• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Personality(s)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALittleNerd

There's been something I wanted to talk about for a long time. I'm not new to the series, but I am new to this site so please forgive me if I screw something up, but I feel like this is important. It's about Sora, and how in every game his personality changes. In Kingdom Hearts 1 he was a slightly derpy yet positive kid with a bit of attitude. In Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories he transitioned to a bit more of an odd slap happy version of that. In Kingdom Hearts 2 he became much more positive and confident, with this becoming one of the one's he's best known for. Then in Coded (Granted this isn't the 'real' Sora by what I know, and I didn't finish this one) His adopted his Chain of memories one, yet even more slap happy. And then AGAIN in Dream Drop Distance he becomes so slap happy that it gets to the point of annoying and he even gets kinda stupid. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Sora, he's my childhood and often times feels like the very thing Disney represents. To stay positive and trust others. But the fact that this keeps happening shows that Square just can't sit down on one personality for him and it's getting worse. Yet I rarely seen this talked about. Maybe it's because some people try to ignore it, cause they don't wanna think that way about the main character of their favorite game series, and I get that. But If he carries on this personality from Dream Drop into Kingdom Hearts 3, then I will be massively disappointed. I like to think that this inconsistency is due to the amount of people within his heart, and thus constantly alters his personality, it would make sense and I would even accept that as an excuse if Square were to chose that path, but we all know that, as of now, this is just hopeful thinking. What do you guys think? Would you accept that excuse? Or am I alone on this issue? Which personality do you think is the closest to the real Sora and is the one he should adopt for future games?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I mean it sounds like he's staying true to the happy-go-lucky, derpy wunderkind personality set in the first game. I think the problem here isn't that he has multiple personalities, but that despite all of his experiences and the literal passing of time in the game, he's still as naive as day one. I think that's why Roxas' character was kind of refreshing when he was first introduced, since data roxas came off as intelligent and thoughtful and ORG13 Roxas was broody and had a mean streak, I even hoped that sora would take on some of these personality traits since he and Roxas are deeply connected.

And then you can compare Sora's lack of character development to Riku, who has progressed leagues since KH1, culminating in him having his own coming of age of sorts in kh3d, when he becomes a master.

So yeah I don't think Sora has multiple personalities, but I do agree he's getting stale

Keyblade Meister

His personality reminds me of goku from dragon ball z, happy and silly but serious and powerful when he needs to be. However, correct me if im wrong, sora seems to be lacking in knowledge I feel like he gets the general idea of what's happening but he's mostly motivated by his intense desire to help people. Certain things such as why Roxas exists or why Lea is back is something sora probably doesn't know but definitely something he doesn't need to know. Does this make sense?

Anagram

Banned
I wouldn't say he has multiple personalities just poorly handled writing and character development like nearly every character in this series. Only Riku has properly progressed as a character in any sense.

I do feel it was being made dumber from KH2 onwards though. I also agree with Jesus, he's stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back