• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So will Destiny Islands get sealed in KH3 and whos going to do it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoThunderX

Me and my bud are up all night doing some fun speculation of what could happen in the next entry. He had a very interesting point. Destiny Islands never got Locked. unless im retarded and forgot something. But I dont think its as easy as locking the other worlds. Maybe someone pure of heart has to do it. Like Kairi. not sure, but some food for thought.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It doesn't need sealing, though. When Sora defeated Ansem: SoD, restored the worlds and he and Mickey closed locked the Door to Darkness, all of the worlds were sealed off from each other like one big universe-wide lock reset.

We haven't seen Sora lock any world's keyhole since KH1.

Also, Riku could see the keyhole to Destiny Islands when he was a child so it really doesn't require anything special. And it isn't like sealing it would do any good if another Keyblade wielder like Xehanort comes by and unlocks it.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Riku could see the keyhole as a child because he was already determined to be a Keyblade Wielder at that point because of Terra. That scene took place after BBS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku could see the keyhole as a child because he was already determined to be a Keyblade Wielder at that point because of Terra. That scene took place after BBS.

Yes, which is why I brought it up. There is nothing special required except "have the potential to wield".

Last edited:

Samhain

Bronze Member
So why wasn't Sora able to see it?
He was always going to be a Keyblade Wielder. Him taking the KK from Riku was just fate and destiny. It was destined to happen. Sora was always destined to be a keyblade wielder

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He was always going to be a Keyblade Wielder. Him taking the KK from Riku was just fate and destiny. It was destined to happen. Sora was always destined to be a keyblade wielder

Because he was never given a rite of succession to make it possible that he'd one day have a Keyblade unlike Riku and Kairi. Sora had to earn his right to one, and that didn't happen until he was 14.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, despite its taglines, one of the bigger themes of KH is destiny vs. chance. It makes strong cases for both but Sora being "destined" is kind of the opposite of his whole character.

NeoThunderX

I figure Sora, even though he never participated in a rite of succession, sparred for years with riku on the island, so thats how i always looked at it.. then that one night riku allowed himself to be taken by the darkness, because he wasnt afraid of it. but he got a tad carried away. so the keyblade was like 'lel kbai' and went to sora. So wait, The 'keyholes' in KH2 are different from the World keyholes in 1? I would understand, because in 1 the keyholes are like, part of the actual world, where as in 2 a specific object shows the keyhole for that world.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I figure Sora, even though he never participated in a rite of succession, sparred for years with riku on the island, so thats how i always looked at it.. then that one night riku allowed himself to be taken by the darkness, because he wasnt afraid of it. but he got a tad carried away. so the keyblade was like 'lel kbai' and went to sora.

No, that isn't how it works. Sora never had the potential to wield like Riku and nothing could have changed that but on the night of the storm, as Sora and Riku are consumed by darkness Sora reaches into Riku's light and takes the Keyblade.

From that point, Sora was borrowing the Keyblade from Riku up until Hollow Bastion when Riku takes it back for a bit. When Sora does his spiel about friendship, he proves himself to the Keyblade and in that moment his heart was stronger than Riku's so the Keyblade becomes his own permanently.

So wait, The 'keyholes' in KH2 are different from the World keyholes in 1? I would understand, because in 1 the keyholes are like, part of the actual world, where as in 2 a specific object shows the keyhole for that world.

Yes, the keyholes in KH2 were pathways being unlocked between the worlds. In KH1, the keyholes Sora was locking were the keyholes to the heart of the worlds themselves.

NeoThunderX

Thanks for clearing all that up, I never really sat and talked about lore with people like this. my khIII hype was too much to just sit and wait lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back