• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The chinese advantage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

strike chaos

I'm taking macroeconomics in college, and in class we were talking about how china has advantages over the rest of the world, so I did some additional research. First, thanks to their censorship laws, not everything is allowed to be exported to china, like t-shirts, TV shows or episodes, anime, movies (which they only accept 10 a year), etc. So they can sell the rest of the world all of their goods, but we can only give them thing that make it through their strict censorship laws, even though a lot of the goods that are censored are main in their very own country. Second, each currency has it's own value in the currency exchange rate, the british pound is the highest and the Zimbabwean is the lowest, if I'm not mistaken. These currencies are constantly changing values due to multiple factors, but china is suppressing the values. Why? Because it then it's easier for people to outsource the work, makes it cheaper for other countries to buy their goods, and it helps keep the expensive foreign goods out. Third, some companies refuse to release some of their products into china, due to the fact china is the worlds leading illegally manufacturer of the products, of which, zero arrests.

Tell me your thoughts.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
movies (which they only accept 10 a year)

Wait what? Literally, only ten foreign movies can make it into china per year? jesus christ i never knew.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
China's population will gradually decrease if they plan on keeping the one child policy.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
China's population will gradually decrease if they plan on keeping the one child policy.

This isn't exactly the right point to be making because China is over-populated and this is precisely the reason they have the policy. the problem is that their one-child policy discriminates against female-child birth, which means that the real issue for China is that no more than a generation or so from now there will only be 1/5th the female population per male population, and therefore 3/5ths of the Male population have literally no chance of actually having wives or a family of their own. which is a huge economic stress, and sociologists are predicting what they call the soon to be "loveless" generation in China. mass-suicides will probably result as well

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
the real issue for China is that no more than a generation or so from now there will only be 1/5th the female population per male population, and therefore 3/5ths of the Male population have literally no chance of actually having wives or a family of their own. which is a huge economic stress, and sociologists are predicting what they call the soon to be "loveless" generation in China. mass-suicides will probably result as well

shoot, i never thought of it like that.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Also, there are exception for the many different minorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back