• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Keyblade and Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex=axel

So i've recenly played through Terra's stroy mode on BBS, and Terra says that someday Riku will get the Keyblade that Terra uses, Has Riku got Terra's keyblade now or is the way unto dawn a different one? (i know that keyblades can change shape, but is thought the way onto dawn was obtained by Riku after he balanced the darkness within him)

P.S. what i said is probably super wrong, since i kept up with everything KH upto before 368/2 days (or w/e) and now just getting back into the KH universe, so i only remember a bit lol

EDIT: i just put this in the wrong place... could someone move it plox?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Going through the Keyblade Inheretance Ceremony doesn't mean you actually get the Keyblade of the person who performed the ceremony on you, so, no. Way to Dawn and Terra's Keyblade (Earth Shaker right?) are two different Keyblades. Terra's is most likely still with LS.

alex=axel

Going through the Keyblade Inheretance Ceremony doesn't mean you actually get the Keyblade of the person who performed the ceremony on you, so, no. Way to Dawn and Terra's Keyblade (Earth Shaker right?) are two different Keyblades. Terra's is most likely still with LS.

Oh, so uh, what does the keyblade inheritence ceremony do? just make it so another keyblade will choose you?
also, i thought that the earth shaker or w/e what still with the LS, thats why i asked the question i was confuzzled :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh, so uh, what does the keyblade inheritence ceremony do? just make it so another keyblade will choose you?

It's like a letter of recommendation towards becoming a full-fledged wielder. Undergoing the rite will grant you the ability to wield, and it makes it more likely that you'll receive a Keyblade of your own later on.

also, i thought that the earth shaker or w/e what still with the LS, thats why i asked the question i was confuzzled :p

Arguably, yes.

localorange

What Terra did was pass on the power of wielding a keyblade to Riku. It enables him to see the keyholes of different worlds, and eventually wield a keyblade of his own - but not Terra's.

I agree that Terra's keyblade is with the LS.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What Terra did was pass on the power of wielding a keyblade to Riku. It enables him to see the keyholes of different worlds, and eventually wield a keyblade of his own - but not Terra's.

It actually lets you use any Keyblade you find so long as it was previously summoned. Sora used Riku's Keyblade at the end of KH2; Riku used Roxas's Oblivion during Deep Dive; Kairi used the Keyblade Riku lent her in KH2. Hell Sora was still using the KK, even though it still considered itself to be Riku's for most of KH1.
I actually like how they did this - separating the ability to Wield, and having a Keyblade to call your own. Hell, Sora got a Keyblade without ever being made a Wielder.

It actually wasn't established yet whether or not undergoing the Ritual nets you a Keyblade (though most likely it's not the Master's own as MX and Eraqus kept their Keyblades well enough even when TAV were already established Wielders).
If undergoing the ritual nets you a Keyblade, it'll explain why Riku already had the KK inside him for Sora to take from him. It also means Kairi simply hasn't woken her own yet.
BUT. If it DOESN'T net you a Keyblade but only makes you likely to get one SOMETIME (see, WttD once Riku truly proved himself), it brings up the issue that we need to explain the KK's origin. And Kairi has as much of a chance of being Keybladelss as she has of having a dormant one, who picked her along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back