• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Countdown!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'd rather have a Saix quote from a fan who actually likes Saix a lot, rather than just posting it because nobody else has. I mean, I'll use the other quote if that's all that's there.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
great quote Fahrvergnugen its awesome

Looks great. :3

So, who is everyone most excited to play as?
Luxord for me, personally. Not because he's my favorite, just because his style seems the most appealing.

Yay thanks! I was worried it would be haarible lol

I want to play as Demyx, to see if they kept his VA!

DJFirewolf

I'd also like to point out that Nomura has stated his favorite Organization member was Luxord the Kingdom Hearts Character Report Volume 2.

And Xigbar is his favorite character in Days's multiplayer mode.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sorry Salty, but I do believe that we're already past those two members, given that we are now on to Luxord.

Chaos

Hero of Lhant
Here my Saix quote just in case you need one Raz

"True, we don't have hearts, but we remember what it was like, that's what makes us special." - Saix

Saix number Vll of Organization Xlll and, also apparently the second-in-command. Saix is my third favorite Organization member. Making his debut in KH2, Saix shows be one the members most "Nobody-Like" next to Xemnas of course. Appearing to Sora in "Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden" along with the remaining Organization members excluding Axel. He seems to taunt Sora along with the rest of the members.

"True, we don't have hearts, but we remember what it was like, that's what makes us special."-Saix

Saix controls the lesser nobodies called Beserkers. Just like his lesser nobodies Saix fights with a similar fighting style accept alittle more harder. When Sora fights him Saix goes into a berserk state. It shows he can not only be emotionless. In this state he seems to show alot of anger. His berserk form is also one of the reason I like him so much. Its so unexpected who what of thought a guy like him would go mad while fighting.

"We know very well how to injure a heart. Sora, you just keep on fighting those Heartless."-Saix

Even though Saix didn't have much screen time he plays a good part in KH2 and, I hope he plays a bigger part in KH 358/ 2 days. I want to see the way he treats the rest of the members. I also want to know if he and Roxas were on good terms or bad terms. Saix might not be a fan favorite but, I know I'll keep liking him.

"Why...Kingdom Hearts...where is my...Heart?"
what did no one see this come on i work hard on it

TrinityxLimit

I'd rather have a Saix quote from a fan who actually likes Saix a lot, rather than just posting it because nobody else has. I mean, I'll use the other quote if that's all that's there.

What counts as a fan quote?
"All shall be lost to you!"
"Different name, same fate."
"It doesn't matter. All he got was nothingness. Axel couldn't stand living without a heart. And was destroyed getting close to one. He was weak."
I dunno I tried. Don't hurt me.

BluesStar21

Yay! today's member, Demyx!

I'm excited for Demyx day, it'll be amazing I hope, since he has the coolest saying in the KH series "Dance Water Dance" I hope he says that in 358/2 days, it will make me want to get the game even more.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
What counts as a fan quote?
"All shall be lost to you!"
"Different name, same fate."
"It doesn't matter. All he got was nothingness. Axel couldn't stand living without a heart. And was destroyed getting close to one. He was weak."
I dunno I tried. Don't hurt me.
Um, no. Like writing a brief paragraph about why you like him.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Hello, everybody!

It’s yet another day closer to the release of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. To celebrate, we bring you our special report on number IX—Demyx!

333kf8n.jpg

What We Know So Far:
Fans were first introduced to Demyx in Kingdom Hearts II. Unlike most members of the Organization, he’s lighthearted and friendly. Often carrying around written instructions along with him on missions, Demyx isn’t very good at his job. When faced with a mission, the hapless Nobody always claims, “They sure sent the wrong guy for this one!” Kingdom Hearts II FM+ reveals that Demyx is very much the joke of the Organization. He appears gung-ho and confident at meetings, but immediately goes back to his scaredy-cat self when confronted with the possibility of actual work. It’s obvious that the Melodious Nocturne would rather shirk his duties and strum his sitar over destroying countless Heartless, any day.

Sora first encounters the spiky haired youth while in the Underworld. While under orders to, “liberate his true disposition”, Demyx halfheartedly uses his sitar to summon water-clones in a time-based battle. Sora, Donald, and Goofy make short work of Demyx, declaring him a rather lousy fighter. It turns out that he had stolen Olympus Stone, which protects against the Underworld Curse. Demyx leaves the stone and retreats to fight another day.

Demyx’s second appearance is his last. Sora runs into him during the battle of Hollow Bastion. At first Sora is puzzled by Demyx’s chipper greeting and apprehensive attitude towards fighting. The group quickly sees through the farce, remembering that Nobodies don’t have hearts. Offended, his normal cheerfulness fades to anger, and he summons his sitar. He uncharacteristically points at Sora, uttering, "Silence, traitor". The musician puts up a valiant fight, but ends up being no match for the Keyblade Master. With a heart-wrenching scream, Demyx fades back into darkness.

His Role in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days:

The only sighting of Demyx in trailers has been on a mission with Roxas in Olympus Coliseum. Could this be setting up for Demyx’s involvement there in Kingdom Hearts II? Up to his usual lazy form, he appears to be lamenting this latest task. It will be hilarious seeing the good-natured, albeit a tad bit inept, Nobody attempting his daily missions. Hopefully this underdeveloped character will get more attention this time around, especially considering that he is one of the few Organization members to remain alive throughout the course of the game.

Based on game play videos, Organization XIII’s resident rock-star (and layabout) is better at fighting than most folks give him credit for. Demyx uses his sitar as a blunt object, but can also summon great pillars of water to use against his Heartless foes. Will his classic battle line "Dance, water, dance!" be present? We can only hope!

What the Fans Think:

Demyx is a pretty big hit with the fans. They loved odd-ball personality and general adorableness. His few scenes had many in stitches. Despite what the journals may say, Demyx is one of the stronger boss fights in the game. Plus, his hilarious antics showed a much needed softer side to the Organization in Kingdom Hearts II. Who better to describe just why people love Demyx than forum member Organization_42? Here’s what she had to say:

Organization42 said:
When I first played Kingdom Hearts II, I wasn't an immediate fan of Organization XIII, not even of Axel or Roxas. (I had just finished the first game and hadn't tried Chain of Memories yet.) I guess I felt like they were intruding on the nostalgia factor of the Disney villains. Axel kept popping up at random moments to give Sora/Roxas grief, and Roxas wasn't earning a lot of points in my book because his three hour prologue was keeping me away from Sora and the main action of the game. Basically, it took me some time to like the Organization as a group, with one major exception.

And with that one major exception, it was pretty much love at first "RUN! Run away!"

Demyx stands out compared to the rest of the members of the Organization. While several of them show a "nice" side and act laidback about everything, they've all proven to be tough, capable fighters who can really act heartless when they want to be. (Even Roxas has anger issues in KH2, though he had every right to be angry.) Aside from the infamous, "Silence traitor!" and those deadly water clones, Demyx has never behaved like the others. He openly expresses how much he'd rather not be fighting anyone and actually reads his missions out loud to Sora from a note card. You've gotta love a guy that causes Sora to stare blankly at him in disbelief. In a way, Demyx is one of the most intriguing characters in Organization XIII because he doesn't fit the profile that you'd expect from a member. Why would he join them if he doesn't like to fight Heartless? How did a so-called coward have enough strength in his heart to create Demyx the Nobody in the first place? If he's such a lousy fighter, how does he manage to do it while still playing his sitar like a pro? And I have I mentioned that even though he's only shown up in roughly three cutscenes, he's still one of the funniest characters in Kingdom Hearts?

When 358/2 Days is released, I'm looking forward to seeing more scenes with Demyx, especially the mission with Roxas. A magazine scan said that "the two cause quite a ruckus in the Coliseum" and I would not expect anything less from Demyx. Hopefully he'll provide us with some much needed comic relief as well when things start to get serious.

And then of course, there's the multiplayer. Because who doesn't want to attack Heartless with the power of music? Demyx has a unique fighting style that really stood out in KH2, so hopefully we'll see traces of that in multiplayer mode. Because, in the end, that's what really makes Demyx such a great character: he's unique.

A select few find Demyx unbearable. What use is an Organization member who can’t fight? They think he’s nothing more than a frightened wimp. His timed battles were just a cheap way of making the battle difficult. With such little screen time, his only possible purpose had to be filler. They simply can’t grasp how anyone could love a character with less than four minutes of fame.

In Conclusion:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is a golden opportunity for a closer look at a character that is so popular with the fans. Many are simply excited for a chance to play as him! September 29th marks the US release date, October 9th in Europe. It’s not much longer now!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So, has anyone taken a shot (and a good quality one at that) of Saïx? Because if not, I might give it a go today/tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back