• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Shines One Year After: Jiminy's Journal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bizness86

Shines One Year After
ACT 1, Writing a New Chapter

Prologue, Shallow Whispers
Voices plot the fate of worlds. But which voices decide this fate?

Chapter 1, Descent and the Dark
The crismon-haired swordsman is expelled from the black mouth of the sky. The dark assailants follow, but the swordsman seems undaunted....

Chapter 2, Fend Against the Dark Assailant
Guided by his jaded sense of righteousness, will Heaven's Mercenary find a direction in seeking his ultimate self-redemption through an enigmatic guide?

Chapter 3, To Traverse Dreams
The worlds celebrate the dawning of a new era! With the development of the Travel System, everything becomes all the more easier. This is truly what dreams are made of!Leaving your troubles behind and starting anew are now simple tasks, but what cons does this developing giant bring?

Chapter 4, Embarking with Wings of Silver
Leaving your troubles behind and starting anew are now simple tasks, but what cons does this developing giant bring, and who are the people handling their problems these days?

Chapter 5, "What's Your Hurry Young Lady?" Lost in Digression
Sebrea is on a mission; investigation is its name. Now, if she can work double shift at the Goods Shop and manage to keep Pinnochio out of trouble at Geppetto's Java, then maybe she could squeeze in, say, five minutes to investigate.

Chapter 6, "What's Your Hurry Young Lady?" The Geeky Rebel
Gabrianna can definitely take care of herself. Traverse Town is only a mere stepping stone on the path of the Gabs. Come see why she is the self-proclaimed "Geeky Rebel".

Chapter 7, Seek Refuge or End the Seek
J and a kindred spirit share their revelations on the world and its darkness, as well as the apathy of the people. How long should refugees be refugees?

Chapter 8, Welcome to O'aka's
Traverse Town is terrorized by a troublesome merchant. What's new? This merchant is like all of the other merchants times five! Perhaps J can work some Coffee Magic and handle the fool peddler...

Chapter 9, 'Following Your Heart' Type Deal
O'aka seems to be a lost cause, but J intends to get to the 'heart' of the matter.

Chapter 10, The Waning Twinkle in the Sky
A new character surfaces from the world of Darkness. Join him as he delves a little into the nature of the Heartless and the Will of Darkness.

Chapter 11, The Merriment of Reunions
O'aka XXIII has just shown some actual worth! Now, for some reason, Java has to make sure that O'aka capitalizes on his newly-discovered gift. To help in this, Java seeks the advice of some old Traverse Town friends.

Chapter 12, Pioneers of a Brave New World
Java and O'aka XXIII meet some prestigious acquaintances in Grand Ambassador Scrooge and company. Java also gives his all to keep O'aka from making a fool of himself.

Chapter 13, Tendency to Ruffle Feathers
O'aka does have a tendency to ruffle feathers...And Scrooge's nephew doesn't like it! J is caught in the midst...again.

Chapter 14, "One Good Deed Deserves Another!"
Is Java finally going to receive the reward he deserves for sticking by that fool merchant for as long as he has?

Chapter 15, Girl Bound by Rare Orichalcum Shackles
Sebrea's one step closer to finding out what she needs to know about that shard she's carrying around...What is the mystery behind a hunk of metal anyways?

Chapter 16, Devoted Arms
Java's finally getting coffee, but what's all the ruckus outside? We meet up yet two more faces who have devoted themselves to the transition of the travel system. Wait a minute...is that Leon?

Chapter 17, Small World
Java and Leon reminisce of Traverse Town and its standing faults, and Leon's unlikely companion finally gets to speak.

Chapter 18, "I Enjoy It Pitch-Black—Like My Soul…”
Guess how Zidane likes his thieves...Guess how Leon likes his constables...Guess how Java likes his coffee...All tough guesses, I assure you.

Chapter 19, Clashing Repenting Sinners
Nighthood and Hyuda are acquianted...Can this be good?

Chapter 20, Somber Moths Compelled by the Righteous Fire
The closer the light is, the greater the shadow becomes...It seems as if Heaven's Mercenary and the Heartless Lord have acquired a common interest in a weapon that supposely purges the world of Darkness.

ACT 1.1, Beforehands

Chapter 21, Answer Keys to the Helplessness Test

Chapter 22, In Between Charters

Chapter 23, Prospects and Charter Stops

ACT 1.2, Afterwards

Chapter --,

ACT 1.3, Zany, Hardy, Mad Tea Party!

Chapter --,

ACT 2, Potential Made Real; Journey Under Way

Chapter 1, Magnificent and Malevolent

------------------------​

This is Jiminy's Journal and the Navigation Home for Shines One Year After, the Kingdom Hearts, Disney, Final Fantasy fan fic in progress.

If you are interested in helping with editing, or attain a general interest in Shines One Year After in general, you may contact me by PM, or email.
Everyone needs a helping hand. And we can all pitch in and work the bugs out together. Let’s truly make leaving are hardships and reachin’ out to the stars something real, and not something costly.
- Scrooge McDuck, Shines One Year After​
------------------------
Amb. Jiminy's Journal

Protagonist
Dossier 1...
Dossier 2...
Bestiary...
Story Timeline...​

Last edited:

Wynn

Ok I've read the profiles and I must say they are quite... complicated though I've only read three of them: Nighthood, Java, and Gabrianna.

The Nighthood character really caught my attention because you have stated the fact that you cannot RP as him anymore... Might I ask why?

As for the actual fic... I'm a quarter away from the beginning =p

bizness86

define complicated.

@Nighthood: I never said that I can't roleplay with Nighthood anymore. I probably said something more along the lines of "I probably won't roleplay period." And that's because I'm more-or-less retired from roleplays and dungeon-mastering.

What else interested you about the characters and their profile information. Were you able to read through with no trouble? I've just edited some, taking out somethings and entering Chapter 11 input.

BUMP: Update. Chapter 11 has been recorded into Jiminy's Journal

bizness86

Java 'J' Black
[size=-2]race: Human
alias: Zombie Fiend

A restless young man with a less-than-sunny disposition. His home was taken by darkness along with a reason to restore it. What could explain J's strongly sarcastic, yet awkwardly optimistic nature?
Java's uncanny pine for coffee often places him on the receiving end of repetitive satire. Results of his caffeine fetish includes lack of sleep, paled skin, and bloodshot eyes. He was dubbed the Zombie Fiend by friends.
Voice Actor: Vic Mignogna
Role: Protagonist
Character: Round Character, Dynamic Character
First Appearance: Act 1, Chapter 3, To Traverse Dreams
Description:
6' 3 (1.905 meters). His youth and vitality, or lack there of, clash within his appearance. Posture usually holds to standard, but often switches into a slight slouch of the shoulders in attempts to relax. In proportion to his height, Java bears a good medium build. Normally shrouded within the hood of his overcoat, his coarse, med-length hair messily escapes his scalp with colors of ivory and dull white, and tips off and highlights with a natural ink-black color. Long front bangs droop over his forehead and eyes. Brows only contain the off-white tinge. Prone to restlessness, his skin, or specifically his face, bears a pale-colored weariness. Any type of facial expression, even the lack of, may often be perceived as either morbid or demented. Java’s large brown eyes are accompanied by horrid bags underneath the eyes, dauntingly resting on and consuming his cheekbone area. In contrast to the unruliness of his face, a sleek ivory overcoat with hood dresses his medium build well and reaches to the crest of Java’s calf. The usually zipped and buttoned overcoat conceals a long-sleeve black shirt underneath. Occasionally, Java may wear the right sleeve of his cloak rolled upward and reveal the black shirt sleeve. Hidden within the depths of the cloak, black jeans compose his lower dress, followed by white, worn sneakers that are often poorly laced.

Amb. Jiminy's Journal:
Java embarked into the ever-stretching lot of Traverse Town, much to the chagrin of two parking-bound Kingdom pilots. He exchanged a few choice words to the disgruntled men, thus displaying his dominance of the parking lot.
Departing from his odd, egg-ship Cuppa Joe, Java endured his long trek to Traverse Town's World Gate. Upon reaching the entry, Java encountered a familiar face. The young man was Mercuito, a childhood friend of Java who shared many things in common with the seemingly one-of-a-kind persona of Java.
Both exchanged words about the sleepy town which they were forced to called home, revealing that each had their own encounters with the Heartless; the encounters had proving ill to each's world. Each had their own opinions about the revolutionary Inter-Worldly Travel System, and each had varying ways which weighed its conveniences against its flaws, but in the end both ultimately respected the true goal of the Inter-Worldly Travel System, to inform and unite people against the common foe: Darkness.
Java watched Mercuito depart with the Charter, and lazily enters the World Gates of Traverse Town.
Java was instantly and spontaneously greeted by a rather...interesting fellow, a pedestrian of lunacy whom Java immediately recognized as a saleman, the likes of whom Java despised most. Java departed only to be assertively persisted by the desperate merchant. The pillager expressed his need to sell his swag, and Java succumbed to the sheer peskiness of the merchant and the clemency that he developed from the pathetic plights of his determined acquaintance.
At first, the encounter with the pillager, who formally introduced himself as O'aka XXIII, was somewhat eccentrical and seemingly trivial. Java quickly spotted that merely pitying O'aka's poor efforts wouldn't be enough to solve the problem that O'aka has been causing around town, or particularly, it wouldn't be enough to keep O'aka away from him in the near future. Java and O'aka contemplated a "second and less degrading" forte for the merchant, and, after an ample amount of annoyance, O'aka revealed an impressive talent in, who'd have guessed it: designing Gummi Ships.
In the hopes of capitalizing on O'aka's talents, Java sought the aid of some old acquaintances of his: none other than the Goods Shop crew themselves; a brash Bantuk, a snoring Scotty, and a resilient Rose. Java greeted them with his usual 'charm' and received a hard smack in return from Rose. This would be Java's first contact with Rose in two years; no visits, no phone calls.
In fact, it turns out that Java, Rose, and Mercuito used to be a solid trio in Traverse Town before Java left some two years ago. Back then, Java, Mercuito, and Mercuito's uncle, Wervin, met a pilot of a wayward Invincible and witnessed their first actual Gummi Ship. For some reason, Java decided that he would feel less helpless leaving with the Gummi Ship pilot.
After indulging in the merriment of reunion, he was pointed towards the rented house beside the Item Workshop believing that Grand Ambassador Scrooge may have an answer. O'aka must have believed so; he rocketed out of the Goods Shop the moment he heard the name 'Scrooge'.
Upon reaching the rented house, Java and O'aka were greeted by the home's landlord Geppetto and his son Pinnochio, who both have an interesting story themselves I might add. J and O'aka XXIII were acquianted with Scrooge and led into the foyer, in which, I'm almost embarrassed to write, the two did not catch me at the best time; you see, our company had walked in just as I (a then-flusteredJiminy Cricket, at your service) was giving a heavy lecturing to Scrooge's wayward nephew, Donald. Sometimes, it seems like that duck is really trying to ruffle my feathers...so to speak.
Anyway, after we all introduced ourselves, and after a small assortment of catastrophes that let to O'aka's 'time-out', Java managed to relay the very reason for his visit.
Geppetto's confirmation finalized it: O'aka XXIII had a real talent in design. Java called O'aka back in, and Scrooge and Geppetto wasted no time in offering him a job at Wishing Star©.
Ecstatically uplifted, but remorsefully deterred, O'aka declined, stating that the O'aka Famliy Business is the only business he could see himself in...until that is, wily Scrooge gave him an offer he could not refuse: O'aka works with Wishing Star while Scrooge jumpstarts O'aka's merchandising.
All's well for everyone it seems, and even Java received some good news. As luck would have it, he would be getting his coffee after all.

Personality Strengths/Flaws:
Java can be a very relaxed individual; almost forcefully relaxed. He can also be very weird at times, and sometimes, even scary. Occasionally, he can become quite the jerk, but will mostly speak his mind about any subject. Java is a wildcard. His leisure personality is one that often enjoys itself at the expense of others, whether the expense is composed of a cheap inside joke, a satirist’s wise crack, or utter belittlement. This personality is well-controlled surprisingly, therefore can be very essential in varying situations, whether cheering up an ally or annoying an enemy. However, there are instances in which Java can often become annoyed very quickly. The result of these instances may create an easily irritable Java who can ultimately be perceived as either reclusive, whiny, or nit-picky at times. Java also finds enjoyment from playing his roles in the occasional mystery/problem-solver type scenarios, but if presented with numerous complex problems at all once, Java may find himself over-thinking situations and will ultimately become easily discouraged. Overall, Java’s mellow indifference towards the temporal things in life causes fewer flaws than strengths. Java is considered a adaptive leader, but will ease into a natural observer or follower in the presence of the presence of a capable leader.

Depth Background:
(...). When Java awakened, he had found himself in an alleyway, orbited by worry-faced strangers within a bizarre land of starlit nightfall. He was warmly greeted by the civilians and learned of his whereabouts: Traverse Town. Bewildered as to what type of strange place he end up being, he asked to be shown around Traverse Town. Though most people were hesitant to reply, one family accepted Java’s query: a tall man named Wervin and a young lad whom introduced himself to Java as Mercuito. Java reluctantly introduced himself as ‘J’ and followed the two around the cozy town.
As Java, Wervin and Mercuito trekked and conversed leisurely around the alleys and districts of Traverse Town, Java learned that Wervin and Mercuito were uncle and nephew, and that their arrival in Traverse Town had preceded his by a few days. Beforehand, the two had sold goods of first aid and had practiced techniques of healing. When the Heartless arrived at their home, everyone fought to prevent its destruction without avail. Mercuito and Wervin had also arrived through the ‘Dark Corridor’ when Mercuito’s mother was taken by the darkness. The family shared their information with Java; there was in fact numerous worlds parallel to each of theirs, and that the beings responsible for the downfall of their worlds were called Heartless. Heartless seemed to change other people into Heartless as well. (...).
In the two years that followed, Java grew close to Wervin, and Mercuito especially, along with a few others who took residence in Traverse Town. (...).
Java concerns ultimately led him away from Traverse Town. When a star-crossed pilot of an Invincible arrived in Traverse Town. Java discussed his leave with Wervin and Mercuito, and together they set up Java’s departure through labor for the Invincible pilot who regularly carried various inventory around different worlds.
For the most, Java has since moved around various worlds and rest stops in order to make a conventional living while working the occasional odd job: As a part-time Heartless exterminator, which was unsuccessful due to the lack of need for the service, (...).
The list of Java’s small-time jobs goes onward and he, most recently, takes a break at Rock Point in search of a good cup of coffee. Java still doesn’t sleep.

Fun Fan:
What seems to be a likely 'Java' catch phrase(s)?
‘Damn it I need coffee ’
‘Two grown men, lemme guess, fighting over something. Well, am I right? Is it my fault?’
‘Don’t f*ck with me; I’ll more than likely remember it next time I see you, and I’ll hunt you down . . . and I don’t sleep. Amen?’

Any soundtracks whatsoever that can personify any events. personalities, etc. of Java
carvinal, Fooly Cooly Soundtrack
Simmer Down: A general theme for Java
Minority Report Instrumental, Kingdom Come, Jay-Z
The Confinements of Refuge: A theme associated with Java and his friends that regret their helplessness during the destruction of their homes, namely Mercuito, and also act against being helpless as a refugee
World Without Words, Samurai Champloo Original Soundtrack
Personality Blossom: Themes Java’s progression throughout the storyline as his character is tried and his judgment develops for the best

Java "J" Black was derived from Spriters Hangout's Java(Script) and his roleplaying character Java.

Derived: Near Identical with slight differences

Author's Note:
Java(Script)'s character was the easiest to develop and incorporate into a story. He's what I like to call to a blank slate as far as plot development goes. He could end up in just about any situation, and make events become relatively interesting. His character was not nearly as involved in his background story, and therefore has no, or very general, past conflicts that can conflict with any main story that develops around him. Because of this, he is probably the best choice to be the most focal character in the main plot, along with the others that maintain a strong relationship with him. It was cool that he replied to my past thread, and gave his consent on how I had utilized the personification of his character.[/SIZE]​

Gabrianna "The Gabs" Kalm

[size=-2]race: Human
alias: The Gabs, Geeky Rebel

The self-proclaimed Geeky Rebel.
Gabrianna has the notorious habits of intentionally disrespecting authority, mooching off of others for food, and supporting the underdog in any situation. An immature short-fuse mixed with a teaspoon of moodiness builds the crust of 'the Gabs'. She is often a shrewd skeptic that pledges loyalty to those who she grows to admire.
Voice Actor: Cree Summer
Role: Protagonist, Character Foil
First Appearance: Act 1, Chapter 4, Embarking with Wings of Silver​
Description:
5' 0 (roughly 1.55 meters). The young woman jades short stature with a nonchalant deposition. A slim frame with a semi-slouching posture complements her lacking height. Coarse, woolen, snow-blue locks and bangs of hair run downward; many females of her native arctic country beared hair of a light, snowy-color. Her hair is often worn in a frizzed ponytail or out and free, and reaches pass shoulder-length. Her skin is creamily toned with lightened apricot color. Her round face is usually scrunched into a soft scowl, and casually exhibits exaggerated expressions of smugness, sarcasm, or content. Gabrianna’s narrow eyes bear full, bright, icy-blue pupils. Below a round face and a short neck, her build holds a white, lax-fitting tank top that exposed slender, and well-toned arms. Across her waist, a large cerulean letter jacket often yields underneath or over the tank top, tied about by the sleeves, and is often worn in colder areas. Semi-baggy slacks of a dark khaki-color snugly hugged her waist, and black sneakers, grungy by wear, round off her appearance. She often carries a long pole weapon with her.

Amb. Jiminy's Journal:
Gabrianna subtly departed the Charter for the sturdy walls of Traverse Town, and conveniently so, as a rather portly man ranted over his pilfered wallet. A jealous young bus urchin revealed none other than Gabrianna as the wallet thief. Much to the dismay of the victim, Gabrianna spoke her mind to young Benedict Arnold, and scurried into Traverse Town's gates before anyone could do anything about it, not that anyone wanted to do anything about it however. Shame really.
In town, Gabrianna connived an assortment of pilfers and pick-pocketings. During one particular 'bump-and-pilfer' Gabrianna managed a decent amount of munny out of a fair young woman whom Gabrianna claimed 'dressed like a fairy child.'
Gabrianna's next destination was the Goods Shop at which she could fulfill her chief purpose in Traverse Town: to purchase her order from the goods shop. After an uncomfortable chiding with the chief store clerk Bantuk, and an equally chilling near-encounter with yours truly, Gabrianna was presented with a lengthy mythril-headed halberd via stockboy Scotty. With stolen munny, the fiery Gabs purchased the Mythril Spear with an innocent grin and exited the humble shop with a strong hop and a light skip. Talk about scary...

As harmless as she may seem, Gabrianna has adapted into an extreme skeptic when trusting others. She favors the flawed and realistic qualities in people, and dislikes people that are “forcibly enigmatic.” She likes to be able to read a personality without suspecting a person of being phony with her. She also likes to encourage those who struggle, as they relate to her situation and she see people who struggle to live as people who haven’t given up on a dream and that are trying to succeed in a shit-filled bowl of cereal called life.
Gabrianna, if not a troublemaker, is somewhat of a trouble-seeker. Gabrianna is very opinionated, especially when her opinion is not necessarily asked for, which often leads to routine conflict with others. She also sasses anyone who attempted to intimidate her with a title, or boss her around. She hates to be ignored, and will cause enough drama necessary to get the attention she seeks. Gabrianna is very moody, and she dares anyone to address her about it. Her mood constantly fluctuates in simple conversation, though she is often more content with people that she can trust, and less so with people she deems “losers.” It is easy to become annoyed by this mood swings, but it is best not to take Gabrianna too lightly. Gabrianna often carries a soft scowl and a tough-gal reputation in public, but enjoys being a “spaz” every now and then, thus she has dubbed herself the “Geeky Rebel.” Among other goofy acts and spastic moments, she often refers to herself in the third person, i.e The Gabs and the Geeky Rebel.
Gabrianna is a free spirit. In most situations, Gabrianna is pretty much “along for the ride,” not asking to much about a situation, but wanting to just enough about a situation to accept it in stride. She finds those who prey on the weak detestable and dislikes snobbish people. She is very protective of allies and her loyalty to her friends is adamant. Gabrianna is considered a loyal ally to those she trust, and skeptical of anyone else. She is also an adaptive loner.

Fun Fan:
What seems to be a likely 'Gabrianna’ catch phrase(s)?
‘That’s because they weren’t ready for the Geeky Rebel! Ain’t that right, chief?’
‘Do you value your eyes, ass clown?! Then I suggest you take them off of me, you hear? There will be no googling of the Gabs.’
‘Y’know, just supporting the underdog, ay chief?’

Any soundtracks whatsoever that can personify any events. personalities, etc. of Gabrianna
carvinal, Fooly Cooly Soundtrack
Simmer Down: A mischievous theme for Gabrianna, and a general theme for Java
ride on shooting star, Fooly Cooly Soundtrack
Rebelling So Well: A general theme for Gabrianna
Fight On OC Remix, CarboHydroM, www.ocremix.org
The Sounds of the Gabs: The action/battle theme for Gabrianna

Gabrianna was derived from Spriters Hangout's Lorwen_ShinRa and her roleplaying character Lorwen Shinra.

Derived: Closely, but with noticable differences.

Author's Note:
I needed someone to be a successful foil for Java and other characters. I figured that using the Gabs' mood swings would best help character development, as she can spontaneously conflict with Java and other characters at any times and I give frequent comic relief. Overall, she is a serious character that often brings a lightness to the heavy storyline, and can often bring things 'out-of-content' and can lead the story off subject.[/SIZE]​

Hyuda Kyaedu

[size=-2]birthname: 203th Family, Hyuda Kyaedu
race: Angelo
alias: Fallen Angelo, Heaven's Mercenary

A grim swordsman, fallen from an alleged grace.
203th Family, Hyuda Kyaedu resolves to become an obstructor of darkness by accepting and utilizing his own stoical nature to stalk those who prey on the world's innocence. As Heaven's Mercenary, Hyuda beats upon malefactors with a sword with no edge. He aspires for ultimate self-redemption, harvesting the sins of the world and then seeking to carry them to the Abyss.
Voice Actor: Matthew Kaminsky
First Appearance: Act 1, Chapter 1, Descent and the Dark
Description:
6' 3" (1.905 meters). Hyuda stands at a fine height, above average. His physique proves lanky, but his stance complements his small-medium build. He carries the appearance of a young man whom has thoroughly aged into maturity. His skin is olive-hued. Short, burning-red hair crests with velvet texture.
His plain long face bears no definition; his brows show no signs of irritation or perplexion, and his eyes, absent of pupils, seem hollowed with white. The man’s long, vividly indigo coat possesses excessively wide sleeve bottoms, and the worn iron scabbard he flaunts contains, by length, a blunt-edged o-katana. His lower body yields common black slacks and black, hard-soled, ankle-top shoes.

Amb. Jiminy's Journal:
The Angelo Hyuda fell from the airborne Corridor of Darkness and plummeted into the ground beneath. He embarked Traverse Town's Third District bruised and beaten, and he was accompanied by the heart-snatching assailants recently dubbed as Heartless.
Abandoned by bystanders, Hyuda was actually able to counter swiftly, but found himself overwhelmed when a second drove emerged from the unforgiving Dark Corridors. The seemingly invincible leech-like larvae Heartless, led by a gargantuan parent leech whom wore a red, barbed heart-shaped emblem, relentlessly picked at a beaten Hyuda while flaunting a violent, overwhelming red aura.
In the bleakest moment, hope entered the scene. Hyuda spotted with blurry vision a figure wielding a sledgehammer. The figure easily dispatched the entire fleet of overpowered larvae before Hyuda passed out.
The Angelo awoke bedridden in a creeky candle-lit shack, or namely, the smallest house in the third district. He was introduced to his savior, a sturdy women with a modest presence whom was simply called Blacksmith, and a mysterious character shrouded in black attire whom was mainly referred to as the Munny Collector.
Shockingly, the Munny Collector was able to reveal the events that led Hyuda to Traverse Town. Traversing the corridors, Hyuda chased down a mysterious assailant within the roaring torrent of darkness. Hyuda sensed a potential malevolence in the figure, and intended to put an end to him. In fact, Hyuda's top priority was to rid the universe of the sins of the world's malevolent beings, and he included himself in this list of fiends. He used the same tainted judgement of the universe's malefactors against them in order to attain a self-implored justice. Malefactors preyed on the weak to become stronger, and he would prey on the malefactors. He was a Fallen Angelo, and it was this fact that made him turn his back on redemption.
Hyuda confronted the figure, a burly man engrossed in a brown clerical robe whom sought to acquired Traverse Town for some reason, and was ultimately discarded to third district concrete. The Munny Collector identified the brown robed assailant as Avonej Hart, a brilliant madman whom discovered a way to absorb to life energies of worlds to achieve longetivy. He elucidated Traverse Town as his recent target.
The Munny Collector questioned Hyuda's ability to defeat the fiends of the world such as Avonej and the Heartless, and mentioned the Keyblade as the alternative to defeating said foes. As Hyuda queried the location of a 'Key Blader' however, the Munny Collector only jeered that Hyuda's wouldn't have to look far, and stated that he sensed "a change in the winds."

Despite falling from grace, Hyuda carries a strong sense of pride in his inherited capabilities. When he speaks, many harsh truths often escape his staccato-esque speech. It is these communication skills and his faith in the abilities of others that may or may not make him a strong presence within a group. His ridicule is often of a satirist’s manner, though there is often an uplifting comment to a disheartened friend; however at times, the pleasure of his conversation may also be insensitive and dispiriting. In the moment of his cruel speak; he may also develop signs of a superiority complex among sentient characters. With this slight belief of superiority comes a sense to have to deliver everything around him from danger. He finds numerous allies a hindrance, which spawns tinges of hubris within his development. Thus, Hyuda is considered a natural loner.

Hyuda was derived from Spriters Hangout's sonickenshin and his roleplaying character Xyrsk.

Derived: Loosely.[/SIZE]​

Sebrea
[size=-2]age: 19
race: Human
A soul too bright for vengeance, she traverses to find her resolve...though it seems as if she can never quite get on-track.
Voice Actor: Laura Bailey
First Appearance: Act 1, Chapter 5, "What's Your Hurry Young Lady?" Lost in Digression
Description:
5' 9 (roughly 1.76 meters). Sebrea weighs the appearance of a beautiful and fair young woman. She stands fairly tall with an excellent posture and a healthy build. An olive and brunette tinge of hair tops her head and brow and flows nearly down to the small of her back. Skin tone flushes with a light and fresh tanned tinge. Her face is centered by large eyes with deep and blue irises, and, left of her face, a long bang flows breezily. Folding her hair behind her right ear was a red flower. Her neck is decorated with a pink choker and a silver heart-shaped charm attached to a silver chain. Her body is snugly hugged by a white-colored sleeveless dress that reach just above mid thigh. A gold bracelet bearing a diamond shape emblazons her right arm and leather, forest green gloves cover her left hand. Sebrea often carries a mahogany bow and brown leathered quiver with arrows slung across her back, and a forest green tote bag either in her hands, around her waist, or slung behind her. After bear legs, Sebrea sports agility-enhancing tan boots that stop above mid-leg.

Amb. Jiminy's Journal:
Sebrea came to Traverse Town bearing a simple question. Unfortunately at the time, no one was present to answer the question. So, she ended up finding a way to keep herself occupied while waiting for someone that could answer her question. Somewhere along the way, she felt as if she was lost in digression...
Sebrea was making her escape from her busy workplace, the Goods Shop, with heavy green bag in hand. She was undoubtedly prepared to enjoy the end of a hard day's work and the freedom that the morrow would bring when she bumped into Grand Ambassador Scrooge and yours truly. We all exchanged pleasantries and went our seperate ways for the time being, but Scrooge and I pondered the contents of Sebrea's mind. She's so polite and well-mannered, but still, she seems distant at times. I wonder where her mind drifts off to...
Sebrea departed from us and headed towards the site of her second workplace, Geppetto's Java. Luckily, the old coffee shop was closed for the day, or else Sebrea would have been too plain pooped to work. Under the café's chipping veranda, Sebrea collided with a young lady with snow-blue hair. Both women met the ground soundly and Sebrea's belongings scattered from her bag, adorning the earth with an abundance of color.
The two women gathered Sebrea's items, but when Sebrea tried to make amends for her follies, she only received nonchalant chides in return from the zealous young jezebel. Sebrea could only disregard everything that happened and enjoy the solace of the candle-lit atmosphere underneath the the veranda. She let everything go and allow herself to fall into a peaceful sleep. Sweet dreams.
Later that night, Sebrea was woken from her peaceful slumber by the shopkeeper at the Accessory Shop, Gary, in reference to an earlier visit. It would seem that Sebrea had wanted to meet with the Item Workshop's mogul Moogle about a rather odd shard she had in her possession, but since he would be on vacation for another week at least, Gary had decided to look at the shard for her.
Gary had deducted that Sebrea's shard was made from some rare orichalcum, and when Sebrea asked where she could find more information on orichalcum, Gary mentioned two places in nearby known for mining a decent amount of the mineral: Radiant Garden and the Kingdom of Shining Castle. Gary also mentioned Twilight Town as a convenient place to make an honest buck.
Speaking of munny...Oh dear...Sebrea looked into her forest green bag to find her munny gone! Sebrea really must have felt like she had wasted all of her time just to have her munny stolen. She say her adieus to everyone and took the next Charter to the Kingdom of Shining Castle as soon as she could. Good luck, Sebrea...
Overall, Sebrea attains a pure and unwavering determination. Sebrea, though very gentle in nature, she is outspoken and will not roll over to detrimental strangers, or antagonists. Sebrea is very respectful of others, and will occasionally put any customs of her friends or acquaintances over her own. Sebrea’s friendliness is awing, and she can often be quick to forgiveness when small scuffles are concerned.
One principle Sebrea holds in high regard is her security with those she places herself around. Sebrea feels most wonderful around people that can show they care about her, and can often be formal and distant with people otherwise. Sebrea personality is a simplicity plate of smiles in the face of circumstance. Sebrea is considered a loyal ally to any friend or acquaintance, and natural follower of those she feels most comfortable around.

Fun Fan:
What seems to be a likely 'Sebrea’ catch phrase(s)?
‘I’m so sorry. Excuse me.’
‘Haha. You’re weird.’
‘You were great.’
‘So strong...I wish I could be that strong.’

Any soundtracks whatsoever that can personify any events. personalities, etc. of Sebrea
Final Fantasy 10 Journey’s End OC Remix, GrayLightning, Pixeltricks, Sephfire, www.ocremix.org
Like a Vain Ire: A theme that expresses Sebrea’s storyline progression towards her ill-devised vengeance, and her relationships with the others whom she travels with
Eternity-Memories of Lightwaves: Band Performance, Final Fantasy X-2 Original Soundtrack
My Island, Garage Island: A general theme for Sebrea and also Garage Island
Anxious Heart, Final Fantasy VII Original Soundtrack
The Distant and Broken Link: A theme that expresses Sebrea’s self-perceptions of naiveness and helplessness in comparison to her friends
YOU, Samurai Champloo Original Soundtrack
Open to You: Themes Sebrea’s progression into maturity. Also themes the overall progressions of Sebrea’s relationships with Nighthood and Akhand

Sebrea was derived from Spriters Hangout's yuri and roleplaying character Yuri.

Derived: Near Identical

Author's Note:
Sebrea is one of the most relaxing character to write to me. My character (Nighthood) did his most his roleplaying with Yuri's character (Yuri); Nighthood rarely made appearances with other characters aside from Yuri. Yuri didn't roleplay with an action-oriented character; her character wasn't the usual 'anime rip-off trying to be the closest to GOD'.
I wanted Sebrea to bring 'Yuri' to the story. Sebrea does not have the strong fighting presence, or scrappy spirit of other focal characters. I wanted her character to bring a very real presence to the party occasionally that did not involve fighting or using cliche' acts. Though she isn't always accompanying the focal trio of Java, Gabrianna, and Hyuda (or the Three Amigos as I remember them calling themselves back then), Sebrea contributes a surplus of content to the story; these characters actually have conversations that complement the story. This saves the story from being a big mundane fight, or a cliche' task of endless army of Heartless which roleplayers have to fight.[/SIZE]​

Nighthood
[size=-2]age: n/a
race: Pure-Blood Heartless
alias: Arekhander, Number IV of the Rising Fall Seven
A rare pure blood heartless birthed from an ancient soldier. Soon after birth in a realm of darkness he felt into a mysterious comatose for countless years. He retains free will as well as his consciousness of his past existence. Present-day, Nighthood wanders the corridors of darkness into a new-world odyssey.
Voice Actor: Kevin Conroy
Character: Round Character
First Appearance: Act 1, Chapter 10, The Waning Twinkle in the Sky
Description:
6' 7" (roughly 2.01 meters). Nighthood’s body is a silhouette; shrouded by silky, fluid darkness. Tendrils extend from his head like thick jostled strands of hair. His bright yellow eyeballs are thinly outlined by the lightest tinge of gray. His body protrudes from his neck and spreads downward like a black curtain until it touches the ground. His arms hide inconspicuously within his dark body. Even more inconspicuous, his weaponry is contained within the space within his dark body. Though there is no evident of legs underneath the dark cape that covers him completely, his movements mimic the action of walking.

Amb. Jiminy's Journal:
Arekhander woke up in complete darkness, only he could sense that he wasn't quite 'Arekhander' anymore.
A quiet voice addressed Arekhander by the name Nighthood, and strangely enough, Arekhander felt lucidly familair with the name. The docile voice called to him in cryptically short sentences, "Open a path. Take your time; I'll follow you, Nighthood." However, the voice was not a physical one, but more of a telepathic voice.
Nighthood did just that and opened up a Corridor of Darkness. However, he somehow came to the conclusion that he was as pitch-black as the place he was in, however weird that may sound. He could control it too, his resting place. So, Nighthood declined the shrouded guide in a icy voice that he himeself was unfamilair with, "No thanks, I don't think I'll be needing it." He allowed his body to flicker and flare with darkness and then melted into the atmosphere, disappearing without a trace.
Nighthood disembarked in another setting all together. He emerged from a pool of vaporous darkness, and took notice to his new surroundings. The world was impended by an enternal mauve sunset, and the surface was a sleek and milky and cold, fogged glass. Pale white stalagmites jutted from the surface, and off into the distance, a gigantic unstable mass suspensed itself in the atmosphere, sucking away at anything in its wake.
Nighthood was eventually greeted by the source of the quiet voice: a Shadow Heartless. Their admiration of the horizon led to conversation which the Shadow briefed Nighthood's on the nature of Darkness and the Heartless, and answered any queries that Nighthood may have conceived.
Their conversation became more vivid as time passed. Among other things Shadow confirmed the world en route as the End of the World, and explained the nature of the hearts of the worlds and the worlds which lose their hearts. The Heartless confirmed that Nighthood had been asleep for eons. To the dismay of Nighthood, the tiny heartless also identified the stalwart sentinel as a Heartless savior.
Nighthood noticed the change of pace in conversation but it seemed that, as time passed, the Shadow gained an actual personality as opposed to its previous quiet and monotonous nature. This became most apparent to Nighthood when the Shadow reminisced of recent ventures to a world called Traverse Town.
Putting all of the pieces together, Nighthood addressed a number of issues: there were as many as an infinite number of worlds that all laid on a spectrum of Light and Darkness, and seemingly the Darkness sought the hearts of these worlds to spread. Most Heartless have little to no memory of previous lifes. The Darkness also worked through the Heartless, using their different ranks as its surrogate body.
Nighthood decided that he would have to travel the world in order to 'fill in the blanks,' and suggested that their first destination en route would be Traverse Town. The two exchanged names they felt most familair with. The Shadow requested that Nighthood call her Samantha, or Sam occasionally. Nighthood revealed his name Arekhander, and his previous home in Radiant Garden. Afterwards, they departed in the same manner as Nighthood entered; they melted into the air and vanished.

Depth Background:
Nighthood’s birth resulted of a human heart, deep within the Realm of Darkness. (...).
Arekhander wafted helplessly within the dark realm; his body had been claimed by fatigue and exhaustion, and he became overwhelmed in fits of emotion. His own darkness saturated his psyche, and in methods that could only be explained as an anomaly, Arekhander tossed his physical body into the darkness of the realm. A torrent of dark haze replaced what substance Arekhander had left. (...).
The sight that the haze revealed was awing. Nighthood was born of Arekhander’s pure emotion. (...).
Nighthood slowly drifted within the darkness and faded into comatose. Ages passed.

Fun Fan:
What seems to be a likely 'Nighthood’ catch phrase(s)?
‘I don't have time for this...’
‘I won't be needing that, thanks.’

Any soundtracks whatsoever that can personify any events. personalities, etc. of Nighthood
GM-03 (Statue of Time), Devil May Cry Original Soundtrack
Proof of His Herald: A general theme for Nighthood. Tributes his final actions before Heartless 'birth' which resulted in his present being.
Lulu’s Theme, Final Fantasy X Original Soundtrack
Staccato to the Deceived: soon
817 Castle Oblivion, Kingdom Hearts Complete Original Soundtrack
Marvel the Mysteries of the Dark Knight: soon

Nighthood was derived from Spriters Hangout's bizoitz86 (your current bizness86) and his roleplaying character Nighthood.

Derived: Identical

Author's Note:
At first, Nighthood was a very general character. I gave my first go at "paper-pen roleplay" at a website. At the time, I thought it was a strict Kingdom Hearts RP as almost every sheet I saw had some content dealing with "Twilight," "Black Cloak," "One Black Wing, one white wing," and "Dual-Wielder" ( :huh: woohoo...). So, for my sheet, I reluctantly created the Heartless, Nighthood, no one else was extremely original at the time, so I just wanted to have a character with a different perspective. I gave him an elaborate past, and Nighthood became Alexander of the Rising Falls Seven. His name, as well as his past was then influenced by the infamous Final Fantasy ,and notably the infamous summon, Alexander. I eventually took the liberty to view Nighthood and his past as a character and a background story rather than an allusion and various references.
Alexander became Arekhander, and Arekhander naturally became Nighthood. My only regret about making Nighthood was not being able to roleplay with him more. Shines One Year After will be the first story which exhibits the development of this character.[/SIZE]​

Last edited:

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker
O_O *Marveled at how much thought has gone into this* - Dude! I'll be honest, I read chapter one like ya asked me too, but I don't have much time for anything else - however this looks like a fic not to be missed, so I am bookmarking ya until I can finish this......It'll be a while, but I'll definately make a notes of this story. This is awesome dude - you even put music for us to listen to! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back