• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

StarWars Battlefront 1&2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer_snake

did you people play SWB 1 or 2 before????i have played SWB1&2 and it RoXXX,the problem in SWB 1 is,you cant play a jedi hero~:mad: what is star wars if you cant play a jedi hero?:eek:

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Fun. Entertaining. You know, a good game. The Jedi makes the game worse. Anybody can run around an OHKO everybody on the other team, pick up the flag, and then sprint back to their base. The Jedi is almost like a fail-safe noob weapon, IMO. It doesn't take much skill to use it.

IMO, SWB1 > SWB2 Levels were way better. The only good part about SWB2 is that it has space battles. That's it.

Unknown Zinko

Star wars battlefront 1 was horrible. Short game play and very repetitive.

Haven't play 2 yet, but based on one i dont plan on it.

Jin_TheSwordsmen

Dark warrior
I loved both. The first one I liked cause of the fast game play and how unpredictable it was. 2 is a big improvement, with the playable heroes and the huge maps and the space combat. It does a good job at what it does. Oh also more vehicels and the balanced it out better...oh also new classes. THe graphics are better and it's addictive. Oh and theres a really good story this time around. So I say screwith youith to those who hated it

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I've played both and have to say BAttlefront 1 is still my favorite. The main problem I had with BF2 is that the ally AI is incredibly dumb and the vehicles have absolutely no purpose on the battlefield now( I destroyed an AT-AT with a blaster rifle. A blaster rifle!). Plus the enemy AI on the PS2 version aren't allowed to choose a hero to counter your hero so that was no fun. All in all, I thought BF1 was the more superior, more war like game.

Battlefront 1- 9/10
Battlefront II- 6/10

K

Kegluneq

I never wanted to play Battlefront 1 in the first place. 2 is one of the best games out there. My brother found a glitch where you can get outside the ships onfoot in space missions.

Dark_Keyblade

I havent played BF1 but i have BF2 and so far i love it! The AI is kinda dumb but i did find it pretty hard getting through Princess Lea's ship. There were tons of them and many had rockets and all were tossin nades. The online play is Awsome as long as you dont have more than 8 players, after that it lags a bit.

Star Wars: BattleFront II 8.5/10

K

Kegluneq

Me and my friends had a system link hooked up and we experienced lag constantly + there were only 5 people.

starry_eyed_hero

Banishing Blade said:
Fun. Entertaining. You know, a good game. The Jedi makes the game worse. Anybody can run around an OHKO everybody on the other team, pick up the flag, and then sprint back to their base. The Jedi is almost like a fail-safe noob weapon, IMO. It doesn't take much skill to use it.
Actually, you're wrong. I know many players who just plain arent very good with heroes. Also, if you havent noticed, SWB2 happens to include a regular unit for each army who's specialty is taking down heroes:
Republic = Clone Commander
Separatists = Magnaguard
Rebels = Bothan Spy(or Wookie Warrior, depending on your skill w/ a bowcaster)
Empire = Dark Trooper

Also, you have to remember that not all heroes in this game use lightsabers or force powers. Just look at Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and Jango Fett. They are all unlockable heroes, and none of them have lightsabers or force powers.

Honestly, there's only 4 lightsaber and/or force power using heroes, that I can really consider to be cheap. Those 4 are Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, The Emperor, and Count Dooku. They all share the same reason for their cheapness. Two words: FORCE CHOKE! Force Choke is unavoidable, unstoppable, and inescapable. Not only does it always do devastating damage, but if the user's stamina is high enough, it can even kill you in one hit.(a lightsaber dash also usually kills in one hit, but that can be easily avoided)

Aside from those 4, all other Jedi/Sith can easily be defeated with just the right amount of skill.

King Sora_Strife said:
I destroyed an AT-AT with a blaster rifle. A blaster rifle
Ya know what? I think you're forgetting to tell us some of the other things that happened in that scenario. Such as the fact that you used Codebreaker or Action Replay to increase the power on your blaster rifle. Or perhaps that you were standing inside your base firing at unmanned AT-AT for approximately 2 hours? Or possibly that the AT-AT had already sustained heavy damage from an hours worth of rockets, grenades, and time bombs?

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
I havent played it but it looks like a good game.

Jin_TheSwordsmen

Dark warrior
starry_eyed_hero said:
Actually, you're wrong. I know many players who just plain arent very good with heroes. Also, if you havent noticed, SWB2 happens to include a regular unit for each army who's specialty is taking down heroes:
Republic = Clone Commander
Separatists = Magnaguard
Rebels = Bothan Spy(or Wookie Warrior, depending on your skill w/ a bowcaster)
Empire = Dark Trooper

Also, you have to remember that not all heroes in this game use lightsabers or force powers. Just look at Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and Jango Fett. They are all unlockable heroes, and none of them have lightsabers or force powers.

Honestly, there's only 4 lightsaber and/or force power using heroes, that I can really consider to be cheap. Those 4 are Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, The Emperor, and Count Dooku. They all share the same reason for their cheapness. Two words: FORCE CHOKE! Force Choke is unavoidable, unstoppable, and inescapable. Not only does it always do devastating damage, but if the user's stamina is high enough, it can even kill you in one hit.(a lightsaber dash also usually kills in one hit, but that can be easily avoided)

Aside from those 4, all other Jedi/Sith can easily be defeated with just the right amount of skill.

Ya know what? I think you're forgetting to tell us some of the other things that happened in that scenario. Such as the fact that you used Codebreaker or Action Replay to increase the power on your blaster rifle. Or perhaps that you were standing inside your base firing at unmanned AT-AT for approximately 2 hours? Or possibly that the AT-AT had already sustained heavy damage from an hours worth of rockets, grenades, and time bombs?
It's true. As a clone sodior I've killed Jedis. Also it takes a hela lot of rockets let alone rifle fire to kill and AT AT

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
starry_eyed_hero said:

No, I did not use codes. I don't need codes on BF. And yes, it sustained damage from rockets and grenades before I shot at it. But that's fine. The fact is, no matter how low it's life is, it shouldn't be taken down by a mere blaster rifle. AT-AT's are suppose to have armor so thick that only a grenade, a rocket launcher, or a tank can do damage. A blaster rifle should have no effect on the AT-AT even if the thing has only 1% of life.

Bao_Miaura

Tomboy ice fighter
King Sora_Strife said:
No, I did not use codes. I don't need codes on BF. And yes, it sustained damage from rockets and grenades before I shot at it. But that's fine. The fact is, no matter how low it's life is, it shouldn't be taken down by a mere blaster rifle. AT-AT's are suppose to have armor so thick that only a grenade, a rocket launcher, or a tank can do damage. A blaster rifle should have no effect on the AT-AT even if the thing has only 1% of life.
dude that can actully happen. If a tank in the real world too kalot of damage there are times when a couple shots of a gun will blow it up. Ever heard of armor piercing bullets. Besides these are lazors so think about it.

Blaze125

Jin_TheSwordsmen said:
I loved both. The first one I liked cause of the fast game play and how unpredictable it was. 2 is a big improvement, with the playable heroes and the huge maps and the space combat. It does a good job at what it does. Oh also more vehicels and the balanced it out better...oh also new classes. THe graphics are better and it's addictive. Oh and theres a really good story this time around. So I say screwith youith to those who hated it

I owned and beat both the first night i owned em but there still fun to play even online im preaty good im a general with like 11.84 kills per death my file rules witch shows how much i play it

starry_eyed_hero

Dark_Keyblade said:
Just gimme a sniper rifle and i can pwn any jedi out there :D
Oh a sniper might be able to kill me as a Jedi, but the thing is, when I'm playing as a hero, I prefer not to play as a Jedi.

Personally, my favorite hero to play as is Jango Fett. Try playing as Jango sometime and I'm sure you'll love it. In case you dont know, here's Jango's weapon set:

Primary Weapon 1 - Custom Blaster Pistol(basically a handheld sniper rifle, which also gets great accuracy at close range)
Primary Weapon 2 - Flamethrower
Secondary Weapon 1 - Rocket Launcher
Secondary Weapon 2 - Time Bomb(if you're playing Assault at Mos Eisley, get on the edge of a rooftop and drop this sucker off the edge of the building. you'd be surprised how many people get pwned.)

Not to mention, Jango also comes complete with an ever-useful Jetpack. Great for quick escapes.

(p.s. I just thought of another great use for Jango's time bomb. Go to a big group of people fighting, and just hover over them with your jetpack. Drop a time bomb into the fray and then fly off.)

King Sora_Strife said:
You're not thinking realistically.

Ok, imagine that a small child is attempting to break a very hard, thick piece of wood. The child is too weak and is unable to even make a crack in the wood. Someone then takes a knife and carves out an area in the middle of the wood. That area is now made smaller and is thus weakened by the knife. The child now tries to break the wood and is easily able to snap it at that weakened area.

Now, imagine that the child is a Rebel trooper with a blaster rifle, the wood is the at-at's armor, and a knife is a slew of rockets and grenades. Do you understand now?

crowmaster

it's great to fight hero face-to-face battles in multiplayer. i loved SWBF2, with the space battles! i think the best hero is darth maul, with the taijutsu thingy. either that or yoda, he's extremely fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back