• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony 1080p HDTV Brightness Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
I got a Sony 1080p HDTV a few weeks ago and it's awesome, except there's kind of a big problem. You see when PS3 games are played, and this also happens with Halo 3, the TV causes everyone's eyes to tear up, or burn. I believe it to be the brightness level but I lowered it alot along with the backlight, but its getting hard to see. If I put it alittle higher, the problem reoccurs. I don't want to ruin the "true" HDTV experience and image by making it too dark, so does anyone have like a recommended brightness or backlight level or maybe another option? Any advice would be great and thanks in advanced!

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
Well, as for the burning problem, maybe you should sit farther away from the tv? But if it's too bright, turn down the lights in the room it's in.

The default shouldn't blind you.

torii~

Well, as for the burning problem, maybe you should sit farther away from the tv? But if it's too bright, turn down the lights in the room it's in.

The default shouldn't blind you.

It would make more sense to turn the lights in the room on, so it takes away from the overall light coming from the Tv set. And yes the default should work fine. it does so for me :S

D

Deleted member 36435

There are levels of the TV which are set in.

Vivid - Brightest and most crisp and true HD images. Uses the light a lot faster burning it out.

Pro - Not as bright as Vivid but still good. Medium use of the light.

Normal - Regular setting. AKA Default. Whatever you set the TV to is what this setting it.

Pick Normal or Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back