• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► The Host

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Despair

Life's a depressing joke
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Stephenie Meyer fan in here. Anyways, she apperantly took a break from her Twilight series and wrote The Host. I haven't read it all myself, but it's as good as the Twiligh ones, it just has a different tone to it. Maybe a more mature view. Anywho, what do you guys think about it? ( no spoiler please )

M

Miss Murder

Re: The Host [ Lit ]

When I first read about it, I thought it sounded a hell of a lot like The Bodysnatchers / The Invasion. Still, I'm willing to give Meyer another chance, so I might borrow the book from one of my overly obsessive friends one day.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

I tried reading it and lost interest. It's kind of cliché.

Maybe I'll pick it up again, I dunno. x3

Mr Despair

Life's a depressing joke

I know what you mean, the book lost me as soon as I read the Prelogue. But after page 150 or so, the book really snatches your attention. It gets more emotionally intense.

Still, I'm willing to give Meyer another chance

I take it you've read the Twilight series before and didn't like it.

Last edited:

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com

Is this book alright for teens? Are there any sex scenes or profanity? Just wondering...
Nope.

Maybe the word 'damn' but that's about it.
Sure Meyer said it's an adult book but the romance and such is just rated-PG.

But onto The Host.
I ended up liking it.
The first 12 chapters were a BORE to me but after I got through that,it sucked me right in.
I never liked Jared no matter what but I loved Ian.
I thought the characters were VERY interesting and her writing was surely better than it was in Twilight ( i'm not saying twilight sux or anything )

But The Host was a very likeable book I have to say
:]

C

calvinyou89

When I first read about it, I thought it sounded a hell of a lot like The Bodysnatchers / The Invasion. Still, I'm willing to give Meyer another chance, so I might borrow the book from one of my overly obsessive friends one day.

C

calvinyou89

Almagest

I read Twilight and didn't particularly enjoy it, so I was wary of another book by Meyer. But I was pleasantly surprised by this one, despite the slow pace. I liked the maturity of the relationships and I wouldn't mind a sequel (or two).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back