• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► suicidal friends

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dark___edge

At least you told him how much you cared for him. Do his parents know about his suicidal behaviour? He really needs to see someone quickly or get professional help. There's nothing much that you can do. It relys on himself and his parents. What you can do is tell him how much you care about him, boost his self esteem and try your best to make him see the positives in life. He needs another girlfriend... not someone who uses him like that. I've had this happen b4. My friend Melissa and my friend Kristi tried to commit suicide and I tried it before too. Just tell him what would happen to you and his friends if he committed suicide... how it would affect you and his parents and his friends... etc. He probably won't commit suicide and hopefully he won't. He's very depressed... if he threatens to commit suicide again, call the hospital or bring him there. They will know what to do.

darkshadow666

nothing from nowhere im no one at all....
he keeps looking depressed at school.
yesterday i was in a meeting for a club called S.A.V.E (students against violence everywhere) which i joined FOR HIM because they talk about suicide and how to help people. he kept coming in and saying "i need to talk to you now." and i couldnt...then the meeting was out at the end of lunch. he wants to break up with his girlfriend because i made him see that shes the cause of the whole thing, but if i know her she'll put him on a guilt trip and he'll end up feeling worse.
i think ill have to eventually say something to her. me and my friend Sharleen are both worried about him. he kept her from committing suicide last year, so she thinks that if she cant keep him from it then she'll go crazy or get addicted to drugs or something.

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
That's horrible. D: You should really say something to that bitch of a girlfriend he has. I know I would. I'm glad you got into that S.A.V.E thing. It should really help. You should use some of that advice they gave you on suicidal friends, if you haven't yet.

Morning Twilight

wow. Ok, I've felt like this plenty of times before, and I go to www.freewebs.com/helmofsalvation. They have plenty of people who know what they're talking about. They help me out a lot. It's anonymous, you do it on your own time. No shrinks, no appointments, no picking. They know what they're doing and they tailor to the desires of the person. They are non-proffit and just want to help.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
That almost sounds inhumane, but try to help him the best you can...The internet is not the greatest help for help/support... anything coming from your heart/mind is

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Sadly I've had a lot of friends like this.. and I've even lost someone. It's not actually something which is discussed often over here, but it's still a big issue T_T. I've had to act as counseller amidst my friends on numerous occasions.

The key point is proving life is worth it. No matter how depressed you are, there will always be at least something to appreciate in life. Imagine yourself to be within a small torchlight. The world around you is coated in darkness. In that tiny speck you cannot see much ahead of you, nor behind, and you are trapped. You need to expand that light and see what there is around you, the positives :).

I know how tough it can be, truly. I've been through it myself. You just can't give up, and neither can your friend. Be there for him like you always have been. Show him the world, and your happiness. Prove to him this is a single shot at what should be a fantastic and enjoyable life.

You can do it, and so can he. Just broaden the horizons, and with perseverance you can try and convince him otherwise.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
my friends are about as emo as they come. and it pisses me off sometimes. I have this one friend that wasn't exactly emo- but now he definitely is and he wants to kill himself.

a little about him-yes I know.
he has a girlfriend. she uses him. but hes put up with it for 3 years. now hes fed up with her and wants to leave. he told her it was over. and they eventually f***ed each other by the pool. the first time he called me he said that there was no point to life and that no one would care.
I TRIED TO TELL HIM I CARED AND SO DID MY FRIEND. AND THAT IF HE DIES EVERYONE WOULD BE HURT. he's the kinda guy that isnt joking when he says stuff like this either (and before anyone can make any comments about how I'm 14...he's 17.) he called me and stayed on the phone with me for 3 hours because i wouldnt let him go. I was terrified that he was gonna do it. I CRIED to him and BEGGED him not to.
that was last week.
now he told his girlfriend that he wants to kill himself. and she didnt care and flirted with some other guy. now he's dodging traffic on a busy street as we speak. i know he wont die from getting hit by a car...but that just means that HES REALLY SERIOUS. I LIVE BY THIS STREET AND IM WATCHING HIM RIGHT NOW.
hes kept me sane for the whole 4 years I've known him. if he kills himself I'll need alot of therapy and i dont want to have to tell a psychiatrist about some of the things that go through my head.

Now-how serious am I?
He gave me the password to his sacred computer.
He gave me some CDs of his that he thought I'd like.
He's told me everything he wanted me to tell his girlfriend when he was gone.
He's giving me pieces of advice that are like.......not things that people should say.
He refuses to talk to me about how he's gonna do it because i asked him and he scared me (which made me cry)

help please...
i dont want him to die...
i dont want to be screwed up for the rest of my life...

Okay, he can die getting hit by a car, I don't see how he'd live.
Also, didn't he break up with his girlfriend? Why'ed they have sex after that?

And well.....and can't say much different then what you've already been told. Get him out of the streets, convince him that you need him, and try to make his life seem brighter.

dark___edge

or what u can do is take him out to different places and show your friend a good time. that helps and it usually gets their minds off of things.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Try anything that will tell him that you care, I still don't understand why people do that. *frowns* I know that I have my any down in the dumps moments. But then again, everyone does. There's days in the sun moments, then there's days were you just want to give up.

But you have to push past the hard times, that makes the good times just all the better. After all, like this one song I happen to be listening to at the current moment. Below is some of the lyrics.

I've had my moments, days in the sun. Moments I was second to none, moments when I knew I did what I thought I couldn't do. Like that plane ride coming home from the war, that summer my son was born; and memories like a coat so warm. A cold wind can't get through, lookin' at me now you might not know it. But I've had my moments.

I can only agree with others, you have to try hard to tell him that you care. Take him out somewhere away from his problems, he needs to get his mind off of things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back