• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

terra is not xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

one_winged_angel

Yeah thats what I mean. Terra could not have possibly given the Way To Dawn to Riku. Now my point is that the keyblade which roxas used in Twilight Town was virtual so, if it was a real keyblade roxas probably could not have used it. Correct me if im wrong. Cheers

Ok. Thanks Rain. I was late to see your reply.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So does that mean that you can create a keyblade by getting a sword and giving it a keychain?

Seeing how I believe the SE was a manifestation of Riku's wielding abilities in the absence of an actual Keyblade? No.
He could "wield", in a sense, but was lacking either an actual Keyblade, or the strength of Heart to properly make one materialize. He lacked "substance". That came along later, amongst other ways, via the Keychain.
The SE was not an unrelated element in this, judging by - again - the hole at the base of the handle on which a Keychain was later on attached. It was meant to become a Keyblade, it just wasn't one at the time.

Clowde

TN Interview:

We found out that Riku's Keyblade's name is "Way to the Dawn" when examining his item slots after he joined your party. Is that Keyblade a transfigured version of Soul Eater?
I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade

Probably when Riku learned to fully accept the darkness, he became eligible to be a Keyblade master, and maybe then the Soul Eater just "became" TWtTD. Not that he slapped a keychain on it. I think it's more complicated then that.

Either that, or maybe a keyblade master can take anything. A stick, pole, sword, and slap a keychain on it and make a keyblade materialize out of it. Who knows.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
TN Interview:

We found out that Riku's Keyblade's name is "Way to the Dawn" when examining his item slots after he joined your party. Is that Keyblade a transfigured version of Soul Eater?
I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade

Probably when Riku learned to fully accept the darkness, he became eligible to be a Keyblade master, and maybe then the Soul Eater just "became" TWtTD. Not that he slapped a keychain on it. I think it's more complicated then that.

He learned to accept the Darkness at the end of CoM. He didn't get a Keyblade until the end of KH2.
And you're taking my wording too literally. It's not that Riku suddenly found the Keychain lying in the street and thought it'd be awesome to put it on, and it became a Keyblade. Nomura said as much.
But part of the process that made it turn into a Keyblade included the 'slapping on' of a Keychain. Riku became capable of using Keychains, and that seems to be what not only enabled him to gain the WtD, but also manifest Duel Wielding as Rikunort to give Kairi the Keyblade based on his Memories of her and DI.
That's when the SE fulfilled its purpose and finally became a Keyblade - with a Keychain slapped on.

Allister Rose

French Lover
TN Interview:

why do you always spell it TWtTD? i thought it was a typo at first.

its the way to Dawn,

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Seeing how I believe the SE was a manifestation of Riku's wielding abilities in the absence of an actual Keyblade? No.
He could "wield", in a sense, but was lacking either an actual Keyblade, or the strength of Heart to properly make one materialize. He lacked "substance". That came along later, amongst other ways, via the Keychain.
The SE was not an unrelated element in this, judging by - again - the hole at the base of the handle on which a Keychain was later on attached. It was meant to become a Keyblade, it just wasn't one at the time.
Where would we be without you, Rain?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You say because Terra lost his memories that he lost his ablity to wield but we see Xemnas talking to Aqua's armor. Explination?

A possible scenario would be that when he met Aqua (and got the armor), that she introduced herself as such. Or that he remembers bits and pieces, but not enough to use the Keyblade.
It's not that problematic a detail.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
Or maybe he just can't wield anymore. If a Keyblade can chose its wielder, surely it can chose to not be wielded.

Clowde

Or, if he really did give the keyblade to Riku. Like we've been told. He lost the ability to wield.

Maybe thats all it means to be able to be a keyblade master, the ability to wield. And if you give that ability away, you yourself, loose said ability.

Clowde

Seeing how Riku still had the SE without actually having the KK, and how Xehanort still managed to open the Door to the Heart of Radiant Garden, I doubt it.

So you think Xehanort can still wield a keyblade?

And the SE isn't a keyblade so you can't use it as a reason. I don't care what you think it is.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So you think Xehanort can still wield a keyblade?

Yes. Would certainly explain Riku's eventual Duel Wielding.

And the SE isn't a keyblade so you can't use it as a reason. I don't care what you think it is.

I can and I do use it as a reason. You're allowed to disagree with it, but not forbid me to use it :p

Clowde

Yes. Would certainly explain Riku's eventual Duel Wielding.

How would that explain him DWing?

I can and I do use it as a reason. You're allowed to disagree with it, but not forbid me to use it :p

I'm not forbidding :D
But like Nomura said. His Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for the Keyblade, therefore, i believe that maybe the SE transformed into TWtTD when Riku learnt to accept the darkness. But i don't consider it to a be a keyblade. Saying that, do you consider Sora's wooden sword to be a keyblade too? Its the same situation? The keyblade left Sora for Riku. And all Sora was left with was the sword until he got the keyblade back.

I'll admit though. How Xehanort managed to open that door is a weird topic. Not even AtW seems to be confused as to how it happened.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
How would that explain him DWing?

Much like how people tend to use Ven to explain Sora and Roxas wielding at the same time, let alone eventually Duel Wielding. He simply plainly and physically had another Keyblade - Ven's.
Riku'd have had Xehanort's.

But like Nomura said. His Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for the Keyblade, therefore, i believe that maybe the SE transformed into it when Riku learnt to accept the darkness. But i don't consider it to a be a keyblade. Saying that, do you consider Sora's wooden sword to be a keyblade too? Its the same situation? The keyblade left Sora for Riku. And all Sora was left with was the sword until he got the keyblade back.

I never ever said the SE was a Keyblade. I mentioned that before. I do however think that it's not unrelated to Riku's Wielding abilities, Keyblade or not.
It has the hole for the Keychain. It's summoned in a similar manner, and eventually became the WtD.
You can't say the two are unrelated.

I'll admit though. How Xehanort managed to open that door is a weird topic. Not even AtW seems to be confused as to how it happened.

Because he didn't know about Xehanort's background, nor did Xehanort actually wield a Keyblade at any point.
We know bits and pieces, but likely conclusions aren't beyond us, especially with Riku Duel Wielding.

Clowde

Much like how people tend to use Ven to explain Sora and Roxas wielding at the same time, let alone eventually Duel Wielding. He simply plainly and physically had another Keyblade - Ven's.
Riku'd have had Xehanort's.

But thats different. People believe that Ven's heart or soul was put into Sora. Nothing was put into Riku, he was just chosen to be the next KB Master, or was given the keyblade from Terra.

I never ever said the SE was a Keyblade. I mentioned that before. I do however think that it's not unrelated to Riku's Wielding abilities, Keyblade or not.
It has the hole for the Keychain. It's summoned in a similar manner, and eventually became the WtD.
You can't say the two are unrelated.

Yeah you did. When i said:

Maybe thats all it means to be able to be a keyblade master, the ability to wield. And if you give that ability away, you yourself, loose said ability.

You said:

Seeing how Riku still had the SE without actually having the KK, and how Xehanort still managed to open the Door to the Heart of Radiant Garden, I doubt it.

It sounded to me like you were saying, but he can still wield a keyblade. Look he's wielding the SE right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back