• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Will 0.2 and Chi`s stories cross?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I thought that this might be an interesting topic to talk about in more detail, so I decided it just might have it`s own thread.

So a few days back when the new KH2.8 trailer got revealed Lonbilly had some interesting thoughts about it:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Lonbilly
I'm lowkey convinced Chi and Aqua's story are gonna somehow also cross over. Chi features most of the Princesses' worlds, and now we know Aqua is pretty much going to at LEAST Cinderella's and Ho White's worlds. If we go to Enchanted Dominion, I'm 100% convinced we're gonna see some real Chi plot and familiar faces there.

That in turn got me thinking and as I was looking at the new 2.8 box art, I got an idea.

Boxart.jpg

So this is the new box art and it`s pretty interesting. In past remix box arts Nomura has seemed to but the different games in different "slots" in the artwork. For example 1.5 feel like that it`s drawn with the 3 games being in their own sections even thou they connect with each other. 2.8 has a bit of similar feeling going on. There DDD seems to be in`t own slot inside a pyramid/triangle like structure, but this is not the case with 0.2 and Back Cover. Both seem to be on the same slot and what is more interesting is that they even seem to share the same sky. There are color differences, for example the sky being a bit darker in Aqua`s side, probably symbolizing how she is in the RoD and etc... Could it mean that 0.2 and Back Covers stories might be linked somehow? Or is it just nod to the famous lines in Kairi`s letter to Sora:

There are many worlds, but they share the same sky, one sky, one destiny.

Even with there being many worlds, scattered, together, in the past, present or in the future, they will always share the same sky.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mmh... I'm not sure.
I mean, that Enchanted Dominion is a ruined World filled with Darkness, while Chi's one was "regular" (plus perhaps an illusion).
There should be no one in the Realm of Darkness in the first place, besides Aqua visited that World after the events in Chi, still nothing.

Same for the box art, honestly. I think the games have always been connected with each other (in 1.5 Days' sunset devolves into CoM's night sky, in 2.5 there's no clear separation at all). If anything, 2.8 shows much more separation with that white space for DDD.
I think all 3 games in 2.8 are indeed connected, but in the meaning that all of them are essentials for KH III by telling a different story in different time periods.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Here's an intriguing plot twist to consider, what if The Realm of Darkness is able to access Sleeping Worlds? if this cna be possible, what if Aqua ends up in a Sleeping Daybreak Town as opposed to being stuck in the Realm of Darkness? That'd be a perfect means to connect the two games.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
In my opinion there will definitely be a connection between 0.2 and Back Cover, the question is just how big it will be.

Here's an intriguing plot twist to consider, what if The Realm of Darkness is able to access Sleeping Worlds? if this cna be possible, what if Aqua ends up in a Sleeping Daybreak Town as opposed to being stuck in the Realm of Darkness? That'd be a perfect means to connect the two games.
Heartless can't enter the Sleeping Worlds though so I think it's safe to assume that you can't enter them through the RoD.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Before threading into that territory, we must first understand what Daybreak Town is.
Because Heartless are there, alongside Dream Eaters.
Are they just illusions from the Book? Or is Daybreak... what sort of world is even Daybreak Town?

DefiantHeart

Awards
Before threading into that territory, we must first understand what Daybreak Town is.
Because Heartless are there, alongside Dream Eaters.
Are they just illusions from the Book? Or is Daybreak... what sort of world is even Daybreak Town?

I've been thinking maybe Daybreak Town is a unique world that is half asleep. That's why it can hold the past and present simultaneously. Kinda like daydreaming...:eek:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Mmh... I'm not sure.
I mean, that Enchanted Dominion is a ruined World filled with Darkness, while Chi's one was "regular" (plus perhaps an illusion).
There should be no one in the Realm of Darkness in the first place, besides Aqua visited that World after the events in Chi, still nothing.

Same for the box art, honestly. I think the games have always been connected with each other (in 1.5 Days' sunset devolves into CoM's night sky, in 2.5 there's no clear separation at all). If anything, 2.8 shows much more separation with that white space for DDD.
I think all 3 games in 2.8 are indeed connected, but in the meaning that all of them are essentials for KH III by telling a different story in different time periods.

I think it was confirmed that the Disney worlds in Chi are illusions manifested by the Book of Prophecies. Hmm, but what if it is not people that Aqua encounters, but an object or a relic from the past?
Also I am still gathering my thoughts, but the special ending of chi where the player wakes up in Enchanted Dominion with seemingly present day Maleficent has me puzzled. Does the scene hint that player has been sleeping up to the present day or possibly something else is going on? Either way, my brains hurt when I am trying to process it.

Aah, you are right about 2.5, there is pretty much zero separation and everyone is under the same blue night sky.

Hmm, about the possibility of sleeping worlds.... Maybe just seeing them sleeping in the RoD is enough, you don`t have to enter?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it was confirmed that the Disney worlds in Chi are illusions manifested by the Book of Prophecies. Hmm, but what if it is not people that Aqua encounters, but an object or a relic from the past?

The problem is, if it's an illusion, how can there be a relic? We should first know what and how much is an illusion. Obviously it has consenquences in the real world.

Also I am still gathering my thoughts, but the special ending of chi where the player wakes up in Enchanted Dominion with seemingly present day Maleficent has me puzzled. Does the scene hint that player has been sleeping up to the present day or possibly something else is going on? Either way, my brains hurt when I am trying to process it.
My personal take is that Maleficent is the post-DDD Maleficent, and she actually found a way to get into the illusion of the Book of Prophecies she was searching.
Yeah, it's pretty puzzly now. We have to wait for next updates/BC probs.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The problem is, if it's an illusion, how can there be a relic? We should first know what and how much is an illusion. Obviously it has consenquences in the real world.

By this I meant a relic from Daybreak Town. The Keyblade Graveyard still exists to this day so I think it´s not impossible to encounter something else from the Chi-era. And Master Xehanorts keyblade of course is from ancient times.

My personal take is that Maleficent is the post-DDD Maleficent, and she actually found a way to get into the illusion of the Book of Prophecies she was searching.

Ooh, right. Now that I re-watched Maleficent says that: "Not even Sora and his friends can meddle in this world." It might be the case.

Last edited:

sephydark

Awards
I don't think the art was meant to imply a connection, but I think it would be fitting for Aqua to encounter some relics from the Chi era. After all, Birth by Sleep did touch fairly heavily on the keyblade war, so there's already a connection there. Plus, it's quite plausible that some stuff from a war that engulfed the world in darkness would be floating around in the Realm of Darkness.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Heartless can't enter the Sleeping Worlds though so I think it's safe to assume that you can't enter them through the RoD.

True, I forgot about that fact. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe it's the other way round in which Aqua stumbles onto someone who came from Daybreak Town to The Realm of Darkness...

It's quite plausible that some stuff from a war that engulfed the world in darkness would be floating around in the Realm of Darkness.

I never really considered that, it'd be really interesting to see fragments of Daybreak Town being weaved into The Realm of Darkness... hopefully, if that ends up happening, we can get some in-game dialogue from Aqua as to what she thinks about it.

Curic21

The meaning its in the Chi part, It's Dawn and for the counter part in Aqua's side it's night meaning the world of darkness. They played with the Daybreak name and the meanings of that. Nothing more.

The Chi events happened in the past. Not exaclty as they showed us in the game cause it's an illusion but it was real. Like still exists Graveyard Keyblade.

ANd I dont think you can travel to Sleeping world from Darkness because, how are they gonna save Aqua then? HOw are they going to figure out that? They already know that Aqua is in the world of darkness. I dont know how they can figure it out te connection between darkness and Sleeping dreams.

Although the events from DDD keeps bothering me about how exactly Sora went from Sleeping dreams to real world of the ORganization....hummm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back