• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Swearing: Why Can't We?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I had a word (numnuts) edited out by Kira and replaced with 'QUACK', personally I wouldn't consider numnuts a swear word, so I would like someone to give me an answer as to why we're not aloud to swear.

Honestly, I see no problem with swearing. It's a form of expresion and it's how I like to express myself.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Johnny Stooge said:
I had a word (numnuts) edited out by Kira and replaced with 'QUACK', personally I wouldn't consider numnuts a swear word, so I would like someone to give me an answer as to why we're not aloud to swear.

Honestly, I see no problem with swearing. It's a form of expresion and it's how I like to express myself.

I don't think we need 12 year olds running around talkin like adults :\

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Well I'm no where near to being even considered as an adult. I'm fourteen.

Also, I've been swearing since I was about 10. It's really not a big deal, they're just words.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I was swearing at age 9. I'm sure the 12 year olds won't be bothered by the swears; but I do see excessive swearing as making someone looking immature and stupid. There are other efficient words in the English language one could replace a swear with.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
One is capable of expressing their view without resorting to curse words. If they must be used, use them mildly.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
baka ushi said:
but I do see excessive swearing as making someone looking immature and stupid
Understandable, I hear it alot everyday. But I'm just saying, if I feel the need to swear, I should be able to. Though I wouldn't be swearing in every post.

For most cases when I use them, it's to describe something. There is no better adjective than 'ing' .

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Heck, I find much better words to say than swearing...eh, I've never said a cuss word in my life...though I can't say I haven't sworn (as in I swear I'll do this...).

Well, if you're just saying them, without the apostrophes or astericks or whatever you like to use, and the whole blinking word is out there for everyone to see, then yeah, I can understand saying that you're getting in trouble. But if you are using the astericks or apostrophes or whatnot, then you shouldn't get in trouble...but excessively? Using them overly and abusively in your posts is kinda rude, and at times uncalled for. Personally I find them offensive...though I tend to just block them and replace them in my own mind with a much better word (dingdong, goof, fudge, dang, crud, cram, idiot...so on).

Another way I look at it...just shows your incompetence to think of a better synonym. ;) And that's aimed mainly at all who cuss excessively, not just you.

T

Tidus22340

eh...i swear every once in a while...but its not cool to have 11 year olds (look at the birthdays and youll see what i mean) seeing that kinda stuff..so i refrain as much as possible.

Kira Haro

Unknown
I don't think we need 12 year olds running around talkin like adults :\

Exactly.

If you can't make a simple statement without using at least one swear, then you really aren't thinking things over correctly.

Let me state the reasons:

A) Insultive
B) Inflammatory
C) Vulgar, or " Deficient in taste, or refinement"

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Kira Haru Haro said:
Exactly.

If you can't make a simple statement without using at least one swear, then you really aren't thinking things over correctly.

Let me state the reasons:

A) Insultive
B) Inflammatory
C) Vulgar, or " Deficient in taste, or refinement"
What if it was directed as a compliment? Such as "That's f**king brilliant".

Also, I can't really see how they can be offensive. They're just words. We only think of them as bad because we're raised that way.

Who came up with the idea to make them "swear words" anyway?

its_beca

Johnny, it's impolite to swear. It doesn't matter whether it's supposed to be a compliment or not it's still considered rude. Try using the thing inside you skull and think of something a bit more worthy to read.

Don't take this the wrong way, you're still my drunk uncle and mild cursing is okay I guess, but please try not to anyway. Thanks.

Beca

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Johnny Stooge said:
What if it was directed as a compliment? Such as "That's f**king brilliant".

Also, I can't really see how they can be offensive. They're just words. We only think of them as bad because we're raised that way.

Who came up with the idea to make them "swear words" anyway?
Why can't you say "That's absolutely brilliant" or even "That's friggin brilliant"? Society created the language; society creates the standards.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Well. I don't see anything wrong with swearing, I normally don't swear myself, not even on Sora Destiny Forum, but I really don't see anything wrong. But if they say so, I guess. But in anycase. I got a question about that "V" in the bottom area of my lil box on the left. What does that mean? I just recntly saw it, well, actually, I recently returned, and I coudn't find a topic for this, so I'll ask of it here.

King Of The Dark

I guess you could swear but try to keep away from doing that. Try to use a better, polite word like instead of yelling swear words at someone just show some respect or something. Just don't swear and you won't get in any trouble it's that simple.

Last edited:

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Personally, you shouldn't be allowed to swear unless you can think of something else to say in place. But usually, swear/cuss words are intended for those who don't have the capacity or the insight to create a fresh word and replace it as a surrogate for cuss word. <_<

Oh...that would show who's online/offline. Blue is offline, white is online.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well someone made a I wanna cuss thread a few months ago. And Devon turned the cussword filter off for it. At that point cussing was aloud. o.o

"Don't take this the wrong way, you're still my drunk uncle and mild cursing is okay I guess, but please try not to anyway. Thanks."

So i guess hes your favorite uncle now. -.- xP

Anyway I see nothing wrong with swearing. If you want to add a swear word to your post go ahead, I wouldnt be offended. But just making a long sentence filled with Swears to win in an argument proves stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back