• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Rumors/News

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikusGaurdian

While I was on The "The World Ends with You" boards on gamefaqs, there was a thread declaring Square-Enix will not make games that are not mainstream anymore.
Yup, thats right, no more creativity.

Whether this affects the main Kingdom Hearts games, or more likely, the three handheld games coming out soon, is unknown. There is a chance it might be a rumor, but then again, if it turns out true, we may end up saying goodbye to more of our favorite Square games.

Link: More detail from Square president, no more non-mainstream games allowed. Destructoid offers reviews, previews, trailers, cheats, and more.

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

JUST when they made a pretty good ORIGINAL game too. (TWEWY)

See, this is why their profit is lowering. People are going to eventually get sick of Sephiroth and Cloud's gay escapades.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Really now? Without creativity in games, then things just fall apart and *cough*suck*cough* Thought it still may just be a rumor. Not sure if this should be here since this doesn't have a whole lot to do with KH.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
No. I usually have respect for Destructoid, but the person who posted this article was just completely wrong and let their fangirl skew their interpretation of the interview.

If you read the source of what Wada stated, here:

Square Enix boss worried company is too insular - news - www.developmag.com

Wada said "We need to stop being the "typical Square Enix", which means he's talking about how they need to stop just being "That company that pops out a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest every once and awhile", he's saying that they need to expand their portfolio of games and do more than just things with "Final Fantasy" in the title and remakes.

Hence why Wada is extremely excited for the worldwide release of Infinite Undiscovery, and why he wants to company to cut back on the Mobile Phone market which is saturated with cash-in titles.

Zesty

The Darkness Flame
Inside the Darkness, just under the light
Website
www.myspace.com
Wada said that the company
"needed to go beyond traditional Square Enix",

that just means that we dont have to watch Cloud Pwn Sephiroth for the umiteenth time for a while. It makes sense consdiering that once December hits the numbered Final Fantasy games are over and done, other than sequels prequels (and lord knows that we'll see a jillion more games of 7)

RikusGaurdian

Ah, thats much more better. Thanks for clearing that up MuffinMan!

The World Ends with You is one of the best games I've ever played, it would have been a shame to see its uniqueness and creativity lost in future Square games.

I guess instead of bad news, we should interpret this as a new, positive direction for KH?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
See, I thought so. Freakin' idiots.
Read source information more carefully before you go blasting you mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back