• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings 2: 1000 Confessions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redharry123

a wanderer
For those of you who have not read my story “Silver Wings”, I suggest that you do before reading “Silver Wings 2: 1000 Confessions”. Although “Silver Wings 2: 1000 Confessions” is a separate entity from “Silver Wings” there will be references to dialogue and characters from “Silver Wings” that someone who hasn’t read it will be unable to understand. Also, translations for any Al Bhed that I use in this story can be found at the end of the chapter. This chapter is basically a rehash of the ending to both FFX and FFX-2 so therefore this entire chapter is a SPOILER for those who haven’t beaten either game. You have been warned.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

SILVER WINGS 2: 1000 CONFESSIONS

Chapter One: Not Until the End…Always

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

As she walked through the flower fields of the Farplane, Yuna listened for a whistle. Her heart ached to hear a whistle and to see him again, if only for a moment. Seeing Shuyin and defeating him had caused Yuna to realize how much she truly needed Tidus near her. Shuyin had spent 1000 years without the woman he loved and it had driven him insane.

Yuna feared the same thing would happen to her.

Rikku and Paine had run on ahead and Yuna paused for just a moment to look around. This was the first place she had seen Shuyin and when, for a moment, she had thought Tidus had returned to her.

That’s when she heard it. A piercing whistle broke the silence and Yuna spun around expecting to see Tidus, but instead she saw the Bevelle fayth child. Her disappointed look must have been noticed by the fayth because his aura seemed to take on that of pity. Still dressed all in purple, the fayth said, “Thank you.”

Yuna nodded. It was her job, after all, to save the world. She was the high summoner – well, ex-summoner – and the people still depended on her. Besides, she couldn’t let someone with the face of the person she loved most in the world destroy her life. Although it would give her the opportunity to be with Tidus again on the Farplane, she would once again save the world so that she could live another lonely day without him.

The fayth smiled at her, “You wish to walk with him again?”

Yuna wasn’t sure if she’d heard him right. The fayth was offering her another chance with Tidus? Was that even possible? He was a dream. He hadn’t truly existed. Her answer came faster than her brain realized and before she knew it she was nodding her head yes. Yes, she wanted him back. Yes, she didn’t want to go another day without him.

“I can’t make any promises,” the fayth said, “but I’ll see what I can do.”

She didn’t need to turn to know that he was behind her. She could sense his presence easily. Her heart always skipped a beat when he was near. She stared out at the water surrounding her, “I always thought that this would be easier somehow. I thought that everyone would help me...with all my new friends together beside me,” she sighed, "I've been trying so hard."

"Maybe you're trying too hard." He replied as he waded into the water with her. The ripples tickled her skin as he neared, "They told me...everything."

She turned to look at him, “Everything?" His nod realized her worst fears. He knew what she must do. He knew what her future held. Would he leave? Oh how she hoped not, "Well, so then... you know." She said after a moment.

"Yeah" he stepped behind her in the water, “I'm sorry." He whispered. She turned to face him and stared into his aqua eyes. That wasn’t what she was expecting. An angry demand as to why he was the last to know was what she expected. She didn’t expect him to be sorry. Her eyes seemed to convey her confusion and he continued, “It's just, you know... all those things I said. Like "Let's go get Sin!" Or about Zanarkand...I didn't know what would happen to you, Yuna." He heaved a deep breath, "I guess... I hope it didn't make you sad. Forgive me."

She smiled, “I wasn't sad." She replied, “I was happy."

He dove underwater in front of her and then surfaced again, surfaced again, "Yuna, just don't do it."

"The pilgrimage?"

"That's right." He nodded, "Forget all about Sin, about being a summoner. Forget all that. You know, live a normal life. Come on now, Yuna, what do you say?"

She thought about it for a moment. A normal life… She could be with him. She could throw it all away and go after the one feeling that she wanted to hang on to. She locked eyes with him, "Maybe I will. Wouldn't everyone be surprised?"

He nodded, "Yeah. Except Rikku. She'd be with you." He paused thoughtfully and then said, "Lulu and Wakka wouldn't hold out long."

She grinned, "Kimahri would say yes, too, I know.” She paused, “But Sir Auron..."

He shook his head as if trying to shake away the doubt that was forming in her head, "I'll make him understand, Yuna. It's the least I can do for you."

"No, I should tell him. He deserves it." Stretching out her full length, she allowed herself to float on her back and stare at the sky. As she stared at the beautiful stars, the inevitable question came to her mind and before she could stop herself, she formed words, "What'll I do if I give up my pilgrimage?"

He seemed lost in thought for a moment before standing in the water again and facing her, “Hey! Zanarkand! Let's go to Zanarkand! Not the one in Spira, the one I'm from." His smile widened on his handsome features and his eyes lit, "Yeah, we can all fly there. Everyone can go! Then we'll have a big party at my place!"

She allowed herself to get caught up in the happy portrait he was painting. She stood in front of him and grinned, "And then we could see Blitzball!"

"Yeah!"

"Your Zanarkand Abes would play!" she cried, "We could all watch you play, in the stadium all lit up at night! I'd cheer and cheer till I couldn't cheer anymore!

"Right on!"

She wrinkled her nose in wonder, "Well, what about after the game?"

"We'd go out and have fun!" he replied as if it was the simplest answer in the world.

"In the middle of the night?"

He laughed, "No problem! Zanarkand never sleeps!" He lay back in the water and focused on the sky again. She watched him, barely disguising the love she felt, as he began to talk again, "Let's go to the sea, before the sunrise. The city lights go out one by one. The stars fade...Then the horizon glows, almost like it's on fire." He smiled as he remembered his home town. She wished she had fond memories of her hometown, but Bevelle wasn’t the type of place one remembered fondly, "It's kinda rose-colored, right?” he continued, “First in the sea, then it spreads to the sky, then to the whole city. It gets brighter and brighter, till everything glows. It's really...pretty. I know you'd like it."

"I'd like to see it, someday." She whispered.

He stood again excitedly, "Well you can, Yuna. We can both go!"

Her tears started flowing faster then she could stop them. She didn’t want him to see her crying, but she just couldn’t stop. It just wasn’t fair. She wanted to be with him, but she had to journey. Why couldn’t life be simple? Her shoulders started rocking with her sobs and she sensed him approach her, "Yu..?"

"I can't. I just can't!" she shouted, "I can't go!"

He walked up to her and touched her shoulder tenderly, "Yuna”. She lifted her face at the sound of her name and looked into his deep blue eyes. For a moment they seemed filled with confusion, and as quickly as that the emotion changed to one that she had been hoping to see in his eyes for so long.

The initial pressure of his lips was foreign, but his kiss was so much more passionate and loving than Seymour’s and she gradually let herself get lost in it.

And how lost she became….

Afterward on the beach, they sat staring out on the water. She could tell that he was waiting for her to speak. She knew that he was waiting for her to tell him her plans regarding the pilgrimage. She glanced at him before whispering, "I'll continue. I must. If I give up now...I could do anything I wanted to, and yet..." she looked at him, “Even if I was with you, I could never forget."

He nodded and connected eyes with her, "I'll go with you. I'm your guardian. Unless I'm...fired?"

She laughed when he made a throat slitting motion with his hand and she shook her head, “Stay with me until the end. Please."

He shook his head, "Not until the end..." he replied, "Always."

She smiled and felt a swell of love for this star blitzball player, "Always, then."

But always had come too soon. Always wasn’t supposed to come so soon. There were so many things they were supposed to do together. So many promises that they’d made to each other.

She almost cried out at the sight. The pyreflies were forming around his body. She could see through his hands; through his entire body. Her breath caught in her throat and she could feel tears forming, “No!” she shouted in a hoarse whisper.

He looked at her with sadness in his eyes, "Yuna, I have to go. I'm sorry I couldn't show you Zanarkand.” He turned to leave, “ Goodbye!"

"Hey!" cried Wakka. He looked like a wounded child.

Rikku jumped forward, "We're gonna see you again...?"

She couldn’t take it. She had to hold him. She had to feel his arms around her the way they had been in Macalania. If only she had chosen not to go on. If only she had done the selfish thing for once. If only…

"Yuna!"

She heard Kimahri shout to her, but she didn’t stop. She jumped forward to hold him but found herself passing through him. She sailed through his body and landed hard on the deck of the ship, her face down.

He was going…she couldn’t stop it.

A pyrefly floated past her eyes as she lay defeated on the ship. She watched it as she slowly climbed back to her feet. She couldn’t turn to look at him. She couldn’t watch him vanish, knowing it was her fault.

If only…

"I love you." She whispered into the air. She sensed him approaching although she could no longer feel the heat radiating from his body. She knew he was behind her. His arms wrapped around her gently and she stifled a cry when she couldn’t feel him.

The embrace lasted only a moment. Yuna shivered when she felt him pass through her. The coldness was a shock to her system. It was so different then when he’d held her or touched her before. It was the touch of the Farplane that he gave her now.

Dead for 1000 years…

He’d been dead for 1000 years.

She made no move to stop him as he dove off of the front of the ship. The only move she made was to fall to her knees when there was no splash in the water below.

“Yunie! Wake up!” hissed Rikku, shaking Yuna violently, “We’re almost at Besaid.”

Yuna opened her eyes sleepily and looked about the room. After cruising along on the deck of the Celsius for several hours after the immediate defeat of Vegnagun, she’d wandered into the cabin to rest. Barkeep had turned the lights off and left her alone. She felt more rested than she normally did after dreams of Tidus. Their time together had been so short. All she wanted was one more chance.

The fayth had said he’d try, but that he couldn’t promise anything. Yuna was used to heartbreak and didn’t want to get her hopes up. Why would the fayth start dreaming again, just so that she could hold her only love?

The answer was simple…

It wouldn’t.

She stretched her lithe form and wandered (actually, was pushed by Rikku) down the stairs and to the elevator that whisked the cousins to the bridge.

“We’re going to land on the beach.” Buddy said as the girls entered. Yuna nodded and smiled at Paine who was brooding in a corner. She stifled a laugh. Paine was so much like Lulu. A journey didn’t seem complete without a brooding friend along.

It also didn’t seem complete without Tidus to make her laugh…

Yuna sighed heavily and then gasped when Brother was by her side in a flash, “Yna oui celg?"

“What?” questioned Yuna. Although she was half Al Bhed, the beautiful former summoner had never learned the language which forced Brother – Rikku’s brother, Yuna’s cousin – to speak in broken English.

Brother didn’t mind too much, though. He had a crush on Yuna which disgusted Rikku more than it did Yuna. She thought it was sweet and humorous. Besides, Brother knew there was no chance for them. The Al Bhed cleared his throat and questioned again in English, “Are you sick?”

Yuna shook her head, “No. I’m fine.”

Brother nodded and went back to his seat at the helm of the Celsius. It wasn’t the ship that she had ridden on with Tidus, but the airship still reminded her of him.

Everything reminded her of him.

Yuna leaned casually against a nearby wall and focused her attentions on her knee-high black boots. She knew she was brooding like Paine, but she didn’t particularly care at the moment.

"Fryd dra ramm ec dryd?" Brother suddenly cursed.

“What is what?” asked Rikku as she pushed her way passed Buddy and up towards Brother to look out the window. Pushing a blond strand out of her hair, Rikku gasped, "Ed lyh'd pa."

Paine stepped forward at that, “What can’t be, Rikku?” she asked. Her knowledge of Al Bhed had come from her travels with Gippal, the leader of the Machine Faction who had ties to Rikku – those of which the perky blond didn’t want to discuss. Paine’s gasp at the sight of whatever was below them caused Yuna to wander closer to the window and peer down into the water.

Her eyes focused and she gasped.

Seeing him from the bridge of the Celsius filled her heart with such joy. There he was, standing waist high in the water just outside of Besaid. His blond hair reflecting the sun and his bronzed chest heaving with every breath he took.

She could hardly contain herself as she fled to the deck of the ship. Retaining her balance as Brother lurched the ship closer to the ground was almost impossible and she stumbled slightly before jumping off of the ship. She heard shouts from her friends behind her but she didn’t care. Her feet hit solid ground with a thud but she didn’t stop. Her arms; her entire body was longing to hold him. It had been longing to hold him for 2 years, so badly that she felt as though physical pain was inevitable. Finally her chance to do so was there and she wasn’t going to stop for anyone or anything.

He turned to her and smiled. Extending his arms to welcome her, she leapt the last few steps and wrapped her arms tightly around his toned torso. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes, “You’re here.”

Her eyes searched his face and body as if looking for some sign that he would vanish at any moment. She was so scared that she was imagining this amazing miracle. His blue eyes fixed on hers, “Do I pass?”

She nodded happily and held him close to her. She could feel his breath against her neck and shivered happily. He was back. He was with her. Nothing was going to change that.

“Hey you two! Get a room!” shouted Wakka from the beach. Yuna looked at the beach and laughed. Practically all of Besaid was standing there watching her reunion with the love of her life. She didn’t know why they were there. Was it because the airship was about to land and they wanted to greet her? Was it because they saw him too?

Did it even matter?

Tidus waved at Wakka, “Who told you to watch, Wakka?” he shouted back before placing a hand around her waist. She grinned and grabbed his hand. She felt flesh and bone beneath his glove. He really was back. She wasn’t sailing through him this time. She was touching him.

He was back.

The two started running toward the beach with Tidus in the lead but Yuna didn’t like the speed and advanced, pulling him harder to keep up. He struggled to maintain her speed while laughing and shouting, “You know, you sure have changed.”

“Well, you missed a few things.” She responded as their feet exited the water and landed on the sand.

“I want to hear all about it.” He replied. The Besaid Aurochs surrounded them, hugging and shaking Tidus’s hand.

She nudged him gently and whispered, “Well, it all started when I found this sphere of you.”

AL BHED TRANSLATION

Yna oui celg? – Are you sick?

Fryd dra ramm ec dryd? – What the hell is that?

Ed lyh'd pa. – It can’t be.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Please leave a review!:D

SoRaBhK_dUdE

*twitch* IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!! WOO HOO CHAPTER. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL CHAPTER 2!!!!!!! YYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

redharry123

a wanderer
The italicized lines in this chapter are flashes of memories that Tidus doesn’t understand. For right now, the lines are from the game but in subsequent chapters the lines might be from ‘Silver Wings’ so again, if you haven’t read it, I suggest you do. This story is meant to mostly stand on its own, but it does refer to dialog and characters from ‘Silver Wings’ and it won’t be completely explained until the end of the story. Also, Tidus calls someone by a different name in this chapter. This WILL NOT be addressed further. It is up to you to decide whether this was a “mistake” or whether this person really used to be who Tidus briefly thinks. I can’t even say for sure whether I know. All I know is that I hadn’t thought about this possible connection when I created my character in Silver Wings but now looking back I suppose these two characters are similar to each other.

SPOILER WARNING: Yuna tells Tidus about her journey in FFX-2 in this chapter. Therefore there are spoilers in this chapter. She doesn’t get specific but she does discuss what happens after the defeat of the final boss.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Chapter Two: Memories

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

It was truly amazing how many people had turned up in Besaid to welcome Tidus back. He hadn’t gotten a chance to breath without someone else grabbing his hand and wishing him well. Once she finally got him alone, it was only to introduce him to a few new friends he hadn’t met yet. With his gloved hand gripping hers tightly, Yuna led him toward the Gullwings. She pointed at Paine and said, “This is Paine. She’s a member of the Gullwings like I am.” She grinned at him, “The Gullwings is a sphere hunting group and I joined up when Kimahri found this sphere on Gagazet that looked like you in it.”

Tidus smiled at Paine, “Nice to meet you.” He said as he extended his free hand.

Paine stared at him without a smile. Her eyes roamed up and down his body before she nodded curtly and said, “I suppose you were worth all the trouble.”

“Um…thanks?” Tidus asked with a question in his look to Yuna. His blue eyes focused back on Paine and he asked, “Are you related to Lulu?”

“No.” came the curt reply as Paine turned and walked away.

Yuna’s bicolored eyes danced as she laughed and said to Tidus, “Paine’s always like that, but she’s one of my closest friends.”

“Second only to me, right?!” a shrill shriek came from across the way. It was Rikku and Tidus’s eyes widened as the half-naked, completely drunk Al Bhed girl made her way toward them. Yuna had to stifle a giggle at the way Tidus was staring at Rikku. It wasn’t in a lustful gaze that would make her jealous. In fact, he was staring at her as if wondering if the circus had come to town.

And she thought he’d been shocked by her outfit.

“Rikku?” Tidus asked as if half expecting her to say no.

The blond nodded and lurched toward him before bracing herself against his chest to keep from landing face first in the sand, “Yeppers…”she said. She poked his stomach and said, “You’d better get back into shape if you’re going to be ready for the game tomorrow.”

“What game?” Tidus asked.

“The Aurochs got a game tomorrow, ya.” Wakka’s jovial voice came from behind him.

Tidus spun around and smiled at his best friend and Lulu who was holding tiny Vidina in her arms. He ran a hand through his matted blond hair and said, “I still can’t believe you two got married…”

“Well, believe it, ya!” Wakka said laughingly, “I got the papers to prove it!”

Tidus laughed and wrapped an arm around Yuna’s waist, “So where are you guys playing tomorrow?”

“Luca.”

Tidus’ eyes gleamed and he looked at Yuna with an excited look, “That means we’d have to take the airship.” He winked, “I really want to ride that thing…”

Yuna laughed, “Of course you do.” She replied, “So we will.”

After the party, Yuna and Tidus had retired to the crew quarters on the Celsius. The other members of the Gullwings had decided to stay in Besaid for the night to give them some time alone. As she watched Tidus strip down to his boxers, Yuna’s hand started trembling a little. She felt stupid for being so afraid of asking him to make love to her. What if he didn’t want to?? That was a question that plagued her and forced her to keep her mouth shut as he climbed under the sheets with her and wrapped an arm around her waist, “I want to hear all about your journey.” He said.

Yuna had partially been dreading this too. She was afraid that he’d be upset when she told him she thought Shuyin was him. In retrospect, he and Shuyin didn’t look very much alike to her. They carried themselves differently and Shuyin’s hair was long and hung into his eyes, their clothes were different too, but back then it had seemed like they did really resemble each other and Tidus might be upset that she couldn’t tell the difference between them.

She took a breath. She had to take the chance. He asked and she said she’d tell him all about it, so she will, “Well, like I said it all started with this sphere of you. At least, I thought it was you. Kimahri found it near Gagazet and it is what caused me to join the Gullwings and what ultimately led me to you.”

“What was the sphere of?”

“It looked like you, in a cage, being held prisoner. It turned out that it wasn’t you, though. It was someone named…Shuyin.”

“Shuyin…in a cage?” Tidus repeated as if trying to place where he’d heard that name before.

“If you’d stop attacking, there wouldn’t be a war!”

Tidus spun around and looked frantically around the room. Where did that voice come from? Yuna placed a worried hand on his shoulder, “Are you okay?”

The blonde blitzer nodded as he returned his attention to the beautiful former summoner, “I’m fine, just thought I heard something.” He smiled at her, “Go on.”

“After I joined the Gullwings, we went on journeys all over Spira to find more spheres with who we thought was you in them. We found several more and one was with Shuyin standing before the colossus, Vegnagun.”

“You know you’re all I can count on to save Lenne.”

Tidus let out a startled cry and jumped to his feet, “I know I heard something this time.” He said as he dropped to his knees and crawled halfway under the bed in search of the mysterious voice. His torso was completely under the bed when he realized he couldn’t get any further. The bed was too low to the ground.

“Tidus?” Yuna called as she leaned over the bed and pulled on his legs, “Come out from under there.”

The blitzer complied and slowly climbed back onto the bed next to Yuna, “I’m really sorry. I just keep hearing someone.”

“I don’t hear anything.” Yuna whispered, “Do you want me to stop?”

Tidus shook his head, “No, I said I wanted to hear all about it and I meant it.” He kissed her cheek, “Keep going.”

“Anyway,” Yuna continued, still with a worried look in her eye, “It turned out that years before, Shuyin’s soul had possessed Nooj – you’ll meet him tomorrow – and now was possessing Baralai – and you’ll meet him tomorrow too.” Yuna squirmed on the bed and laid her head on Tidus’ shoulder, “Anyway, we finally realized that Shuyin wasn’t you and in fact he had lived in Zanarkand – the real one – 1000 years ago and had been killed by Bevelle soldiers along with his girlfriend, Lenne.”

“You must stop! That’s enough!”

Tidus jumped a little but forced himself to remain calm. He was hearing voices, sure, but that was no reason to upset Yuna. It was probably just an after effect of being brought back to life by the fayth. He smiled at her concerned look, “I just got a chill. Go on.”

“Shuyin was determined to destroy Spira because he blamed all of Spira for the death of himself and Lenne. For some reason he thought I was Lenne but when he realized I wasn’t and we had destroyed Vegnagun, he attacked us. That’s when we defeated him.”

“What happened to him after that?”

Yuna shrugged, “He’s in the Farplane, I guess. Lenne’s essence was in my songstress dressphere so whenever I put it on I could feel her emotions and had her memories. I suppose I became her briefly. After we stopped Shuyin, she walked out of my dressphere and disappeared with him.” She smiled, “I’m glad they’re together.”

Tidus brought his lips down upon Yuna’s in a soft kiss. His tongue played at her mouth until it opened to allow him access. He pulled the girl down on top of him and caressed her face with his eyes closed. He slowly opened his eyes and gazed into her deep brown orbs…

Brown??

The girl on top of him resembled Yuna but it wasn’t her. Her hair was too long, her eyes were brown. She even smelled differently. Yuna smelled like vanilla. This girl smelled like lavender. Tidus slammed his lids shut and then opened them to find Yuna in her place above him with a concerned look on her face. Her scent was vanilla again, her eyes were blue and green, her hair was short. Tidus could feel his hands beginning to shake, “I’m pretty tired,” he said, “So I think I’m going to go to sleep now.” And with a quick movement, he rolled Yuna off of him and then quickly turned so that his back faced her.

Within minutes Yuna could hear his steady breathing and frowned. When he had begun kissing her, she had hoped that they wouldn’t have been going immediately to sleep. Something had stopped him, though. He had looked at her like he’d never seen her before. Didn’t he love her? Didn’t he want her?

Did she make a mistake in wanting him back?

Luca was just as big and glamorous as Tidus remembered and he squeezed Yuna’s hand in excitement as they got off of the Celsius near the boating dock the following day. It reminded him of the time during her pilgrimage that they’d docked in Luca, only this time neither of them was going toward their deaths.

The last time in Luca had been an exciting time for Tidus. He had been part of the Aurochs and looking forward to helping them bring the crystal cup back to Besaid. It was also the first time the group had met their nemesis, Seymour Guado. Tidus hated Seymour from the first moment he laid eyes on the half human, half guado. Maybe it was the way Seymour seemed just a little too nice. Maybe it was they way everyone was bowing down to him like he was a god. Then again, it was probably just the way he looked at Yuna.

“I just love Luca. Don’t you Tidus?” Rikku asked him as the permanently perky blonde bounced head of the group. Tidus couldn’t understand why Rikku’s head wasn’t pounding from a hangover. The Al Bhed had downed almost an entire keg of beer on her own and with her tiny frame, she should have been unconscious on the floor.

“It is a beautiful city.” Tidus agreed as his eyes played about the city. Even after the defeat of Sin, it didn’t come close to comparing to Zanarkand in size and grandeur, but Tidus couldn’t help but really love the city.

Rikku nodded and her blonde braids bounced in her eyes, “Oh yes, so beautiful and…” she stopped and made a face, “Fryd tu oui fyhd.” She said to a blonde man with an eye patch and a swagger that was making his way toward them. He was with another blonde man, a blonde woman, and a man with a robotic arm.

“Du lraan dra Aurochs du jelduno.” The man replied to Rikku’s cold stare. He turned to Tidus and said, “The name’s Gippal. It’s nice to finally meet the guy Lady Yuna’s been nuts over.”

Tidus smiled. He decided right then and there that he liked this Gippal person. He reminded him of someone, but he wasn’t sure who, “It’s nice to meet you too, Gippal.”

Pointing to each as he spoke, Gippal said, “I used to lead the Machine Faction. This is Baralai, former leader of New Yevon. This is Nooj, former leader of the Youth League.”

Tidus’ eyes locked with the woman next to Nooj. If Gippal reminded him of someone, then this girl definitely did. It was the way she was standing. She carried herself with a self important air about her. He knew her…

Gippal continued, “And this is Nooj’s ladylove…”

“Allyn?” Tidus whispered half to himself. Who the hell was Allyn??

The woman laughed haughtily and waved her fan in front of her face, “Sorry love. The name’s LeBlanc.” She leaned closer to Nooj and asked, “So who’s Allyn? Fancying someone more than Yuna already?!”

Tidus shook his head and tightened his grip on Yuna’s hand, “No, I don’t know where that name came from. Sorry about that.”

LeBlanc shook her hand in the air, “Not to worry, love. No harm done.”

Tidus tried to ignore Yuna’s concerned look and focused on the buildings that lined the streets as he followed the four new people toward the stadium. The Aurochs – including Wakka – had already made their way to the locker room. Tidus was disappointed that he wasn’t playing with them, but had already discussed with Wakka the possibility of rejoining for the next season. Since this season had already started, Tidus needed to sit out, but he was welcoming it. It gave him a chance to spend time with Yuna without blitzball practices getting in the way.

Yuna nudged him softly and pulled his head down to hers to kiss his lips gently, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Tidus replied as he rubbed his nose against hers, “Always and forever…”

A noise caused the duo to break apart and Tidus burst out laughing as Gippal and Rikku began to gag themselves. Rikku elbowed Gippal and pointed to Tidus and Yuna, “Kind of gets you right here,” she said as she smacked herself in the stomach, “doesn’t it?”

Gippal nodded, “Yeah, you two. This isn’t a soap opera!”

Yuna felt her cheeks blush crimson and she said, “Stop teasing me!” Grabbing Tidus’ hand, the group started to walk up the steps that led to the blitzball stadium grandstand. It had been a long time since Tidus had been here. The last time was two years before, when Tidus was a scared little boy who didn’t understand the world that he had suddenly been thrust into. He had been scared and alone, but this was the place that Auron rejoined him. This was the true beginning of his journey. Before Luca, Tidus had just been following along behind a group of people he didn’t understand just so that he could feel as though he belonged, but Luca was the place that made him realize that he really did belong. This was the place Tidus was told that his father, Jecht, had been turned into Sin. This was where he knew that fighting alongside Yuna was his destiny.

“Sir Tidus!!!” a shrill shriek came from behind him and Tidus spun around and unconsciously put his hand on the butt of his sword before he realized that the shriek came from Shelinda, the Yevonite that they had run into several times during Yuna’s pilgrimage.

The woman was still dressed in her signature green dress but this time was armed with a microphone and a cameraman, “What’s going on, Shelinda?” he asked, eyeing the cameraman suspiciously.

“I’m a reporter now, Tidus. I was so happy to hear about your return!” the redhead said, “I was wondering if you’d grant me an interview.”

Tidus scratched his head and looked at Yuna who gave him a grin and took a step back, “He’s all yours, Shelinda.” Yuna said as she shot Tidus a teasing look and stood next to Paine, well away from the cameraman.

“Great!” Shelinda cried as she ran next to Tidus and signaled for the camera to start rolling before Tidus could say anything, “This is Shelinda and I’m here with Sir Tidus, High Summoner Yuna’s former guardian and current boyfriend who has just returned to the public eye after being out of sight for almost two years.” She smiled at Tidus and asked, “So where were you, Sir Tidus? The public is dying to know.”

“Dying…” Tidus said with a laugh, “that’s what I was doing, actually.”

Shelinda’s smile faded and she cocked an eyebrow, “Why, whatever do you mean?”

Tidus shrugged. He looked at Yuna briefly and then said, “I was a dream of the fayth who had recreated Zanarkand in a dream state. I was one of the residents but was sucked into Sin and sent to the real world. After Sin was defeated, I vanished since the fayth stopped dreaming, but when Yuna stopped the destruction of the world for a second time the fayth made me real as a reward.”

Shelinda looked as though someone had hit her with an airship. Her face held abject confusion in every muscle and it took her several minutes before she spoke again. She looked at the camera and spoke, “Well, apparently those rumors in the Spira Inquirer are true.” She said, “And this reporter doesn’t know what to say. Therefore, this is Shelinda, signing off.”

“How’d I do?” Tidus asked with a half grin.

“Well, I suppose you did…fine,” Shelinda replied, “I mean, I wasn’t expecting such candor. I also wasn’t expecting the truth to be so completely insane either.”

Yuna took her place next to Tidus again and smiled at Shelinda, “It is a crazy story, but it’s also fascinating and I think it’s going to cause the ratings to skyrocket.”

“Oh I hope so!” Shelinda replied, “I desperately want to be a good reporter. Then maybe I can get promoted to a nice desk job. That’d be wonderful.” She smiled at the group before turning to the cameraman, “Paublo, let’s go.” She demanded, “It was wonderful to see you all again” she called over her shoulder as she and her cameraman vanished from sight.

The score was 2-1, in favor of the Kilika Beasts. When the whistle blew for intermission, Tidus felt Yuna’s hand caressing his hair and he turned to her, “They’d be winning if you were out there.” She said with a smile.

Tidus kissed her gently and replied, “Hey, at least they scored a goal.”

“That’s true.” Yuna agreed with a laugh. The Aurochs hadn’t improved much in the two years since Tidus faded. They were still the worst time in history but their fan base had grown quite a bit. It was probably because one of High Summoner Yuna’s former guardians was the captain and Yuna herself was a big fan. Whatever it was, Tidus was happy that the Aurochs were finally getting the cheers they deserved.

“Excuse me…pardon me…let me through.” Came Gippal’s voice from down the aisle a bit. The Al Bhed was climbing over Nooj, Baralai, LeBlanc, and Rikku to reach his seat next to Tidus which he had vacated a few minutes before. Plopping himself down, Gippal said to Tidus, “It’s like a war zone in here!”

“It is pretty crowded.” Tidus agreed, placing a hand on Yuna’s thigh.

“Since its intermission,” Gippal began, “I thought I’d take this opportunity to talk to you about something you might be interested in.”

Tidus cocked an eyebrow, “What is it?”

Gippal grinned like a Cheshire cat and said, “This idea hit me when I found out how upset Yuna was that Cid turned Zanarkand into a theme park.”

“A theme park?” Tidus asked as he looked at Yuna and said, “That doesn’t sound so bad. I like rollercoasters.”

Yuna laughed and put her head on his shoulder, “Not that kind of theme park, baby.” She whispered, “Cid turned it into a tourist attraction. People just walk around and don’t treat it with the respect it deserves.”

“So I came up with a way to fix that,” Gippal replied, “Since the world has been saved twice and Tidus is back here with you, Yuna, there’s really no reason for Zanarkand to remain a ‘holy place’ per say.”

Yuna lifted her head and looked at him skeptically, “Just what do you want to do, Gippal?”

“Using Tidus for the details,” he replied, “I want to rebuild Zanarkand the way it was 1000 years ago.”

Tidus felt suddenly excited. He desperately missed Zanarkand and everything about the ‘city that never slept’. The opportunity to bring it back to life was something that Tidus had never thought he’d get. He opened his mouth to tell Gippal what a great idea he thought it was when Yuna spoke first.

“No.” she said, “Absolutely not.”

AL BHED TRANSLATION

Fryd tu oui fyhd: what do you want?

Du lraan dra Abes du jelduno: To cheer the Aurochs to victory.

NOTE: In Chapter 20 of Silver Wings, the fayth told Lenne that she would be reincarnated as Yuna. I know that this chapter makes it sound like that isn’t true, but it is true. You’ll see where I’m going with this in subsequent chapters.

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Woooo!!! Those really long chapters are back!!! I still don't get the FF stuff though. Great chapter!!!

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Don't mean to double post but please post another chapter. I'm dying to know what happens next

redharry123

a wanderer
This chapter will set up a Gippal/Rikku/Baralai love triangle as well as start the conflict of the story.

SPOILER: There are FFX and FFX-2 spoilers in this chapter including the dialog to the perfect ending of FFX-2.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Chapter Three: The Big Bang

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“Why not?” Tidus asked as he followed Yuna back into the Celsius after the game. Yuna’s abrupt ‘No’ to Gippal’s idea upset the blitzer. Rebuilding his home was the closest he could come to having it back. Yuna just didn’t seem to understand that, but he was determined to make her understand.

Yuna sighed and threw her hands in the air, “Because I just don’t want to!” she cried. Her eyes connected with the group that had followed them onto the ship. She groaned. She couldn’t even have an argument with Tidus without everyone watching. Connecting with Tidus’ eyes, she asked, “Can we talk about this alone?”

“Yeah,” Tidus agreed, “Let’s go into the crew quarters.”

Yuna smiled at her friends, “We’ll be back out later.” She said as she followed her boyfriend back into the crew quarters and dismissed Barkeep who locked the door behind him. Yuna sat down on the edge of her bed and stared at Tidus who was leaning against the rail that hung over the item shop below, “I don’t want to rebuild because it would be sacrilege to the summoners who died defeating Sin.”

“How do you figure that?” Tidus asked as he sat down on the bed opposite Yuna and looked deeply into her eyes. He just didn’t understand her anymore. Before he left, he understood everything about her and what she stood for. Now, she was so completely different that he wasn’t sure if she was even the same girl he’d fallen in love with.

Yuna sighed and stood up. Placing her hands on her hips, Yuna paced back and forth between the two beds, “I just don’t think it’s appropriate. We should leave it the way it is as a reminder.”

“A reminder of what?!” Tidus asked, practically shrieking, “A reminder of how the Yevon faith made idiots out of practically all of Spira with their lies?”

Yuna stopped her pacing and stared at him, “Do you really think I’m an idiot?” she asked in all sincerity. He didn’t answer right away and Yuna narrowed her eyes at him, “End of discussion.” She hissed.

“No, not ‘end of discussion’. This is crazy! Doing your job doesn’t mean sacrificing yourself for people who aren’t even going to remember your name!”

“So now you think I’m crazy?”

“No, but I think that going to war is stupid. Especially when you don’t have to.”

“Oh! So I’m stupid and crazy now!”

A chill went up Tidus’ spine and he spun around. He was certain he was hearing voices now. Maybe he was going insane. He felt Yuna’s hand on his shoulder and he looked into her eyes with panic, “I know I heard something. I know it!”

“I didn’t hear anything, Tidus.” She replied.

Tidus sighed and sat back down on the bed with Yuna joining him, “Well, forget about that,” he said, “Let’s go back to our discussion about Zanarkand.”

“Tidus!” Yuna cried as she fell back onto the bed defeated, “I don’t think we should.”

Tidus lay down next to her and stroked her stomach gently. She turned her head to look at him as he whispered, “I promised you once that I’d take you to my Zanarkand. You know I can’t do that literally, but by rebuilding it I can fulfill that promise to the best of my abilities.”

“Tidus…”

“Let me finish,” he said as he placed a loving finger over her lips, “I want this, Yuna. I want my home back. Think about it. We can rebuild Zanarkand and my house with it. Then when we get married, we can live there.”

Yuna’s eyes lit up, “When….”

Tidus smiled at her, “When…” The former summoner was on her feet faster then Tidus could imagine and she motioned for him to stand. Following her orders like an obedient guardian, Tidus asked jokingly, “What can I do for you m’lady summoner?”

Yuna was suddenly filled with the courage to do this. It was thanks to Tidus saying ‘when’ they would get married. She didn’t have to wonder whether he wanted her or loved her anymore. She pointed to him and said, “Take your clothes off.”

“Well, this could take a while,” Gippal said as he reached into the closet and onto the upper shelf to grab the box he was seeking. It was the board game ‘Spirapoly’ and he thought it would be a good way to pass the time. He sat the box down onto the card table the group had set up and said, “So, who’s in?”

Rikku sat down across from him and looked sour, “Why do you think it’s going to take a while?” she asked in all innocence, “All he’s got to do is change her mind about rebuilding. What’s so hard about that?”

Gippal let a smirk escape as he looked at the group and then back at Rikku, “Well, I’m sure something is going to be…hard.”

“I’ll play.” Baralai said as he snickered and sat down next to Rikku. Paine joined in, taking a seat next to Gippal. Buddy and Wakka shared one edge of the table with Lulu – holding Vidina - and Brother at the opposing end. The Aurochs had decided to take in the view from the top of the Celsius. Nooj and LeBlanc had decided to take a boat back to the former Youth League Headquarters.

Rikku wrinkled her nose in confusion as she looked at Gippal, “What’s going to be hard about it?”

Wakka let out a snort as he waved his hand in the air, “Never you mind, ya.”

Rikku’s blonde braids hung in her eyes and she pushed them out of the way, annoyed, as she looked into Baralai’s brown orbs, “Am I missing something?” she asked.

Baralai grinned at her. Rikku was beautiful and her innocence was charming. After being a priest for so long, the sudden realization that he’s not anymore was a shock to his system and he couldn’t help but let his eyes wander down toward Rikku’s bustline for just a moment before reconnecting with her eyes, “It’s not important, Rikku.” He replied as he tried to calm his pounding heart due to her nearness, “Gippal is just being uncouth.”

Gippal laughed and threw Baralai’s starting money at him, “Speak for yourself!”

“You’re always uncouth, Gippal!” Rikku sneered as she took the starting money he handed her. Grabbing the dice from the table she said, “I’m going first so you can’t cheat!”

Gippal feigned an injured look, “I never cheat!” he hissed as he grabbed the dice from her hand, rolled, and moved his pawn to the first Blitzball Stadium which he promptly bought.

“Cheater!!” Rikku squealed as she leaned over the table and put her face inches from his own.

As Rikku went to lower herself back onto her seat, Gippal impulsively grabbed the cloth on her arms and pulled her toward him, attacking her lips with his own for a mere fraction of eternity before letting her go. The shocked look on Rikku’s face was enough to relax the shock that was coursing through his system at his action and he placed a smug smirk on his lips, “Your turn.”

“You always manage to buy all the Blitzball Stadiums and then you wipe the floor with me!”

Gippal laughed, “Well, right now I only have one.”

She looked at Baralai and frowned, “Only my dad can beat him at this. It’s no fun playing with a cheater.”

Gippal held his hand out, “You owe me $25 gil.” He grinned, “Pay up.”

Rikku glared at him and handed over the fake paper gil. She pushed a strand of blonde out of her eyes and hissed, “You’re going to land on Zanarkand or Gagazet soon and then you’ll be crying!”

“Nobody ever lands on Zanarkand or Gagazet.” Gippal replied, “That’s why I never buy them.”

Her short pink tongue protruded from her mouth before she said, “You just suck, you know that?!” She crossed her arms over her chest and was content to sit and pout like that for quite sometime until a cry came from the crew quarters. Jumping up, Rikku yelped, “That sounded like Yunie. I hope she didn’t hurt herself.” The Al Bhed made a move to head back toward the quarters when Baralai jumped up and grabbed her from behind. Rikku had to stop the sudden giddiness she felt when his muscular arm wrapped itself around her waist. Baralai wasn’t the type of guy she was normally attracted to, but there was definitely something about the former priest that intrigued her. However, this wasn’t the time to ponder such things. Yuna might have hurt herself. Rikku struggled from Baralai’s grip as she said, “Yunie might have hurt herself. I want to go and check on her.”

“Trust me,” Baralai insisted, “she’s fine!”

Rikku ceased her struggles and twisted until she faced Baralai. Their bodies were pressed tightly against each other and Gippal’s face soured until he saw that Baralai was releasing his grip on her. Rikku asked, “How do you know that?”

“Just trust him, ya.” Wakka insisted, “She’s fine.”

Lulu nodded as she stood with the baby, “That wasn’t a cry of pain, Rikku,” she clarified. Lulu looked at Wakka and said, “I’m going to put Vidina down for his nap.”

“Okay, Lu.”

Rikku wrinkled her nose again and looked at Gippal who had formed a smirk, “What is so damned funny all the time?!” she shrieked.

“You.” He replied simply.

“And what’s so funny about me?”

Gippal smiled at the beauty in front of him. He’d known Rikku since they were both children. Having mothers who were best friends meant that the children would be forced to hang out whether they liked it or not. Gippal and Rikku had enjoyed each others’ company until just before he’d went to the Crimson Squad tryouts. It was a strange moment between them when everything changed and neither was sure whether it was for the better or not. Considering how things turned out, it was obviously NOT for the better. Making out with ones best female friend for 45 minutes under a bridge wasn’t the most romantic thing in the world. Gippal had to learn that one the hard way.

Releasing himself from his reverie, Gippal replied, “Your innocence is very charming.”

“Bah!” Rikku said with a wave of her hand. It was as if she was trying to forget him and she was, in a sense. When he had kissed her, it brought back memories and feelings from the last time he had kissed her. Gippal had a hold on her and probably always will, but it was definitely something Rikku was going to fight. She wouldn’t let that cocky Al Bhed know she had feelings for him. She sighed, “Well, I need to check on Yunie. I’m worried about her.”

“Rikku!” Baralai cried again as he grabbed her arm and pulled her gently back toward him, “Just leave them alone.”

“Why?!” she asked, “What are they doing in there that’s so damn important anyway?” Baralai leaned in and whispered the answer to her question into her ear and Rikku gasped, “No way! Yunie would have told me if she and Tidus were…close…”

“I hate to break it to you,” Gippal replied smugly, “but I think there are certain things that Yuna won’t discuss with you.”

“Cridib oui yccruma!” she screamed at him. She really hated it when Gippal got smug and acted like he knew everything.

“You know, this is a heck of a lot more comfortable then Macalania.” Tidus said with a smile as he wrapped his arms around Yuna.

Yuna laughed and tried to fight the blush she knew was forming on her features. After their kiss at the forest, the duo had gone back to camp for the night - or, at least that had been the plan. Instead they hadn’t been able to sleep and, by using hand signals to not wake anyone else, had ventured back to the sight of their first kiss. His lips were as seductive then as they were now and Yuna had let all sense of propriety fly. It didn’t matter that she was a summoner and he was a guardian and that things like that just weren’t done on a pilgrimage. It didn’t matter that she was technically married, although her husband was the walking dead. None of it mattered. All that mattered was that she loved him, and he loved her.

Lulu and Sir Auron had figured it out through the body language the two had been sending out after their lovemaking and confronted Yuna about it while stopped at the travel agency in the Calm Lands. After getting a lecture from both of them, they had not promised not to render Tidus incapable of ever doing it again.

“The only person who doesn’t realize what really happened that night is Rikku,” Yuna said.

Tidus said with his goofy half-grin, “Does she still think you’re a virgin?”

“Yeah,” Yuna replied, “and she’ll be really upset when she finds out that I’m not. She was horrified when it came up that Paine wasn’t.”

Tidus made a face, “I can’t imagine anybody doing…that with Paine.”

“Oh, you’re so mean!” Yuna teased, as she squirmed in the bed to turn and face him.

Tidus laughed with her for a moment before his eyes took on a more serious look, “Are you still against rebuilding Zanarkand?” he asked.

Yuna sighed. There was a part of her that desperately wanted to give Tidus this wish that he wanted so terribly, but the rest of her had a horrible feeling about what rebuilding might bring. She looked into his blue eyes and said, “What if Zanarkand ends up just as it was 1000 years ago. What if Sin reappears?”

“We’ll just beat it again,” Tidus replied, “Besides, we defeated Yu Yevon. It won’t come back.”

“But how can you be so sure?”

Tidus rubbed his nose affectionately against hers and replied, “I love you. That’s how I can be sure.”

Tidus always knew how to say the right things to make her feel better. He’s the reason she didn’t completely lose her mind during her pilgrimage when everything she had ever known turned out to be a lie. She loved Tidus and wanted him to be happy. Smiling at him, she said, “Okay, then. Let’s rebuild it.”

“Really?” Tidus asked, with a barely concealed glee forming on his features.

“Really.” Yuna said with a firm nod, “Let’s tell everyone that we head out tomorrow.”

The sun was setting on Zanarkand the following evening when the Celsius landed on the outskirts of the ruined city. A skeleton crew consisting of Gippal, Baralai, Rikku, Paine, Tidus, and Yuna had decided to travel to Zanarkand and survey the land to decide where to start and how many men would be required. The six walked carefully over rocks and boulders down the path that led to the main street of Zanarkand.

“I just thought of something,” Gippal said.

Rikku replied, “Gee, I thought I smelled smoke.”

“Vmendehk femm kad oui hu frana.” Gippal sneered, yanking softly on Rikku’s braids before he said to the group, “Why don’t we split up and then all meet back at the blitzball stadium in about 30 minutes. That way we can see most of the city without spending all day at it.”

Yuna nodded, “I like that idea.”

“Me too,” Tidus agreed as he wrapped an arm around Yuna, “We’ll start over by the ocean.”

Rikku grabbed Paine’s arm and shouted, “We’ll start in the park near the stadium.”

“Guess that leaves me and Baralai to work the housing area.” Gippal said, “Let’s get to it. We’ll all meet at the stadium in about 30 minutes.”

Yuna waved goodbye to her fellow Gullwings and then allowed herself to be pulled by Tidus toward a hill that overlooked the ocean. It was a breathtaking sight with the sun setting slowly over the ruins of Zanarkand. Yuna looked in awe of the beauty around her and felt another flicker of doubt forming. Would rebuilding this place ruin the beauty or enhance it?

“Being here makes me think about the pilgrimage…” Tidus whispered, “but mostly about the end of it.”

Yuna nodded solemnly as she turned so that they were back to back. She thought about the end of her pilgrimage a lot too. She dreamed about it every night, even after he came back. She hated this fear of him disappearing. She didn’t even know if he was real.

As if sensing her thoughts, Tidus looked out toward the ocean again and said, “I got a theory. I think the fayth gathered up my thoughts and put 'em together to bring me back. Maybe. Something like that." Yuna turned to him and watched with concern in his eyes. Tidus focused down on his hands and waited a moment as if expecting pyreflies to fly from them the way they had two years ago, “Or maybe…I’m still a dream.” He finally whispered.

Yuna gasped and her alarm was evident on her lovely face. She didn’t want to face the thought of losing him again. She couldn’t live without him. She wouldn’t live without him, “Wait! So you’ll disappear?”

Tidus paused and looked at his hands again before turning to look at Yuna, “Cherish me, Yuna. And I’ll cherish you. All right?” he smiled at her, “We gotta stay together. That’s what we have to do.” His eyes filled with hope at that thought before turning to look back out onto the breathtaking sunset.

Yuna ran to him and wrapped her arms around him from behind, gently running her fingers along his muscular chest, “Is that what the fayth told you?”

Tidus shook his head, “Nah,” he said with a laugh, “but I like it.”

Yuna laughed heartily as she slowly pulled her arms back toward her. Suddenly an idea came to her and she shoved him hard from behind and watched from above as he fell into the water below. The handsome blitzer surfaced with a laugh as he wiped water from his eyes and shouted, “That’s not cherishing!”

Yuna shrugged and said with a laugh, “You didn’t disappear.”

Thirty minutes later, Paine, Rikku, Baralai, and Gippal waited for Yuna and Tidus. Some waited more patiently then others.

“Where are they?!” Rikku whined as she plopped down on the ground between Baralai and Paine, “What’s taking them so long.”

Gippal sneered at her from across the cement walkway, “They’re probably having sex.”

Slamming her hands over her ears, Rikku shouted, “I’m not hearing that! I’m not hearing that! I’m not hearing that!”

“E's zugehk. Namyq!” Gippal said with a heavy sigh. Rikku was definitely beautiful, but she was also incredibly annoying. The whole Yuna thing bothered him most. Rikku placed her cousin on some sort of a pedestal and the ex-summoner couldn’t even do a normal human thing without Rikku freaking out. Rikku was almost as bad as Brother when it came to Yuna.

“Sorry we’re late.” Yuna cried. She and Tidus were running down the street and Gippal noted that both were dripping wet.

“What were you two doing?” he asked.

Tidus pointed to Yuna, “It was all her fault,” he declared, “She shoved me into the water and then slipped in herself!”

“Whatever.” Gippal replied as he pointed to the stadium, “That is what’s important.”

Tidus’ eyes caressed what remained of the blitzball stadium. He hadn’t seen it since Yuna’s pilgrimage but it hadn’t changed. It still stood partly with huge holes in the roof and crumbled stone all over the place. He remembered playing in that stadium when Sin attacked and destroyed it and Zanarkand.

Did Sin really do it….?

That sudden thought confused Tidus. Of course Sin had destroyed the stadium. Everyone knew that. Sin destroyed Zanarkand and that included the stadium.

Right….?

“So, care to describe what it used to look like?” Gippal asked, “Baralai will record what you said so that we can give the builders a better gauge.”

Tidus shook off the strange thought and nodded, “Not a problem.” He said as Baralai clicked the record button on the sphere he held. Tidus moved his hand as if painting a picture as he spoke, “There was a huge glass ceiling that let the sunlight in. Along the rafters were lights if there was a night game.” He pointed to a sharp object jutting out of the ruined roof, “That was an antenna and it reached all the way up to the sky…” His eyes went back down to the stadium and he gasped. It wasn’t in ruins. It was perfect down to the very last detail. The sun seemed higher then it should have been at dusk and for a moment he thought he was alone. None of the group was near him as he looked around frantically.

What was going on?

He looked to his right and saw Yuna. He reached for her but when she looked at him he gasped. It wasn’t Yuna. It was that girl that he’d seen before. The one that smelled like lavender.

“I love you. That’s why I’m like this, you know.”

It was that strange voice again. He kept hearing that man’s voice in his head and he didn’t know why. He stared at the girl who smelled like lavender. She looked like Yuna, and yet she looked completely different. No matter what, though, he had the sense that he’d seen her before.

“I know that, Shuyin. I lo…” Before Tidus could ask her why she was calling him Shuyin or even who she was, an object in the sky caught his attention. It was a bomb. Tidus made to scream out but it felt as though his voice was caught in his throat and he was helpless. He could do nothing but watch as the bomb hit with full force and knocked himself and the girl off of their feet. He could feel the smoke in his lungs and the heat of the flames.

He stared at the blitzball stadium again. It was back to normal. It was the rubble it had been during Yuna’s pilgrimage. His friends were kneeling beside him with looks of concern on their faces. Yuna leaned close to him, “Are you okay, honey?”

Tidus stared at her and breathed deeply the smell of vanilla. He smiled weakly at her and then he passed out.

“You must stop! That’s enough!”

His blue eyes fixed on her as he spun to the sound of her voice, “What are you doing here?” he hissed as he angrily jumped down from the collapses and approached her, “I told you to stay at home!”

“This is crazy!” she cried, “Let’s just….”

Footsteps echoed behind her and his gasp caused her to spin around. A barrage of Bevelle soldiers with machina guns were approaching them. He felt panic take over and he grabbed her arm and began pulling her toward a side exit. The soldiers followed suit.

He and she ran and ran, turning this way and that in a futile attempt to lose the soldiers in their own base. Before they knew it, the couple was back where they started. They were standing in front of Vegnagun’s eye – a piercing blood red eye that almost foretold certain doom.

The soldiers cocked their rifles and aimed them at the young couple. She looked at him with an unfortellable look in her eyes before she gave him a weak smile. All he could think about what how he’d failed her. He’d failed her…

The sound of the guns firing seemed to come from far away. Her fingers tightened around his arms and he increased his grip on her but it was all for naught. The bullets pierced their skin, the force broke them apart…

Tidus woke up screaming and clutching his chest. His heart was beating fast and he was afraid he’d never catch his breath. Yuna was by his side in a second, wrapping her arms tightly around him like a blanket, “Are you okay? What happened to you?” The blitzer looked around. He didn’t know where he was, but somehow it seemed very familiar. Yuna noticed his confusion and said, “It started to rain so we took shelter in this house. Sin didn’t completely destroy it and it’s pretty much intact. Most of A-East is in relatively good shape considering.”

“Oh.” Tidus whispered as he continued to look around the tiny living room he was in. There was something about this place that seemed so familiar to him. It was almost like he’d been there before…

“He’s awake!” Rikku squealed with delight as she, Baralai, Paine, and Gippal came from down the hallway. The perky blonde bounced toward him, “Welcome back, sleepy head.” She teased, rubbing his head affectionately. Rikku’s eyes brightened as she looked at Yuna, “You’ll never guess what we found!”

“What?” Yuna asked.

Paine tilted her head, “The bathroom has porcelain fixtures.”

“Oooo!! I wanted to say it!” Rikku whined. Although announcing that was taken from her, it didn’t ruin Rikku’s perk and spunk as she grabbed Yuna’s hand and dragged her down the hall to look at the fixtures.

He was alone again and Tidus slowly stood up and took a long look around the room. It was dusty and dirty. There was dirt inches thick on the floor and he was filthy from lying on a dirty sofa. However, something about this place was incredibly familiar.

“This place looks much better than when Yuna lived here. Less pink…” Tidus suddenly whispered to himself. He froze. Where had that come from? What was going on with him lately? Was he going insane?

Tidus knew that Yuna would ask him again what happened when he passed out, but he was too afraid to tell her the truth. He didn’t know why he was seeing some gorgeous brunette and she was calling him Shuyin. He didn’t know why he was imagining a bomb being dropped on the blitzball stadium, and he didn’t know why he dreamt he was being shot at by Bevelle soldiers. He didn’t want to worry Yuna unnecessarily. It had to be a side effect of being brought back by the fayth.

Right….?

Right.

Suddenly feeling the need to be near Yuna, Tidus followed the voices down the hall to the bathroom with the porcelain fixtures. He was greeted by the excited squeals of Rikku. Tidus hadn’t realized how exciting porcelain was until he entered the bathroom and saw the entire group taking pictures of a 1000 year old toilet. It was a truly strange sight.

Sighing, he turned from the bathroom and looked into the bedroom. He had a clear view thanks to the moonlight that echoed through the window. Thinking he saw movement, Tidus took a step closer and then immediately wished he hadn’t.

It was the girl that smelled like lavender and had called him Shuyin. She was sitting on the bed with only a sheet covering her bare form. She seemed to look at him and yet through him at the same time.

“I thought you had left.” She whispered.

Tidus took another tentative step toward her and he heard a response in his head.

“Why would I leave?”

“Yunalesca told me that you tend to do that. She called it ‘love ‘em and leave ‘em’.” The girl replied.

With Tidus’ next step, she vanished. The bed was untouched and it looked as though she’d never been there. Tidus felt a flash of terror go through him. Was he seeing ghosts or just losing his mind? He spun on his heels to tell Yuna what he’d just seen but his foot caught on a rug that was hidden under the dirt. Losing his balance, Tidus’ head hit against the doorframe with a sickening crack and the world went dark.

AL BHED TRANSLATION

Cridib oui yccruma!: Shutup you asshole!

Vmendehk femm kad oui hu frana: Flirting will get you no where.

E's zugehk. Namyq!: I’m joking. Relax!

FlyingTomato1

Yay!Sequel!This is equally as good as the one before!Hands you a strawberry.
Yes, no tomato or muffin!I have discovered that strawberries taste almost as good!Now what would happen if i added them to my tomatos or muffins.......

SoRaBhK_dUdE

WOOOOOOOOOO Chapter!!!!! That took like 7 minutes to read but it was worth it!!! He's going crazy!! MUST FIND OUT MORE. And how many chapters are going to be in 1000 Confesions? Need to find out.

redharry123

a wanderer
Author's Notes: Now, please remember that Tidus slammed his head against the doorframe at the end of the last chapter and went unconscious. It is very important in order to understand the first section of the story. Something happens to Tidus twice in this chapter. Also, I wasn't going to initially dive deeper into when Tidus thought LeBlanc was Allyn, but I decided to, so there is going to be a little more of that in this chapter as well.

SPOILER: This chapter discusses some things from sidequests in FFX-2 and also from the Crimson Spheres.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Chapter Four: Concern for the Fallen

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

He awoke a moment later, rubbed his head and stretched his limbs, using his eyes to see as if for the first time. Yuna was kneeling beside him with concern in her eyes, "Are you okay?"

He let out a small smile and replied simply, "I'm fine."

"You're fine?" repeated Baralai incredulously, "You just hit your head against a doorframe and knocked yourself out. How can you be fine?!"

"I have a hard head," replied the Abes blitzer. Standing and dusting off his clothes, he said to Yuna, "I'm going outside now."

"But it's raining." She said, but that didn't stop him. He was already halfway out the door by the time her voice reached his ears.

He knew they were following him, but that didn't matter. It felt good to have control again, although he knew it wouldn't be a permanent thing for a while. He was pleased to see that most of A-East was intact. It would make the rebuilding that much easier. Now all he needed to do was figure out how to make the ghosts of the past into something real and lasting.

"My house." he whispered. There it was. It wasn't in perfect shape, but it was still there and that filled him with joy. His car was gone, but he could easily buy another one. That didn't bother him.

He heard her footsteps behind him as she whispered, "Really?!" Her excitement was evident in her voice. He nodded as he ran into the front door and stood in the living room. The group followed him and she took her place next to him as she said, "Is this really your house?"

He scoffed, "Lennie, you know this is my house."

Yuna thought that her heart stopped beating for a moment. He hadn't even flinched when he called her that name. Nobody said anything. All eyes watched him as he continued to pace around the room and survey his surroundings. She was scared of the answer, but had to ask the question, "What is my name, Tidus?"

At the sound of that name, his head began to pound as the blood pumped in his ears. He reached up and rubbed his temples in an attempt to fight the pain that was forming, but it was no use. He couldn't hold out. He'd have to visit again later, when he was stronger.

"What is my name, Tidus?" Yuna asked again as she took a step closer to him.

Tidus looked at her confused. He didn't know where he was for the second time that day. He looked at her in abject confusion, "Your name is Yuna." He replied, "And.uh.where are we?" he asked before dizziness overtook him and he passed out again.

Yuna stared at his handsome face as he slept soundly in the crew quarters of the Celsius. The sound of his head connecting with the doorframe still sounded in her ears as it had the entire time Baralai and Gippal struggled to carry him back to the ship in the rain. Everyone had decided it would be better to have Tidus awaken in a location he was familiar with rather then have him wake up in an unfamiliar place and practically kill himself again.

He had called her.Lenne.

He stirred a little and she moved the ice pack on the bump forming above his left eyebrow, "Shhh." she whispered to him as he opened his eyes slightly but shut them just as quickly and returned to his world of dreams.

"How's he doing?" came Rikku's hushed voice as she climbed the stairs toward the beds.

Yuna shrugged and whispered, "He's still out, but that's a good thing I suppose."

"Come on," Rikku said, "We're going to have a meeting about what happened." Yuna nodded and placed the ice pack down on the table beside Tidus and then followed her cousin down the stairs and out into the elevator that took them to the bridge. The card table set out again and Gippal, Baralai, and Paine were already seated.

"He called me.Lenne." Yuna whispered as she sat next to Paine, "I still can't believe it."

Rikku nudged her cousin as she took a seat next to her, "Actually, he called you Lennie. There's a subtle difference."

Yuna laughed at the sheer insanity of that 'subtle difference' but was grateful for her cousin's sense of humor anyway. She wished she knew why he had called her that. She wished she knew what was wrong with him!

"First off," Gippal began, "Has he been acting oddly before today?"

Yuna shrugged, "Not really," she replied, "Just a little jumpy. He also said he's hearing voices."

"And you don't think hearing voices is odd?" Paine asked sarcastically.

"I just thought it was a side effect of the Farplane." Yuna said.

Baralai nodded, "It might be. He's only just been brought back. Part of him still could be connected to the Farplane."

"Did he say who the voices belonged to?" Gippal asked.

Yuna shook her head. Tidus hadn't told her anything about the voices except that he was hearing them. They were scaring him obviously, but he hadn't told her any details about them. He didn't even know what they said to him. She frowned, "Also, two times he's looked at me like he's never seen me before."

"Yuna," Paine said, "I think that is relatively strange behavior. What about it doesn't seem strange to you?"

"None of it, I guess," Yuna replied with a blush. She supposed that the main reason she said that it didn't seem strange was the fact that she wished it wasn't. She really wished that his behavior could be explained away easily. Dealing with something serious was something she didn't think she could deal with.

Gippal cracked his back against the chair and said nonchalantly, "Well, since he came back after Shuyin was defeated, he's probably just possessed."

"Oh, is that all?!" Baralai said sarcastically, his eyes flashing in the dim light.

"Yeah," Gippal replied, "No big deal. We just call the Gullwing exorcists and we'll be all set."

Baralai's brown orbs were cast downward as he said, "You really think it's that easy?" he frowned, "You're an idiot, Gippal." He hissed as he stood and left the room before Gippal could form a reply.

Gippal just didn't understand and that realization infuriated Baralai. Gippal didn't get that possession wasn't just this simple little thing that was easily curable. Nooj had done things he regretted with his entire being while under Shuyin's control - like shooting Gippal, Baralai, and Paine after getting out of the Cave of Woe during their trial for the Crimson Squad. Possession was the complete loss of control. You knew what you were doing but were helpless to stop it. Baralai had done some horrible things under Shuyin's control and it was only with the help of his psychiatrist that he was able to start putting these things behind him.

"Gippal is a moron, but he didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

Baralai smiled to himself with his back to the lovely Al Bhed that had joined him at his perch on the roof of the Celsius. Rikku took a place beside him and Baralai turned his smile toward her, "I know that. He just doesn't understand."

"Gippal doesn't want to understand." Rikku clarified, "I've known him my whole life and when he's scared of something, he tries to make a joke." She nudged Baralai playfully, "It's a dorky way to handle things, but that's just Gippal. A big dork."

Baralai cast a sideways glance at his beautiful counterpart whose eyes had focused back on the horizon. After Tidus hit his head, the group had retired back to the Celsius but was still at their landing site near Zanarkand. The stars always seemed brighter near Zanarkand for some reason and even brighter to Baralai now since Rikku was there. There was something about the girl that he really liked, but he didn't know what. Normally girls like her - with their constant cheerfulness - drove him insane, but in her case he found it oddly comforting. Maybe it was because he knew her perky nature hid a very talented fighter. Then again, maybe he had just reached a point in his life when perky was preferred to solid and stoic. He'd moved from his desire for stoic - Paine - and onto his desire for cheerful - Rikku.

Thinking about Paine made him blush a little under his tanned skin. She never knew how he had felt about her, and if he had it his way she never would. Looking at her now, he didn't understand the attraction, but back then she had him completely flustered. It was the way she had looked at Nooj that had made Baralai more determined then ever to win her attention, but in the end he had failed. It sickened him, but he was partly happy that Nooj had shot her too. It had effectively ended her infatuation with their long-haired leader.

Baralai let his eyes slowly caress Rikku as she continued to stare ahead of her. He still couldn't quite place what it was that made him want to be around her. He supposed it started when they had first met. Yuna had assumed for a moment that he was the Praetor's son and that she had turned down his marriage proposal. Once that was cleared up, Baralai had noticed Rikku covertly for the first time. His astonishment at her beauty was short lived when he saw Paine struggling to hide from his line of vision.

Rikku's red lips moved a little as she sighed and Baralai was overwhelmed with a desire to kiss her, but he quickly squelched that desire as Rikku said to him, "I don't think its possession anyway."

"Why's that?" Baralai asked.

Rikku shrugged, "There aren't any pyreflies." She replied simply, "When you were possessed there were pyreflies that floated out of your arms and legs. That's how we knew. Tidus doesn't have any pyreflies."

"That's very true," Baralai replied, "What do you think it is then?"

Rikku grinned at him and spun to face him. Jumping in place like an excited child on their birthday, Rikku grabbed Baralai's hand to turn him toward her and squealed, "I was hoping somebody would ask me that, because I have a really good theory!"

"So what is it?" Baralai asked with a laugh as he squeezed Rikku's fingers tenderly. Neither removed their hand from the other and neither seemed overly concerned with it either.

"Well, I had been thinking about why Tidus looks like Shuyin and it hit me," Rikku began, "Tidus is Dream Zanarkand's version of Shuyin. He's not exactly like him, but he's close just like Dream Zanarkand is close to the real Zanarkand."

Baralai nodded, "Makes sense."

"So I think that after Tidus faded and was in the Farplane, everything was cool until we defeated Shuyin and sent him there too. This was the first time both had been near each other," Rikku smiled, "It screwed Tidus up in the head since he was near the real star of the Zanarkand Abes and he's just confused right now, but he'll be better soon."

Baralai squeezed the small hand he still held, "That is brilliant, Rikku. It makes perfect sense."

Blushing, Rikku grabbed Baralai's other hand with her free one and said, "Gippal would have just thought I was stupid."

"Well, we have determined that Gippal's an idiot." Baralai joked.

Rikku laughed and impulsively stretched out on her toes to kiss Baralai on the cheek when Gippal's voice came from behind them, "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." The Al Bhed's voice came out harsher then he had intended, but he hadn't expected to see Baralai making a play for Rikku. He noted how quickly the former priest dropped Rikku's hands once he realized that Gippal was standing there and Gippal relaxed a little. He didn't appreciate the way Baralai was looking at Rikku as of late. Gippal had always considered Rikku his girl even though they had never had a real date and now knowing he had competition for her affections brought out his natural Al Bhed competitiveness.

If Baralai wanted her, he'd have to fight for her.

Baralai stepped away from Rikku a bit, embarrassed about being caught but not entirely sure why, and he said to Gippal, "Rikku was just telling me about her theory on Tidus' strange behavior."

"I want to hear it!" Yuna cried as she and Paine joined the trio on the roof. She looked at Rikku, "What do you think is wrong with him?"

So Rikku explained her theory and waited as they mulled it over in their minds. Gippal was actually impressed with her theory. Rikku had never seemed like the sharpest pencil in the box, but maybe he just hadn't given her enough credit, "I like that idea, Rikku." He said, "Now we just need to see if it has as much validity as I think it does."

Yuna looked at Gippal with confusion in her eyes, "How do we do that?"

"LeBlanc," Baralai replied, knowing exactly where Gippal was headed, "She likes stuff concerning the Farplane. It's a hobby of hers."

"What a depressing hobby." Rikku muttered to herself and then giggled at Paine's nod of agreement.

"Who has a depressing hobby?" Tidus asked. After awakening, he went in search of his friends and figured that if they weren't in the ship, they must be on the ship. He was surprised at their looks when he came toward them. All of them looked like they'd just been caught doing something terrible. Tidus cocked an eyebrow and asked them, "Did I say something funny?"

Yuna shook her head, "No. We were just talking about going to see Nooj and LeBlanc today."

"Oh." Tidus said with a smile, "Sounds like fun. Let's go."

"Noojie, I'm bored."

Nooj looked up at his girlfriend, LeBlanc, who was sitting cross-legged on his desk directly next to his pen. He pushed a strand of brown hair from his eyes and gave her a half smile, "Why don't you read that book about the Farplane that you insisted I spend my Gil on?"

LeBlanc smiled and leaned down toward him, letting her loose fitting robe hang low, "I already read it." She whispered seductively in his ear, "And I was hoping we'd do something a little more.physical."

"As much as I'd love to," Nooj replied, running his thumb along her exposed skin, "I really have to finish up this report for the next meeting in Luca."

LeBlanc pouted, "But Noojie-Woojie!"

"No buts, LeBlanc." Nooj said more firmly this time, "This is important. I'm sorry."

LeBlanc heaved an aggravated sigh and pushed herself off of Nooj's desk. Sauntering out the door, she bumped firmly into Ormi and shoved the short and chubby little man out of the way, "Move you idiot! I'm not in a good mood!"

"Yes, boss." Ormi said obediently as he and Logos stepped out of LeBlanc's way. They didn't want to face her wrath.

There was a knock at the door and LeBlanc screamed furiously, "Logos! Get that!" She could hear Logos' feet pattering across the marble floor of the former Youth League Headquarters that she now called home. Although she still owned Chateau LeBlanc, she rarely spent time there. LeBlanc collapsed on the chair situated in the room she and Nooj shared and let out a huge sigh. Nooj was always obsessed with his work and now that he, Baralai, and Gippal had taken to running Spira he was busier then usual. Mainly because that damned Al Bhed and that former priest were out with Yuna trying to rebuild Zanarkand. LeBlanc thought the entire thing was a fool's errand. Yuna should be focusing her attentions on that boyfriend of hers.

LeBlanc became thoughtful for a moment. There was something about that Tidus person that didn't sit right with her. She got a bad vibe from him when they'd first met and she really hoped that she never would have to see him again. Just seeing him made her feel like someone was walking over her grave.

"Boss?" came Ormi's timid voice through the crack in her ajared door.

"What is it?!" LeBlanc answered sharply. She hated it when she was interrupted.

Ormi opened the door a bit more and said, "You have guests, boss. Lady Yuna and her friends say that they need to speak with you."

LeBlanc stood and straightened her robe and hair. Although Baralai and Gippal were losers when it came to running a country, they were nice to look at. She hissed at Ormi, "Well, take me to them!!"

The tall blonde female followed her short servant to the foyer where he'd left their unexpected guests. She smiled at them all and said, "Yuna, love. To what do Noojie and I owe the pleasure?"

Tidus stared at the woman again. It was that same feeling that he knew her but it seemed stronger than before. She gave him an odd half smile and said, "Can I ask you something

"What is it?"

"This may not be the most appropriate time to ask this, but I'm curious anyway. If Lenne wasn't in the picture, would you come back to me eventually? I'm not hoping she'll die, mind you. This is strictly hypothetical. Like, if she left tomorrow and I was still around."

"Probably."

And as quickly as it happened, the girl was gone and LeBlanc was left standing there with an odd expression on her face, "Are you going to answer me, love, or are you going to keep staring at me like that?"

Tidus stammered, "I.uh.I'm sorry. What was the question?"

"What did you do to your head?"

"Oh, this?" Tidus asked as he touched the black and blue bump on his head, "I hit my head on a doorframe."

A sudden sleepiness overcame Tidus at that moment and he let out a huge yawn and stumbled a little where he was standing. Yuna was by his side in a moment, "Are you okay?"

"I'm just really sleepy all of the sudden," Tidus said, yawning again. He looked at LeBlanc, "Is there a place I can lay down?"

LeBlanc cast a worried look at Yuna before she said to Tidus, "Sure there is." Craning her neck to see around him, she shrieked, "Ormi! Logos! Take Tidus to the guest room to let him sleep."

"Yes boss." The duo said in unison as each took one of Tidus' arms and led him down the hallway.

Once they were gone, LeBlanc ushered them all into Nooj's office. Nooj looked up, annoyed, when his door was flung open but quickly quieted his comment when LeBlanc motioned for Yuna and her friends to follow. Placing his papers into a folder on his desk, Nooj reached for his cane and slowly rose from behind the desk to greet his friends, "Hello everyone. What can I do for you?"

"There's something wrong with Yuna's boyfriend, love. They came to ask us some questions."

Nooj's eyes took on a note of concern, "What's wrong with Tidus, Yuna?"

Yuna didn't know where to begin. The more she thought about his behavior, the more she realized that something really was wrong. She just didn't know what it was. Tidus didn't even seem to know and that's what scared her most. Sighing, Yuna went into the long and sordid story starting from the day she first met Tidus up until the present and when it was finished, LeBlanc said, "Well that is one complicated tale."

"Tell me about it." Rikku said, "I was there during all of it and I still don't believe it."

Baralai smiled at the pretty Al Bhed who was seated between himself and Gippal. Nudging her playfully, he said, "Why don't you tell LeBlanc your theory."

Rikku grinned, "Okay." She said, "I think that the reason Tidus is acting so weird is because he's dream Zanarkand's version of Shuyin and when Tidus and Shuyin came in contact in the Farplane, it confused Tidus."

"That makes sense," LeBlanc replied, "since it was the first time the two souls came in contact with each other."

Yuna tried to listen to the conversation that was revolving around her, but her mind kept wandering to Tidus. She was very worried about him and stood to excuse herself from the group when she saw a shadow go past the door and out toward the foyer. Rikku had seen it too, as did Paine who said, "Was that Tidus?"

Everyone at the table looked at each other, each seeming to know what the other was thinking. He wasn't looking for them. He'd walked right past their room without a second look. He was up to something.

With Yuna in the lead, the group followed several yards behind him. He followed the stone walkways down to Mushroom Rock Road and it seemed to Yuna that he was heading toward Djose but a sudden turn stopped that thought in its tracks.

"Why is he going down there?" Baralai asked, his voice tight with fear. All eyes watched as the blonde they tracked slowly climbed down into the gulley below Mushroom Rock Road. There was only one thing down there and Yuna couldn't imagine why he would go there. All she knew was that she was bound and determined to find out.

He was at the entrance to the Cave of Woe for several minutes before his followers reached it. Hiding behind several boulders so as to stay out of view, they watched him.

He stared hard at the door in front of him as if thinking that the power of his stare would cause it to open. Putting a frustrated hand on his hip, he cursed, "Well this is just ****ing lovely. How the hell am I supposed to get in there with this damned door in the way?"

Yuna felt a tremble forming in her spine that traveled the length of her back as she watched the man wearing Tidus' form struggle with the door. Whoever that was, wasn't Tidus. Tidus didn't talk like that. She couldn't remember a time when he cursed at all.

The blonde took the sword he had hung in his belt loop and stuck it in between the two doors. Tilting it back and forth several times, the door was pulled open far enough for him to be able to push it the rest of the way by hand. With fresh air being able to circulate the cave, he smiled to himself and slung the sword back into his belt, "Stupid thing comes in handy for something."

With his move into the cave, the group snuck out from their hiding place and crept in quietly behind him. It was dark in the cave so they hugged the walls in order to remain relatively invisible to him. Once he reached the back of the cave, he dropped to his hands and knees and started digging around in the dirt, "Where the hell is it?" he cursed to himself as he threw rocks out of the way since they were baring his search, "I can't believe I lost the damn thing. It's big! It's not like it should be that hard to find!"

He looked out the cavern door at the sun which was rapidly beginning to rise and he swore, "Shit." Climbing to his feet, he brushed the dirt from his legs and shorts, "I'll just have to come back later. If they find him missing, there will be hell to pay."

The group dared not even breathe as the blonde man made his way out of the cavern, deciding to leave the door open so he didn't have to struggle with it later. Once they were sure he was out of earshot, Gippal dared to speak, "So now he refers to himself in the third person. This is more serious then I thought."

"That wasn't Tidus." Yuna said, almost to herself, "Tidus doesn't curse like that."

"I was thinking the same thing, Yunie." Rikku agreed. She elbowed Gippal in the side, "What do you think he was looking for?"

Baralai took a step toward Yuna, "Are you sure he doesn't curse like that? Maybe he just doesn't around you."

"I suppose that's a possibility," Yuna admitted, "but he even looked at that sword like he'd never seen it. Wakka gave him that! It belonged to Chappu! Tidus loves that sword." Yuna noticed Paine staring at something strangely and followed her line of vision. The sight was so crazy she had to laugh. Gippal and Rikku were crawling around on the ground near where Tidus had been, while digging through the dirt and trying to find whatever it was that he had been looking for.

Gippal's hand brushed something and he recoiled quickly, "I found something, and I hope it wasn't what Tidus was looking for or else we got more problems on our hands."

"What is it?" Rikku asked as she climbed to her feet and dusted herself off.

Gippal made a face as he reached for the object again and brought it into the light. Rikku shrieked and spun around only to bury her face in Baralai's chest. Gippal frowned but still rose to his feet.

In his hand, was a human skull.

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Do you mean now or tommorow?

Edit:Nevermind

ReEdit:Nice chapter and a cliff hangar I think. Can't wait for next chapter.

Last edited:

Noezel7

i know i'm new to post but i read both of your stories but only recently. they were both beautifully writen. you really brought out the personalities of these characters and what they truley felt. i'm also glad you added the love scenes since some stories try put end up making them sound perverted, while you made them sound so romanitc. also i lilke how you connected characters and events so nicely, i mean there really wasn't any kind of assumtion made that we new these events. all in all your stories are great and i will be waiting patiently for your next chappy!

redharry123

a wanderer
Noezel7 said:
i know i'm new to post but i read both of your stories but only recently. they were both beautifully writen. you really brought out the personalities of these characters and what they truley felt. i'm also glad you added the love scenes since some stories try put end up making them sound perverted, while you made them sound so romanitc. also i lilke how you connected characters and events so nicely, i mean there really wasn't any kind of assumtion made that we new these events. all in all your stories are great and i will be waiting patiently for your next chappy!
o.o...*blinks*....*glomps Noezel7* I LOVE YOU! IN FACT, I LOVE EVERYONE! GROUP HUG! *huggles everyone* you makeing writing so much fun! you guys are the reasons why i write and post *sniffles* i promised myself i wasnt going to cry *wipes eyes*

Chapter Five: In The Still of the Night

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

After the initial shock of finding a human skull, Yuna was sickened to realize that there were two more within close proximity. One of the skulls had a bullet hole through the forehead. It was obvious at least one of them had been murdered. Had the rest of them suffered the same fate? It had been too dark to search for the remainder of the body parts and none of the crew particularly wanted to continue that feat. Rikku insisted that they all leave before Tidus realized they were gone and everyone agreed. It would be for the best. Besides, they could find a way to get a DNA match on the skulls. The rest of the skeletons were not needed.

Tidus was safely tucked under the covers sound asleep when the group returned to the former Youth League headquarters tired and dirty, while carrying three human skulls. It was almost as if he had never left, had it not been for the dirt that trimmed the lower cuff of his shorts. The blitzer was lost in his dreams as Yuna padded around the guest room to his shorts which were flung haphazardly over the bed frame. She thumbed her finger over the dirt and frowned. Just what was going on with him?

“Did you want to stay for the night, love?” LeBlanc whispered from the doorway. Yuna walked toward her and the two closed the guestroom door quietly behind them as they made their way into the foyer, “All of you can if you want. It’s been a rough day, love.”

Yuna laughed a little, “You can say that again.” LeBlanc smiled at Yuna and for the first time the former summoner felt like she had found a friend in LeBlanc rather then a competitor. Although the two women were as different as night and day, it was during this time of worry that Yuna saw a compassionate side of LeBlanc that she never knew existed. It was really comforting. Smiling at the tall blonde before her, Yuna said, “Staying would be great. I’m actually really tired.”

“I thought you would be,” LeBlanc admitted with a grin, “Everybody else was so they are all getting settled in their rooms.” She cast a glance toward the door to Tidus’s guestroom and asked, “Did you want to stay in there with him or did you want another room?”

Yuna shrugged, “I probably should stay with him. I don’t want him to get suspicious just in case he is up to something.” She frowned and cast her glance downward, “I just hope that my fears aren’t realized.”

“What fears would that be, love?”

Yuna shook her head, “It’s nothing.” She replied, “I’ll be going to sleep now.” Turning and reentering the room, Yuna shut the door behind her before she had to explain herself to LeBlanc. She had been having an uneasy feeling about Tidus since he had said he was hearing voices, but now…

She didn’t want to put words to her fears. She would rather just pretend that nothing was wrong until there was concrete proof that there was.

Stripping to her underwear, Yuna crawled under the sheets next to Tidus and lay on her left side watching his chest rise and fall with every breath. He was in such a deep slumber that she had a hard time believing that less than an hour ago he’d been in the Cave of Woe looking for, of all things, a skull. The dirt on his pants, however, didn’t lie. He had been there. The question now, was why. A blue eye opened, followed by the other and Tidus slowly came into consciousness. He squirmed beneath the sheets until he rolled over to face her, “Hello, beautiful.” He said.

“Sleep well?” Yuna asked. Part of her silently prayed that he’d tell her the truth, but the rest of her knew that was a crazy wish and one that would never come true.

Tidus nodded, “Actually I did. I feel pretty good.” His eyes trailed down to the floor where he noted her clothes in their piles. With a grin, he said, “Am I to assume that you might be half-naked under those sheets?”

Yuna giggled and pulled the sheets closer to her. This was the Tidus she fell in love with. He was playful and fun. He was romantic and passionate. The man that was cursing at the door to the Cave of Woe was so drastically different. He seemed angry. He seemed like…

Shuyin.

Yuna pushed that horrid thought away quickly and focused back on Tidus who had managed to slip a hand behind her while she was thinking and was making fast work unclasping her bra, “And just what do you think you’re doing?” Yuna teased as she felt his hands on the elastic of her panties.

“I am seducing you. Got a problem with that?” he asked just as he moved his lips softly against her neck and down further and further.

Yuna sighed heavily and let her eyes close, “No, not at all.” She whispered.

A knock at Rikku’s door startled the blonde Al Bhed as she struggled into the t-shirt she was going to sleep in. Straightening her braids, Rikku skipped to the door and opened it. Her heart jumped into her throat for a moment and Rikku couldn’t form words.

It was Gippal.

Clad in just his low-slung slacks, the handsome Al Bhed’s muscular chest was clearly visible. Rikku stood staring at him for much longer then she wanted to and was only shaken back to reality at the realization that he was grinning his cocky grin. She frowned, “What do you want?”

“You.” Gippal replied, “But we’ll discuss that later.” Rikku stammered a flustered reply as Gippal forced his way past her and into the room. He turned back to her and his eyes wandered the full length of her as he noted the t-shirt she was sleeping in which exposed quite a bit of leg. Although she was more covered then she normally was in her daily clothes, there was something about her in an oversized men’s shirt that aroused him. Then he frowned. He knew that shirt, “Isn’t that Baralai’s shirt?”

Rikku nodded, “Yeah, he said I could sleep in it since he was wearing another one underneath it.”

“What? You two are sharing clothes now?!” Gippal bit off. Groaning and throwing his hands in the air, he spat, “Are you interested in him or something?”

“What’s it to you if I am?” Rikku demanded, “You’re the one that never tried to get in touch with me when you went off to save the world!”

Gippal groaned. He knew Rikku was right. He hadn’t tried to speak with her or to keep in touch. He had screwed up and he knew that, but he wasn’t about to admit that to her. He shook his head, “Never mind about that for now.” He said, “I just wanted to see if you knew where Shinra was. He’s a smartie and I thought he might be able to do the DNA analysis we need.”

“He’s probably with Pop at the new location of Home. They started the rebuilding about a week ago.”

Gippal nodded, “I had forgotten about that,” he crossed the room toward Rikku. With the dim light in the room, she looked even more beautiful and the two stared into each others eyes for several moments before Gippal whispered, “You’re really beautiful.”

“Thanks.” Rikku said with a blush. Gippal never complimented her and now he had done so twice in the last 24 hours. It had to be a new record or something. Rikku vaguely wondered if this was a trend that would continue but all thought left her head when his lips came upon hers in a kiss that set her whole being on fire.

It seemed like forever before his lips left her own. Rikku could form coherent words before he lifted her in his strong arms and crossed over to the bed. His green eyes seemed to bore holes right through her, and she barely realized he had set her down upon the bed, before he turned to leave. Her feelings ranged from relief to disappointment in those moments. She didn't want him to go, but she didn’t want him to stay either. In a moment he was to the door, and, just as quickly as he’d shown up, he was gone with just Rikku’s pounding heart to signify that he’d been there at all.

The dim light from the refrigerator gave the entire kitchen a light glow as Paine stared into the chilly abyss trying to figure out if she did indeed want something to eat. The stoic female couldn’t sleep so she had wandered out of the guest room she was to stay in and out into the kitchen hoping to find sustenance.

It was strange for her to be in the same building with the three men she’d tried so desperately to avoid after the Crimson Squad massacre. It was infinitely stranger to be in the home of the leader of the aforementioned squad. Things between herself and Nooj have been uncomfortable since her 16th birthday that the crew had celebrated on a ship bound for Luca. It was after that night that Paine swore never to drink again. Beer and a ‘friendly’ atmosphere caused people to do things they wouldn’t be proud of in the morning. Nooj and Paine had done those things…`twice.

“Can’t sleep?”

Paine spun around, dropping the water bottle she had gripped in her hand. Water splashed all over the floor and Nooj was beside her in a moment to help her clean the soaking mess. Their hands touched briefly as they wiped up the mess and their eyes connected. Paine felt her heart skip a beat. Although he was practically engaged to LeBlanc and had been even back during their tryst, she still loved him. She would always love him.

His eyes seemed to expect some sort of response from her and she nodded, “I’m not tired.”

“Neither am I.” he replied with a weak smile. Tense was the mildest of terms that could be used to describe the feelings between them now. It was odd to have her under his roof, so close and yet so far away. He loved LeBlanc and had since he had met her almost 10 years before, but part of him longed for Paine in a way that he’d never longed for anyone. He didn’t understand it. He didn’t think he ever would.

“Noojie!!” came LeBlanc’s voice down the hall, “Noojie!!”

Nooj and Paine climbed to their feet and separated on the linoleum floor. Paine nodded curtly to him, “I should be going.”

“Yeah.” Nooj agreed, “I think that’d be best.”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

Nooj watched with a heavy heart as Paine walked out of the back kitchen entrance just as LeBlanc came in from the front. He felt her hands snake around his waist as she whispered, “And what are you doing out here, love?”

“Just getting a drink.” He replied.

LeBlanc rose on her toes and placed a soft kiss on the nape of his neck, “Well, why don’t you come to bed. I’m lonely, love.”

“Okay, LeBlanc.” Nooj said as he began to follow her out of the kitchen. Casting one last glance over his shoulder to the door Paine had used, Nooj let out a silent sigh and continued behind LeBlanc.

Baralai barely slept a wink at all the entire night. He couldn’t stop his racing mind from thinking about Rikku. It wasn’t like him to become so focused on one thing that everything else took a backseat. Rising from his bed a little after seven, Baralai pulled his pants and shirt on and padded silently to Rikku’s bedroom. He hoped that the Al Bhed was awake and when he saw dim light coming from under her door he knew she was. Knocking softly, he waited for some response from the female in the room. It came moments later, “Who is it?”

“It’s Baralai,” he replied, “Can I come in for a minute?”

“Sure.”

At her okay, Baralai silently slid the door open and stepped into her bedroom. Rikku was sitting cross legged on her bed with her back to him. The shirt he’d lent her was covering her long legs like a blanket as she watched the sunrise from her window. Sitting down next to her, Baralai asked, “So how are you this morning?”

Rikku shrugged. She had been unable to sleep thanks to the shocking kiss Gippal had given her. All she could think about was his lips and how much she wanted to taste more of his mouth. Her heart started to pound just thinking about where last night could have led had he not left. Falling backward onto the bed, she looked up at Baralai, “Have you ever been with a girl?”

Baralai’s surprise at the question was obvious when his brown eyes widened and he choked on the air he’d breathed in, “Wh…what?!”

“Have you ever had sex?” Rikku repeated, sitting up again to face him, “I know you were a priest and that was, you know, forbidden. But, did you do it before?”

Baralai, after getting over his immediate shock, fell backward on the bed with Rikku following suit, “First of all,” he said, “it wasn’t exactly forbidden. You could as long as you were married, but that’s beside the point.”

“Yes it is.” Rikku said with a giggle, “Now are you going to answer my question or not?”

“Yes.”

Rikku’s smirk vanished after a few seconds of holding it. Cocking an eyebrow, the blonde female rolled over onto her side, “Yes what?”

“Yes, I have.” Baralai replied.

Rikku frowned and allowed herself to fall back again, “I was afraid you were going to say that.” She admitted with a sigh, “I really hoped you were going to say no, though.”

“Why?”

“So that I wouldn’t be the only virgin on the entire airship,” she replied. Rikku forced herself to rise from the bed as she walked over to the window and gazed out. Without thinking, Rikku lifted the nightshirt she had borrowed from Baralai over her head. Baralai took in his breath quickly as he realized with shock that Rikku was only wearing panties under that oversized t-shirt. With her back to him, he could make out ever curve in her body as she let the shirt drop to the floor. He found himself wondering what it would be like to trace his lips over that soft skin before Rikku’s leaning to reach her bikini from the floor caught his attention. She put it on with ease before turning back to face Baralai, “Thanks for letting me borrow your shirt.” She said with a smile as she handed it back to him.

Baralai fought the blush that was forming on his features due to his tightening pants and he quickly bunched the shirt up and placed it on his lap, “Sure thing.” He replied.

Rikku sat down next to him to put on her skirt and arm bands before saying to him, “Is there something wrong with me? I mean, I’ve saved the world twice but I’ve never had sex. What does that mean?!”

“It means you’ve saved the world twice but you’ve never had sex.” Baralai replied simply, “There’s nothing wrong with you, Rikku.”

She grinned at him and kissed his cheek, “Thanks.” She said as she stood and slipped her shoes on, “We should go and see if everybody else is up yet.”

Baralai nodded and followed the – once again – perky female out of her room, trying with all his might to keep his eyes ahead of him instead of on her backside.

Tidus slowly crawled out of the bed but as soon as his feet hit the floor he felt Yuna’s hand on his back, “Where are you going?” she asked sleepily.

“I was going to take a shower.” Tidus said, “It’s early. Go back to sleep.”

Yuna rose from the bed after him, letting the blankets fall from her naked form. He smiled at her, pulling her body close to him in a warm and passionate embrace. Separating reluctantly, Tidus reached for his shorts which were still hanging on the bedframe. He frowned a little because he couldn’t remember having put them there, but he didn’t worry about it too much when he saw Yuna laying back down on the bed and replacing the blankets over herself, “Going back to sleep?” he asked.

“Yep.” She replied, rolling onto her side with a sigh.

Tidus grinned like an idiot and gripped his shorts in his left hand and his shirt in his right. Sleeping over hadn’t been the original plan so Tidus hadn’t brought any extra clothes with him when the group had set out, not that that had ever bothered him before. Tidus was the kind of guy who only changed clothes when there were holes in them.

Pulling the bathroom door closed behind him, he threw the clothes on the floor and turned the shower on hot before stepping under the spray. Being given a second chance at life was something Tidus was never going to take for granted. Even the littlest pleasures – like showering – had a whole new feeling to them. He let the soap lather over his muscular body before rinsing and stepping gingerly out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Hi.”

Tidus laughed and ran his hands through his soaking hair, “I thought you were going back to sleep.” He said to Yuna who had joined him in the bathroom.

“I changed my mind.” The ex-summoner replied as she handed him his clothes.

Tidus let the towel drop from his waist and stood in all his glory while Yuna silently appraised him. With her grin of approval, Tidus slipped his shirt over his head then his boxers over his feet. As he went to slip his shorts on, he noticed some dirt staining the cuff and he frowned. Where had that come from? He thumbed the stain for a moment before looking at Yuna, “Where did this dirt come from?”

She felt herself go pale. He hadn’t really asked her that, right? It was just like before when he led them to that house and then didn’t know where he was. What was going on?!

“Yuna?” Tidus asked again, “Do you know where I got this dirt on my pants from?”

Noezel7

*stares at the page in disbelief* This.....is.....simply(excuse the spelling).....spellbownding!!!! i can't believe you can keep up the quality of the story telling through out the entire story!! i am very proud to be able to say that i have read this piece of work!*runs over to RH and glomps her* And anyone who says otherwise is a bakka!!!!

Oh and i got to be first to post. Yeah!!!!

anime_keitostyle

how do you do it? you never fail to create an atmosphere of pure literary bliss. i constantly lose myself in the story, seeing all the characters and jumping right into the story with them. it's quite a good feeling, actually, and is the mark of a truly talented writer. keep up the amazing work, rh! *joins noezel in glomping and huggling rh*

SoRaBhK_dUdE

*yawn* Nice chapter!! And I'm not very enthuseastic because I just woke up. WOOO new fan! And I can't think of anything else to say but... GREAT CHAPTER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back