

Seirio

Mr. Twister
Awards
True,very true....damn Bush, but if he puts in the soldiers,than the American troops will be able to bring water supply for Lebanon so TUrkey wouldnt matter much.If another Country steps in like the other nations may,Lebanon may be able to stand the attackers for abit.TO me it is still unknown whether Lebanon loses or wins.Isreal steped in,there will be hell in the battlefront.Im still debating myself whether Bushybutt should send in troops or not.

misterorange

Yea but i would think that Turkey would allow enough water for the US but none to Lebanon. Plus if it did come to that I would assume we would be based in Isreal which wouldnt be cut off from the water.

Seirio

Mr. Twister
Awards
Then if that happens,Lebanon would surely lose the war,if it came to WWIII then Lebanon will be getting support from more nations and then there will be hell even more.If it grew from WWIII then the world will go to war.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
misterorange said:
Well if other nations helped out Lebanon and start to corner Isreal im sure Turkey would cut off all water supply to Lebanon and other areas which would put a lot of pressure on those nations, but hopefully its just another lil spat over there and nothing will come out of this. Iran on the other hand I know probably wants to get involved since they dont like Isreal anyway.

I seriously doubt that, because turkey is a arab nation, and arabs(some, like thje leadership of the middleeast) hate hebrews... and israel is prodominately hebrew. and you also forgetting that lebannon could get water from other sources, they have trade partners and allies that would give them supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back