• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Surely Peppermint

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noel

Awards
I would probably consider this a copyrighting or a type uve' branding. For my Graphic Design class, we were tasked to make our own drink. I took that a step further and created Surely. It's literally a peppermint lemon/lime soda! The final thing was to make a advertisement for it. I managed to get some color harmony in and put the the logo of my drink on the back uve' the lifeguard stand thingy. I never would uve' thought uve' using noise on a black layer then screening it to make snow!

nD1kUqT.jpg

Last edited:

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
Awards
Looks great!, simple and clean, not much was done to this it doesn't seem like. It still looks nice. But the only thing I would recommend (not sure what program you used) but if it's PSCC I would recommend using the eraser and erasing some of the dust/ snow effects at lower part of the LP to give it more quality resolution over the stock. It's easier to find a nice texture that already has the effect you're trying to go for, vs sometimes making your own, then you can easily erase the parts you want. If you add more; 'orange lighting' over top of the logo and use either Overlay/Light Color/Vivid Light/Ligthen - saturation (one of those) by adjusting the effect quatanty, it'll give your LP/LOGO alittle more POP.

:)

Noel

Awards
Honestly I felt a little timid using the eraser tool to take some uve' the effects out, felt like if I did that it would somehow ruin the picture with some noncoherent reason I can't think uve'. /.\ Personally, I'm surprised that I produce something like this. As for finding a texture, looking for it on a school computer where everything is blocked. I was happy wallhaven wasn't on their radar yet.

One final thing though. Did you at all notice the pink bottle above the surfboard that was terribly put in last minute? xD

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
oh please fix that pink lemonade bottle

I actually really enjoy the typography in this. I think it's pretty pleasant to look at. That rain/snow texture could use some work. I'd either look for another one that is a bit sharper and maybe has smaller specks, or work on erasing bits of it, mainly the part that is over the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back