• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tekken 5!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you like Tekken 5?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tekken 5 = teh uber pwnage of doom!

I reckon Tekken 5 is one of THE best games around (apart from KH), and I've already unlocked all of the fighters and figured out a winning strategy with
Spoiler Spoiler Show
- three moves with him and I can get a Perfect, even against the final boss,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

What do you reckon?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yeah Tekken 5 was good. My friends has it, and we both play from time to time. I also like Devil Jin, but one of the best people in the game is Kazuya. If you know how to use him, he can beat anybody with ease.

The only part of the game that pisses me off is that the fact that you can not play as
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Normally in Tekken games, who ever you can fight in the game is a potential character. But not in Tekken 5, unless you use a gameshark.

~Leo~

The one for the PSP is practically the same.......

Tekken 5 is pretty awsome, I love the Devil Within game (It's called that, right?)

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
lol Jinpachi

So what you can't play as him? If you could, Tekken would end up like Soul Calibur.

I'm more of an Asuka/Steve person... I play 2D fighters more though.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I love Tekken 5. I love the entire Tekken series. I even love the Tekken movie. My favorite fighter is Law. I rule with him. Though right now, I'm a 4 Dan, I'm working my way up fast. Though I can't get a perfect on Jinpachi with Law, i can get pretty close.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
my cousin has it. he beat it twice. he let me borrow it. it's very interesting. tekken 6!!!!! w00t for the s3.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Oblivion wielder said:
It was nice,it had great fmv's too!(Asukas's,Hworang's,Devil Jin's Panda's {lol} were good)
lol fmvs

Chances are the people who made those fmv's suck at the actual game, so they had to go make fmv's instead. Unless they're combo videos. Those work.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
The reason you can't play as Jinpachi is that he is completely broken. He has infinites. And it's impossible to kill someone with three hits, unless they're an idiot. But Tekken 5 is a really great game and I can't wait for Tekken 6/ Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Asuka's a good fighter, and her ending is hillarious.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I hate the Tekken series. I find that there's nothing that distinguishes each game from the previous one in the series apart from the addition of a few more characters, or some fun mini-game. The storylines are less than interesting. Yet fans buy these games constantly, without any consideration on whether it's money well spent, so there is never much improvement, or indeed development in the games.

So tell me, what makes Tekken 5 distinguishable from the other Tekken games? I could care less about better graphics and that crap, that is only to be expected.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Shadow Soulja said:
Name one fighting game that has any good stories -.-
You almost have a point there. I can appreciate that in any fighting game, storyline is not the main focus or attraction, nor should it be. However, some games have better storylines than others and I would suggest that Tekken is one of the least original games, in the sense that the scenario is the same in each game - The Iron Fist Tournament. Perhaps that is why I believe Tekken 2 to be the best of the series. Moreover, a weak storyline drastically takes away from the merit of the game as a whole.

dual_wielder

Pourquoi ?crivez un?
Website
www.myspace.com
Tekken has a deeper storyline, the reason why they do sequels is because it carries the story over from the last game. Basically the whole game is focused on the Mishima and Kazama family. How they intertwined with each other and about the Devil Gene that infects most of the Mishimas. How they control it and each character has a background story to them for winning the tournament. How they are related to some characters. For example Ling fancies Jin, but Jin doesn't like her or have anytime for her. Nina and her sister Anna are rivals and so forth and so on. You have to play each game to actually know what it going on.

Fair enough that you don't like the series, that is your preference of game. But you can't judge the game on screenshots and trailers or one game that you have played. You have to play each Tekken game to get the grasp of the storyline.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Tekken has a deeper storyline, the reason why they do sequels is because it carries the story over from the last game. Basically the whole game is focused on the Mishima and Kazama family. How they intertwined with each other and about the Devil Gene that infects most of the Mishimas. How they control it and each character has a background story to them for winning the tournament. How they are related to some characters. For example Ling fancies Jin, but Jin doesn't like her or have anytime for her. Nina and her sister Anna are rivals and so forth and so on. You have to play each game to actually know what it going on.

Fair enough that you don't like the series, that is your preference of game. But you can't judge the game on screenshots and trailers or one game that you have played. You have to play each Tekken game to get the grasp of the storyline.
But they keep using the same things over and over.

Christie? Just Eddy with boobs and different windows. Same for Asuka. Just Jun with with boobs and different windows.

These days no game developer's actually try to work on newer fighting game sequels... It's been 8 years Capcom. Where's my Street Fighter 4?

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Tekken has a deeper storyline, the reason why they do sequels is because it carries the story over from the last game. Basically the whole game is focused on the Mishima and Kazama family.
I know, it's hideously dull. It's like a bad soap - Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi and Jinpachi have issues that I could care less about. Plus, it's so overdone and worn out. They just seem to go around in circles. It's not a deep storyline.

How they control it and each character has a background story to them for winning the tournament.
...staying the obvious.

For example Ling fancies Jin, but Jin doesn't like her or have anytime for her. Nina and her sister Anna are rivals and so forth and so on.
Liek, omg, nu wai, RIVALS and ppl that have CRUSHES! If that is the backbone of their storyline, that's seriously pathetic. If you read the character descriptions in any of the booklets, you'll see how the characters lack depth. Most of these descriptions would be ridiculed if someone posted a similar thing in a template for in the RPing forum.

You have to play each game to actually know what it going on.
Well if that's the case, that's a grievous fault by Namco, since that would mean that to play and fully comprehend Tekken 6, you would have had to play all 5 previous games.

I've played 4 of the Tekken games. I think I've seen enough of Tekken. I know what I'm talking about.

And RTP is spot on about the Christie/Eddy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back