• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sword Art Online: Recurrence

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Make sure to breath. A succession of quick small breaths escaped Kali’s lips. Breath. Side step. Since pondering her dilemma of finding a partner, she had realized how under leveled she was for how far she’d gotten into the game. No team would want someone who obviously didn’t fight too often. She’d made her way to the grasslands not too far from the 23rd level portal. Breath, Kali. Three wolf-like monsters surrounded her. Their occasional attacks, which consisted of lunging at her fangs bared, really kept her on her toes. She tried to focus on keeping her breathing steady. Calculated. One lunged for her left arm as another rushed low for her leg.

With a twirl, she dodged both of them and realized she was holding her breath. Mentally she scolded herself. If this were real life, she would have died just minutes from the encounter. A panic would overtake her and her mind would rush from one scenario to the next. All while her enemies destroyed her. In the game, however, everything was different. The world was clear. Her mind was clear. She could be whoever she wanted to be. So she chose to be composed and beautiful.

Her scythe materialized in her right hand as she spun away from another of the wolves. Without hesitation, Kali went on the offense. The scythe tore through one of the monsters and then another. Straight black hair whipping around as she spun to flay the final daemon. The foul beast dodged and lunged to counter. It’s thick head knocked into her torso, pushing her back a few feet. She coughed and watched her health fall slightly. Luckily, it hadn’t thought to use it’s teeth.

Taking a deep breath, she prepared her counter attack. This monster was obviously a higher level than it’s companions had been. Probably their leader. The Alpha. It waited, fangs out, slaver running from it’s mouth, watching her. She waited, watching it. And then she ran— as fast as the game would allow her— towards the monster. It leapt into the air as her scythe slashed at the space that it had previously occupied. The monster had leapt to the left of her and was lunging towards her with the intent to kill.

Her body spun with the scythe extended, hitting anything within a 3 foot range. Once. Twice. Thrice. On her third go around, she felt the scythe connect with the wolf’s body. It was heavy and then weightless as it dematerialized. She fell to the floor, breathing heavily. The Rapid Cyclone move was still too much at her level. It depleted her stamina to 2%.

A screen popped up showing the experience gained from the small encounter. Enough experience was awarded her that she gained a level. “That really shouldn’t have taken that long,” she sighed to herself, still catching her breath. “I really should go out hunting more often.” Mental note: Hunt more after the 30th level. She nibbled on a peach tart that she’d brought with her from home. Her stamina and health slowly rose.

"This boss is gonna be tough." She commented to the wind and dropped back into the tall grass to lay for several minutes.

LatinoHeat90

"I'm going to be keeping an eye on you. If your eyes start to wander, avert them. If your hands feel grabby, control yourself. If your lips are dry and in need of something sweet, then you drink some God-damn juice, understood? There may be hope for your honor yet, so DON'T disappoint me."

And with that I decided it wasn't worth fighting anymore. Obviously the samurai is an idiot and I won't be able to convince him I am not a pervert. Viola seemed reasonable, likable, which confused me. Why would she be with someone like the samurai? Perhaps if I knew more about dating and attraction I could answer that question. Viola sent me the party invite and pointed Musa in the right direction. Musa... Musashi? Wow, what a joke.

We finally made it to town. We browsed the market, restocking our inventories with items and equipment. The whole time I could feel the samurai's eyes on me, making sure I didn't do something pervy. He was wasting his time. I was more interested in finding a new set of armor. After some time I came to a decision. I picked a heavier set of armor that was heavily plated on the left shoulder. It would come in handy when I perform shoulder attacks or have to take some damage. Musashi and I am assuming Viola have great speed. I could play the tank role and take the damage while they deal it, as long as I don't get killed.

"Are we going to be alright? With the boss battle, I mean. You two are pretty strong and I can hold my own, but we're still just three people, you know? Aren't parties supposed to be like, a lot of people?"

We were in the middle of the town square when Viola brought up a good point. I had never taken out a boss with three people. The average number is four or five, at least. One person makes a difference, even more so in a boss fight. "You are right. Perhaps we should find someone else to join us." As soon as I said it I looked at Musashi and recalled what happened when I tried to join him and Viola. I looked at my index finger. I hope we don't have a similar situation next time.

A notification sound beeped in my menu. It was a timer I had set up to warn me when it was getting too late. We had been playing for a long time and I had plans for tomorrow, in the real world. "Guys, I have to get off and go to bed. It's getting late." I agreed to meet them in the square tomorrow. We would have to figure out our next move then. "Goodbye" I then logged out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I laid on the bed for a moment and thought about everything that had happened. I was such a pain, but I couldn't stop smiling. I was excited for the future and what my eccentric party might get into. My smile faded though. My parents aren't going to support me any longer so it is time to get a job. Earlier, I had walked by a cafe that had a helped wanted sign in the window. I took off the VR helmet and tried to sleep. Viola and Mushashi, doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back