• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Phantom Blot be part of the new Organization XIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swing

Awards
latest

Okay, we all now this is not going to happen. This thread is more like a "what if... question". Nomura (I think) already said in an interview, that he wants to keep the Disney and FF characters out of the main narrative and only wants to focus on his original characters he has created. An even if this is not the case it was (I think) already official announced by Nomura, that all the new members will be "parts" of Xehanort like his Heartless and his Nobody etc.

But still, I think that Phantom Blot would actually fit quit well into the Organization XIII. He is already a hooded figure like them, wears black and is a criminal mastermind that pulls the strings in the back. Plus it would kinda be nice if at least one Disney character, some how, could actually tribute something to the story and be part of the main bad guys.

But like I said, this is just a "what if scenario".

Habimaru

Obviously not as part of the Org, but I'd love it to be a bonus boss somehow

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes.
Phantom Blot is pretty big here in Italy, thanks to our Disney comics, and he has many good things going for him: in some iterations his "cape form" was actually his entire being and made of Darkness (in the Wizards of Mickey saga for example, he totes looks like a KH entity), and his human form is supposed to be Walt Disney himself, so he's also pretty iconic. And at times he's even just a sheer "force" permeating the scenario, like in Epic Mickey or his DarkenBlot form where he's just a big mecha.
As a character, he's supposed to be the "serious" villain, the one who actually get stuff done when Pete's shenanigans aren't enough, and proved to be a challenge for Mickey in many situations (to the point where sometimes struggles endend in draws instead of a clear victory for the good guys)

Phantom Blot as a secret Disney boss unrelated to the main plot would be great and easy to introduce: just put the good ol' "we sense some weird Darkness in this place" thing and that's all it would take.

ImVentus

Awards
Probably not the Organization but as a secret boss for the future I think it would be really awesome.

Swing

Awards
I just want Oswald the Lucky Rabbit as the main villain for KH4, no joke.

That would be quit funny. But Disney is very protective of their properties. I do not think that Oswald, will be a villain. But more of a supporting character like Chip and Dale or Scrooge McDuck.

disney233

Awards
Aside from in KH1, what disney worlds had any benifit to the actual story? Characters for this matter the only disney characters that actually benifit...somehow in the story is...basically Mickey and Maleficent, if not any other...and even then I don't think Maleficent doesn't have a prominent role in the game unlike in KH1. I can't really see Disney or Final Fantasy characters or villains recieving a bigger role than just being secret bosses.

D

Deleted member 246005

latest

Okay, we all now this is not going to happen. This thread is more like a "what if... question". Nomura (I think) already said in an interview, that he wants to keep the Disney and FF characters out of the main narrative and only wants to focus on his original characters he has created. An even if this is not the case it was (I think) already official announced by Nomura, that all the new members will be "parts" of Xehanort like his Heartless and his Nobody etc.

But still, I think that Phantom Blot would actually fit quit well into the Organization XIII. He is already a hooded figure like them, wears black and is a criminal mastermind that pulls the strings in the back. Plus it would kinda be nice if at least one Disney character, some how, could actually tribute something to the story and be part of the main bad guys.

But like I said, this is just a "what if scenario".
That's shortsighted of him because the main appeal is the crossing of Disney with Final Fantasy rather than the original content. People liked it but they are more excited to see Monster Inc than the whole Vanitas cameo.

Phantom Blot would be better off filling Malifiecent's role as chief disney antagonist since she's not doing much since KH2.

meep2meep

Awards
People liked it but they are more excited to see Monster Inc than the whole Vanitas cameo.

I actually watched the oath trailer first so I kinda lost my shit when I saw vanitas. My belief that alot of the hype regarding monsters Inc is that it was leaked and there was much debate over its validity. Also with the images of the unversed, I think subconsciously once monsters Inc was confirmed all those images became "fact not fiction" so by extension of course vanitas would show up. Sora knowing his name kinda peeved me though... I didn't like how they did that stuff with Roxas in 2.

D

Deleted member 246005

I actually watched the oath trailer first so I kinda lost my shit when I saw vanitas. My belief that alot of the hype regarding monsters Inc is that it was leaked and there was much debate over its validity. Also with the images of the unversed, I think subconsciously once monsters Inc was confirmed all those images became "fact not fiction" so by extension of course vanitas would show up. Sora knowing his name kinda peeved me though... I didn't like how they did that stuff with Roxas in 2.
I'm glad you liked the trailer but that's not actually the point of my post.

My point was I don't think the gaming community cares for the story outside this fandom.

To go off your point Sora knowing Vanitas's name is actually Ventus recognizing him similar to kh1/kh2 where Sora had different reactions because of Kairi and Roxas sleeping in his heart respectively.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah KH's appeal to the general masses is 100% the Disney content, otherwise it would be a niche anime game with some fans, but it wouldn't be a big name like it currently is. It has good gameplay and pleasing visuals, but there are better JRPGS in terms of original content ha. Its the crazy fan service crossover potential and just having a Disney RPG that makes it reach out of the smaller group that would probably gravitate to it. I like JRPGS so maybe I would be a fan still, but certainly not to the degree I am now. The Disney content definitely brought me in, for instance. So I agree, its shortsighted, but its nothing new. Thats the way series has been for like a decade unfortunately...

I wish he was willing to take some risks. The Phantom Blot wouldn't be my first choice for a Disney Xehanort tho lol, probably like Maleficent or something tbh...someone he actually manipulated.
I also would love the Blot to be in the game in some way though.

meep2meep

Awards
I'm glad you liked the trailer but that's not actually the point of my post.

My point was I don't think the gaming community cares for the story outside this fandom.

To go off your point Sora knowing Vanitas's name is actually Ventus recognizing him similar to kh1/kh2 where Sora had different reactions because of Kairi and Roxas sleeping in his heart respectively.

Haha well I think most people would agree with that. It's a little late in the game to be deciding if you like the story or not. According to watchMOJO were pretncious.

No, I know why Sora was able to know Vanitas' name. I'm just sick of the series using that as Sora's character. Like ya it progresses the plot but it's almost every game. It even happens in COM. Like I'm glad Sora still has no idea who marluxia is (Sora clearly never read any of the journal entries, doubt the kid can read that well). We're at the point where we know sora's heart has connections with others. Stop beating us over the head with it...

D

Deleted member 246005

Yeah KH's appeal to the general masses is 100% the Disney content, otherwise it would be a niche anime game with some fans, but it wouldn't be a big name like it currently is. It has good gameplay and pleasing visuals, but there are better JRPGS in terms of original content ha. Its the crazy fan service crossover potential and just having a Disney RPG that makes it reach out of the smaller group that would probably gravitate to it. I like JRPGS so maybe I would be a fan still, but certainly not to the degree I am now. The Disney content definitely brought me in, for instance. So I agree, its shortsighted, but its nothing new. Thats the way series has been for like a decade unfortunately...

I wish he was willing to take some risks. The Phantom Blot wouldn't be my first choice for a Disney Xehanort tho lol, probably like Maleficent or something tbh...someone he actually manipulated.
I also would love the Blot to be in the game in some way though.
I'm not against the original elements as the focus, I just like the Disney elements to be more than just a backdrop. The Disneyy and FF should be intertwined with the original lore not seperate.

Haha well I think most people would agree with that. It's a little late in the game to be deciding if you like the story or not. According to watchMOJO were pretncious.

No, I know why Sora was able to know Vanitas' name. I'm just sick of the series using that as Sora's character. Like ya it progresses the plot but it's almost every game. It even happens in COM. Like I'm glad Sora still has no idea who marluxia is (Sora clearly never read any of the journal entries, doubt the kid can read that well). We're at the point where we know sora's heart has connections with others. Stop beating us over the head with it...
I think you guys do oversell how mature and deep it is but I wouldn't call you all pretentious.

oh ok and I agree.

I wouldn't mind if we got Inside out as a world but instead of Riley we're inside Sora and we are following Roxas/Ventus/Xion as Sora's emotions.

Last edited by a moderator:

meep2meep

Awards
I wouldn't mind if we got Inside out as a world but instead of Riley we're inside Sora and we are following Roxas/Ventus/Xion as Sora's emotions.

See that'd be something that Riku could do. (I actually think that a playable sequence like that would be really cool)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not against the original elements as the focus, I just like the Disney elements to be more than just a backdrop. The Disneyy and FF should be intertwined with the original lore not seperate.

I think you guys do oversell how mature and deep it is but I wouldn't call you all pretentious.

oh ok and I agree.

I guess thats mostly what I want too, I don't mind KH having its own identity. I do think sometimes it overestimates how much people are into the original content OVER the Square cameos and Disney elements. So yeah, definitely intertwining it all more with the original lore is ideal.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The first Kingdom Hearts was so successful, for me, because the Disney plots felt integral to the original plot. When they're super separate and all of the main plot is shoved into the final world (KHII), the Disney worlds become a chore and you're forced to endure a badly voice acted imitation of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

D

Deleted member 246005

I wish the phantom blot was the villian for DDD and Epic Mickey was a world :confused:.

Oh well there is always after Kh3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back