• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Future of Somebodies 9-12

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_theMad

I feel like I'm going to receive a lot of schlack for this, but its only my own thoughts on the subject. Many people, what seems to be the majority in fact, have already stated that they could care less about Ansem's apprentices or the somebodies of numbers 9-12 that we have yet to see or even hear about. If you are one of these people, then this thread is not for you.

This is a very hypothetical, spit-balling of ideas and should NOT be taken too seriously. Please.

I had originally planned to lop this topic onto another thread of my own, but that one turned out to be longer than expected. When it comes to why most people have expressed their disinterest in the matter, the two most common points I hear-- and have read-- is that they are unimportant to the plot and are pointless, and because there is such a big plot already built up that they wouldn't have a place in it-- then again, I suppose that's really only one reason. (I'm excluding the simple "Because I don't like the character" reason).

I personally would enjoy having all the somebodies back, a backstory isn't really needed, just their presence would be nice. I agree that incorporating Luxord, Demyx, and Larxene would be a bit more complicated than Marluxia. Why? Because how would they get there? Wouldn't they wake up in their own home worlds? Most likely. Which is why they could create the home worlds for these three, more original square worlds, or simply have the three show upin Traverse Town. Like I said, its more difficult to work in for those three. But wait-- Why would Sora and co. even bother going to these worlds?

Now, I can't dictate to you all the possible plot points in KH3--or even think of them for that matter-- but there are certain things we know have to be/ should be in the game: the realm of darkness and finding Ansem and Aqua, going to Castle Oblivion and getting Ven, having to visit the princesses of hearts' worlds, and the final keyblade war fight. Based on this alone, I certainly think there's enough space after the first two to take a small detour to the new worlds or traverse town to collect Demyx, Luxord, and Larxene in the process to help out. I mentioned in my other thread that the group will likely need help, considering all the enemies the 13 darknesses have or will have on their side, and maybe the somebodies could be future party members later in the game (which I sort of discussed in my other thread).

Like I said, I know this is sort of out there, I'm merely attempting to answer the what-ifs, possibilities, and hows I keep seeing andthat I have received before. Maybe the somebody and the world that the main character travels to in order to find them would be split amongst the three main stories.(Assuming there would be three separate stories for Sora, Riku, and Kairi-- Whoknows?) Why would their somebodies help? That I cannot answer fully; perhaps the main characters could convince them, perhaps they're feeling generous, perhaps they'd like to get back at Xehanort after discovering his true plan, perhaps Larxene would only after speaking to Lea/Marluxia.

Onto Marluxia, who I think is by far one of the most underappreciated characters in the series, and of the four unknown somebodies he undoubtedly has the most potential to become more involved. Why is that?Castle Oblivion of course; we know that at some point in the game Sora and Aqua will have to go return to Castle Oblivion to get Ven. While they're there, memories will probably begin to resurface within Sora, and he would remember the events that had occurred there-- Namine, Marluxia, choosing to go to sleep, everything. How does Marluxia actually become involved? Well, either because of the two possibilities already mentioned for the other somebodies, or something else I've thought about. Someone once brought up an interesting point to me when discussing Re: Chain of Memories, concerning the moment Sora locked the door after his fight with Marluxia. A lot of people have expressed that they didn't see the point of that, myself included, or said that Sora was sealing away the world (For some reason I don't think this is it, but that's just me.)

Marluxia did fade, yes, but someone had made the point that what if-- because Sora sealed it--Marluxia's soul had been trapped in the room/ Castle Oblivion; therefore, when the hearts were released at the end of KH2 and the somebodies begin to wake up in DDD, Marluxia wakes up in that room in Castle Oblivion, but trapped-- or just his heart/soul is. (I warned you guys this thread would be very out there).Sora and Aqua find the door and don't know why its sealed (Because Sora wouldn't remember) and open it, either because of sheer curiosity or because they need to get through there or something. Either releasing Marluxia's heart (to awaken him for later games) or come across a weak Marluxia himself (having been trapped in there for a while), possible fight ensues, return with both him and Ven because they couldn't just leave him there.

Where would Marluxia fit into the story? Definitely not as a distracter, we had enough of that from Pete and Maleficent in KH2 and we already have enough going on in KH3. He could be an ally like the other apprentices and aid them in the battle and whatnot. (Can't forget my partymember point). Why? Several possibilities: revenge (maybe Xigbar and Xehanort had set it up for him to lose his heart then conveniently found him so they could pick up a strong vessel) power, convinced, etc. Then he could remain as a sort of good guy like the others, or be a horrible person and do something at the end for his own benefit and break off, turn on them, and has the possibility of returning as an antagonist in future games. Good anti-hero material. We also can't forget that Marluxia originally planned to overthrow the Organization, but we were never given a reason why. This opens up a world of opportunity for his character, and there are many different ways he could become involved. Possible reasons? Power and Kingdom Hearts for himself (Probably their original, but I think its rather cliché) or he knew about the true plot--or at least that Xemnas was lying to them to some degree and that they would not actually get their hearts.

And finally, excluding Kingdom Hearts 3, the characters could appear in future titles. Antagonist or protagonists, who knows? I think this is the option that most people would prefer, but I personally think it would be nice to see them in KH3-- if not all of them, then at least Marluxia. In KH3 or in future titles I would definitely enjoy seeing all four of these characters again, I hate seeing characters abandoned.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Marluxia doesnt have enough power to do anything at all at this point.

Lost_theMad

Sure he does. Lea kept his powers and memories from being a nobody, I don't see why Marluxia and the others would not. Besides "at this point"-- there isn't really a "this point", we have no idea what became of Marluxia since Re:COM.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
How would you know that?

I mean he doesnt have enough power to be any threat. At this point if he came back for anything nefarious he would be a blip on the radar unless join up with xheanort, who would never trust him.

Lost_theMad

As I stated above, he could come in in future games after the Xehanort saga. I specifically stated that if he were to be included in KH3, it would have to not be as a distractor. We have Xehanort, we have the darknesses, we don't need anymore. A Maleficent and Pete Re-run wouldn't be any good. Marluxia was an exceptionally powerful nobody, so you can't really throw him under the bus for that. I stated quite a few different hypothetical situations, none of which made any reference to Marluxia attempting to team up with Xehanort, and I doubt he would.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
As I stated above, he could come in in future games after the Xehanort saga. I specifically stated that if he were to be included in KH3, it would have to not be as a distractor. We have Xehanort, we have the darknesses, we don't need anymore. A Maleficent and Pete Re-run wouldn't be any good. Marluxia was an exceptionally powerful nobody, so you can't really throw him under the bus for that. I stated quite a few different hypothetical situations, none of which made any reference to Marluxia attempting to team up with Xehanort, and I doubt he would.
i hope the organization member a all resolved by the final xheanort chpater a a new fresh start could begin. It alredy been confirmed the the other memeber are to weak for xheanorts plan, therfore couldnt be a true thread to sora

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It alredy been confirmed the the other memeber are to weak for xheanorts plan, therfore couldnt be a true thread to sora

Firstly, it was said there were three reasons why they couldn't become Xehanorts and none of them were related to their power. We can classify a few of the members under these reasons:

• Weakness of Trust - Marluxia, Larxene
  • Weakness of Body - Demyx, maybe Zexion
  • Weakness of Will - Demyx, Zexion, Lexeaus

Marluxia was not weak when it came to power. He was weak because he didn't trust Xemnas, so he was unsuitable. He was EXTREMELY powerful, enough so that he could manifest his power in various forms. He was a threat to Xemnas, and that was why he had to be eliminated.

Larxene is sadistic and cruel. That wasn't a nature that came out because she was a Nobody, but because she was genuinely cruel. No way would she get a "clean slate"

All it takes is a malicious intent to become a threat, and Marluxia and Larxene were after power. For what and to what end, that remained unknown but I would not doubt that if they were Somebodies again, they would probably be after world domination or something like that. Hell, if they have come back they could even take a page out of Xehanort's book and try to find a way to use Kingdom Hearts' power, but not in the way Xehanort was trying to accomplish and are very suitable to return in the next saga.

L0llyp0p

I'm not sure about the other somebodies but I think Demyx comes from Shibuya(TWEWY) cause if you've played TWEWY there is a lot of music involved which would fit with Demyx and Sora promised Neku he would got a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back