• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So I posted a thread on GameSpot's BBS forum...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossLegion

And I asked what everyone thought about the translations we've seen in the English localization so far, and gave my own opinions. Not sure if it ended up sounding like I was whining or whatever, but I thought I'd ask the same thing here. I'm asking what you think specifically about some of the ability/command/style names that have been changed, to be clear.

So, what does everyone think about the little bit of the localization we've seen so far?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I like it. The special command name changes don't bother me, and some of the normal commands sound awesome.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I actually haven't been paying too much attention to it. From what I've seen, command changes are just the usual ones (you know how much SE loves Latin) and the style changes don't particularly bother me.

CrossLegion

Hm, I see. I guess I'm really just asking because when I see things, I like them to make sense. I like things to pertain to what they represent. Names especially so. I guess that's why the styles Fever Pitch and Sky Climber bug me a bit. They do, but they don't, in a sense. And to be honest, I thought Ghost Drive would be changed for sure. Dunno to what, but I thought that might've been changed.

Fever Pitch still kind of strikes me as odd. It just doesn't seem to fit to me.

Detonate is now Mine, and Detonate Chaser is Seeker Mine. So I'm guessing that Detonate Square will be Square Mine. Dunno what Line could be. "Line Mine" seems too funny.

Sempied

I really don't mind it that much. The only ones that strike me as odd are Fever Pitch, and Spell Weaver.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I actually like Spell Weaver...it sounds very smooth, and if you've seen Aqua's gameplay, I think Spell Weaver is one of the best yet that I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back