• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Text Base Tag

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHeart

What the title says. I like it personally. That is just me though.

goosegoggleztexttagtag.png

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Well as a text base tag the text doesn't really stand out to me. In fact the effects seem more prominent. I would say do something a little more with creative with the text and make the effects compliment it.

Or you could just take off the text and make this an abstract piece

just sayin :D

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
^ Agreed. There's so much more potential as an abstract piece, now. If you're going to go for a text-based piece, choose a nice font that works, and try it with a clipping mask over it to add something to it, then focus on working off of that. Some perfect examples would be those of Shiny Binary, as I'm sure you know. Just look back over some of his pieces sometime and take a swing at it.

O

Oberon

What the title says. I like it personally. That is just me though.

goosegoggleztexttagtag.png
A general rule of thumb with text base sigs (but also for anything text based): all attention needs to pull towards the type.

The tag doesn't pull me to the text, it pulls me to the effects in the background, and not only is it drawing my attention away, it is hard to read. Big typefaces come in handy, such as Impact, for this reason. They are attention getting when executed right and usually are easy to play with because it's hard not to miss the blocky type style.

Work on focusing all the effects around the type, not apart from it. An example of what I mean is putting a contrasting bold sans serif like Impact into a paint splatter effect/brush shape.

Also watch out for the colors. As I said, it's a bit hard to read right now (the type, of course) because of the primary colors contrasting so deeply with the white type. It makes the type illegible as it stands.

I can see what you were trying to do, and it has possibilities, but as it is, it didn't work out so well. Keep trying though, type is hard to master. It's definitely the hardest thing (in my experience) to deal with.

tangerine

Awards
A general rule of thumb with text base sigs (but also for anything text based): all attention needs to pull towards the type.

Ditto. Work around the text. You seem to have just pasted on the text after working on the effects, and so you didn't really pull it off. Oberon gave good advice; I'll just second it in order to reinforce the point so that it doesn't just fall on blind eyes. Aside from that, the text itself isn't really positioned well. It looks like you tried for the center but missed your mark, simply because so much space is left half-empty to the left and so it's uneven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back