• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Silent Death

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Dragon

I'm helping Sora bop the Heartless on the head
Well, this is a story that I have had the basic ideas for for a while. It's only now that I have decided to write it.

This is chapter 1. Can people let me know what you think? I want criticism of my writing, ideas, anything. Constructive criticism, mind you.

It is kinda short, but it is kinda just setting the scene.

If ya like it, I can write more. I have pretty much the whole story panned out in my head.

Enjoy.

Chapter 1
“Miss, I need the loo!!” Yelling out in fake desperation, I looked Miss up and down. She ignored me, and continued to assist one of the less intelligent members of the class.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. Glancing around, I took it out and sneaked a look- a text, stating simply ‘It’s time’. I sighed, and tried once again to get the teachers attention. “Miss!!!”

She looked round, finally. I held my planner up, waved it in the air a bit. “Fine. Bring it here.” she said. Getting up, I shoved my phone back into my pocket. I walked down between the desks until I reached the teacher.

She signed in the back of my planner. “Don’t be too long, you still have work to do. And could you take this down to Mr Mullard please?”

“Of course, Miss.” I stalked out of the classroom. ‘Perfect’ I thought. Mr Mullard was, after all, the target. Following the ever familiar corridors, I wound my way towards my locker. Digging out my key, I opened the lock.

Throwing my planner to the back of the locker, I let out a happy sigh as I placed my hands on the worn leather and the shiny red metal. Lovingly stroking the curves of the objects, I pulled them out and stashed them in my bag. They were my tools, after all.

For you see, I’m a teenager. Typically, I deal with school, boys and basically growing up. Standing at a mere 5 foot in height at the age of 15, I was the shortest of my year. Everyday worries, that’s all I should have to cope with.

But I’m not the typical teenage girl. I’m a teenage assassin. And I’d just been billed for another hit.

I felt my knives dig into my back slightly through my bag. Spinning on my heel, my long brown hair swishing behind me, I headed for Mr Mullard’s classroom.

The door to his classroom had a small pane of glass in it. Peeping through, I noticed that he didn’t have a class this period. That would make things a great deal simpler.

Looking around the corridors and seeing nobody around, I broke into a run. I ran round to the yard outside, skidding to a halt beneath the window of Mr Mullard’s classroom.

Taking out my knives, I strapped them into place. Twin knives, twin daggers. The sheaths now strapped to my calves, I pulled them out to inspect them. The brilliant red metal and the sharp serrated edge caught the sun magnificently. Everything was in place.

Sliding my daggers back home, I stood and peered through the window. Mr Mullard was busy with something. This was panning out to be very easy- just the kind of job I like.

I took my pick out of my pocket and started to fiddle with the lock. I shivered, it running right down my spine. “What the hell is going on?!”

Twirling, I saw Dave, a classmate who had left the lesson earlier today, feeling ill. Right now, he was staring in horror at my daggers. I cursed. “Sh*t”. Things had just got a lot more complicated.

Thoughts?

Awards
Actually sounds like a pretty interesting story. The only thing that bugged me most was that you put 'Mr' instead of 'Mr.' .

Also, maybe writing more on how the teenager feels about her mission would be great. Like, was it her first time doing this, and if so, was she nervous? Or, she might have done something like this a million times before. Still, it's cool to explain how she feels.

Other than that, it's interesting. ^___^

Dark_Dragon

Here it is then. Chapter 2. Tell me what you think. I tried to included little hints as to her experience in her profession. I'll try to include some thoughts on what she does in a later chapter.

Chapter 2
“What the hell do you thing you’re doing?!” Dave yelled. Moving swiftly, I placed my hand over his mouth to keep him silent. The last thing I wanted was for him to blow my cover.
“Shhhh. Quiet.” I think that if not for the dagger knocking against his leg, he would have yelled some more. “Look Dave. I’ll explain. But just let me do this.” Slowly, I lowered my hand to let him speak.

“What? You’re….. gonna kill him?” I nodded slowly, ready to grab him again if need be. Dave thought it over. “So you’re….. an assassin?” Nodding again, he looked me up and down. A pensive look crossed his face. “You’re getting paid then?”

‘Oh god, here it comes’ I thought. “Yes, I am.” knowing what was coming next. “Cut me in and I’ll stay quiet.” Dave said plainly. ‘I knew it’. “Fine. Wait here.” I returned to the window, peeping through it again. Mr. Mullard still hadn’t finished whatever it was he was doing.

Taking back my pick, I started to fiddle with the lock once more. The tell-tale click that I had heard countless times before told me the lock was open. Crouching down, I wriggled the window ajar. Turning back to Dave, I whispered, “Crouch down here and stay quiet.” He nodded and crawled alongside me.

Standing, I climbed up through the open window. “Mr. Mullard?” I called, whilst I drew out my daggers. The metal shone menacingly in the light. Mr. Mullard turned round, looking perplexed. “How the f*ck did you get in here?!” He bellowed, fear creeping into his voice.

He started to dash towards the door. I caught him by the neck, swung him and slammed him into the whiteboard. As I had done countless times before, I thrust one dagger into his stomach and swung the other across his neck. The blood streaked across the whiteboard, staining it forever, a permanent reminder of my deeds.

Pulling out my daggers, blood dripping from them, I let out a huge sigh of relief. It was always tense, that moment when you let yourself be known to your target. The adrenaline pulsed through me, and I knew that soon the shivering would kick in.

“ You really….. You just….. Oh god”. Dave, deathly pale, had climbed through the window and was now slumped against the wall, a green tinge to his cheeks. Sticking his head out of the window, he emptied his stomach into the yard. ‘Brilliant. I’m gonna have to clean that up.’

“Dave. Get out. Go through the window and back to the classroom. Stay there and don’t say anything. Got that?” Nodding, holding his hand over his mouth, he stumbled back to the window and clumsily swung himself out.

I took a small object out of my pocket- a dark marble. That was my signature as an assassin, my calling card. Just like the marble, I stole in like the darkness and I always made an impact. I thrust it into Mr. Mullard’s pocket. It would be found, and the elusive Shadow Knife would be blamed once more.

Grabbing my bag, I undid the sheaths from my calves. The shakes from the receding adrenaline had started to kick in. Placing my daggers back in their rightful places, I wrapped them in the dense cloth, to keep the blood from showing through my bag. Nothing like a bloodstain or two to give away an assassin.

Placing my bag onto my back, I took out the note that Miss had wanted me to give to Mr. Mullard. I let myself out of the classroom and onto the corridors. Taking a deep breath, shaking hard, I started to scream.

Last edited:
Awards
Wow. 0.0 Kinda scary... but still interesting!

And what is the assassin's name? What does she look like? Don't forget to add thess details in the story!

Dark_Dragon

Oh, come on. 47 page views and only one person bothers to post? For shame, people.

But oh well. Chapter 3 is ready.

Chapter 3
“Help!!!! It’s Mr. Mullard!!! He’s…”

By now, almost every classroom on the same floor had poured out into the corridors. Mrs Shalk had peered into Mr. Mullard’s classroom and had emerged with the exact complexion that Dave had had moments ago. After silent mutterings between the teachers, the staff began to rally the pupils back into their classrooms. The corridors filled with suspicious whispers as the most nosey and talkative students tried to discover just what had happened.

“Clara. You should come with us.” I looked up at the mention of my name. I decided to stay silent, and simply nodded. Mrs. Shalk was now in tears- it was too much for her. Other teachers appeared to be struggling too, but now was not the time. They could grieve later, after all of the students had been sent home.

“Clara…” I focused on the person talking. It was the head teacher. She started to lead me by the arm down the corridor. I let her- I needed to act like a person who was actually affected by “finding” their teacher lying dead.

The head teacher led me into her office. Other teachers were gathered around. The secretary was on the phone, no doubt to the police. Closing the door behind us, the head teacher walked round and sat behind her desk. “So Clara. It might be hard, but tell us what happened.”

Here we go. I always was too good at lying to people. “I… well I went to the toilet Miss. And my teacher… she… she asked me to take a note down to… Mr. Mullard. I went but then I… he was…” I was sure I timed it right. I turned on the crocodile tears. Concerned and sympathetic faces rushed forward to comfort. ‘Bingo’.

The head teacher took charge. “Right. I want years 7 and 8 in the hall, years 9 and 10 in the sports hall and year 11’s in the gym. Form tutors, go with your respective forms. We need to send these kids home.” The teachers mumbled in agreement and slowly shuffled out. I followed on, going to the gym as I should. I know I should stay and let the councillor fuss over me. But there is someone I needed to see.

Standing at the door of the gym, I glance around. I catch my reflection in the pane of glass standard to most doors in this school. A pretty face, not overly so, but not un-noticeable. My eyes are shining, a deep and dark blue. Long dark hair that reaches just below the bust. Not overweight, but not deathly skinny either. Pretty much the average schoolgirl.

I scan the gym once more and find who I am looking for. Dave is stood in the far corner with his best friend Blaine. Sighing, I resign myself to the fact that I’m going to lose another cut of my pay. I walked towards the far corner. Dave looks up when I’m halfway there. Nudging Blaine, they both stared as I made my way towards them.

When I reached them, an awkward silence rose between us. Blaine spoke first. “Dave told me about you.” That was it, plain and simple. The way he looked at me… most people look in fear, but Blaine: he was in awe. I was unused to such a reaction, so much so that it startled me. “Fine. Do you want cutting in too?”

At this, Blaine seemed confused. Dave stood slightly back. Now, he did looked frightened.

I looked at him, wondering what he could want in exchange for his silence. Because silence never came cheap. “So, Blaine. What do you want?”

Blaine paused, waited. “I want you to take me on.” Slightly confused, I questioned him. “What do you want?”

Blaine took a deep breath. “I want you to take me on. As an assistant. I want you to train me as an assassin.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back