• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shimomura Interviewed in Nintendo Power - Talks Kingdom Hearts Music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnStrife

Awards
Website
lynnstrife.deviantart.com
Yoko Shimomura's music is truly amazing - I think I can safely say she's my all-time favorite composer :) I found out about her because of KH, so I'm glad they chose her to do the soundtrack! :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
She seems so sweet... I want to hug her. :D

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I love Yoko. I think she is just amazing. She wrote my favorite music along with Utada Hikaru. I wonder what part of the game Dearly Beloved was originally written for. I like that it ended up as the title screen music though. <3

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The soundtracks are IMO the only thing about the series which has been consistently good.

Agreed! I love her work. She's such an incredible composer. And very versatile too! Just listen to the stuff she did for the Mario & Luigi games. Sounds nothing like the Kingdom Hearts music!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if she wrote the theme song to all of the games that will tie in with KH III. The one she wrote for Final Fantasy Versus XIII was great!

The 14th Order

Shimomura's work in the KH series is iconic. She's a genius. Her pieces helped define the KH series for what it is today.

Recently a buddy of mine dug out the OST he had in a pile of old CD's. Just by closing my eyes and purely listening to the songs that she wrote, I could vividly picture myself playing the game. The whole soundtrack accurately captured all of the emotions in the game perfectly.

Shi truly is a powerful composer. (Heh. Heheh... She... Shi... Homonyms).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back