• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sells = Sequel?????

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King-of-Hearts

As we all have probably heard at least once,that Kingdom Hearts 2 would be made based on the sells of Kingdom Hearts but I don't think so, I mean I think Kingdom Hearts 2 was already being theorized and maybe even developed, I mean why else would they leave us with a cliffhanger such as the fact that Pluto was carrying a note and the ever popular ASAS.

*Also is there a difference between the American PS2 and the Japanese PS2 because I really want KH:FM.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
no japanese ps2 are different from american ps2, you will have to buy a japanese ps2 if you want FM

biglipsxi

WhO u ThAnK u DeAliN wIt
no u got it mixed up nomura said if kh2 sells well in its first year he might think about a kh3

King-of-Hearts

biglipsxi said:
no u got it mixed up nomura said if kh2 sells well in its first year he might think about a kh3

I'm talking about Kingdom Hearts 1 and how Kingdom Hearts decidely came to be made.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
King-of-Hearts said:
I'm talking about Kingdom Hearts 1 and how Kingdom Hearts decidely came to be made.

well if your talking about kingdom hearts 1 then this should have been posted this in the KH1 section

AForgottenMemory

Well technically every game's sequel is based on the sales of the original. From a business point of view there really would be no point in bringing out another game that wouldn't sell.

ASAS was put at the end of the American/European versions of KH's as an extra, along with a few new side-bosses such as Sephiroth etc. None of these aspects appeared in the original Japanese version of the game.

Appariently it must have sold well in Japan, which is why they could include ASAS to the American/European versions of the game, as they now knew it would be a success. That's why they made FM in Japan because they didn't include the extra stuff in their original.

If you think about just the ending, it left the story open but apart from wondering if Sora would ever return to Kairi or find Riku again...there weren't really any loose ends. It did leave an opening for a sequel but it could have easily been left...if that makes sense.

Awards
AForgottenMemory said:
Well technically every game's sequel is based on the sales of the original. From a business point of view there really would be no point in bringing out another game that wouldn't sell.

ASAS was put at the end of the American/European versions of KH's as an extra, along with a few new side-bosses such as Sephiroth etc. None of these aspects appeared in the original Japanese version of the game.

Appariently it must have sold well in Japan, which is why they could include ASAS to the American/European versions of the game, as they now knew it would be a success. That's why they made FM in Japan because they didn't include the extra stuff in their original.

If you think about just the ending, it left the story open but apart from wondering if Sora would ever return to Kairi or find Riku again...there weren't really any loose ends. It did leave an opening for a sequel but it could have easily been left...if that makes sense.

I completely agree with what you just said

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
^^Are you kiddin me, the main part was findin riku and kairi in the first place...and still is

AForgottenMemory

DaDides said:
^^Are you kiddin me, the main part was findin riku and kairi in the first place...and still is
I know that! My point is that the end of KH's still only left an opening for a sequel. Everything else was wrapped up, the baddy was dead, Kingdom Hearts had been sealed and all the worlds (as far as we knew) had returned to normal.

Keyblade-Master-

Almost every game sequel is based on its first sales but not all games, an example is fullmetal alchemist , the first game was bad and they still made a sequel so it could be possible for a bad game to have a sequel, and yes nomura said that kh3 will be decided by kh2 sales but come on! how many members in this forum are gonna buy the game??? a LOT and im not including another forums, it is sure that kh2 will be a total success, its the second most wanted game in japan right now, after ff xii

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Actually I've found out that Sequel come from like how many people actually want a sequel like after FFX everyone was crying out like we need another FFX so then FFX-2 came to light well actually there was that movie too I forget about so basically it isn't just sells is the people but still but still

Yes there is a difference between the American Ps2 and Japan Ps2 and yes there is a difference between KH KH:FM just to add that in there even though you didn't ask it

King-of-Hearts

AForgottenMemory said:

That's all I needed to hear!(Sticks thumb up and winks)

AForgottenMemory

lol I'm glad i could help King-of-Hearts. Also i agree with you crownmeking, there are those factors to consider as well but then surely if there are enough people wanting a sequel, chances are they're the same people who bought the original?

And shortythugsta i didn't say Kingdom Hearts had a perfect ending but that doesn't mean automatic sequel! If the game hadn't sold well or hadn't been known that it would be a success, KH2 would not be coming out.

Also i agree with you Keyblade-Master- it's true that some crap games do gain sequels but remember the amount of money that had to go into Kingdom Hearts. They had to pay for celebs to do the voices of Sora, Leon, Cloud etc. as well as all the original voices of the Disney characters. They would have had to pay for different licences such as Tim Burtons, "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Tarzan". Fullmetal alchemist wouldn't have cost anywhere near as much to develop, which is why they could afford a sequel.

Square-Enix would have lost loads of money from it. There's a good chance they knew it may have been a success but they couldn't be sure which is why they left room for a sequel but it still didn't have to come to light had the original been a complete flop.

Besides had it been shit no one would care if Sora, Kairi and Riku ever saw each other again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back