• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

THE FOLLOWING IS A WELL-PAID ADVERTISEMENT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
KHI Fables
Coming Soon* to a Forum Near You!

Main / Roleplaying: http://forums.khinsider.com/roleplaying/168212-khi-fables-project-creative-corner.html
Visual Art: http://forums.khinsider.com/traditional-media/168229-wanted-artists-who-enjoy-good-story.html
Creative Writing: Coming Soon*
Music & Composition: Coming Soon*

This is my feeble way of promoting an ambitious community project. I'd like the Creative Corner sections to compile an anthology of sorts, following the theme of "Disney Fairy Tales". It would be a fun way to showcase everybody's varied talents, in a way that is easily accessible to forum visitors.

On a suggestion, I'm expanding my soapbox to Forum Insanity, in the hope that someone will listen. If I've managed to pique your curiosity, please visit one of the above threads -- or post in this one.

Toodles,

Ordeith

*eventually

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
As a warning, you may want this be moved to The Foyer as soon as possible, almost any thread in Forum Insanity will be spammed with nonsense.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm interested in the Creative Writing portion, it gives me an excuse to work. What do you mean by "Disney Fairy Tales" though?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Definitely interested in the Creative Writing thing. Just explain what you mean by Disney Fairy Tales and I can write something~

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
As a warning, you may want this be moved to The Foyer as soon as possible, almost any thread in Forum Insanity will be spammed with nonsense.
That was a slight worry of mine—but if the need calls for it, I can have it moved easily enough.

I'm interested in the Creative Writing portion, it gives me an excuse to work. What do you mean by "Disney Fairy Tales" though?
Definitely interested in the Creative Writing thing. Just explain what you mean by Disney Fairy Tales and I can write something~
As am I, I just need the details and I can get to writing.

KHI's creative writers are going to be handling two parts of the project:
First and foremost, a more permanent team of writers will be condensing the contents of the roleplay into a streamlined, homogenized form. Secondly, any writer can submit an original piece of their own—at any time during the project's lifespan.

Myself said:
2. A team of writers will then condense the narrative into stories/chapters, and homogenize the style. (Part 3)

This part will be a meticulous labor of love, in which the roleplaying cast must work hand-in-hand with the writing committee—to create a simplified companion work to the RP. These writers must also order the illustrations as they see fit, consulting the illustrators if something needs to be made/edited. The collection needs to be something that will impress visitors to the forums, and provide a fitting example of everyone's talents.

In addition to this compilation stage, writers can submit their own short works in the meantime. The greatest fun of creative writing is, well . . . to write creatively! I'd hate to limit our writing team to other people's work—because I'll be submitting a few other things, myself—so independent concepts are always welcome. These will break up the "main" story/stories provided by the roleplay.

Concerning questions about the theme (and the process, for that matter), I'd advise reading the main thread in the Roleplaying Section. It spells out the duties of each branch, not just the RP side of things. I placed it there for convenience's sake, as the roleplay will be easiest for me to get started.

Essentially, we'll be doing as Disney does—that is, taking simple peasant stories and fleshing them out as full tales. Or, as in the case of the RP, we'll be taking a fully-fleshed story and creating a "time-diluted" fairy-tale version of it.

sounds stupid

You just can't fathom the depth of my artistic vision...

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back