• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Silent Hill: The Short Message

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
sh.PNG

Silent Hill: The Short Message is a new free-to-play game that launched on the PS5 PlayStation Network about three weeks ago. This is the first new playable Silent Hill game since P.T. back in 2014. It does share some similarities to P.T., being in first person and featuring some looping room segments, but otherwise this game tells a full story in its 2 hour run-time.

The game also features Masahiro Ito's first new monster design for a Silent Hill game in 20 years. Akira Yamaoka also returns as the sound designer and composer, having not worked on a Silent Hill project since Shattered Memories (although he did play guitar on one song from Book of Memories).

The game is intended to basically be a taste-test for this new era of Silent Hill titles - there is some speculation as well that Konami is developing a full Silent Hill game in-house in addition to the Silent Hill 2 Remake, Silent Hill f, and Silent Hill Townfall all being handled by outside studios.

So did anyone here play this? What do you all think? I really enjoyed it and I am hoping it's a sign of things to come despite my reservations about SH2 Remake and my contempt for Silent Hill: Ascension.

Back