• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fan Dumb Critics-Club: The Rebooted Version

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Re: The Fan Dumb HC - "KHI haz a Fandumb HC? KHI IS RUIND FOREVARRR!1!eleven!"

Technically, if you look more deeply at Xion, she's a deconstruction of the typical Mary Sue.

I looked up on youtube somewhere that a girl won't buy Days beacuse is ruins AxelXRoxas....

...Lame.

That's the same thing as saying you won't buy Final Fantasy IV because it kills CecilxGolbez - which was not in FF4 to begin with, and it was released 16 years before Dissidia.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

I'll join, I guess.

And the overall KH fanbase on dA is the worst. D: the KH fanbase in general is just annoying. Everybody (and including myself sometimes) is way too defensive about everything, especially their precious ships. That's what you get when the director lets the fans decide almost everything. So yes, I hate my own fandom. @_@;
Shipping children doesn't sound like yaoi... but damn...
They're both guys, though. :C

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Strawberry is in the club. >: D

HeartofTwilight

So, first, I'm not into fan clubs or hate clubs, but I will make an exception for this, as it is kind of an anti-hate club. Seriously, I was reading about Jon Stewart's Rally to restore sanity and I thought that what this fandom really needs is that. A club to restore sanity, a club to acknowledge that of course we think different things, and of course we don't all like every single part of the Kingdom Hearts series (I, for one, dislike the random platforming and rhythm gaming. And the camera...damn camera) or every character (Hayner, Pence, and Olette kinda seem random to me...), but that's okay. It is okay to write fanfiction where 15 year olds are and remain virgins. It is okay to wish Nomura spent more time developing one character or another.

It is okay to say that you like canon, that before anything else, you turn to canon because it is what made you love the series.

It is okay to accept that Nomura is an incredible creator even if Aerith sounds like a robot in the second game.

It is time to restore sanity, KH fandom. I think this might be the club to do that.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Wow. Your deconstruction of the KH "fandom" is amazing.

You're in. : D

Seriously, three-year absence? o_O

DISCUSSION TOPIC:

What are your opinions on those purists who refuse a sequel to anything?

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

^ I blame Disney and their direct-to-video sequels, which trained us into believing that all sequels are out to destroy our childhood memories of beloved characters. ;)

I don't agree with all of the purists, but I can see where they're coming from, because nowadays, the common belief is that if you want to make a sequel, you're doing it purely to make more money, not because you have another great story to tell. Sometimes, like if you're part of Pixar or Christopher Nolan, you get a free pass from fans because they respect these people as artists first. But most people don't have Pixar's reputation or Christopher Nolan's.

Btw, I'm not sure if I'm going to join this yet or not. I get so sick and tired of the fandumb beating each other senseless over shipping and characters and gameplay and consoles and whatnot. But on the other hand, I know that I'm not exactly far from that myself; in the end, we're all obsessing over the same franchise, and I enjoy the discussions that happen when everyone's being civilized. Plus, fan dumb can be actually pretty funny at times. So, I'll be a visitor for now.

Sounds familiar?

LOL, that is my absolute FAVORITE scene from Supernatural! And I think that one of Dean's comments should be the club motto: "Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot." Supernatural really enjoys poking fun at its fanbase, and we love them for it.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com

Strawberry said:
They're both guys, though. :C

Yaoi is a thing between two femmy guys. Bara is a thing between two manly guys. And shota is two males underage.

It isn't yaoi; it's shota.

What are your opinions on those purists who refuse a sequel to anything?

My opinion on them: they cause the problem of many sequels not being as good.

I truly do not think that the sequel is always less good than the first. I mean, look at Resident Evil. I thought the first one was good, but then I rewatched it after I saw the second one. It did not seem to respect its sequel! If Resident Evil did not have a sequel, I don't think anyone would care for the movie much.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

My opinion on them: they cause the problem of many sequels not being as good.

I truly do not think that the sequel is always less good than the first. I mean, look at Resident Evil. I thought the first one was good, but then I rewatched it after I saw the second one. It did not seem to respect its sequel! If Resident Evil did not have a sequel, I don't think anyone would care for the movie much.

So Sequelitis is the Fan Dumb's fault. Case closed.

It's the Fan Dumb that turned Sonic 2006 into an atrocity. Its original release date was mid-2007. But then again, those maggots came in and pleaded Sega to rush the game. And the rest... is silence.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

So Sequelitis is the Fan Dumb's fault. Case closed.

It's the Fan Dumb that turned Sonic 2006 into an atrocity. Its original release date was mid-2007. But then again, those maggots came in and pleaded Sega to rush the game. And the rest... is silence.

You know that kiss wasn't going to happen between Sonic and Elise. So, my munnies on A SonicXAmy monent come ture. But like you said... silence.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

I'm liking that deconstruction. and Org, I got that video from you!

I really dislike Hate. I really do.

as for Sequelitis... Look, if they work on making it good, good subsequent seasons, etc. I'm good. If it's just "Let's make money!" Then yeah...
Darkwing Duck, after 19 YEARS is coming out with a comic. The comic is awesome. Sequelitis doesn't apply here.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Which is a good thing, because Disney cares about its characters.

Except Power Rangers...

madammina

I think Power Rangers was bought back...

but for caring: See Oswald. They bought him back from Universal (who claimed in in the 20's) purely because of Epic Mickey.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Yes, Power Rangers was bought back.

You're saying Oswald is making a one-time guest appearance? That can be justified.

madammina

No, they're keeping him. But they went all out for Epic Mickey. But now they own him instead of Universal.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Oh well. That makes quite some sense.

Anyways, ONE MORE TOPIC.

The new Devil May Cry game. Fan Dumb is going berserk because of Dante's new design. Seriously? That's the same as complaining about Simon Belmont's original design, saying it isn't realistic enough. >.>

madammina

I think it's partly because it doesn't look like him at all. I wouldn't really know (never played) But the big problem is the lack of white hair and how different the face is.

Here's a scene from DMC4

Here's the trailer for DMC

The face is different, there's no white hair... and he's not very Hammy... just a bit too realistic.

Then again this is just what I've heard. I want to play the games though...

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

I thought the Large Ham in the first vid was Nero. o_O But anyhoo, this whining about Dante's design is irritating, isn't it?

It's a reboot, for fuck's sake.

madammina

(Shrug) Or a prequel. Anyway...

(I really love that scene though. Come on, He's giving a lecture on demonhood and humanity while STAGE LIGHTS ARE FOLLOWING HIM AND HE'S TELEPORTING!)

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Another topic, another topic...

ON TO TOMB RAIDER.

There are the purists who refuse to play any games past Tomb Raider III, the Core Design lovers who will point out the tiniest flaws in Crystal Dynamics' games and say that they "can't match the style of the classic TRs", even though Core's six games were all wildly different in style and Crystal's games are more like the original than most of Core's later games.

Then there are the Crystal Dynamics fans. Some don't complain and just shut up and be greatful for what they're getting, with the occasional Take That at Core's later games in the series.... Then there are the ones who Take That about every aspect of Core games to a degree that matches the Crystal Dynamics fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back