• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Aussie fanclub!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
well just cause one or several aussies say it, don't mean we all do, most of australia concerning language in media and stuff is overrated. How do I know? I'm australian and not me, nor my parents or any of my friends use the kind of language that americans think we do, course we say g'day from time to time and 'mate' course we do since we're too friggen lazy to say their name or 'friend' XD

Throw a shrimp on the barbie? Ugh you americans watch too many movies, no decent Australian in their right mind would say that nor the other kinds of phrases that we are so-called famous for. We speak regular english with the occasional language shortcut and maybe swear more than most others since it's considered normal in Australia (Carl Barron ftw).

this

and i only ever say mate to someone over 40 considering it's a dying trait

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Have you ever cooked a 'shrimp on the barbie'? Probably not. You know why? Because we don't call them shrimp.

There's no need to ham up Australian stereotypes. We're a bit beyond that now.

KAIRI_SUX

who cares and stop ruining the fanclub
wouldn't it be better to use Australian slang to separate from other clubs? and you dont have to talk to write that way. Plus we dont really care about what other people from different countries think of us. Like the Australian emblems represents 'move forward'

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Personally... Just throwing my stone in the water here...
I think it's sad that we are losing our Aussie Icons,
I mean we sold off Vegitmite to the Americans, pittys sake our grandparents or great grandparents would have a fit.
And we do still use SOME of our lingo, like UTE and G'day. Aussie is actually a ligo word. Snaggs is still comonly used, Barbie is still used, I know actually quite a lot of people who still use the word "Mate" I use it myself. I know some people MY age that still use dunny and loo, instead of Toilet. Or Roo instead of Kangaroo. Perhaps Im just a small city slicker...
If our Aussie traditions are becoming extinct we much do our best to preserve the species.
Cause if we lose it. It makes us... No one... we lose what makes us special from the rest of the world!

So what if a lot of the lingo is dying off, this thread was made to show that we as Australians are unique, and are proud to be.
If you're not proud the fact, you're Australian, you're unique from the rest of the world cause of your rediculous old sayings and traditions, then it's your loss.

An old sying once went like this,

You were born an original, don't die a copy,
Are we as Australia's future going to sit back and lose our identity and become a copy of the US,
(In all my respect to my American friends, I love you all. Im just saying being a copy is boring)

Oh and to those who are ashamed of our Aussie herritage

HOPE YOUR CHOOKS TURN INTO EMUS...
AND KICK YOUR DUNNY DOORS DOWN!!

- LoL Just a joke there to lighten the mood...

Ok... Rants done...

I'd like go give another cheer to Wolfie for making this Thread!

Ok...
Now.. on a lighter note... :)

A short Aussie Poem... (heheh I've decided to always leave off this thread with an Aussie Poem)

The night was dark and Stormy,
The dunny light was dim,
I heard a CRASH then a SPLASH
By Gosh! He's falled in!

Ahhh here's another for the fun of it...

She Danced across the ballroom floor,
Her dress it was fantastic.
All of a sudden she rushed for the door -
You can't trust Coles' elastic.

Meh another one cause this is fun! XD

Of all the birds I'd like to be
I'd like to be a Sparra
So I could sit on Princess Bridge
And help fill the Yarra XD

Ok nOW Im headed for Holidays lol

Last edited:

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Doooooobee dooooooo

Hows it going all?

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
*Sees Sea of Tears*
*Pulls out umbrella*
Hey All!
*Huge Teethy Grin*
SeaSalt, you freaking rule. *hugz*
Aww thanks Wolfie, :D
I didn't like seeing you all get down hearted for something I believe was a good idea, one, I've been considering doing for quite some time now.
It's awesome to learn about all your Aussie mates! XD

*hugz SeaSalt, who isn't actually on but meh*
*Hugz Back* Feel better?

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Seasalt! *hugzamillion*
ohh, so I'm not a lone thinker when it comes to creating fanclubs for countries/continentsxD
*is teh hugged* Imma feelin better now!

Nope your not,
I've always thought it would be a great idea to be able to meet other people from Australia who like KH just like me, it makes me feel less of a weirdo when I go into the games shops, It's sad normally im the only girl in there and people stare at me like I should be asking for a gift for a male relitive,
People at the game shops treat me like Im an idiot cause im female,
That's pure sexist!
Knowing that there are other girls in my country that likes the same things as me is a real comfort, I don't feel like a freak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back