• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Starlight vs. Fairy Stars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmidt

Awards
Hallo!

I'm breaking my head for quite some time now. I'm currently using Olympia and it's the best keyblade for my medals right now, but I consider changing keyblades, if I get three specific medals.

Those are:
  • Kairi EX ill.
  • Ava EX
  • Gula EX

And now I can't decide, if I should use Starlight or Fairy Stars. I mean, yea Fairy Stars is pretty much better with all it's good Multipliers and progamers using it in all the YouTube Videos, but I'm looking at that with my own medals and Starlight would pretty much fit too. Let me Show what I mean:

If I manage to get the three medals I mentioned earlier, I would use following six Medals:
  • Kairi EX ill.
  • Ava EX
  • Gula EX
  • Roxas EX
  • HD Xion
  • Key Art Sky

(Everything is fully guilted.)

Now the following Setups:

Starlight (Level 37):
Kairi EX ill. - 2,40x
Roxas EX - 2,60x
HD Xion - 2,80x
Gula EX - 2,80x
Ava EX - 2,80x
Key Art Sky - 2.40~2.70x

With that Setup I can make use of every Multiplier Slot of Starlight and even my Kairi EX would do some nice Damage. With copying Ava EX I would not just do nice damage, but also get very good defense. I have Extra Attack on Key Art Sky - so I would have PSM-Defense Up by 6 Turns in the first round. I could use this Setup for EVERYTHING - Colliseum, Multiplayer and raiding. But I have one fear: Colliseum.

When I get stuck I would use the following Setup:
Kairi EX ill. - 2,40x
Key Art Sky - no Multiplier
HD Xion - 2,80x
Gula EX - 2,80x
Ava EX - 2,80x
Roxas EX - 2,40~2,70x

But in those situations I lose the second Slot for Upright Speed with a 2,60x Multiplier. And when I'm only using the last three keyblade Slots I just could use Fairy Stars because the last three Multipliers are just insane.

Fairy Stars (Level37)
Kairi EX ill. - no Multiplier
Key Art Sky - no Multiplier
Ava EX - 2,80x
HD Xion - 3,00x
Gula EX - 3,30x
Roxas EX - 2,40~2,70x

This Setup would rock in Colliseum, because of Upright Buff +6. But I would lose the +6 PSM-Defense in 1 turn, because I would not be able to copy Ava EX and I lose the first two Multiplier Slots.

And that is my Dilemma. I could just use Fairy Stars for brutal damage, but I Need this defense for doing Multiplayer solo and for potential Hades Cups.

And theres my question: Is the ultimate Buff with Kairi EX ill + 4 Attack Medals stronger as just one Buff with Kairi EX ill. but 5 Attack Medals?

It would be nice, if anyone could give me advice, who has experience with those Keyblades and share a similiar keyblade-setup as mine.

Thank you.

Schmidt

Last edited:

pras12

Awards
Hallo, Schmidt!

Honestly, I don't think that Starlight is worth it. I mean, it's a good keyblade (I still use it sometimes because I have the right medals) but I think that Fairy Stars has the priority. Right now I have a setup that's similar to your hypothetical FS setup: Naminé HD - Kairi EX - Invi EX - Xion HD - Lingering Will.
Like you said, it's brutal and perfect for Coliseum. I know, that 6+ defense boost looks good, but with a good defense boost skill on Kairi I don't have many problems surviving in raids and multiplayer, quite the opposite.
Almost every player on JP that has Kairi EX copy it (myself included) because that's just the best choice right now, so you shouldn't be worried about losing the multipliers on the first two slots.

Another important thing you should consider: you're not guaranteed to get all those EX medals. So I'd invest my gems in a versatile and powerful keyblade, rather than in a versatile but average keyblade.

(Aber das ist nur meine Meinung, bin kein Experte :) )

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I have to agree with Pras12, here. Go with Fairy Stars. It is the superior keyblade. Save gems, and work it with the medals you have or may get. Counting on EX medals isn't the most ideal way to plan a keyblade. Drop rates for EX medals are not guaranteed. Personally, I'd go for the guaranteed 5 pull mercy medals and if you get the EX, all the better.

Still, Fairy Stars is the keyblade to play for. Starlight fades beside it.

Schmidt

Awards
Thank you for your Reply! And I agree with you that I shouldn't Count on EX Medals. It's just a what-if Szenario. Without those medals I will still be using the Olympia Keyblade. Changing the keyblade is still just a thought. Thanks!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I prefer high multipliers simply because sometimey you're forced to use defense medals to even just survive, and then its best to do as much damage with as few medals as possible.

AleMustDie

Awards
In Coli you need atleast 6 Upright Buff copying Kairi EX twice. For enemies around Lv 2000
So , sure less Medals, more Buffer.

This Strategy works for everything. Hades Cup and Raid too.

Also Fairy Star is at the moment the Strongest Keyblade.

I would not spend Gems on Starlight.

Cause with the next EX Reverse Buffer , you only need Reverse Keyblade probably.
So, I'd go with FS and or Darkgnaw, DiamondDust, Missing Ache...

I would wait for a New Keyblade too..

Schmidt

Awards
Cause with the next EX Reverse Buffer , you only need Reverse Keyblade probably.
So, I'd go with FS and or Darkgnaw, DiamondDust, Missing Ache...

And why exactly go with two keyblades? You could just focus on one and you're good to go right? I mean, yea, the upright buff won't effect HD Xion for example, but is that a reason to focus on one upright and one reversed keyblade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back