• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Symphonia: The Animation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
A lot of people don't know about Tales of Symphonia being made into an animation, so I thought I'd make a topic. I seem to like some of the more obscure animes ^^;

Anyway, Tales of Symphonia: The Animation is consisted of four episodes, or is even considered an OVA since each episode exceeds the 21-22 minute mark. The show is a short overall view of the actual game and the first installment is already out :D

The second installment is said to be released in early August.

All the characters are the same, except that they keep calling Raine "Refill" and the Desians as "Tetheallans"...at least that's what the translators are doing =____=

So feel free to discuss the awsomeness that is ToS and the awsome fighting styles of Lloyd, Genis, Kratos, and Raine :D Though there is not any "graphic" violence in the game, the anime makes up for that...pretty dramatically, considering ToS appeals to a wide range of ages :3

Supposedly, Sheenah, Zelos, Presesa, and Regal are said to make an appearance!

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
I love ToS, therefore, I shall love this anime.

This is truly something worth watching. The animation looks gorgeous *eyes blink, dazzled*

I definately need to see this ^.^

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
That animation is GORGEOUS! And it's nice to see the funny expressions on Raine being animated, instead of just still pictures like in the game xD

Just go watch it on veoh.com since it's much better quality there :D

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Refill is Raine's Japanese name. Translating Desians as "Tethe'allans" though is just absolutely wrong.

Anyhow, looking for a RAW.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Refill is Raine's Japanese name. Translating Desians as "Tethe'allans" though is just absolutely wrong.

Anyhow, looking for a RAW.

Ooh okay...*is stuck with the poorly casted English game*
I figured it was her Japanese name...but why Refill? That's an odd name o_O;;

Anyway, I bet you can find a downloadable RAW on LJ or you can just watch the RAW or subbed version on Veoh...I really wouldn't rely on youtube for this one =__=

Josiah

Quarian Power!
I am so excited about this. XD ToS is seriously one of my favorite games of all time, and it excited me the entire way through. :D It was unlike anything I'd ever played before, and I'm very interested to see what they'll do, making it an animation. ^^;

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I knew of this for a while, but I completely forgot that it was coming out so soon. Oh how time flies. But only four episodes? I was hoping it would be longer than that. I guess this means that it might have some stuff cut out. How long is each episode? I'm going to look for this!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xP Does it go over the events of the game? If it does o_o; How does it do it in four episodes?

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, I think that it is just going to go over the main parts of the storyline. So if you take away most of the fighting, the sidequests and such. I just watched the first episode; very nice. I think the version I watched was different than yours Chihiro, as they didn't call the Desians Tethe'allans. And as the Kratos fanboy that I am, I squealed when he slayed all of the Desians. I also had a lot of fun trying to name the attacks they were using. But since Lloyd is just now leaving town to go after Colette, and there are only 4 OVAs, I'm expecting it to be pretty cut down.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Well, I think that it is just going to go over the main parts of the storyline. So if you take away most of the fighting, the sidequests and such. I just watched the first episode; very nice. I think the version I watched was different than yours Chihiro, as they didn't call the Desians Tethe'allans. And as the Kratos fanboy that I am, I squealed when he slayed all of the Desians. I also had a lot of fun trying to name the attacks they were using. But since Lloyd is just now leaving town to go after Colette, and there are only 4 OVAs, I'm expecting it to be pretty cut down.

Yup. The show is just going to be an overview of the game...though, I don't really know how they're going to bump into Zelos, Sheena, Presea, & Regal o___O
Now my question is, will the anime cutscenes be in the OVAs or did they animate entirely new scenes?

AND OMG, Kratos is amazing. Kratos = <3

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yup. The show is just going to be an overview of the game...though, I don't really know how they're going to bump into Zelos, Sheena, Presea, & Regal o___O

That's the one thing that I dislike about anime and manga adaptations of video games. While, sure they may be great by anime and manga standards, they tend to leave a lot of the story out, disappointing the fans of the games. Especially in an action oriented game like Tales, it just feels lacking since they don't include every fight.

Now my question is, will the anime cutscenes be in the OVAs or did they animate entirely new scenes?

Well, there really weren't many anime cutscenes in the game to begin with. And how many of them included characters that might not actually be included in the OVA. So chances are that everything is new.

AND OMG, Kratos is amazing. Kratos = <3

Yes. Yes he is.

Also, lol @ claymation ending sequence.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD I must go find it now. <3 Thanks guys! Anyone know where it is watchable?

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, Chihiro said in her posts that it's on Veoh. Oh and I laughed so hard when Raine nailed Lloyd in the forehead with the chalk.XD

Chihiro

&#9734; birth by sleep;
Yes, it is one of the best GCN games :D
You'll love the anime ^-^

@KH Vandread: OMG, the claymation was hilarious :D :D :D My fangirl level went through the roof xD

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes, it is one of the best GCN games :D
You'll love the anime ^-^

@KH Vandread: OMG, the claymation was hilarious :D :D :D My fangirl level went through the roof xD

Really? I didn't care too much for it at first. I had an odd look on my face, I'm sure, as "what the hell?" went through my mind. But it was pretty amusing.

I'd have to say that the best moments of the episode was Raine nailing Lloyd in the forehead with the chalkstick and Kratos display of awesome badassery.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
It's not just one of the best GCN games, I'd say it's one of the best RPG's out there! =O If RPG's were more like it, I'd enjoy them alot more. XD

Haku

<3
I didn't know that they had something like this out there but if so I must see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back