• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Starting out. Just wondering.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
At level 40, you could arguably beat the game. I'm sure you'll be fine.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
You were right Dark. And megaflare saved me on those jellys! Bam, dead. That took care of THAT problem.

Beat some battles in Mirage Arena, I'll keep at that b/c I need to get my rank up I think to actually get the one fight where I'll get that report.

I may keep the keychain from Deep Space on for a little bit, even tho the Olympia one is better strength.

Also will look to see if I need to do any more melding, then it's off to Neverland, then back to get every sticker in the game that I missed, then once I have the last one I'll place them.

Xelon99

Awards
To get to the arena battle for the report you'd have to do other things than the battles as well. The Racing and Board for example. They're not that hard so it might be good to do those when you've got the time. To unlock all races, you'd have to win them in Disney Town first though.

You'll also get the Ultima from the Arena if you care for it. Or you can use any other keyblade, that doesn't matter too much

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Actually I was doing battles before I got going and..I unlocked it. Was a surprise when I did that fight and bam, report. (I didn't even know it was the fight for the report, honestly.)

Got the Xenohort report early, unless there's two there. Anyway discovered that Sonic Impact was the key to getting a lot of stickers when I got to Neverland (should of equipped it sooner) so I leveled that up and got all the stickers but the last one (which is in the final area)

I now have Terra's final Keyblade, and should be going for the last parts of his story (and the final sticker) today. Then Ven's next.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
Then I already forgot which battle unlocked the report... thought it was a much later one. Better then though! Would've been easier if they'd they'd show those rewards actually in hindsight

Just one in the Arena, the others are unlocked in the story. The last sticker is in the Tornado area right behind the middle rock. You'd just need high jump for it, but I suppose it's easier when there's no tornadoes bothering you

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Got them and got them arranged for full points, and beat Terra's part of the game.(Man that last boss was nasty) Poor Terra, I hope he can set things right.

Started the next with Ventus, (I'm sticking with Critical Mode all the way obviously) had some trouble with the boss in Snow White's world, but then I gritted my teeth and went and leveled to 5. That tree got turned into firewood then.

I'll prolly start racing to get Exp Walker right away (I tend to save at the arena anyway) then look into decks for Ven; I know I proly won't get the best abilities all at once but I'd rather do better than with Terra :).

Xelon99

Awards
I do like Terras ending actually. It connects a whole lot with KH2. I'm still busy with Aqua, even though I'm not really able to play atm.

For Ventus all reports are story related, so no need to do any side stuff. Personally I always get around 10-15 in the first world somehow, mainly through melding.

Oh and Ven has one extremely good command. Time Splicer. It's good for both mob enemies and bosses. With that ability I took down most bosses at once, though I was on standard mode

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll make sure to fuse that asap then. Anyway I'm in the second world now, proly going to level up some more before I go messing with a kitteh lol. (I thought that was funny. Ven = Gus! XD And if you haven't watched Disney's Cinderella, that's the fat mouse tho Ven isn't fat! Tho keyblade welder being a mouse is a real laugh, even tho it's a pain too. XD)

Had to check a walkthough to find out where to get the thread. It's a little different than the movie but it's still fun.

[Edit] Ok, finally though Sleeping Beauty's world. Got Exp Walker now, am going to go through the list and figure out what abilities I want and figure out Ven's deck before I go face his dark twin. ^^

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
For Ventus all reports are story related, so no need to do any side stuff. Personally I always get around 10-15 in the first world somehow, mainly through melding.

That's not quite true: there's one in a chest, it's just a really obvious chest and I'm not sure why they bothered.

Aqua gets one obvious chest and one moderately hidden chest.

Xelon99

Awards
That's not quite true: there's one in a chest, it's just a really obvious chest and I'm not sure why they bothered.

Aqua gets one obvious chest and one moderately hidden chest.
You're right, I looked up where it is... geez. Both obvious and hidden. Guess that's why I forgot about it

I'll make sure to fuse that asap then. Anyway I'm in the second world now, proly going to level up some more before I go messing with a kitteh lol. (I thought that was funny. Ven = Gus! XD And if you haven't watched Disney's Cinderella, that's the fat mouse tho Ven isn't fat! Tho keyblade welder being a mouse is a real laugh, even tho it's a pain too. XD)

Had to check a walkthough to find out where to get the thread. It's a little different than the movie but it's still fun.

[Edit] Ok, finally though Sleeping Beauty's world. Got Exp Walker now, am going to go through the list and figure out what abilities I want and figure out Ven's deck before I go face his dark twin. ^^

Yeah kinda wondered why they only put Jaq in there. They both are quite important to the story, though I suppose Ven makes him a bit obsolete. And it bothers me that Jaq speaks in his strange english while the subs are regular. Anyone else bothered by that?

Good luck on making the list then. Every time I try to make one, I have to look several times on sites anyway because listing every way to meld it still makes a huge list... Suppose it's easier to go for one command and meld that one specifically

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay, got to radiant garden and gone now. Also have Time Splicer now, I'll be checking for a easy way to get Once More then some other stuff in simple ways. Thinking about doing Thunder Roll for Olympia (Walkthough mentioned that)

And not too bothered by Jaq. He talked like that in the movie, but I guess they replaced Gus with Ven just cuz. ^^

Also I'll be more careful about finding chests. Once I have Ven's movement abilities, that's something I'm going to do besides stickers before I go to the end. Rather NOT miss the secret ending b/c I missed a report...

Xelon99

Awards
Easiest way to get Once More is melding Fira + Fira + Wellspring. It's faster than leveling Thunders with some other command. And personally I never saw use in Thunder Roll

It's a good idea to generally get all secret items in any game imo. Who knows what's in there. But then again I always try to get the full 100% in games if it's possible.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Depends with me.

Anyway thanks, got Once More now (Since I was going to make Time Splicer anyway, that's where I got Second Chance. Seemed like a good idea to me.)

Going to see if I can work on Magic Haste, Cure Potency and Ability Haste (I'll check the list and try to find something simple for all of those)

The use for thunder roll they mentioned is you have to face a million jellys; roll around, kill + can't get hit at all. Haha. ^^ But it's only for the one fight so not sure if it'd be worth it. Not unless I can get a good ability in the bargain...

[Edit] btw, I offically hate ice cream beat.

I got 600 and some points at best so far with the sound off. I'll keep trying once my sister quits nagging me every 10 minutes, which does not help my concentration!! Ugh. It can die in a fire. Hopefully I can get the thousand points to pass it pretty soon.

[edit again] It occurred to me that the brother who helped me get that puzzle piece in KH2 had played a lot of Guitar Hero too. So decided to ask him "hey, could you get me past this bloody awful minigame?" Took him 3-4 tries b/c he's more used to the Xbox, but he got though it. Thanks Geoff!

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
Makes sense I suppose. At least the roll does some slight damage. It always helps a bit

You're lucky with such a brother then. That minigame is arguable the hardest minigame in the entire KH series. It'll be the one reason I wont be beating BBS on 100%. Luckily it's not needed for the secret endings

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Xel; Yeah I know. I am NOT going to ask him to beat more than the one you have to beat for the story though. Would not be fair and I can do without the command style.

But Geoff did get "Ew, evil minigame I can't get by, can you see if you can clear this plzkthnkz?"

Hopefully Fruitball isn't as bad.

Anyway I'm thinking about going for dark screen (Thinking about Ven's dark twin) as well.

Xelon99

Awards
Fruitball is a bit annoying, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. You'd only need to aim slightly and the timing isn't nearly as hard to get. That shouldn't be a problem

Any Screen ability is good to have for sure. I can't remember how much Darkness-type attacks Vanitas has in the fights, other than the Lingering Sentiment one. He does go down pretty fast. The only ability I know from my head that's good and can grant you the Dark Screen is Tornado. Ventus exclusive and very strong against mobs and bosses alike.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I used blackout since I'm looking for simple right now (and get it of my hair!) but I'll go for Tornado too. Blackout doesn't take a lot of melding and can get you that too.

Anyway just got a piece of paper and got a list of the melds I want to do for the moment, but I need to look into better commands + prolly a better shotlock in case Van comes down to dualing shotlocks. I'm level 40 tho, so might not be a big deal.

Xelon99

Awards
I never really cared for the status commands like Sleep or Blackout. Never worked right for me so far I'd notice. But they're fast and indeed don't take a lot

At level 40 you'll be fine for sure. Besides you're not at the end just yet. The best shotlock for Ven is the Multivortex, which you'll get from the Keepers of the Arena battle in the Mirage Arena. But unless you want to go unlock that, just stick with the one you prefer using most.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Gotcha, then proly won't worry about it as long as I got a good one maxed out.

Anyway thinking about going for Ars Arcanum and Tornado, then going for Neverland. After that it'll be sticker hunting. Might think about Faith or Salvation; don't want too many abilities that take up two slots. ^^ And with Time Splicer that will make two.

Also this might be a little woa but I hope they don't have the limits of command decks in KH3. It's fine for what it is (after all this was originally a portable game!) but I liked being able to have all my spells at once. Hopefully whatever they come up with will be based on it but be a little different. ^^ Headcanon for me here is there's different styles of using a keyblade, and the heroes we know use a slightly different style than these folks. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back