• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Symphonia: The Animation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sheena? Useless in battle? Yeah, okay...

I could never for the life of me figure out why everyone loves Kratos so much. "Oh, he's so badass and dreamy!" Not really, no. Regal is the real badass of the game. He kicks ass with his hands bound. Zelos also wins, because he's like a better version of Kratos in battle and a pimp.

I have to admit, it took me a while to fall for Zelos' charm. I found him annoying at first, but he really grew on me in the end. Although I haven't played it in a while, I don't remember many differences between his and Kratos' fighting ability, other than Kratos could cast Judgment.

So anyway, how the hell can you fit that much plot development into 80 minutes? You could get the "major" plot elements, but part of what makes the characters at least somewhat enjoyable is the development that happens outside of said major events.

Answer is, you don't. There's no possible way that they could fit everything into four episodes. I don't see why they didn't make it a longer series; I'd say at least twelve episodes. At least then you can fit in a lot more story and character development.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
^Exactly, the plot was enjoyable but nothing special, it was the character interaction and all those funny, emotional, silly moments that made the game what it is.

The character interaction is part of what won me over with the game. It was hard to find a time when I wasn't laughing at something stupid Lloyd had done, or Raine getting all ticked off at someone xD

I could never for the life of me figure out why everyone loves Kratos so much. "Oh, he's so badass and dreamy!" Not really, no. Regal is the real badass of the game. He kicks ass with his hands bound. Zelos also wins, because he's like a better version of Kratos in battle and a pimp.

Well, me being a fangirl and a fan of the angsty types that still have to work out their issues, I love Kratos. And even though Zelos was obsessed with women I still love him xD Regal is cool and everything, but I never grew to totally love his character :\ That, and he always dies in my party when I fight D:

And dude, Sheena ROCKS in my party.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Probably just me then. She always died in my party, which is why I didn't like releasing seals during the second half of the game. My ideal party was Lloyd, Regal (or Zelos), Presea, and Raine; which reminds me, I have to finish that replay I started at least 100 years ago.

Watched the anime just now.

• Kratos' "badassery" was only about a few seconds long before Lloyd bested him with that ExSphere of his. Afterwards, he doesn't really do much of anything. Even Dirk was more of a badass than he was.
  • Forcystus ruined the Renegade plot twist and sucked what little excitement it had out of it.
  • The Dwarven Vows were entirely omitted.
  • The claymation in the ending credits were lame.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Dirk was awesome in the anime...it's nice to see him fight since you never see him do that in game. Well, at least i don't remeber him fighting in the game. But apparently, Kratos is so "bad-ass" that the animators wanted to make sure that he could kill three of the Desians in one single swipe...I guess?

But yeah, did Forcystus get defeated and or die already? If so, that was quick =____=

As for the claymation, I think that was just there for some comedy. Idk, I basically just laughed through the whole thing >____>

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The second volume has been released. I'm not sure when exactly; I kinda forgot to be honest. Point is it's out, which means that it's time for discussion. I myself have yet to watch it since it's taking it's sweet time to download, but I shall comment once I do.

emos777

damn...i downloaded Volume 2 but it wasnt subbed so its pretty useless to me...is there a subbed torrent somewhere out there?

also about the whole fitting a 60 hour game in 80, yes its impossible but adding to that is if you ever played and liked Tales of Phantasia and then watched the anime they deff had to cut some parts out but i really thought they pulled it off perfectly so thats why im not worried about the symphonia OVA's

(though phantasia was a lot shorter...oh well)

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've yet to finish Phantasia to be honest. But yeah, there are subbed versions out there. I myself have gone with Hard-Gay Subs; despite the name, the group did a great job with the translation, so I recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back