• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Starting out. Just wondering.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
The triple ones do take quite some time to reload. But then in exchange they are very powerful. I'd say they're better suited for boss fights than mob fights though. My deck for her currently consists of Thundaras, Curas and Firas. All leveling to become the Ga version. Also a good idea if you haven't already, is to meld Renewal Barrier. One of the first things I create when I have access to Cure.

I do think it's a bit weird Aqua isn't able to cast Tornado or Meteor. I understand the link between names, but those are magic commands. But then again, Raging Storm is quite strong as well.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll meld them for switching in for bosses then, and get me that Renewal Block. Just looked it up; that sounds very nice.

Anyway past Deep Space, I'll get on the melding before I get to Neverland, I think I have to fool with Van again. Ha. Then it'll be leveling abilities and time to get the stickers I believe before I go to the end.

Also figured that the high ones are slow; that's why I have the abilities maxed out that speed reloading. There's one that speeds it even more if you're hurting but I like to play it safe and don't get in the red on purpose. Not that I don't get smacked around sometimes, I do. But I prefer not to do it on purpose.

Xelon99

Awards
Yup, when it's maxed out it'll heal you quite a bit. And since it's a barrier, it's even more useful. That's the main reason I prefer playing with Aqua actually.

I've just beat the Ice Titan actually. I'm nearly level 30 on Standard mode, one Firestorm and the Titan went down instantly. It's funny when you're too overpowered. Also funny to see the scene between Zack and Aqua afterwards again. From what I remember, Aqua's end is quite annoying. You'll need to block a lot. So once again, Renewal Barrier will be more useful than you can imagine

The only reason you'd need to get to red on purpose is if you'd be grinding levels with Megaflare and exp chance. I prefer to get all abilities unlocked asap, then look at the few extras I'm missing. Not like they're hard to meld with that guide present

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Kk, got though that. Letting the controller charge right now (actually off my PC at the moment and not the PS3; Neko asked me not to use the ps3 to charge it since he's chikken. It's a original BC model and he doesn't want it to YOLD; once i have some spare money I'm thinking about sending it to Gophermods for a cleanout + preventive matienence anyway since you can't get another like it now easily. I don't want it to YOLD either.)

Once I have the stickers and level up a bit more to be sure (I'm at level 42ish; rather overlevel juuuuust a tad) it'll be to the end. Then I'll get DDD off Amazon, luckily it's back down to 25 ish bucks now. /phew

I was also level 30ish when I beat Ice Titan; one round of Time Splicer and he was down, lol. Was kinda funny after how his big daddy is in KH1. ^^

Xelon99

Awards
I'm calling it a day, right before Vanitas in Neverland. He'll be easy as I have a Time Splicer and Surges. Wont take longer than a minute. I'm level 31 soo...

I never heard of a ps3 going Yellow over simply charging? I charge mine all the time on there. Never read much on the YOLD, but if it's the same as RROD on xbox, you shouldn't be worried as long as your console is positioned well enough and kept dust free.

DDD is just 25 bucks now? In stores here it's still 40... geez. Luckily I already got it though. The AR function is pretty funny actually. And once you get it, you can actually print more AR cards if you feel like it. Seeing how Nintendo doesn't sell them anymore I believe...

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
It's positioned okay I think; I mean to take the vacuum to the outside vents tho. They are pretty dusty.

Just so you know, the first models of PS3 are kinda mm..susceptible to YOLD; was a not very good quality thermal grease problem and the fans were kinda crappy. That's why Gophermods has a service where you can send your PS3 in to be cleaned, new fans put on that are stronger, and change the thermal grease for Arctic Silver (which is the best thermal grease on the market) 'Neko is just being a little chicken since this is the first time since he got it that it's got such hard use. Oh and it randomly has a "giving you the finger" boot problem, as in it won't full boot up and yells about no storage (Aftermarket hdd) and I have to turn it off at the back and turn it back on to get it to boot.

But yeah, in this case, a ounce of prevention is worth a happy brother and a pound of cure. ^^

Also DDD is anywhere from 25-35 bucks USD on Amazon. (At least on the USA site.) I wanted a new copy; it went up for a while to 40 bucks USD. This is from aftermarket sellers though, Amazon does not sell it direct anymore. Tho yar, I'd rather have new; didn't want to touch it with a 20 foot pole tho until I was caught up since I'd missed a lot of the games sadly.

Also I'm looking at the US version of it of course. The EU version might still be sky high :frown:.

[Edit] BEAT IT. Got blank points like i'd hoped! And the secret episode. Just for those that haven't made it yet;

1. There are dark spots that'll push you back. Jump on them and they'll carry you high.
2. Lots of killing heartless, I'd suggest having a nasty group spell for the last spot if you can. I died once, only survived b/c of a lot of cartwheel and timing cures.
3. Final boss of the area; my suggestion, stay calm and cartwheel a lot, and Time Splicer/attack hard, low and fast when you can. Yes, stay calm and DODGE!

Anyway that was great. I'll prolly start the game no one in the house could stomach after Mom died (Ni No Kumi; 'Neko bought it right before mom died and had to stop when she died b/c of the subject matter. Just so folks know, Mom died of chemo complications; 3-4 infections she got in the hospital; I'm still hoping things get better since we still got problems a year later.) while I wait for DDD(that'll be here in a week); I'll start a thread for DDD if I need help. If anyone wants to say grats, that's fine, but otherwise this is over. :cool:

At least with this game, Critical Mode is no sweat. ^^

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Good luck with Ni No Kuni, maryadavies, I know what it's like to not be able to pick something up after the death of a loved one.

If you were okay with Critical Mode in this game, you'll want to play Proud in DDD. In fact, if your copy of DDD is used, you might get lucky and find one where Critical Mode is unlocked? No promises, but don't delete any old save files until you've checked. It's stupid that Critical is locked, but that's the way it is.

Xelon99

Awards
Taking a Vacuum to the vents might not be a good idea. I'm not sure how sturdy the ps3 ones are, but in general a vacuum cleaner is way too powerful for consoles and PCs. Either open the console up and clean it with a dry cloth, or buy some airspray or a special computer vacuum. Better be safe than sorry. Gopher does sound very good then though. Not sure if anything like that is here where I live. But my good ol' fattie is still running smoothly. Aside from HDMI cables. The only problem it has is internet related, which is fine because it's not plugged in. Not a big deal

I've heard a lot of the Secret Episode boss... seemed really hard to beat but I'll see for myself. I think the only problems I'd have with this game are the secret bosses, but that's it. Ice Cream Beat can melt in a corner for all I care

Now I do wonder if I beat DDD on Critical yet or not... I'll see later.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll proly do Proud in DDD (Easier to unlock stuff/secret ending that way anyway I think?) but I know I paid for a new copy so no unlocks. (Don't laugh, I like new copies when possible. Especially with DS games; those are way too pirateable, and if I buy used I'd like to see the game. With some games, pirate copies are a problem)

I'll not use the vacuum then. Prolly just dust those vents off with a cloth to be safe; they look pretty sturdy but better safe than sorry. And hopefully after I scrounge the $$ for the PS4 I want, I'll save up to get it sent to Gophermods. That HDD problem is just annoying, but not crippling.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
The unlock requirements for DDD are achievement-based (same happened in coded, and sort of in BBS:FM with the Keyslinger trophy, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same in KH3). But they're not easy achievements, so except for a few like the kills trophy, you'll be working for many them. Which is all the more reason to play in Proud, so you can coast on the ones you'll get easily.

Beginner needs 13, Standard needs 7, Proud needs 5, Critical doesn't need any. But you get one free trophy for beating the game, and one for beating it in Proud, so in a manner of speaking, the numbers are really 12, 6, and a teeny-tiny 3 for Proud. You can easily swipe that up with things like the Reality Shift trophy, which isn't even trying.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Great job. Glad to hear that you blazed through this game no problem.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your mother. Losing a close family member is always hard no matter what age. It's nice to hear that you're now overcoming that by picking up Ni No Kumi again. Good luck.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks for the warning Black. Me, trophies are mostly icing on the cake (I usually don't actively chase them) but I'll remember that once my copy gets here. And yeah, if they do that for 3, I'll prolly do Proud on that one too to avoid having to chase too many. Might try a proud mode game on 2 later if I really get bored but I don't see the need really except for getting used to the difficulty.

And thanks kuraudo. It's been rough, in more ways than one. And it's not "again"; Neko was the one that abandoned that game. It's "pick it up for the first time". Just..no one in the house could even stand it after Mom's sudden death..we thought for a while she'd get better. :frown:

[Edit] Also I forgot to say this, but Nimoy was awesome in this. I hope since I seriously doubt that they'll avoid Xenohort in 3, that they find a sound alike that can hold a candle to him. However, I'm all "Let KH3 take care of KH3, voice work wise", so we will see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back