• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Someone please clarify this for me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
This seems like nitpicking to me.
How? That one localization line is the only thing people have to point to the idea that Yen Sid was involved in Sora/Riku's time traveling. One line. That doesn't even match the actual original game. I can't see how going to the original Japanese for a game like this is more nitpicky than basing one's understanding on the game's time travel on one line that contradicts the rest of the game.

This also begs the question of how would Sora & Riku know how to even travel like Xehanort did? They aren't master mages, there's nothing in game establishing these two know time manipulation outside the stop spells.
YMX wasn't a master mage either? Dude didn't even have a Keyblade when he first time traveled. It's not really portrayed in the game as time traveling being an incredible feat that only the most advanced people can pull off. Remember, after all, that the "twist"/"shock" for Yen Sid was never that MX time traveled, it was that he had planned it all out.

Right here in the game itself Yen Sid says "I will reutrn you".
I'm aware of how it was localized, that's why I went specifically to the Japanese line and consulted an actual translator on the word choice and meaning, given how we know that they make mistakes and alternate choices when it comes to localizing.

You bringing up how the line is localized is not in any way a defense against the line in the original game itself so I really don't know why you present this as such.

I dunno man but honestly this just seems like looking for excuses in the original script to nitpick Sephiroth0812's post and discredit his point as a result. (especially if you went to the local translator for it)
And this just seems like you trying to dismiss factual evidence against a theory based around one line.
And yeah, obviously I went to a translator for help understanding the game's original Japanese, what even is your point there?

I care about understanding this series and making sense of it, that's why I ask for help and explore these avenues. GP and I looked at many scenes in the game to help gather further clarity -- ones totally separate from Sephiroth's post, so you can do away with any claims that I'm doing this as, what, to nitpick him personally or whatever.

Not everyone operates in bad faith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back