• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings 2: 1000 Confessions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoRaBhK_dUdE

WOOOOOOOOO CHAPTER!!!!! Great chapterness. I'm so happy I'm going to make pizza!!! Let me recap a part of the chapter. He used that ring diamond thingy to bring Lenne into Yuna's body, but then she thought it was 1000 years and she wanted to go to war. Butthen he took of the ring which made Yuna faint. I think that's the last part.

anime_keitostyle

Shuyin! You can't just give up on Lenne to use Yuna for your simple pleasures! That's not cool, buddy! Especially (technically) right in front of her boyfriend! And it was your fault for not telling her the truth! Of course she was cunfuzzled! The chappy was still amazing, though.

redharry, if you're still having trouble with getting the sig to come up, pm me and I'll walk you through it.

FlyingTomato1

Um...you didnt have to save.I was saying that did you save it and then upload it or...nvm...how did you put it on you sig?Like did you go to the link then right click the sig do to properties higllight the URL and then add it to your sig?

redharry123

a wanderer
ya, i did the properties thingy. right clicked, propeties , blah blah blah! yadda yadda yadda

The sequel fairy paid me another visit today ^_^ and brought to life a silly little idea that I had been playing around with ever since I noticed the similarities between FF8’s Esthar and FFX’s Zanarkand. Basically, I’m thinking of making a Silver Wings 3 (hopefully the last in the series, but with me you never know…lol) in which I combine characters from FF8 and FFX,X-2 into one story tentatively called “Silver Wings 3: Back Into My Arms”. I don’t want to give too much of the plot away since it would ruin the ending I’m thinking about for Silver Wings 2, but if anyone is interested in another sequel, let me know.

Noezel7

sorry meant to post last night but i got side tracked. This fan fic just never stops being great! i'm very proud to say that i have read this fan fic and where its siggy proudly too!

redharry123

a wanderer
Chapter Eleven: Jailbreak

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Rikku stared out at the crystal blue waters of the Oasis and sighed. She hadn’t been able to pull herself from her depression for days and rarely moved from her spot except to shower and eat.

Baralai had been murdered by Gippal.

One of her best friends had been murdered by the man she loved.

Good gracious, her life sucked.

As she stretched her long limbs on the sand, Rikku let herself fall backward and stare at the sun as it slowly made its way across the sky. She couldn’t stop herself from wondering ‘what if’. What if she had just told Gippal how she felt about him? What if they hadn’t split up from Baralai? What if…

She groaned and stretched. The bottom line was that Baralai was a talented fighter. He had been difficult to beat when the female trio had fought him during his possession. He would have been able to defend himself from a full on assault which led to only one logical conclusion. Baralai had been caught off guard.

However, though Rikku knew this, try as she might she could not get herself to believe completely that Gippal had snuck up behind Baralai and wrapped the belt around his neck. Although all evidence pointed to him, Rikku knew Gippal just like he had said she did. Gippal might have killed Baralai in anger, but never in a preconceived plan.

“I thought I’d find you here.”

Rikku turned her head and smiled up at Paine who was walking over the final sand dune to take a seat next to Rikku. The Al Bhed had to stifle a laugh at the fact that her friend was still wearing black leather in the desert. She nodded, “You thought right.”

“We saw Gippal today.”

Rikku frowned. She didn’t want to think about Gippal in that horrible place and about the part – the huge part – she played in having him sent there.

“I don’t think he did it, Rikku”

Her eyes connected with the crimson spheres of her friends and she asked, shocked, “Why? You went there this morning so sure that he had done it. What happened?”

Paine shrugged and dusted some sand off of her boot, “Well, he pointed out how stupid it would be for him to use his own belt to kill Baralai. Plus, by not wiping the prints off he would have just been asking to be arrested.”

“I suppose you’re right,” Rikku admitted, “but who killed Baralai if Gippal didn’t?”

Paine gave Rikku a half-grin, “That’s where Gippal and I disagree. The person he immediately suspected, I don’t think could have done it. However, his theory on how the killer might have gotten in, then out, makes sense.”

“Who did he think it was?”

“Tidus.”

Rikku practically flew to her feet, throwing her hands onto her hips, “What?! Now he’s going to accuse innocent people!!”

Paine stood and put a calming hand on Rikku’s shoulder, “I told him he was nuts.” She said, “But his theory on the killer’s escape might have merit.”

Rikku sighed and sat again. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to hear Gippal’s theory. Just knowing that he thought Tidus was capable of hurting someone made her furious. She had known Tidus for almost a year during Yuna’s pilgrimage and he had never – would never – hurt another living soul unless provoked. However, curiosity got the better of her, “What’s his idea?”

“Did you notice the window open when we found Baralai?” Paine asked.

Rikku thought for a moment. She had felt a slight breeze coming from the direction of the windows and at quick glance it had looked like one was open a little which she thought was strange since Brother insisted those windows be kept shut. She had made a move to shut it when Yuna had found Baralai and everyone had gotten distracted.

“Yes.” She replied.

Paine nodded, “When Gippal mentioned it, I immediately realized where he was going with it.” She used her hand to draw a small picture in the sand, “Now, suppose that the killer killed Baralai with Gippal’s belt intent on framing him. That is why the prints were there.”

“But what about the killer’s prints?”

“That’s what made him think of Tidus.” Paine revealed, “The killer had to have been wearing gloves…”

“And Tidus wears them…” Rikku finished before she shook her head and rolled her eyes, “So he thinks that nobody else could have gotten their hands on gloves?”

Paine laughed, “That’s Gippal for you. He’s a little slow.”

The girls laughed hard at that one for several minutes before Rikku calmed, “Finish the explanation.”

“Well, he was thinking that after the killer offed Baralai, he opened the window and slid down the side into the sand. That’s also where he goes back into his Tidus thought, because Tidus would have then been able to get back in the front and make it look like he was just coming back.”

“But Gippal was in the ship!”

Paine shook her head, “No, he said he was coming up the engine room entrance.”

“There’s an engine room entrance?” Rikku asked, scrunching her nose in confusion.

At Paine’s nod, the Al Bhed grew quiet and thoughtful. This theory made just as much sense as the thought that Gippal would have murdered his best friend over her. Actually, this theory made a lot more sense. Gippal would have been an idiot to use his own belt and then just leave the prints on it. Gippal was an idiot, but not that much of an idiot. However, the one thought that continued to plague her was Gippal’s alibi. He hadn’t given one. She voiced this now, “What about Gippal’s alibi? Where was he before the engine room?”

“That part is what’s weird.” Paine said, reaching into her pocket, “He told me that this was his alibi and that you’d know what it was.” And she firmly planted a bright red rock in Rikku’s hand.

Rikku stared at the rock for a moment, utterly confused, until a memory flew back into her mind from a faraway place. She was 14, Gippal was 16. It was the party before he joined the Crimson Squad. The two of them had walked 10 miles west of Home to a bridge that jutted out from a sand dune. It had been there for years and no one knew if water used to be there or not. Nobody really cared, anyway. Under the bridge was a group of bright, red stones unlike anything ever seen on Spira. Rikku loved them and Gippal told her he would bring her one day when she least expected it.

Gippal had been at the bridge – 10 miles from the Celsius. She quickly figured times and distances in her head and realized that, unless Gippal possessed the ability to travel at the speed of light, there was no way he could have done 20 miles round trip in time to kill Baralai and escape again without being caught. More than likely, when he was coming up from the engine room he was actually just returning to the ship.

Climbing to her feet she said to Paine, “Do not tell anyone about this conversation.”

“Where are you going?”

Rikku broke into a run, shouting the lie over her shoulder, “The Moonflow!”

Drumming his fingers on the cement floor had become Gippal’s favorite pastime since his incarceration had started. There wasn’t much else the imprisoned Al Bhed could do to pass the time.

Cid had finally taken pity on him and allowed Gippal to shave the thick stubble that had been forming on his angular jaw and Gippal was most grateful for that, however he had wished he could have done that before Nooj, LeBlanc, Paine, and Yuna had seen looking like a homeless dog.

A shadow on the wall caught Gippal’s attention, followed immediately after by Rikku’s tiptoeing figure with her finger firmly planted on her mouth indicating silence. Gippal shot her a confused look as she dangled the key to his cell in front of him, “I swiped it from the sleeping guard outside,” she whispered, “Be really quiet.”

His cell opened silently and he wanted desperately to ask Rikku what she was doing but he simply followed her silently as she replaced the keys back in the guard’s lap and snuck him out the back door and into the fresh air of dusk on Bikanel.

“Now I need to get you to Guadosalam.” She said with a grin, “I talked to LeBlanc and she said you could stay at Chateau LeBlanc for the time being. Nobody would look for you there.”

“Rikku…” Gippal said, staring into her eyes.

She shook her head and waved her hands in front of his face to ward off any of his questions, “I spoke to Paine. Enough said.”

Their journey to Guadosalam on a stolen boat was a silent one. Neither knew what to say to the other. Words just didn’t seem enough to express their feelings so they sat silently as the moonlight bathed their bodies and the water lapped gently at the side of the boat. It was almost dawn by the time they landed at the shores of the Moonflow and quickly made their way to the entrance of Guadosalam.

It had been a long time since Gippal had been to Guadosalam and was excited to be given the opportunity to have free run of it. However, from the look on Rikku’s face, he could tell she just wanted to leave. He was aware that this house used to belong to Lord Seymour Guado and just that name brought shivers down the spine of his companion. However, like the tough woman she was, Rikku marched up to the doors and entered the mansion first.

“This is it.” She said as she motioned around the green tinted entranceway. With a smile, she turned to face him, “Home sweet home, at least for now.”

Gippal looked into her bright eyes with a serious expression, “Why are you doing this for me? You’re father will flip when he finds out.”

“Pop doesn’t believe you did it either,” she replied, “He’d probably thank me.”

“I don’t know about that.” Said Gippal with a smile that quickly faded in shock as Rikku lifted herself on her toes and kissed him gently. He let his hands wrap around her waist, pulling her closer to him and relishing in the fact that she was the one initiating this melding of the lips. However, reality brought him back to his senses. He was a condemned man who had just escaped from jail. She was an accomplice in a jailbreak.

This was no time to be getting romantic.

Gently pushing her away he tried to ignore the look of disappointment that was visible on her face, “What?”

“This isn’t the time.” He replied.

She frowned, “This is a perfect time. Nobody knows where we are. We’re alone. What more do you want?”

Gippal stood firm to his decision. She was upset and running on adrenaline. He didn’t want to take advantage of her only to have her hate him in the morning and he voiced this to her.

“So you don’t want me?”

“Not tonight,” Gippal said, kissing her hand softly, “If you still want me when this is over, then it’ll be a different story.”

“Fine!” shrieked Rikku in a display of angry frustration that Gippal didn’t expect. Storming toward the door, she flung it open with all her strength and said, “I’ve got to get back before people start suspecting me. I told Paine I was at the Moonflow, so…”

“Rikku,” Gippal interrupted, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, “Rikku, I love you.”

She looked at him with absolutely no readable expression on her face and Gippal didn’t know what to make of it until she let out a loud laugh. Shaking her head and trying to catch her breath, Rikku said, “Gippal, you don’t have to tell me that just to get in my pants. You already have a free pass.”

“Rikku, I wasn’t…”

“Don’t worry about it.” Interrupted Rikku, stopping Gippal before he could tell her that he wasn’t lying, “I’ve gotta go. Stay out of sight. I’ll be by occasionally to bring food and check on you. LeBlanc said there should be plenty of food to last you a month at least.”

With one last glance over her shoulder, she was gone and Gippal whispered into the night, “I love you, Rikku.”

Yuna broke to the surface of consciousness and sat up quickly. She had never passed out before and she wasn’t sure why she had suddenly done so. Tidus’ handsome face was staring at her and she relaxed against his chest, “What happened to me?” she asked.

“You passed out.” He replied, kissing her ear gently.

“But I never pass out.” She frowned and ran a hand across her stomach thoughtfully, “You don’t think I’m pregnant, do you?”

“Absolutely not.” Came Tidus’ reply. His certainty brought with it a feeing Yuna hadn’t expected to feel. Skepticism. There was something in his positive response that made her wonder just how much he knew about her fainting spell.

Quickly pushing that feeling away, she climbed to her feet, “What did you want to do today? You said something about doing something alone.”

He smiled at her, “We can do whatever you want to do.”

She walked over to the mirror and ran a brush through her tangled knots, “I really wish we had something to celebrate.” She sighed, “But with everything going on with Gippal, I don’t think we’ll be able to celebrate for quite a while.”

“There’s always something to celebrate,” Tidus replied, coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist, “Even when things suck the most.”

“Like what?”

“Anniversaries, birthdays, births, holidays…”

Yuna smiled and turned to kiss his nose, “Speaking of birthdays…” she said as she twisted completely around and wrapped her arms around his neck, “I’ve known you all this time and yet you never told me when you’re birthday is.”

She thought she caught a glimpse of a frown but it was quickly gone and she thought she just imagined it. Tidus thought for a moment before letting out a small grin, “It’s today. I had completely forgotten.”

Yuna practically squealed with glee, “You’re 20 today!”

“1020…” Tidus whispered under his breath before quickly correcting himself and subtracting 1000 from the age. Yuna didn’t say anything about his slip up. She knew how confusing it must be to be only 20 and yet born over 1000 years before.

She smiled at him, “Let’s go out and celebrate!” Excitedly, she twisted out of his arms and focused back on fixing her hair. Tidus had wandered back to the bed to put his shoes on and she smiled. Reaching down to replace the brush, something shiny caught her attention. It was in a darkened corner next to the table, almost as if it had fallen off. She reached down to grasp it and her breath caught. It was a diamond ring.

“What are you looking at?” Tidus asked.

Yuna spun around with the ring in her hand, “What’s this?”

The quickness that Tidus ripped the ring from her finger and muttered, “Nothing” told Yuna that the ring wasn’t nothing.

It was a diamond ring and Tidus had bought it. Was that his ‘errand’ on the day that Baralai was killed? Did he buy her an engagement ring? If so, why was it on the floor? Did it fall? Yuna had so many questions but she didn’t want to pressure Tidus about them and spoil any surprise he might be working on for her. Accepting his answer with a smile, she acted like she had already forgotten about the ring as they made their way to the door, but in reality the ring was the only thing on her mind. She needed to tell the girls about it.

Was he going to propose?!

redharry123

a wanderer
Author’s Notes: Okay folks, Yuna grows a brain in this chapter. Unfortunately, she only grows a brain after Paine grows one first. Oh well, it’s better then nothing I suppose. However, just because she grows a brain doesn’t mean that it won’t vanish in subsequent chapters. You’ll just have to wait and see :)

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

SILVER WINGS 2: 1000 CONFESSIONS

Chapter Twelve: The Gloved Hand

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“A diamond?!” Rikku squeaked after hearing Yuna’s quick tale about finding the diamond on the floor. The Al Bhed had arrived back at Home just in time to have a quiet conversation with Paine and Yuna about the diamond ring before Yuna and Tidus went off on a romantic birthday celebration.

“Do you think it means what I think it means?” questioned Yuna, barely able to keep her voice down. Tidus could enter the room at any minute, after finishing the shower he had wanted to take at the last minute.

“It definitely means something,” said Paine, “Whether that something is good or not has yet to be determined.”

Yuna frowned at her stoic friend, “What does that mean?”

“It means that I don’t think you should be alone with Tidus tonight.”

“Paine!” Rikku hissed, “We both agreed that was ridiculous!”

Yuna was confused. Obviously both of her friends knew something they didn’t want her to know. It was also pretty obvious that Rikku was hiding something from both herself and Paine, but she wasn’t about to delve into that at the moment. The pressing matter was why Paine didn’t want her alone with Tidus, “Why don’t you want me alone with him? He’s my boyfriend.”

Paine frowned at Rikku, ignoring Yuna momentarily, “I know I said it was ridiculous, but now I’m not so sure. I mean, what if Gippal is onto something…”

“Gippal…onto something?” Yuna asked with a suspicious look in her eyes, “Just what did Gippal say?”

Rikku pushed a braid from her eyes, “He said that the killer set him up using the belt and a pair of gloves so that Gippal and Baralai’s prints were safe, but the killer’s weren’t on the belt. He also said that since the window was a little open the killer could have easily slid down the side of the ship and gotten back outside.”

Yuna was almost afraid of the answer to the question that was on the tip of her tongue, but somehow she just had to know what Paine was thinking. Staring deep into Paine’s crimson orbs, she asked, “What does this have to do with Tidus?”

“Gippal…and now me, to a degree, thinks he might have killed Baralai.”

“What?!” Yuna shrieked, before quickly silencing herself to a harsh whisper, “Where do you get that from?! Tidus had never hurt a soul in his life! He’s harmless...! He’s sweet…! He’s innocent…! He’s….”

“Been acting strangely.” Paine supplied.

“Oh,” hissed Yuna sarcastically, “Well in that case let’s just have him arrested and thrown in jail. I mean, everybody knows if you have an off day or two then you’re a murderer!”

“He was hearing voices!” insisted Paine, “He was MIA during the time! He wears gloves! You said yourself he’s been acting like Shuyin!”

Yuna stood up and pointed a furious finger in Paine’s face, “Don’t ever say that again. I don’t ever want hear this ridiculous theory of yours ever again. Gippal is right where he belongs for killing Baralai and I hope he rots there!” she shouted before storming out of the room and down the hall toward the bathroom where Tidus was showering.

The faster they got to Macalania, the better, and Yuna wanted to get there fast.

Shuyin hadn’t been at Macalania since his date with Lenne over 1000 years before. It was strange for him to think in terms like that, but it was the truth. That was how long it had been. He was shocked to see how much the woods had deteriorated since then.

“These woods are dying.” Yuna explained, “When the fayth disappeared, the forest began to do the same. Soon it’ll be gone, but I thought we’d spend the day here anyway.”

Shuyin wasn’t thrilled about the thought. Since his argument with Lenne, the thought of spending time in any place that reminded him of her didn’t make him happy. For some reason, though, Yuna seemed to really like the spot by the lake. It was almost as if it held the same memories for her as it did for Shuyin.

“It does…”

Shit. Tidus was awake again and this wasn’t the place for Shuyin to be having a long conversation with him so he remained silent and tried to force Tidus to sleep again.

“Not so fast, Shuyin,” Tidus said, laughingly, “Don’t you want to spend some quality time with me?”

Shuyin continued to ignore Tidus as he took a seat on the blanket that Yuna had laid out for the two of them. It was similar to the picnic he’d had with Lenne, except that there wasn’t any food. He was grateful for that tiny dissimilarity.

“Better hope she doesn’t ask you about our memories at this place,” Tidus taunted, “Cause I’m not gonna help you answer them right and you don’t have any clue what the answers might be.”

“I love this place,” whispered Yuna as she laid her head against his chest, “I used to come here as often as I could during those two years. It always made me feel close to you.” She smiled up at him and her eyes gleamed, “I still can’t believe we did that.”

Shuyin smiled stupidly, “Yeah, me neither.” He said, though he had no idea what she was talking about.

“Can you describe the Zanarkand sunrise to me again?” Yuna asked as she gazed out at the water lapping gently at the bark on the tree in the middle.

“Busted…” Tidus said, jokingly, but Shuyin just grinned. Tidus obviously didn’t have all of his memories yet, or he’d know that Shuyin knew that sunset like the back of his hand.

Taking a breath and gently placing a kiss on Yuna’s head, he whispered softly, “The city lights go out one by one. The stars fade...then the horizon glows, almost like it's on fire. It's kinda rose-colored, right? First in the sea, then it spreads to the sky, then to the whole city. It gets brighter and brighter, till everything glows."

“How the hell did you know that? How did you know exactly what I told her?!”

“Wow, that’s exactly how you described it to me back then.” Yuna said with a smile, turning around to kneel in front of him, “It makes me feel like we’ve gone back in time, except that I haven’t just married an unsent and neither of us is going to die.”

Shuyin laughed at the angry groan that Tidus emitted in his head as well as at the absurdity of the sentence Yuna had just uttered. He didn’t really know what she was talking about, but he was enjoying the sparkle in her eyes as she said it.

“I love you, Tidus.”

“I love you too…” Tidus whispered at the same time Shuyin said it and he felt a small flicker of guilt. He was keeping Tidus from the girl he loved just like fate had kept Shuyin from Lenne. However, when Shuyin looked into Yuna’s loving eyes, he felt something instead of just anger and hopelessness. He didn’t want to give that feeling up. He wanted to hang onto it with all of his power and see where it took him…and if Yuna was in that picture.

Yuna pressed her lips to his first and Shuyin let himself get swept up in it. He knew Tidus was still fully aware of what was going on, but Shuyin quickly gave up caring about that as Yuna’s hands traveled lower on his body in an ever present quest for his belt.

“How can you do this? What about Lenne?”

What about Lenne? Shuyin frowned a little at the thought of her and the argument they had at the ship. He had started this plan to get her back but now she wasn’t the main focus of his plans anymore. He wasn’t even sure what his plans were, but at the realization that Yuna’s hands were now inside of his pants, he forgot about that issue.

Her ministrations brought deep moans from Shuyin and a furious shout from Tidus, “You’re using her and she’s going to figure it out! She’s not stupid, Shuyin! You can’t fool her forever!”

“Shut-up, Tidus.” He muttered before sucking in his breath in a shocked gasp. Yuna’s hands stopped and she pulled them back. Shuyin propped himself up on his arms, trying to remain as calm as possible under Yuna’s probing stare, “What’s the matter, babe?” he asked, nonchalantly.

Her duel-colored eyes stared deeply into his and Shuyin felt a chill go down his spine at the lack of emotion he saw there. Wait…there was emotion in those cerulean depths.

Fear.

“Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?” she asked, a quiver in her voice.

Shuyin didn’t know what to say. One wrong answer could clue her in and then he might have to…

He didn’t want to think about it.

Giving her a smile, he replied, “I was just thinking about stuff and told myself to shut-up and enjoy what you were doing to me. That’s all.”

Yuna tried to relax but something was keeping her from doing that. Maybe it was the way that he answered her with such ease. Maybe it was fact that something had seemed a little off about him for a while now but she just couldn’t figure out what. He sat up farther and gently ran a hand over her cheek, an act that normally made her skin tingle with desire but tonight made it tingle with fear.

He was wearing leather gloves…

“He was hearing voices! He was MIA during the time! He wears gloves! You said yourself he’s been acting like Shuyin!”

Paine’s words echoed in her ears over and over and over again like a mantra. He was missing that day with no explanation then or now as to where he had been. His suspicious behavior with the ring only heightened her concerns. Was that really an engagement ring, or was it something else?

No, now she was just being silly. This was Tidus she was thinking about. Her Tidus. He wouldn’t hurt anybody, let alone her. He loved her and he liked Baralai. Why would he kill him and hurt her like that? Hurt everyone? He wouldn’t. Tidus had never killed anyone except Seymour and that was only after Seymour had attacked first. Tidus didn’t intend on killing him.

“Lemme go! I’m gonna kill that Seymour!”

Or did he…?

“Are you okay?” Shuyin asked her, fear tingeing his voice. He hoped that she hadn’t figured anything out. He didn’t want to hurt her.

Forcing herself to calm, Yuna shook her head and tried to clear the thoughts from her brain, “No, I’m fine. Just tired.” She replied as she let him wrap his arms around her and for the first time it felt like a stranger was holding her.

----------

dun dun DUN!!!!!!!!

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Coolio chapters five thumbs *. Ummm... don't tell anyone I "borrowed" 5 thumbs. She's finally finding out. Now I must go to sleep *sleeps*.

redharry123

a wanderer
YAY! NEW FANS NEW FANS! YAY YAY YAY! *does the "new fans" dance*

Anyways, BARALAI’S BACK! BARALAI’S BACK! BARALAI’S BACK! Okay, maybe not back back, but he has dialog in this chapter which is pretty good for a dead guy :)

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

SILVER WINGS 2: 1000 CONFESSIONS

Chapter Thirteen: Cryptic Hints from Beyond

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Tell me why we’re here again!” Rikku begged, trying unsuccessfully to pull her hand from Gippal’s grip as he led her up the stairs that led to the Farplane entrance. It was unnatural for an Al Bhed to willingly enter the Farplane and Rikku was no exception to that. When she had stopped by to drop off food for Gippal, she hadn’t expected to have him flip her over his shoulder and carry her to the Farplane entrance.

At least he had put her down…

“Gippal!” Rikku whined as he pulled her closer and closer to the entrance, “Al Bhed don’t go into the Farplane! What’s wrong with you?!”

“I need you to see this.” Her male counterpart insisted, pulling harder on her arm, causing the small girl to tumble into him and force the both into the Farplane entrance. Rikku frowned, but pushed herself closer to Gippal’s back. She didn’t want to admit it to him, but she was scared. The Farplane and what it represented always frightened her and that was part of the reason she never wanted to enter. The other reason was that she firmly believed in the Al Bhed motto.

“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

“Oh stop that.” Gippal said with a smirk over his shoulder, “This isn’t going to kill you, ya know.”

Rikku frowned, “Please don’t talk about death in the Farplane!” she hissed, “It might be bad luck or something.”

Ignoring Gippal’s laughter as it echoed along the walls of the hallway that led to the Farplane’s main room, Rikku tried to focus on anything but the fact that she was in the one place she had sworn she would never enter. Her final attempt to pull her hand away from Gippal failed and she found herself roughly pulled into the main room.

Baralai’s visage appeared almost instantly and she realized that Gippal had been mentally prepared. She felt his grip loosen and Rikku thought about running, but she felt herself inexplicably drawn to Baralai’s figure. Gippal followed close behind her as she came to stop a few feet back from him, “Why are we here, Gippal?”

“I wanted him to tell you what he told me.”

Rikku cocked an eyebrow at Gippal, “Are you feeling okay?” she asked, “Farplane ghosts can’t talk. They are just reactions to the memories. Pyreflies make them.”

“Well that’s not very nice, Rikku.”

Rikku let out a terrified scream and jumped back, bumping firmly into Gippal’s chest as she pointed a trembling finger at the visage of Baralai, “He t…ta…talked!”

“I know I did.” Baralai said, a small smile forming on his features, “It’s good to see you again.”

Rikku couldn’t stop her body from shaking as she pushed harder up against Gippal and whispered to Baralai, “You’re not real. Farplane ghosts aren’t real…”

“That’s very true,” Baralai replied, “Farplane ghosts aren’t real, but I am. I’m not a Farplane ghost. The true spirit can visit the Farplane, although most of the time they don’t. They can even have conversations with loved ones although, as far as I know, I’m the first one to do this.”

“Tell her what you told me, Bar.” Gippal said to him.

Baralai nodded, “The locket holds the key to the killer.”

“This had better be important, Nooj.” Paine said as she entered Nooj’s library at the Youth League headquarters in a huff, “Yuna didn’t come home last night and I’m worried.”

Nooj gave his female counterpart a grim look, “Well, if my gut instinct is right then you have a reason to be worried. We all do…”

It was in that moment that Paine realized LeBlanc was standing in the corner of the room with a short, bald man…

Cid!

“What’s going on?” she asked, narrowing her eyes at Nooj.

“Well, two things,” replied the tall man, “First of all, Gippal broke out of jail yesterday and we don’t think he did it alone.”

“It was that damn headstrong daughter of mine! I know it!” Cid shouted, suddenly starting forward and pounding his hand on Nooj’s desk, “I don’t know what goes through her head sometimes!”

Crimson eyes locked with brown, “What’s the other thing?”

“We found out where Baralai went before he died.”

Paine wasn’t prepared for this, yet somehow she felt in her gut that she already knew the answer.

“He went to the Cave of Woe.” Cid interrupted with a characteristic shout, “A couple of Al Bhed flew him there.”

LeBlanc sauntered closer to the action and lifted three pictures off of Nooj’s desk, handing them to Paine. The female looked at them closely. It was snapshots of the three skulls that they found in the cave. LeBlanc motioned to them, “The more I think about it, love. I don’t think Tidus was looking for them.”

Nooj nodded, “I agree with LeBlanc. Whatever he was looking for was still in the cave when he left and…”

“Baralai found it…” Paine finished the sentence, yet never took her eyes off of the pictures. A chill went up her spine and she looked at Cid, “Why hasn’t there been a huge announcement about Gippal’s escape?”

Cid was uncharacteristically quiet in his response and Paine had to strain to hear him, “We arrested the wrong person,” he replied, “and we all know it now. I just didn’t want word to get out to the real killer just yet. I’ve got my little niece to worry about.”

Those were words that Paine never truly thought she’d hear. Cid adored Tidus almost as much as he adored Gippal. If Cid believed that Tidus was the killer…

“Gippal is staying at Chateau LeBlanc,” LeBlanc suddenly said, “Rikku is probably there. I suggest we go in full strength before we confront Tidus about this.”

Paine felt her hands tremble and thought for the first time that even the most stoic couldn’t hold in emotions this strong. She stared into Nooj’s eyes and he into hers, “We do this for Baralai.”

“For Baralai,” the former leader repeated as he, LeBlanc, and Paine said goodbyes to Cid and headed off for Guadosalam.

She almost cried out at the sight. The pyreflies were forming around his body. She could see through his hands; through his entire body. Her breath caught in her throat and she could feel tears forming, “No!” she shouted in a hoarse whisper.

He looked at her with sadness in his eyes, "Yuna, I have to go. I'm sorry I couldn't show you Zanarkand.” He turned to leave, “ Goodbye!"

"Hey!" cried Wakka. He looked like a wounded child.

Rikku jumped forward, "We're gonna see you again...?"

She couldn’t take it. She had to hold him. She had to feel his arms around her the way they had been in Macalania. If only she had chosen not to go on. If only she had done the selfish thing for once. If only…

"Yuna!"

She heard Kimahri shout to her, but she didn’t stop. She jumped forward to hold him but found herself passing through him. She sailed through his body and landed hard on the deck of the ship, her face down.

He was going…she couldn’t stop it.

A pyrefly floated past her eyes as she lay defeated on the ship. She watched it as she slowly climbed back to her feet. She couldn’t turn to look at him. She couldn’t watch him vanish, knowing it was her fault.

If only…

"I love you." She whispered into the air. She sensed him approaching although she could no longer feel the heat radiating from his body. She knew he was behind her. His arms wrapped around her gently and she stifled a cry when she couldn’t feel him.

The embrace lasted only a moment. Yuna shivered when she felt him pass through her. The coldness was a shock to her system. It was so different then when he’d held her or touched her before. It was the touch of the Farplane that he gave her now.

Dead for 1000 years…

He’d been dead for 1000 years.

She made no move to stop him as he dove off of the front of the ship. The only move she made was to fall to her knees when there was no splash in the water below.

Yuna’s let out a scream as she broke to conciousness. It took her a moment to realize where she was. She was still at Macalania and she was with…Tidus.

His concerned eyes searched hers as he touched her shoulder softly, “Are you okay?”

Yuna nodded. She wanted nothing more then to wrap her arms around him and let him hug away the fear, but the realization that his leather gloves were caressing her bare shoulders brought back her fears from earlier. She looked around, “Did we fall asleep?”

“Well, you fell first,” Tidus clarified, “and I fell after that.”

The leather on her skin as drawing goosebumps up and down her body and Yuna had to do something to get him to take those gloves off. She just couldn’t stand it. She couldn’t stand it anymore! Suddenly, she remembered that she had brought his blitzball. She had wanted to show him how good she had gotten since he had faded and now seemed as good a time as any. It would at least get him to take those damned gloves off.

She rose quickly and grabbed the ball, motioning with it toward the water, “You wanna play?”

Sparkling blue eyes and a broad grin were her response and, to her great relief, he pulled the gloves from his hands and dropped them onto the blanket as he pulled his shirt over his head and waded into the water. Yuna let her eyes wander his toned torso before removing the half-skirt she wore and joined him.

“Can you do something for me?” she asked with a cautious smile. She was almost afraid to ask him to do this, but needed to see it with her own eyes.

“What is it?”

“Can you do the Jecht Shot for me?”

“That was the Jecht Shot, wasn’t it?”

“How do you know that?”

“Sir Jecht showed it to me when I was a child. He called it the ‘Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III.’”

Her fears could be thrown out the window if Tidus successfully performed that shot. She wouldn’t have to worry anymore. Her worries and sudden suspicions could be forgotten. She waited for Tidus to suddenly smile with the confidence she was used to seeing, but instead he got a confused look on his face.

It was almost as if he didn’t know what she was talking about…

“Jecht Shot?”

Yuna thought for sure her heart stopped. She had died right there, she was sure of it. The man treding water in front of her wasn’t Tidus. She was sure of it now. He wasn’t Tidus…

But…no. He had to be Tidus. Who else would he be? He had Tidus’ pear shaped birthmark on his hip. He had Tidus’ goofy smile. Tidus was just having an off day. That’s why he didn’t know what she was talking about.

Right???

“Nevermind.” Yuna said, “It’s not important.

“The locket holds the what now?” Rikku asked, scrunching her face in confusion.

Baralai laughed a little, “Same old Rikku, I see.” He said with a smirk before continuing, “Unfortunately I can’t tell you who killed me. That’s against the rules. I can only give you a hint and my hint is this. Find the locket and find my killer.”

“Who makes up such stupid rules?!” Rikku shrieked before pointing a finger at him, “Seymour’s father told us who killed him!”

“No he didn’t.” Baralai clarified, “Jyscal gave you a sphere he recorded before his death. That was his ‘hint’, although his is more overt then mine. He was unable to say that Seymour killed him after death.”

“Where is the locket?” Gippal asked, “Can you tell us that?”

Baralai shook his head, “No. I’m sorry. I can tell you one other thing.” He said, “If you speak with Paine, she will shed light on the situation.” Baralai’s visage turned and looked behind him as if there was something there. Rikku couldn’t see anything but assumed that perhaps Baralai could see something. He turned his eyes back to his friends and gave them a smile, “I must be going back.” He said, “It really was wonderful to see you again. And don’t worry about me, I’m fine. And I have faith that you will find my killer and see him brought to justice.”

“We will, Bar,” Gippal said, “I promise.”

For a few moments after Baralai vanished, Rikku and Gippal stood next to each other in silence until Rikku looked into his eyes, “What made you come here?”

“I wanted to apologize to him,” replied Gippal, motioning with his hands toward the exit, “I wanted to tell him how sorry I was about how I acted the last time we’d seen each other.”

“I understand that,” Rikku said as the duo reached the exit, “I mean, I probably would have done the same…”

“Wait!”

Rikku and Gippal spun around and saw that Baralai had reappeared. He smiled, “I’m glad I caught you both.” He said, “I almost forgot to tell you something important.”

“What is it?” Rikku asked.

“Take what you know and go to the fayth. He will take your clues and form answers for you. He knows the entire story. He is the reason this is happening.”

Rikku frowned, “Is Shuyin possessing Tidus?” she asked.

A smile formed on Baralai’s lips, “Do you remember our conversation on the Celsius, Rikku? When Tidus was acting so strangely?”

Rikku nodded, “I said that he couldn’t be possessed since there weren’t any pyreflies.”

The deceased blonde nodded, “You just thought of both of them.” He said, “but neither have appeared. There is a reason for that, Rikku. Think more on your thoughts behind Tidus’ strange behavior. Take that theory to the fayth. He’ll explain it more.”

The visage started to fade and Rikku felt a tear slide down her cheek, “Goodbye, Baralai.”

“Goodbye, Rikku.” He said, “Goodbye, Gippal. And dry those tears, Rikku. I’m happy here, really! Jecht is teaching me blitzball!”

NOTE: Okay, I’ve decided to do the final installment of Silver Wings, to be called “Silver Wings 3: Back Into My Arms”. I do intend on making this the last in the Silver Wings saga. I think a trilogy is a good idea. It will have FF8 crossover although I’m still plotting if I want to have the FF8 characters just as backdrop people or if I want to give some of them a major part. I’d love to explain the storyline I’m working on, but it’ll kind of spoil the ending to 1000 Confessions, so you all are just going to have to wait and see what happens! Haha! Again, thanks for the reviews. They are the reason I keep writing.

Love,

Redharry123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back