• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Story plot: When did Nomura stray from the plan?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

If so, when did Nomura get off track with the storyline

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
My answer is complicated. Yes, he intended to end after KH1, I don't think very many people doubt that. Then he made a new storyline for CoM and 2, developing as he went. The difference between "moderate change" and "totally different idea" can be very fine, but I feel CoM is still pointing toward the same general direction as KH2. Or at least, the same general direction KH2 was trying to go...

See, what I feel is that KH2 screws up its own storyline, internally. The amount of deleted scenes in FM+ attest to that. I see FM+ and three games that follow, especially coded, as partial salvage jobs on the damage done by KH2. I have a guess what Nomura was trying to do thanks to those games, but it's hard to say for certain. In the end, you can't really continue from the ending of KH2 except by rebuilding it somehow.

I can't say much about DDD until KH3 is done, since they're essentially the same story. DDD might be trying to pick up where KH2 was trying to land, or maybe it can't get there any more and is doing its own thing. But I feel DDD has been consistent with the post-KH2 trilogy, which has been good enough for me.

KH3 can still totally make DDD bad in hindsight, though, so let's just wait and see.

tl;dr: KH1 was one story; CoM and KH2 are a second story; BBS, Days, coded, KHX and DDD are a third story.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Good thing more came after the 1st, cause that ending would be driving me mad to this day.

You and me both. Many say they cried back in 02 when they first beat KH1 but I was outright pissed. lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
Literally my reaction: "HE LET HER GO WOOOOOOOOOW" *Throws controller while sobbing* "WHY!?"

I couldn't even form words. xD I felt like all those weeks went to waste with that ending back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back