• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings 2: 1000 Confessions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noezel7

what about me? i want to be number one. i'm sorry i didn't read the original one until a little while ago.
*goes and sulks in the corner, tracing a circle with her finger on the ground*
-_-

redharry123

a wanderer
edit: i'm srry. Noezel17, how about ur fan # 1 1/2? does that work?

After much consideration, I have decided that this twist in the chapter is necessary in order to send the story in the direction I want it to go. I’ve thought of other possible directions, but none seem to be as good as this one. Now that I’ve got you sufficiently interested (I hope), below is chapter 8.

Chapter Eight: End of the Line

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of footsteps on the stairs caused Shuyin to quickly put the ring in his pocket and turn his back on the approaching person. He gazed out the window and noted that the trio of females were climbing the sand dunes so he realized that chances are his unwelcomed guest was either Baralai or Gippal.

It was the former. He could sense Baralai’s presence as soon as the former priest stepped onto the landing. He supposed it had to do with the fact that he had possessed Baralai but never Gippal. Straightening himself, he prepared to do his best Tidus impression when the sudden drop of the open locket in front of his eyes caused him to stop in mid-breath. He hadn’t seen Lenne’s beautiful face in so long that he had almost forgotten how truly breathtaking she was. All he had were memories of their time together, but seeing her filled his heart with a joy he thought had died right along with her. However, his joy was short-lived when Baralai hissed, “Look familiar, Shuyin?”

Shuyin was impressed with Baralai’s intelligence and he turned slowly to him with a wide grin, “I’m impressed, Baralai. I didn’t think you’d get it so quickly.”

“You underestimated me, Shuyin.” Baralai replied as he pulled the necklace away from Shuyin’s unwavering gaze, “Now where is Tidus?”

“He’s sleeping.”

Baralai, in a quick move, shoved Shuyin against the wall, “Where is he?” he asked again, each word measured and laden with meaning.

Shuyin started laughing at the sheer absurdity of Baralai’s actions. Who did this former priest think he was? With his free hand, Shuyin shoved Baralai easily off of him and went back to his perch at the window.

“Fine,” Baralai said, “I guess I’ll just have to let Yuna decide what to do about you.”

Shuyin heard Baralai’s footsteps going toward the stairs and he panicked. He couldn’t let that damned priest tell Yuna or anyone else about his plans. Baralai had barely taken two steps when Shuyin noticed a black belt lying partially visible under a nearby bed. In a quick move, he grabbed the belt and lassoed Baralai, tightening it around his neck until Baralai’s breath was coming out in small gasps, “I don’t think so, Baralai.” Shuyin whispered into Baralai’s face as he pulled on the belt and forced the former priest to his knees.

Baralai struggled to loosen the belt from around his neck as panic set in. He hadn’t thought about what would happen after confronting Shuyin. He hadn’t thought that far in advance. Now all he could think about was how stupid he had been to lie to the girls and to not tell them his plans. He slid his fingers between his neck and the belt and managed to murmur, “Why…”

“Why?” Shuyin asked, incredulous, as if the mere thought of this question was beyond his comprehension. In fact, it was. Shuyin couldn’t understand why Baralai didn’t understand Shuyin’s desperation. Kneeling before the wheezing man, Shuyin replied, “I was left in a cave to starve to death. I starvedto death. I lived on dirt for weeks! By the end I weighed about 70 pounds and all I could think about was being with Lenne again. You’re asking me why!!”

Baralai’s mind was reeling. He starved in a cave? How was that even possible? Everyone knew that he and Lenne had been shot and killed by the Bevelle soldiers after he had tried to activate Vegnagun the first time. His confusion filled brown eyes connected with the blue ones that, to his surprise, were brimming with tears. Shuyin chocked out, “I didn’t die with her if that’s what you’re wondering. I survived. I survived and she died and I’ve had to live with that for 1000 years!”

Baralai pulled back and felt the belt loosen a little more, “Please….” He gasped, “…don’t…”

“Don’t what?!” shrieked Shuyin, “Don’t fight to have my life back?! Don’t fight to be with the woman I love more than anything?!” He gripped the belt tightly and pulled, cutting off the little oxygen that Baralai was receiving. Tears started flowing freely from his eyes and he strained to remain calm as Baralai clawed at the belt, trying to gain a breath of air, “Sucks, doesn’t it?” Shuyin hissed harshly, “I didn’t live long enough to know what it felt like to suffocate.”

He loosened the belt again and Baralai greedily sucked oxygen into his lungs. He prayed that someone – anyone – would come in and see what was going on but with each tick of the clock, that seemed like less and less of a possibility. Shuyin wiped tears from his face with the back of his hand, “I was killed by people like you.” he said sharply, “People who have their heads up their asses and follow other idiots around without ever questioning anything!”

Taking the moment that Shuyin loosened his grip on the belt to blink away tears, Baralai leapt to his feet and made a break for the stairs, taking them two at a time while trying to undo the belt from around his neck, but Shuyin was faster then he had expected and Baralai didn’t make it to the door before he was pulled backward onto his rear by Shuyin’s grip on the belt. Shuyin spun Baralai around to face him and the terrified ex-priest stammered, “I…I won’t tell her…I swear….No...nobody will ever know.”

“I wish I could believe you.” Replied Shuyin as he tightened the belt around Baralai’s neck, cutting off the man’s oxygen again. Shuyin started to cry as Baralai clawed helplessly at the belt and then at his arms, “I’m not a killer, Baralai.” He wailed, “I hate this! I hate this!” Baralai’s face took on a shade of blue that Shuyin never knew existed and the priest started losing feeling in his arms and legs which slowly stopped their struggle. His eyes stared pleadingly at Shuyin who whispered, “You leave me no choice. I can’t let you tell anyone what you know.” Tenderly patting Baralai on the head, Shuyin said, “Enjoy the Farplane, Baralai. Give Zaon and Yunalesca my regards.” And with a quick snap of his wrists, he twisted the belt and broke Baralai’s neck.

As Baralai’s body slumped to the floor lifeless, Shuyin dropped next to him and let his breath come out in ragged sobs. He had never taken a life before, not even 1000 years ago, and he couldn’t believe what he’d just done. How would Lenne forgive him? How would he forgive himself?

“Where is everybody today?” came Rikku’s voice from just down the hall.

“Maybe Gippal and Baralai are in the crew quarters?” suggested Yuna.

Shuyin felt his panic rise. He hadn’t thought about the aftermath of murdering Baralai. He had killed him in the heat of the moment when he felt that he had no other alternative. However, if anyone found him standing over the corpse, his cover would be blow and Baralai would have died in vain. Quickly throwing Baralai over his shoulder and trying to ignore the odd angle his head hung in, Shuyin jogged up the stairs and dropped Baralai to the side of the farthest bed on the right. His escape was the large bay window on the side of the ship. If he could climb down and then come back to the ship no one would think he had anything to do with the death.

Shuyin took a step toward the window, hearing the voices closing in, when he realized that he hadn’t retrieved the locket from Baralai. Spinning and quickly digging into the pockets, he grabbed the golden necklace and put it around his neck and escaped out the window just as the door to the crew’s quarters opened.

“Baralai?!” called Rikku, “Gippal?!”

Paine frowned, “Do you think Baralai’s still looking for him?”

“I guess that’s a possibility.” Yuna replied as she started up the stairs, followed by Rikku and Paine.

Shuyin ducked just beyond their view as they reached the landing. Baralai was well hidden except for his hand which stuck out from under the bed, but none of the girls noticed yet. Clutching the necklace that hung around his neck, Shuyin began to tentatively slide down the hull of the Celsius. He couldn’t hang around and wait for the discovery. He had to appear like he was just coming back.

His feet hit the ground and he climbed up the gangplank back to the Celsius just as Gippal came up from the engine room entrance. Shuyin momentarily felt himself panic when he realized that Gippal might have been in the ship the entire time, but he calmed when the eye-patch wearing man smiled at him. YRP’s screams invaded their comfortable silence and the two men broke out into a run. Following Gippal to the landing of the crew’s quarters, Shuyin took in the scene. The girls had apparently found and then moved Baralai’s body out from its hiding place. His head was at an even stranger angle then it had been when Shuyin had dropped him there. No one had made a move to remove the belt that was wrapped around his neck and Paine had just sat the phone back on its cradle, “Cid will be here with the Al Bhed police in a minute.” She said.

Time seemed to stand still for the group as they waited for the authorities to trek through the sand to their ship. As his crystalline eyes gazed at Baralai’s body, Shuyin felt as though he’d be sick. He’d just committed a cold blooded crime. He was a murderer.

“Okay, where is he?” came Cid’s voice. Rikku’s father was a portly bald man with a tendency to shout and tell it like it was. He was followed by two incredibly muscular Al Bhed men whom Shuyin assumed were the police officers. Cid stopped in the space that a sobbing Rikku and Yuna had formed in the half circle around Baralai and he shook his head, “Poor bastard.”

Rikku backed up to let the officer’s through and smacked into Gippal’s hard chest. She let him wrap his arms around her and she turned to embrace him. The both of them had lost a friend that day and Rikku didn’t understand why. As she ran her hands down his sides, her fingers hitched in his belt loops and her breath caught in her throat. The last words she heard Gippal say to Baralai echoed in her head.

“Stay away from her or you’ll regret it.”

Rikku felt her hands; her whole body starting to shake and she forcibly pried Gippal’s arms from her body. She knew the color had drained from her face from the look in his eyes but she didn’t care. Once she was at a safe distance, she let her eyes graze his waist and realized that he indeed wasn’t wearing his belt. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw why.

His belt was wrapped firmly around Baralai’s neck.

“Rikku, what is it?” Gippal asked as he took a step toward her.

Shrieking in a high pitched wail, Rikku held her hands out in front of her, “Don’t get near me! Stay away from me!”

“Rikku?” whispered Yuna, “What is wrong with you?”

Rikku’s entire body continued its uncontrollable trembling as she pointed to Gippal’s waist, “Where’s your belt, Gippal?” she asked for the second time that day.

It was at that moment that Shuyin realized what he had done. The belt he had grabbed belonged to…Gippal. It was also at that moment that Gippal’s face lost all color as he realized what Rikku was insinuating, “Ri…Rikku,” he managed, “You don’t seriously think that I…”

He made to reach out to her, but Cid was faster and smacked his hand away, “Don’t touch my daughter.” He hissed. Cid motioned for his officers to move in and faster then Gippal could react, the men each held one of his arms behind his back. Ignoring Gippal’s shouts and struggles, Cid turned back to Rikku, “What makes you think Gippal did this?”

The tears streamed down Rikku’s pretty face and she could barely form coherent sentences, but Paine had followed her line of thought. She, in fact, had thought the same thing briefly herself. With a frown, she said, “Gippal threatened Baralai this afternoon. He went missing and Baralai went to look for him. That’s also Gippal’s belt.”

“Paine!” Gippal shrieked, “You know I wouldn’t do this! Baralai was like my brother!!”

“Yeah, a brother you threatened!” Rikku shouted back, finally regaining her voice. Her upset was diminished only by her anger as she stormed up and slapped Gippal hard across the face, “Did you honestly think we’d be too stupid to figure it out!!”

“Rikku,” said Cid, “are you accusing Gippal of this? You know what will happen if you do.”

Rikku had to hide a shudder. Al Bhed prisoners got no justice. It wasn’t like being tried in a court of Yevon. In a court of Yevon you were innocent until proven guilty. In an Al Bhed prison, you were guilty. There was no innocence. Gippal’s fate most probably included the death chamber. The fact that Cid was asking for his daughter’s final say was quite a gesture. Rikku had this one final chance to take back her suspicions and let the man who had probably brutally murdered Baralai walk free. This was on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn’t form the words. As much as she loved Gippal, she couldn’t let him walk free if he had murdered Baralai. She knew that her father adored Gippal and would do everything he could to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was guilty before he was condemned and that was the thought she clung to. Ignoring his pleading eyes, she whispered, “Take him away, Pop.”

“Rikku!!!!” screamed Gippal as the muscular men started to pull him backward down the stairs. The Al Bhed struggled with them, “Rikku!!! E fuimth'd tu drec! Oui ghuf sa! Rikku!!!”

His voice echoed through the corridors as the men struggled to drag him from the Celsius and when his voice could no longer be heard, Rikku burst into tears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AL BHED TRANSLATION:

E fuimth'd tu drec! Oui ghuf sa!: I wouldn’t do this! You know me!

note: I really hope that nobody was turned away by this chapter. Killing him wasn’t what I wanted to do initially with this story. I wanted to ultimately have the triangle end with a Rikku/Gippal, but I just couldn’t seem to figure out a really fantastic way to end the triangle. Everything I thought of seemed so trite and overdone. This idea came to me and I thought it was a really good idea. I had wanted Baralai to figure out that Tidus was Shuyin and I was initially going to only have Shuyin hurt Baralai, maybe by pushing him down stairs or something, but that didn’t seem to work. Shuyin couldn’t let Baralai live knowing his secret. I wanted Baralai to figure it out and by doing so, Baralai had to die. I hope that you all bear with me because I’ve got some good stuff coming up.

Thanks for reading!
~Redharry123

chapter 9 will be posted tomorrow...or later today..

anime_keitostyle

Sorry I was gone so long...but I'm back and have read your newest additions! This fic is utterly *takes out thesaurus* beautiful, extraordinary, divine, heart-wrenching, amazing, phenominal, praise-worthy, a masterpiece, what every fic author strives to achieve, the list goes on and on... Well, if I can't be your #1 fan, how 'bout your #1 numbah one fan! *laughs at all the other fans who fall beneath her glorification of Silver Wings fics* Just try to beat that!

redharry123

a wanderer
This chapter is going to focus mainly on Shuyin and Yuna with, quite possibly, another twist no one is expecting. We’ll get more into Gippal in the chapters that follow but for now just assume that dear Gippal is locked away in an Al Bhed holding cell. *sniff*.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

SILVER WINGS 2: 1000 CONFESSIONS

by redharry

Chapter Nine: Would You Do It Again?

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

The following day was dark and dreary – the perfect day to hold Baralai’s sending. Shuyin had never witnessed a sending before, but he knew Tidus had so he needed to act as unimpressed as possible. Since the Celsius was off limits during the investigation, the group had taken to staying in the main building at Home which was divided into several bedrooms. Yuna hadn’t gotten any sleep the night before, having spent the entire night with Paine trying to comfort Rikku. Shuyin hadn’t slept either and the reason wasn’t completely different from Rikku’s.

Shuyin had accidentally framed an innocent man and he didn’t know what to do about it.

He had sat up all night thinking about different ways to save Gippal from a terrible fate – thinking about if he even wanted to save him. Baralai had been smart enough to figure out Shuyin’s secret. What if Gippal followed in his footsteps? Having him locked up in an Al Bhed prison was the perfect place to keep him from figuring things out, but could Shuyin go about acting like nothing was wrong? He had blood on his hands and nothing he could do was wiping them clean.

Yuna was wearing a long blue skirt and a white blouse with a yellow bow on the back to the service. She mentioned something about not having worn it since her pilgrimage, and Shuyin assumed that this outfit was something summoners these days wore. Her eyes were bloodshot as she smiled half-heartedly at him before going back out to the bridge leaving him alone with his thoughts. He stood in only boxers staring at the dark blue slacks and dress shirt that Yuna had laid out for him. Nooj and LeBlanc had flown in and would join the crew of the Celsius for the sending. Shuyin knew he should be getting dressed, but he couldn’t stop his hands from shaking. He could still hear the crack of Baralai’s neck when it snapped beneath the strength of his hands. He slowly pulled the leather gloves off of his hands and put them onto the table next to him. Part of him was grateful for having not taken the gloves off that day and part of him was furious with himself. With those gloves on, the only person forensics would discover had touched the belt were Baralai – while begging for his life -, and Gippal…

Shuyin felt a tear trickle down his cheek. Would the guilt ever go away?

He had placed the locket safely into a lockbox in the closet and the diamond ring in the pocket of his shorts. He didn’t want to think about Lenne for the moment. He didn’t want to think about how angry she would be at him.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Shuyin pulled the clothes onto his shaking body and ran a brush through his hair several times before gazing at himself in a nearby mirror. It was the first time he had ever taken the time to look at himself in Tidus’ skin and he was surprised at the few differences he could see. Tidus’ hair was shorter and didn’t hang as often in his eyes. His skin was a bit more tan and he was probably about a half inch shorter, but Tidus had the same bright blue eyes that Shuyin was accustomed to seeing in his reflection and those eyes right now looked at him accusingly.

Murderer…

Shuyin jumped a little when he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Yuna. He hadn’t even seen her return through the mirrored reflection. Her eyes weren’t the deep brown of Lenne’s but they held the same kindness. She gave him a half smile, “We’re ready to start. Are you coming?”

For the first time since becoming Tidus, Shuyin really looked at Yuna. She wasn’t as different from Lenne has he had originally thought. If anything, she was more. Lenne was strong, but Yuna was stronger. Lenne was smart, but Yuna was smarter. Lenne was funny, but Yuna was funnier. Lenne was beautiful, but Yuna was…

“Yeah, I’m coming.” He said quickly, trying to head off the direction his thoughts were heading. Allowing Yuna to gently take his hand in hers, the duo joined the rest of the mourners by the Oasis in Bikanel which was where everyone had decided to have the sending performed. Yuna was relatively sure that Baralai wouldn’t have needed a sending to go to the Farplane, but she didn’t want to risk him becoming a fiend just in case she was wrong.

Shuyin tried to hide the wonder he was sure was reflecting in his eyes as Yuna began the sending. He had never witnessed anyone walking on water the way Yuna did, while swinging her scepter in the air. He tried to ignore the tears of those around him and focus on the fluidity of Yuna’s motions

“People die, and Yuna dances…”

Shuyin tensed. He knew that voice. Taking a casual step back from the group, he hissed under his breath, “Shut-up, Tidus.”

“When will she stop dancing...?”
“Shut-up!” repeated Shuyin, his hiss becoming slightly higher pitched.

“When will it stop...?”

Shuyin took a deep breath and strained, focusing all of his energies into forcing Tidus back into his world of darkness. The merger wasn’t happening as fast as Shuyin would have thought. Tidus still had a mind and will of his own. He frowned when he heard Tidus laugh and Shuyin whispered, “You’re supposed to be asleep.”

“Well, when someone murders someone else using your body, it tends to wake you up.” Tidus replied sarcastically, laughing again as Shuyin attempted to send him back to sleep.

“I did what I had to do.” Shuyin replied.

Tidus whispered, “Yuna will figure it out. You know she will.”

“Well, you’d just better hope that doesn’t happen,” threatened Shuyin, “because there will be no one to perform the sending.”

Tidus’ laugh caused Shuyin’s blood to run cold. It was a confident laugh and Shuyin realized that part of the merger had begun. Tidus was fully aware of Shuyin’s plans. With the end of his laughter, came Tidus’ response, “We both know you won’t hurt her.”
“Go back to sleep!” he hissed, louder then he had wanted to. He closed his eyes and strained until Tidus’ laughter was no longer echoing in his ears.

“Are you okay?” Yuna asked as Shuyin opened his eyes. All of the mourners were staring at him and Shuyin felt a blush form on his features.

“I’m fine.” He replied.

Paine gave him an inquisitive look, “Are you sure?” she asked, “It looks like you’re constipated.”

“I’m fine.” Shuyin replied again. Tidus’ words were still echoing in his head. He looked at Yuna and swallowed hard. What would he do if she figured it out?

Rikku was sitting outside. She had refused to come in. Baralai was dead and it was probably Gippal’s fault. Yet, she couldn’t fight the gut feeling that he wasn’t to blame.

“Hey, Rikku.”

Rikku spun around and smiled half-heartedly at her father. Cid joined her on the small pile of sand she had created as a chair and put a comforting hand on her shoulder, “Are you okay?”

“No, Pop.” She replied, “I’m not okay. I won’t be okay until you tell me that all the tests you ran on Baralai and the belt prove that Gippal is 100% innocent.”

Cid’s frown told Rikku that her father wasn’t going to be able to do that. The female turned to look out on the Oasis. She and Gippal had come there many times as children to play. He had taught her how to swim in that very water.

“What do you know, Pop?” she asked.

Cid sighed, “Forensics got the info back.” He paused and tilted Rikku’s head to look at him, “The only prints on the belt were Baralai’s and Gippal’s.”

Yuna hadn’t said much since the sending ended and after saying goodnight to everyone, Shuyin had followed her into their room. He let his clothes drop as he walked until he was clad in only a t-shirt and boxers. Yuna was standing with her back to him, gazing blankly into the mirror as he crawled beneath the sheets and lay on his side to look at her. She sighed heavily, “I have to tell you something.”

Shuyin didn’t like the sound of that and sat up in the bed, “What is it?”

She turned to him and for the first time Shuyin noticed just how much she resembled Lenne physically as well as emotionally. He hadn’t noticed it before, but it was there. It was subtle, but there. She smiled weakly at him, “We followed you.” She whispered, “When we were at the Youth League headquarters. We all followed you to the cave.”

He wasn’t prepared for this. Did she know about the necklace? Did she know that he killed Baralai? He gripped the end of the pillow until his knuckles turned white. He didn’t want to hurt her, but he didn’t know what other alternative he would have.

She reached into a large box that was sitting next to a large potted plant. Shuyin hadn’t noticed it before. Lifting it, she placed it on the corner of the bed, “I think we found what you were looking for.”

Now Shuyin was completely confused. He released his grip on the pillow and stared at the box. What could they have found if it wasn’t the locket? He watched as Yuna gingerly removed the top and placed it next to the box. Reaching inside, Shuyin paled when she gently placed a skull on the bed in front of him.

His skull…

“There were two others.” She said, “One belonging to Reiber Ackmard, the president of Bevelle, and the other belonging to his daughter, Allyn. Shinra ran the DNA tests on them. He still has those two.”

Shuyin barely heard what she had said. He couldn’t take his eyes off of the skull in front of him. Where was the rest of his body? Was it gone? Didn’t they look for it? He had hundreds of questions, but he couldn’t risk asking them. He had to play this cool. He didn’t think Yuna knew too much. He couldn’t give her any more reason to be suspicious.

“Tidus,” she whispered, “You called LeBlanc by the name Allyn. You’ve been acting very strangely. You called me Lenne.” She wiped a tear from her eye, “Shinra discovered that Shuyin dated Allyn. What do you know about that? What do you know about Shuyin and why were you looking for his skull in the cave?”

Shuyin’s mouth opened and closed like a fish several times. Yuna knew more then he had thought initially. He’d have to think quickly. Drawing upon what little he knew about the circumstances involving Tidus’ return, he quickly formulated a reply.

“When I was in the Farplane, I briefly met Shuyin.” This lie seemed to shock Yuna and he went on the momentum of her surprise, “It wasn’t for very long. Just long enough for him and me to set eyes on each other.”

“So Rikku was right…?” Yuna whispered.

“What do you mean?”

“Rikku thought that you and Shuyin might have met and that’s what was causing the confusion.”

Shuyin smiled. He had hit gold with this excuse. Now all that was left was to put on the finishing touches, “That’s exactly what it was. I met the real version of myself and it caused me to be a little confused about what my reality was and what was his. The whole thing with the cave is an example of that. I just kept thinking that I needed to go to the cave. I don’t even know why.”

The smile on Yuna’s face appeared and then vanished just as quickly. Focusing her duel colored eyes into his, she asked, “Why were you cursing like that outside of the cave? I’ve never heard you curse before.”

All Shuyin could think about was the fact that Tidus apparently never swore. Somehow he had difficulty believing that, but if that was what Yuna thought then he had to play it that way. He tilted his head a little and whispered, “I don’t curse around you, but when I’m really angry I do have a mouth on me.”

Yuna seemed appeased by his response and gently placed the skull back into the box and the box back next to the plant. Shuyin was greatly relieved that it was out of sight. He didn’t want to ever see it again. She returned to him and knelt down on the bed, “I love you, Tidus.” She whispered.

Shuyin smiled, “I love you too.” He replied, in his best Tidus impersonation so far. Even Yuna seemed convinced as she climbed on all fours toward him on the large bed. Her soft lips pressed against his and at first he didn’t dare move. It was a tender kiss and he simply waited until she pulled away, but at the urging of her lips and tongue he realized her plan wasn’t to back off. As her lips traveled a path across his cheek and to his ear and neck, Shuyin let out a small moan. He wasn’t used to Tidus’ hotspots, but Yuna apparently was and she set each one afire with her kisses. Forcing himself to swim to the surface of his arousal, Shuyin gently pushed her away, “We shouldn’t do this.” He said, trying to steady his breathing. It had been 1000 years since he’d been turned on and it was taking some getting used to, “You’re upset and this isn’t the right time to be doing this.”

Yuna frowned and sat back on her heels, “I know exactly what I’m doing, Tidus.” She replied, “I love you and you love me. I want to make love with you. What’s wrong with that?”

“Well, Baralai just died. Isn’t it sort of…” he paused, searching for the right word when it hit him, “disrespectful?”

Yuna shrugged, reaching behind her to undo the yellow bow that helped hold her blouse on, “I don’t think so.” She replied as she threw the shirt onto the floor and went about removing the skirt and boots, “Think about it as comfort sex.”

At the reveal of her lacy black bra and panties, Shuyin felt his determination to turn her down waver. He hadn’t had to deal with her throwing herself at him before so he hadn’t considered how to handle it. If he turned her down, she’d suspect something was wrong. If he accepted her offer, would she notice any difference between them?

Thinking as he acted, Shuyin suggested he give Yuna a massage to which the former summoner was surprised, but interested. As she lay on her stomach, Shuyin gently worked his hands on her back, rubbing her tense muscles with his strong hands. Her skin was softer then he had expected and as he straddled her back to get more leverage, he realized he was enjoying the situation much more then he should. He needed something to distract him.

“What are you thinking?” she asked him suddenly and Shuyin realized he’d been unnaturally quiet since the massage began.

He cleared his throat, “Just about your…pilgrimage.” He lied. He couldn’t think of anything else to mention and he was curious about it. He’d only heard bits and pieces of the journey on which she’d fallen in love with Tidus. That time was supposed to have been his time and he was interested in learning about it.

“What about it?” she asked, sighing happily as he pressed deeply.

“Tell me about it…” he whispered, before realizing that the particular wording he used could send off warning flags. Quickly retracing, he said, “I want to hear about it from your perspective.”

She laughed, “What do you want to know about it?”

“What made you want to be a summoner?” he asked suddenly. He had wondered the same thing about Lenne and back then summoners weren’t sent to die. Yuna choosing to become one during times of summoner sacrifices was something he simply couldn’t understand. Did Lenne’s soul have some sort of death wish?

Yuna turned her head slightly on the pillow, “Well,” she began, “I don’t know for sure. I always knew that my destiny was to face Sin. I don’t really know why.” She smiled, “Maybe I was destined to become a summoner so that I would meet you…”

Shuyin couldn’t formulate a response to that. He knew that Lenne had asked for him back, but the fayth had sent Tidus instead. Was Lenne destined to be with Tidus or was he truly destined to be with her again?

“Would you do it again?” Shuyin asked without thinking. Lenne’s determination to return to the frontlines of war still echoed in his ears and he wondered if Yuna was the same way. They were almost the same person.

Yuna rolled out from under him and knelt before him on the bed. She tenderly ran a finger along the lines of his face as if memorizing every curve and whispered, “The first time almost cost me you forever.” She said, “I will never risk that again.”

She gripped both of his hands in hers and pulled them around her back, placing them firmly on the hook of her bra. She looked at him expectantly as his hands grew a mind of their own, hypnotized in her eyes, and carefully separated the two hooks, letting garment fall from her body.

Shocked back to reality, he didn’t want to look at her so he hugged her close to him, trying to ignore the feeling of her half naked body pressed against his. Her fingers traveled across the broad expanse of his back before quickly switching gears and hooking into the elastic of his boxers. Shuyin jumped away from her with a start and the two stared at each other. His look was more one of wonder then confusion.

There, on Yuna’s left hip almost concealed by her panties was a birthmark shaped like a diamond. Lenne had possessed the same mark on the same hip and Shuyin had spent many nights running his fingers gently over it while she slept.

“Tidus…?” Yuna whispered, but her question was quickly cut off by the gentle touch of Shuyin’s lips to hers. He didn’t know why she had that birthmark, but the fact was that she had it. Gently laying her down upon the bed, Shuyin decided to give her what she had asked him for and hoped with all his heart that she wouldn’t notice a difference.

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Wow.... That was intense. I almost started crying. These chapters are so emotional. I've got to read more.

Edit: Just read the second update and awesomeness.

Last edited:

anime_keitostyle

YAY! More goodness! I love Shuyin! Well, if we disregard the fact that he killed somebody, and took over someone else's body, he's the perfect heartthrob! Hell, all the characters you have allowed us to meet and dream about (I know I'm not the only one...right?...jk) are incredible! This brings a whole new meaning to FF. I have to say that this is even better than chocolate, and every girl knows how good a compliment that is! :D

anime_keitostyle

What can I say? As delightful as all things chocolate are, and let's face it, it's irresistable, this is even better. Yup. As hard as it is to admit, it's the truth. I'll just sit and wait for the next chappy *sits and waits, swinging her feet back and forth*

SoRaBhK_dUdE

*Looks back and forth* Did someone say chocalate? Chocalate. Mmmmm chocolate. Since people are comparing I will make a poem. Ahem. Violets are red, Roses are blue, Dis fanfic rocks and the and the creator does to. Does end my poem.

anime_keitostyle

I have a question regarding your poem: Since you lied about the colors of the flowers, does that mean you were lying about the last part *gasp*?! That would be quite unfortunate *cracks knuckles* because then I'd have to knock some sense into you. For now, I will assume you were trying to be silliferous (hah-new word!) and were sincere in your praisings. Think your answer over carefully.

FlyingTomato1

Reharry instead of posting a comment i'm goin' to give you something.Look below
SilverWings.png

See!I made one for you!If you like it, here is the link.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/FlyinTomato1/SilverWings.png

Noezel7

wow this fan fic keeps getting better! i wish i could just forget it and then when i saw it on the boards i could reread it and be surprised by everything again! i would love to have a siggy for your fan fic!

redharry123

a wanderer
Chapter Ten: Diamond in the Wash

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Shuyin realized it was morning by the sunlight streaming in from the window behind him. He blinked several times and sat up slowly. Yuna wasn’t around and he wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not. Having momentarily lost his senses last night, he hoped that she hadn’t realized it wasn’t Tidus making love to her. That would completely ruin his plans.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and sighed. He was angry with himself for having zero self control the night before. How could he have risked his entire plan just because Yuna had practically stripped to nothing in front of him? What would Lenne think?

He sighed again. In the end Lenne was Yuna, so it wasn’t like he had cheated. It wasn’t even like he’d done something wrong in regards to Yuna either. She was more than willing.

The sound of the door opening and closing caught his attention. Yuna was fully dressed in her usual attire and coming toward him with a grin on her face, “Good morning.” She said, leaning over to kiss him.

She must not have noticed a difference…

“Good morning.” He replied with a smile. There was definitely something about her.

Yuna crawled onto the bed, straddling him over the sheets, “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

With a grin, Yuna whispered in his ear, “Where have you been hiding that amazing performance last night?”

Shuyin had to stifle a huge belly laugh. Apparently she had noticed a difference, but it was one she really liked. He had figured she enjoyed herself, judging from her various reactions, but he hadn’t realized that it was far too different from her experience with Tidus. Apparently he was wrong…

Turning to whisper back in her ear, “I thought I’d try something different.” Shuyin felt Yuna’s tongue tracing slow, lazy lines across his earlobe to which he replied, “Find something interesting?”

In a quick move, Shuyin flipped Yuna beneath him and attacked her throat with his lips in slow languid movements while his hands traveled her body, rising from her hips to the crevice between her breasts to loosen the fasteners.

“Yuna, are you coming?”

Shuyin laughed and rolled off of Yuna who quickly hooked her shirt again, “I’m coming, Paine!” she called. She looked at Shuyin who was laying on his side staring at her, “I’m going with Paine, Nooj, and LeBlanc to see Gippal today.”

“Why?!” Shuyin asked, a little more forcefully then he had wanted to. Did they know something?

Yuna pushed herself off of the bed and walked to the mirror where she ran a brush quickly through her tangled knots, “Cid said the belt used on Baralai only had two sets of prints – Baralai’s and Gippal’s.” she sighed and their eyes connected in the reflection, “We’re hoping to get him to confess. Cid said he’d consider a plea bargain if he confesses.”

“What sort of plea bargain?”

“Life in prison instead of the death sentence.” Yuna turned to him, “It’s better than nothing.” Taking three quick steps to him, Yuna pressed her lips to his tenderly, “I love you, Tidus. I’ll be back later.”

“Hey!” Shuyin called as she started for the door. As she spun back around he smiled, “How about you and me do something together tonight, just the two of us?”

Yuna’s smile lit up her face and Shuyin joined her smile and felt really happy for the first time in a long time, “I’d love that.” She replied, “I’ll see you tonight then.”

“Tonight.”

“Oh!” she said with a start, “I almost forgot. I threw your shorts in the washer to get rid of that dirt stain. You’ll have to wear something else in the meantime.”

“Okay, Yuna.”

Shuyin lay back on the bed with a self satisfied smirk on his face for several minutes after she left. He wasn’t sure what it was he was feeling for Yuna, but he liked it. She was the best parts of Lenne minus Lenne’s annoying tendencies, like sacrificing herself over and over and over again. He hoped that when he used the diamond on Yuna, Lenne’s personality would remain much like Yuna’s.

The diamond!

Shuyin jumped up from the bed and quickly pulled boxers on, breaking out in a run out the door and down toward the washing area. He had left the ring in his pants pocket, and Yuna had put the pants in the wash!

Luckily during his streaking, Shuyin didn’t pass anyone and upon reaching the washing room, it was empty. Although there were several washers, only one was working and Shuyin stopped it, pulling his damp pants from the pile of other damp clothes. The diamond had become dislodged from the base of the ring, but luckily it was still in his pocket. He breathed a sigh of relief for that, but then wondered if the diamond had been damaged.

“I hope it has been, you son of a bitch.”

Shuyin groaned, “What are you doing awake again?”

“First you kill Baralai,” Tidus hissed, “Then you sleep with my girlfriend. I could kill you for this.”

Shuyin threw the shorts back into the wash and turned the cycle on again before whispering, “You can’t do anything to me, Tidus. I’m the more powerful of the two of us. I’m in charge.”

“You won’t get away with this.”

Shuyin laughed, “I think I already have.” He replied, “The only difference Yuna has noticed was the fact that my sex was better then yours.”

“Lenne is going to hate you for what you’ve done.” Tidus answered, “She won’t be able to get over this as easily as she got over your affair with Allyn.”

“Go back to sleep, Tidus.” Said Shuyin, suddenly furious. He hated that Tidus was getting into his memories but it hadn’t started working in the opposite yet. The merger was taking forever to work. He had been told by the fayth that the merger would join the two souls together, allowing the true one to have all the memories. So far, it was taking forever. At least Shuyin still had his strength. Closing his eyes, Shuyin strained and focused until he felt Tidus going back into his world of darkness.

With a sigh, Shuyin looked down at the broken ring in his hand. A little glue, some time to dry, and then he could test it to see if the thing still worked.

Gippal was grateful to have a cell to himself, but he still didn’t like the catcalls he had received from the inmates upon being taken into the Al Bhed maximum security prison. He hadn’t been allowed to shave since thoughts of suicide were common among prisoners and giving them razors just ended in a bloody mess so he had blond stubble lining his face. Bags were firmly planted under his eyes since fear for his life had prevented any thoughts of sleep.

Gippal’s mind had been racing since his arrest about who could have killed Baralai and then managed to escape, but he couldn’t think of anyone who would have wanted his best friend dead. When he had been told that Paine, Nooj, LeBlanc, and Yuna were coming to see him, hoped it was to tell him that they knew he was innocent.

If only Rikku would come.

“Oui kud jecedunc.” Said a portly Al Bhed guard just outside of Gippal’s cell. Gippal stood and walked toward the cell bars which were about two feet from the cot they gave him to sleep on. Next to that was a toilet with a crust on it that made Gippal glad he could pee standing up.

Yuna was visible first, followed by Paine, LeBlanc, and Nooj. Nooj came up to the bars and gripped his hands through them, “Are you okay?” he asked.

“I suppose.” Gippal replied.

LeBlanc kissed his forehead, “We know you didn’t do it, love. We’re going t prove it.”

Gippal noticed that Paine and Yuna hung back during this time and he frowned. Looking directly into Paine’s crimson eyes, he asked, “What do you think?”

“Trust me, Gippal.” She replied, “You don’t want to know.”

Yuna gave him a half-hearted smile, “We’re not here for pleasantries, Gippal.” She said, rather harshly for Yuna, “I’m here to tell you that the only prints on the belt were yours and Baralai’s. Cid said if you confess now, he’ll give you a plea bargain.”

“You’re all here to get my confession?!”

LeBlanc shook her head, “No, love. Noojie and I are here to give you our support.”

Gippal’s green eyes bored holes into Paine as he hissed, “Well at least someone knows I wouldn’t harm Baralai.”

“Gippal,” Yuna began, “I want to believe it too, but everything points otherwise. Will you confess or not?”

“Confess to something I didn’t do?!” Gippal shrieked, “I’d rather die.”

“Fine.” Said Yuna, her voice suddenly becoming cold and distant, “I tried.” Spinning on her heels, Yuna left.

Gippal sat cross-legged on the hard cement of his cell floor and started to think over what Yuna had said. Only his prints and Baralai’s were on the belt. How was that even possible? He scratched his head and looked at Nooj, “Did anybody figure out where Baralai went yet?”

“Not yet,” Nooj replied, “The pilots that flew him wherever it was he went aren’t back from another run yet. Cid said they’ll be back by the end of the week.”

“What does it matter where he went?” hissed Paine suddenly, a rare display of anger coming from the usually stoic female, “All that matters is that he’s dead and that someone killed him!” Her face scrunched up a little and Gippal was shocked to realize that, upon turning her back to him, Paine had started to cry.

Nooj’s heart went out to Paine as he stepped behind her and placed two comforting hands on her shoulders, much to LeBlanc’s chagrin. Pressing his forehead against the back of her head, Nooj whispered, “But we both know that Gippal didn’t do it.”

Paine spun around suddenly, her eyes afire, “Don’t tell me what I know!” she screamed, “I know what I saw the last time I saw Baralai alive! I saw Gippal threaten him and then three hours later Baralai was dead! His prints being the only ones on the belt besides Baralai and we sure as hell know Baralai didn’t break his own neck!”

“The prints mean nothing!” shouted Gippal, silencing Paine and gaining all attention back to him. He stared at Paine with desperation in his eyes, “Don’t you see that someone is trying to frame me?! Why would I use my own belt to kill Baralai and then leave it there?! It just doesn’t make sense!”

“Then what do you think happened?” asked Paine, sarcastically.

“Maybe Baralai’s killer wiped his prints off of the belt!”

LeBlanc shrugged and shook her head, “Sorry, love, but that wouldn’t work. All the prints would have been damaged then.”

“Exactly!” said Paine, motioning wildly with her hands.

Gippal sighed and fell backward onto the cement, defeated. All the evidence did point to him and the only person who would believe his alibi wasn’t there. Oh if only Rikku had come!!

Thoughts and possibilities flashed through Gippal’s head. How could the killer have used his belt without leaving prints or messing up any others? Was it even possible? The only way would have been if the killer had worn gloves and…

“Gloves!” he suddenly shouted, sitting up suddenly, “The killer was wearing gloves!”

“I was thinking the same thing.” Nooj replied, “but we still don’t know who it could have been.”

Gippal’s sudden happiness was deflated just as quickly. Nooj was right. Just because he had a hunch, didn’t change anything. The prosecution would still bury him with their ‘evidence’. He had to come up with a suspect or even a motive that would help his case, but he couldn’t think of anyone who was crazy enough to murder Baralai and who wore gloves or even had a pair.

Suddenly a face flashed before Gippal’s eyes and he thought his heart stopped. Was it possible? He stared at Nooj, “Tidus…”

Paine was in front of him in a moment, slapping him hard on the cheek, “How dare you start accusing other people!”

Rubbing his face gently, Gippal protested, “But Paine! Think about it! He’s been acting weird, he was MIA, and he wears gloves!”

“He was also coming into the ship at the same time you claim you were!” Paine reminded him, “You said that yourself.”

“Oh…yeah.” Gippal said with a frown. Tidus had been coming up the front plank to the Celsius at the same time Gippal had entered from the engine room entrance.

There really was no hope…

Nooj and LeBlanc said their goodbyes and left. Gippal was surprised that Paine was still there but he didn’t voice it. Even without her saying a word, just knowing that someone – anyone* – was there made him feel better.

“Gippal…” Paine whispered suddenly, breaking the silence that had permeated the room.

“What is it?”

“Did you notice how the window was open just a crack that day?”

Gippal did remember it. It had been odd since Brother insisted on keeping all the windows closed so that they weren’t left open during flight. He stared at Paine, trying to figure out her line of thought when she said, “The side of the ship is like a big sliding board. The three of us liked to slide down, especially if we were on the roof.”

He suddenly realized where she was going. If someone – namely Tidus – had slid down the side of the ship after killing Baralai, they would have had plenty of time to get back to the front of the ship and inside before his body was discovered. Gippal stared at her in wonder as she whispered, “I believe you.”

Yuna’s return was well timed. Shuyin had just finished making sure the diamond wouldn’t fall off of the ring when she walked back into their room. Quickly slipping the object into his pocket, he turned and smiled at her but was greeted by a frown in return, “What’s the matter?”

“He wouldn’t confess.” Yuna replied, “He’s going to die because he’s so damn stubborn!”

Shuyin pulled Yuna toward him in a gentle embrace, “It’ll be okay.” He whispered.

“Do you think he did it?” she asked.

Shuyin hadn’t expected that question. He thought for a moment and then said the only answer that he felt would aid him in his plans, “Yes, I do.” He whispered, taking advantage of this opportunity to slip the ring onto her finger. He felt Yuna slump in his arms and a momentary panic took over. Had he killed her? He laid her down gently on the bed and was relieved to find she was still breathing.

Time passed slowly as the minutes went by and Yuna didn’t wake up. After five minutes, Shuyin made a move to take the ring from her finger when she groaned softly and opened her eyes. She stared from him, to the room, and then back to him before she whispered, “Shuyin, where are we?”

It was Lenne. She was back, however brief the interlude might be. His plan would work. Shuyin smiled at her and started in on his well rehearsed explanation, “The guards chased us, but I managed to get us shelter here.”

He had decided it was best to let Lenne think it was still 1000 years before. She’d ask less questions that way.

Lenne, in Yuna’s form, sat up slowly, as if testing her limbs, “I had the weirdest dream.” She said, “I dreamt that the guards shot us and that I died. The fayth told me I needed to be reincarnated in order to stop this monster that was destroying Zanarkand, but I said I’d only do it if you were reincarnated with me. Then I was allowed to visit you one last time and these guards were locking you in a cave to let you starve and…”

“Stop it!” shrieked Shuyin and at Lenne’s shocked look, he said, much more calmly, “It was just a dream.”

Lenne stared at him as if seeing him for the first time. She gripped strands of his hair gently and asked, “Why did you cut your hair?”

“Like I said, the guards are looking for us so we had to adopt disguises. I cut yours too.” He said, motioning toward Yuna’s hair.

Lenne ran her fingers through the short strands and frowned, “Yes you did.” Then she let her eyes search the rest of her body and stared in disgust at the clothes, “Shuyin, just where are we?”

“A safe place.”

“Is this place a whorehouse?!” she asked, motioning toward the clothes, “What is this outfit? It looks like something Allyn would wear!”

“Oh, Lennie, stop it.”

She sat up farther and smacked her hands next to her on the bed, “No, you stop it Shuyin. I want to know exactly where we are.”

“It’s not important.” He replied, “What is important is that you and I are safe and together.”

Lenne nodded, “I guess you’re right,” she said, making a move to rise that was quickly rebuffed by Shuyin’s hard and fast grip on her waist, “What is the deal?!” she shouted, “I just want to look at what you did to my hair!”

“No.”

Her eyes immediately showed their skepticism and she glared at him, “Did you just tell me no?” she squirmed out of his arms and rolled onto her side to stare at him, “I don’t know what your problem is, Shuyin, but the bottom line is that I’m going back to the front tomorrow. I won’t let you keep me prisoner here.”

Shuyin couldn’t believe his ears. Even after 1000 years she still wanted to go to the frontlines! He felt a flicker of fury forming in his gut. Nothing had changed! Didn’t she ever learn?! Yuna learned. Yuna said that she wouldn’t have risked her life again if she had it to do all over and yet there was Lenne, ready to let herself die!

With a furious sweep of his hand, Shuyin ripped the ring from her finger and threw it across the room. He was sick of trying to save her life! He was sick of her always putting the war ahead of them! He was sick of Lenne!

With a sigh, Shuyin leaned back to wait the five minutes for Yuna to return to consciousness.

AL BHED TRANSLATION

Oui kud jecedunc: You got visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back